• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jumping into June - June 2022 W.I.S.H. thread

Friday! - fingers crossed it is actually a quieter work day today because I'm mentally beat.

Sunday morning I head out to the coast, so today I need to do the laundry (first load is already in the washer) and then tomorrow it's clean house and clean out the car, and I guess I should pack at some point as well... it always seems like so much but really isn't. I'm l
ooking forward to the drive and the change of routine, and to eating some really good healthful food. This is my first working "vacation", where I will work in the mornings and take the afternoons off.... days are almost to their longest with sunrise at 5:15am and sunset at 9pm, so that should leave plenty of time for out of doors stuff. Hopefully it feels enough like vacation to be restorative.

TGIF!!!
I'm getting close to the finish line. I still have so much to do in just 12 days. Every day I check off another thing on my very long list of things to do before the end of the year...Field trip✔️Concert✔️Final Assessments✔️Evaluation✔️Parent Event-today✔️
Next week: Graduation rehearsal, graduation, field day, report cards, end of year paperwork, clean classroom & secure valuables.

DH informed me he wants to go to Florida next month! He said Florida beach and I suggested maybe California beach, but tonight he says Florida. Sooo tomorrow we will see if my brother would like some company in a few weeks. We won't visit Mickey (doing that at Christmas) but maybe we'll see some national parks. We'll firm up plans after we talk to him.

I absolutely love planning trips and now I have so many to figure out!!

It's Social Saturday!!

Let's do a Disney scavenger hunt in our houses. You can post a bunch of pictures, combine things into one photo, or just type descriptions (like for a mug, tell which character you have).

Who can find...

1) a Disney mug or other dish
2) a Disney photo frame or album
3) a Disney park map
4) a Disney book or plush toy
5) a "hidden Mickey" (you can cheat and make this one on the spot)

1) We have lots of mugs. Here are a few:
E3BCE32D-FD0F-47C2-9F0F-2E774B97064D.jpeg

2) A Disney photo gallery:
9080CBD5-7E0C-4721-9EAB-8558406F6FA2.jpeg

3) Park maps:
53386DF9-10F3-4E30-B54C-C0B4F0C471D7.jpeg

4) I'm a sucker for books! -
468F4D7F-FFE8-460E-A72B-5CFA20349DDF.jpeg

5) This is on my fridge. They are just recycled lids with magnets on the back that we use for spoon rests, but it makes me happy to see it there:
A025A12E-8129-42C2-A15A-CAD29070D612.jpeg

As of today, I have lost 26 lbs. in 5 months.party:I'm officially 1/3 of the way to my goal weight. My weight loss is going much more slowly than I would have hoped, but if it takes a few extra months to get to my goal weight, it won't matter in the long run. By now, I normally would have become so frustrated that I would have given up. This time around, I'm going to persist until I reach my goal no matter how long it takes.

As of today, I have lost 26 lbs. in 5 months.party:I'm officially 1/3 of the way to my goal weight. My weight loss is going much more slowly than I would have hoped, but if it takes a few extra months to get to my goal weight, it won't matter in the long run. By now, I normally would have become so frustrated that I would have given up. This time around, I'm going to persist until I reach my goal no matter how long it takes.
Congratulations! Job well done!

I'm not much of a souvenir shopper, so the only item on the list that I have is a mug:
1654356330008.png
The only other Disney things I have are in the car: a Mickey antennae ball, a small poseable Pluto that is wrapped around the back of my rear view mirror and has been watching me drive for the 18 years I've had the car, and a Tink window decal.

I really don't have much of anything left to do, just cleaning up in the kitchen and sweeping/vacuuming. If it isn't too wet today I'll tackle some outdoors chores that weren't on the pre-trip list, but other than that everything is covered and I am pretty much ready to go.

It's Social Saturday!!

Let's do a Disney scavenger hunt in our houses. You can post a bunch of pictures, combine things into one photo, or just type descriptions (like for a mug, tell which character you have).

Who can find...

1) a Disney mug or other dish
2) a Disney photo frame or album
3) a Disney park map
4) a Disney book or plush toy
5) a "hidden Mickey" (you can cheat and make this one on the spot)
1. I have more mugs and glasses than I could possibly post here, mostly of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. I drink coffee out of Tinkerbell and DD drinks her coffee out of Stitch every day. Cinderella is one of my water bottles for school. 0616FEEA-9127-4752-A57B-1197849EB3C4.jpegCEA4DBE8-A3BD-4807-8D3C-F34B7CE5F914.jpeg
2. This is the first photo we ever took in WDW. DD didn’t like the photographer, so she had a face on. These are our photo albums containing every one of our WDW and Disneyland photos.
A6E147EE-81B2-4293-996E-C8DABAABEC37.jpeg92B5DC1B-503B-4DCE-8C09-E53B41EB8798.jpeg

3. I don’t know where my maps are.

4. DD’s huge collection of stuffed animals are not accessible and all of mine are at school as well as all of my Disney children’s books. I know that we have a Life magazine about Walt, but I don’t know where it is.
5. No hidden Mickeys.

Last edited:
@Summer2018 congrats on the weight loss!!!

@Oneanne have so much fun on your trip!!

No scavenger hunt at my house as we are currently on vacation 😎

Went and visited Epcot yesterday and it was lovely! We are headed to Animal Kingdom tomorrow and that will be a wrap on our Disney adventures for this summer!

First day here we hung by the pool alllll day-grilled out, took a walk to the lake by the house-totally relaxing and wonderful! 2nd day was Epcot, today we went to the Mount Dora flea market (it’s huge!!) got some odds and ends, snacks, ect…had dinner nearby at a seafood restaurant on a lake-it was delicious!!

Happy to read about everyone’s weeks so far!!

Today I baked and decorated 120 cookies for my students’ kindergarten graduation party. Normally I would cut them into cute graduation caps, but the thought of piping frosting on 120 cookies gave me a headache, so I decided to keep it simple.

97B00848-079F-4CBE-963F-D52EFBD04A74.jpegB8B8D9B2-CA46-4BDB-A944-854C7DC79029.jpeg10E37A47-4B6D-435E-83CA-5D23F9F7E692.jpeg

Having three young kids and DH and I being fans ourselves you cant spit without hitting something mouse related in our house! Mugs, photo frames, stuffed animals, maps shoved in a shadow box.... As far as hidden Mickeys DS7 likes to find them in his dinner more often than not 😋
DH spent most of the day cleaning the pool and brought the DSs to get their boosters. DS7 and I made some muffins earlier...over the last couple weeks he decided he isnt feeling cheerios anymore and discovered mini muffins. We had dinner outside then the kids played for a bit. DD was exhausted and fell asleep on the breezeway couch. DH took DS9 to watch some area fireworks...DS7 hit the wall and wanted to go to bed. Going to try to see if I can see any of the show out the window.

Today I baked and decorated 120 cookies for my students’ kindergarten graduation party. Normally I would cut them into cute graduation caps, but the thought of piping frosting on 120 cookies gave me a headache, so I decided to keep it simple.
they look delicious, and I'm sure the kids will be happy with them!
As far as hidden Mickeys DS7 likes to find them in his dinner more often than not 😋
I love that!

My self care started yesterday with actually getting everything on my pre-trip list done. This morning I was so easily ready to go that I was early for the ferry before the one I had intended to catch… I’m on the boat now. I did more cleaning in the car than I had thought I would do and it is so so nice. As promised it is raining but Pluto Tink and I are still looking forward to the drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter