• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jumping into June - June 2022 W.I.S.H. thread

This is the view out of my "office" window for the next few days:

1654525915957.png
I have the window cracked open and can hear the seagulls and the ocean. My "desk" is a little round table that wobbles a bit but I think it will work out OK, considering I'm only working half of the day. My motivation for this week is to get out there and walk, walk, walk.

My brother said he would love company so Florida here we come!!! We will fly in Friday night, spend the weekend with him then head south and drive back to spend the next weekend with him, too! I think the next six weeks will either fly by or just take forever! We were able to book a ferry to Dry Tortuga National Park! We'll be doing a lot of driving this trip, but it'll be worth it.

So that's my motivation! Be healthy and fit for the trip. Didn't pan out today as someone filled up my chocolate jar at work with mini snickers. So yummy. But now that I've eaten them I'm going to consider that a one and done kinda day. Back to focusing on only foods that don't upset my tummy, because, yes, I've eaten a couple Tums today also!

TUESDAY TOPIC

This quote has come across my IG feed a couple times lately,
and each time it stops me in my tracks:

1654576587584.png
What are a couple things you do on a daily basis, that will add up to a healthy life? What are a couple healthy things you can add to your daily routine?

What are a couple things you do on a daily basis, that will add up to a healthy life? What are a couple healthy things you can add to your daily routine?
I "walk" the cats almost every day, which doesn't really get me a lot of exercise :laughing: but I think the fresh air and sunshine (and simply the slow pace for a little while) make a huge difference to my mental health.

I should add in some healthy food prep routines. We don't eat horribly, but we could do better.

I think this quote really hits home because I have so many days were I don't do what I think I will or should do and the quote is telling me that those days add up to a life of not having done. I'm working on re-framing things so that doing nothing is also a valid choice, but sometimes I'm better at this than others.

In terms of healthy living the first daily thing that comes to mind is taking my meds, sounds simple but being consistent with anything can be a challenge. Another would be being protective of getting good sleep. Things I can add... daily walks, oi, I just never seem to get going on them, and making better daily food choices.

With things being so busy with school, sports and scouts wrapping up consistency is tough. But every night I take a few vitamins/supplements and get as much sleep as I can, I know how important it is for both body and mind restoration. I try to moisturize my face at least once a day as well and wear sunscreen outdoors.

There are sssooo many things I could add to my daily routine but finding time is tough. For practicality sake I will keep it simple and a small time commitment and say I will add consistently taking time to excersize OR get back into meditating/mindfulness if that fits better into my schedule.

I do yoga every work day morning. I like routines and I am very much a creature of habit so this is good for me. I also walk home for lunch every day. If the people at work only knew how important this was to me they wouldn't text me in the middle of my lunch!!! I really do better when I can take a total break from the work environment!

So many things I could add but think I'll just keep doing what I do. Plodding along is at least moving along!

Woohoo... overall this working vacation at the beach has been a success. I will do it again but with a couple adjustments.

Woohoo... between driving around here and seeing all the posts Floret has been doing on IG, I am finally inspired to so improvements in my garden.

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Got a second here to catch up, everyone’s daily goals sound so good!! When I get back from vacation I am going to try and walk everyday even if it’s a short one. It’s something my dogs look forward to and the past month or so I have gotten out of the habit and I need to get back on it as soon as I return!

Whooohoooo Wednesday we moved from our central Florida home rental to a beach house rental yesterday in Satellite Beach and it’s lovely here! Got some beach time yesterday and hoping for a full day today!

DD and I had our Animal Kingdom day Sunday and we had a great time. The parks are PACKED so if your coming-mange your expectations. If it was not for DAS pass I am not sure DD would have been able to get on rides…just standing in the Lightning Lane/DAS line was tough for her and after each ride she needed a sit down break, which was fine. We did the parks differently than we ever did before but it was great and I am so glad DAS was available to her so she could still enjoy the parks.

I hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday!!

I’m so sorry. How is he feeling? How are you feeling? Hugs, prayers and healing thoughts!!
He is feeling pretty crummy, but not "dangerously ill" level crummy (at least for now - hoping it stays that way!)

DS and I feel fine physically, just sad. I've been binge-watching old episodes of Grey's Anatomy, and he's been playing online video games with his friends.

The good news is, I was just able to cancel our hotel room, and we weren't charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter