July Challenge - -C'mon Girls!

You got that right. I spent more than what they lost...............LOL

Welcome ToDisney, sorry I didn't explain the procedure in the opening thread! I think Alice28 covered it perfectly for you, by the way, I won last month, so I am hosting this month!

Hope you all had a safe and fun 4th of July!!!!!

So far, PigletsPal is in the lead, with a whopping 23 pages done, WTG PigletsPal!

My LSS has lots of hours/days that they don't charge, but I never can seem to make it to them, your 23 pages is giving me the motivation to really try harder. My husband would love the dining room table to be for eating again LOL, it also means I would cook more---thank God for patio tables and barbeques.

Keep me posted on those numbers!

:teeth: How funny Nancy since I just cleaned off the Dinning room table to make room for me to scrap some more on Sun. Dh and sons will be watching sports and I don't feel like going to the LSS.

Thanks for the explaination... sounds simple enough. If this challenge is still open, I'd like to join!! I just finished my 7th 2 page layout this morning. :D

Thanks!!

~Diane

Diane (ToDisney)

The challenge is open to anyone who wants to enter until July 31st, which is when I will be announcing the winner. So, keep scrapping! And have fun, too!

To Becky (PigletsPal)

Do you think we could talk our DH's into giving us a scrapbook room? ;)
I have been seriously thinking about putting my girls together in one room and using the other room for scrapping/computer. I just don't feel like painting/moving furniture etc (and neither does DH!) So, until that time my dining room (and every other room-we have an open floor plan) looks a mess!

Mom2Princesses:

I have done exactly what you are wishing for. Our 2 boys share our largest bedroom, we have the medium bedroom and our 3rd bedroom I just converted into a scrapbook room and computer room. I LOVE IT. It was a guest room, but since most of our guests now choose to stay in a hotel (namely our parents), we rarely used the extra bed anymore. So I moved the double bed upstairs to give my 5 year old a nice big bed (and sometimes he and his 2 year old brother like to bunk together), and now my 6 foot scrapping table, our computer, a filing cabinet and a nice book case are in our old guest room. I just love, love, love it. It might be worth it one of these summer weekends to paint a room and make the transformation!

you guys got a jump start! no fair!!!

oh, wait, I'm just behind checking this board! oops! none the less count me in. I'm sure the lucky scrapper who has already completed 23 pages has already beat me, but, even if I get 10 pages done this month that will be 10 more than I did last month!

I'm in!!!!

Alice28--

Did you give your boys the master bedroom? We have been considering that too, taking one of the smaller rooms and giving our girls the larger room to function as playroom/bedroom (at least until we get our basement finished). Now, the problem with that is my husband is dragging his feet about giving them our bedroom. That is why we have done NOTHING, because we are not sure how to do it.

My husband is only thinking no becaue he likes having our own bathroom, but the girls also have a bathroom that is off of the main hall. So, it is not like there is no bathroom at all, just not off our bedroom. Our house is not large, by any means, but we bought it new 3 years ago and he feels as though he deserves to enjoy the perks. Our closet is big, and would be so awesome for keeping games, toys etc---it's filled with luggage and boxes right now.

Anyway, your boys are the same ages as my girls, 5 & 2. How do they do sleeping in the same room? My girls fight a lot, which is why we also have not put them together...I am so confused as to what to do. When we finish the basement (again NOT large, as we have a colonial) I have carved out a bit of space for scrapping too. What to do???

Mom2-

Well, we don't really have a master bedroom- our house is 105 years old, so it was built pre-master bedrooms. ;) Our current bedroom is actually connected to a bathroom the previous owners must have added on in the 50's or 60's. Our bedroom is just big enough for our bed, two dressers and nightstand, which is fine. Their room is I would guess about 11' x 24'--- it isn't a deep room, but it's width is the width of the house. They do fine with sharing the room- there is TONS of room for each of them, even as they grow older. We have a double bed, the crib, a dresser, an armoire, a bookcase, a toy shelf unit, and lots of toys on the ground and there's still room to stretch out. Plus there is this storage room off their room, which is probably 6'x15'- it's partially finished and someday I envision that being a separate playroom or Nintendo room, etc. We need to tape the walls (it's just sheetrock) and lay carpet down though. I have been very fortunate to have boys who so far seem to adore each other, so hopefully they will stay that way for awhile. I imagine when they are 9 and 12 we will either buy a bigger home or figure something out. For us, giving up the bigger room is fine, because I would much rather have the 3rd bedroom as our office space than have the bigger bedroom, but not have the extra bedroom for us cause the boys each had their own room.

i'm in, gotta beat my total of 0 pages last month, lol!

1 2-page lo almost done-getting started is always the hardest part!

happy scrappin'

Hi all -

Finished 17 pages over the weekend. Have 3 more that are nearly done - just need to finish them off when I can catch DH for some details on one and finish matting the photos on the other.
Deb

Nancy,

I already told my DH that I want WHILE YOU WERE OUT to come in an make the garage into my scraproom. I even told him I could act very surprised;)

WTG Deb, 17 pages done!

Becky- That is an awesome idea! I would act "surprised" too, if I could get a makeover (plus, you could spend the weekend at one of those Scrap and Spas I hear about!)

We could never lose our garage, it is filled with all kinds of stuff, and of course, no car!;)

I finished 2 more pages yesterday and just need to journal one and title another making it four for yesterday if I finish them today. So far, that makes 6 complete and more to go. I feel great knowing I gave myself a goal. It is the 7th today and if I finish the two I need to do that gives me 8. I might even get another page or two done tonight.

Well, my count is at 4 so far this month. Better than nothing, but not like last month when I did 40! Here's hoping that everyone have a safe and great 4th.

I'm up to 8 pages for the month, but am on a roll...I have 3 more rolls to go develop so I hope to increase my amount by several pages!!!

Finally this weekend I did some pages. I have a grand total of 10! I hope to do a few more today! I really need to finish the kids school stuff and sports!

Just got back from the retreat and did 28 pages. I was upset, because some of the ladies there finished in the 60s, but I just wasn't working fast. I would say it averaged for me about a page per hour of working time. But I putzed around a lot.

I'm up to 15 2-page layouts (30 pages). I have another one ready to put together, but scrapping at 1:30 in the morning has limitations... like I can't put my eyelets in my pocket page... LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter