June 2023 Car Rental

My 11-day SUV just dropped to $378 through Hertz (autoslash). Was going to jump on an Avis through Amazon deal but I've been watching staceyj2 keep getting lower rates. Hoping it keeps dropping, but this is so much better than when I first started looking.

One reason I like these threads, is that they remind me to keep checking. I just dropped our standard SUV rate to $430 from Hertz, an additional $22 savings via Autoslash.

One reason I like these threads, is that they remind me to keep checking. I just dropped our standard SUV rate to $430 from Hertz, an additional $22 savings via Autoslash.
Down to $317 for "suppliers choice" with Hertz through Autoslash. For $11 more I can get a full size guaranteed. Trying to get the lowest possible rate (4 years ago, I paid under $200 for 9 days) but it would be nice to have more room.

Autoslash came through again with $410 for our standard SUV through Hertz, down from $430. Curious thing happened when I booked it via the link. After I finished reserving, the rate was $387! Can’t complain about that. I’m now in a zone where I’ll be happy with no further price decreases. Of course, I’ll continue to check right up until we leave for the trip.

Moved my trip from May to June so here I am. I've booked with Hertz twice through carrentalsavers.com, and both times I've had trouble connecting the reservation to my Hertz account.

Currently considering booking one night in a hotel (I need one for arrival day) and then I can get discount on a rental car booking both through Undercover Tourist.

Hertz through Autoslash down to $296 for 10 days (5/28-6/7) for full-size. Previously at $317 for “suppliers choice”.
I was curious to see what the cheapest rental that Autoslash could find for my time period. I believe it came up with a Priceline premium car from Hertz for $363. I clicked on the link to find other cars available on Priceline and it came up with $374 for our standard SUV. I grabbed it and I’m surprised that Costco is around $200 more for a similar car. While rates are coming down at Costco, expected them to be closer to Autoslash/Priceline.

Booked 8 days economy car through Costco today for $301 with Budget. Will keep looking as I don’t love Budget.

Booked 8 days economy car through Costco today for $301 with Budget. Will keep looking as I don’t love Budget.
I agree with not loving Budget, but our last 2 rentals at MCO were through Budget. Lines were short and cars were okay. Our next rental is looking to be from Hertz.

Successfully used Hertz "PC" code 210958 for 20% off at hertz.com. "Offer valid for vehicle pickup through 01/01/2023 & 02/28/2023. Promotional Coupon: 210958." Rent by: 6/30/2023. Hope that helps someone - y'all are always so helpful to me.

Hi. Is Hertz car rental off property or across the street like all of the other big rental cars at MCO? Thanks

Successfully used Hertz "PC" code 210958 for 20% off at hertz.com. "Offer valid for vehicle pickup through 01/01/2023 & 02/28/2023. Promotional Coupon: 210958." Rent by: 6/30/2023. Hope that helps someone - y'all are always so helpful to me.
Excellent code, thanks for sharing. This just brought my 6/11 - 6/17 rental down about $30

Autoslash found a lower rate again for our standard SUV rental. It’s now down to $367 for our 10 day rental.

I've found a great deal with Hertz car rental. We got a midsized suv for $519.16 for 16 days. I signed up for their gold plus reward but it said Standard counter on my reservation. Does that mean we can't go straight to the garage when we arrive at MCO and pick up our rental?

I've found a great deal with Hertz car rental. We got a midsized suv for $519.16 for 16 days. I signed up for their gold plus reward but it said Standard counter on my reservation. Does that mean we can't go straight to the garage when we arrive at MCO and pick up our rental?
Did you sign up before you made the reservation or after? You will have to go to the counter to have your DL and CC checked, but usually if you signed up for the program before you made the reservation and it attached, you can do that at the hut in the garage.

Did you sign up before you made the reservation or after? You will have to go to the counter to have your DL and CC checked, but usually if you signed up for the program before you made the reservation and it attached, you can do that at the hut in the garage.
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I signed up before I made the reservation. Can I go to my local hertz and have them verify my DL and CC before my trip?

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I signed up before I made the reservation. Can I go to my local hertz and have them verify my DL and CC before my trip?
Some have had success with that. Many of the local Hertz offices don't want to do that as there is no benefit to them. But it's certainly worth a try.

Some have had success with that. Many of the local Hertz offices don't want to do that as there is no benefit to them. But it's certainly worth a try.
Thank you. I'll try it locally and see what happens. We plan on dropping off a rental there after our trip, hopefully they'll be nice about it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter