July 2013 Discounts

would love any type of discount--- either AAA or AP. We are looking at doing a split stay in end of july- early aug (depending on HS football practice schedule). We are DCV'ers staying on points at OKW for the 2nd half of our stay.

We just got back 4 wks ago from a DVC stay at SSR!!

I just booked the cabins at first wilderness for 7/22-7/28 with a AAA rate. It came out about $200 cheaper than 2 values at ASM and $400ish cheaper than a value suite at AOA, The CRO agent was very surprised at the rate.

We r a family of 6. Still not sure if this resort works for us. The one bathroom is my concern oh and the double size beds. We are DVCers and r quite spoiled by the king beds.

I have time to change it. Just limited on accommodations for our family. We r doing a split stat w our DVC points at the end of the trip,

Will keep looking for a better deal.

Planning July 2 to July 14, 2013. Will book when when airfare is released. Hoping for PIN or decent GP discount! Good luck everyone in getting great discounts!pixiedust:

Planning July 2 to July 14, 2013. Will book when when airfare is released. Hoping for PIN or decent GP discount! Good luck everyone in getting great discounts!pixiedust:

Airfare for July was released a couple weeks. Not sure where you live but we booked our flights on Delta about 2 weeks ago. We are flying non-stop from Boston to Orlando and pd $200/pp round trip :woohoo:

I also just have to share. After we booked our flight I email our TA and gave her the info so she would book ME for us. Well this past Saturday our ME vouchers and luggage tags were in the mailbox :banana: I was :dance3: around the kitchen. I couldn't believe that I had them already. I mean they used to only send them out 30 days before arrival. So I emailed my TA to tell her my daughters name was spelled wrong and thank her for getting the ME stuff to us so early and she was in shock herself. She said they have never sent them out this early and this must be something new. :cool1: Not sure how or why we got that stuff so early but it sure made me even more excited for Disney!! :woohoo:

Z28KatCar, Thanks for the heads up!:) Waiting for SW and they are not out yet. Have lots of points to use!:thumbsup2 Great price w/Delta! That is wild about ME sending stuff out so early but it does get you more excited about WDW (if that is possible!)

might as well jump in here (first time poster)...starting to plan our first trip to WDW, probably late July but haven't nailed down an exact date. Any type of discount for this family of 6 would be incredible! All of this planning is overwhelming already:)

Welcome Ihaslem, these boards are a great resource for all your planning. Planning is a lot of fun but can get overwhelming quickly. For a lot of the people on the boards we have done this many times and are willing to share info so please feel free to ask anything. We started planning for our July vacation in March or April of this year, lol. I keep everything in a binder and we have all the large stuff done except for ADR, only because we aren't 180 days out. There is a board on here that one of the dis member made an awesome spread sheet to do all your vacation planning on. It really has helped keep me organized. Anyhow, this board will be keeping an eye out for July discounts and posting as we hear about them. Unfortunately, I have received several Disney destination emails but nothing for July yet. Historically, they offer a room only discount but we will have to wait and see!:cool1: good luck!

Welcome Ihaslem, these boards are a great resource for all your planning. Planning is a lot of fun but can get overwhelming quickly. For a lot of the people on the boards we have done this many times and are willing to share info so please feel free to ask anything. We started planning for our July vacation in March or April of this year, lol. I keep everything in a binder and we have all the large stuff done except for ADR, only because we aren't 180 days out. There is a board on here that one of the dis member made an awesome spread sheet to do all your vacation planning on. It really has helped keep me organized. Anyhow, this board will be keeping an eye out for July discounts and posting as we hear about them. Unfortunately, I have received several Disney destination emails but nothing for July yet. Historically, they offer a room only discount but we will have to wait and see!:cool1: good luck!

Question - I have room and ticket reservations already made for July 2013. If and when they come out with a room only discount, can I use it on the reservation I already have?

thanks so much...I'll have to be on the lookout for that spreadsheet! I figured there weren't too many fantastic discounts in July but hope that it won't be soooo crowded and hot that we are miserable. Crossing fingers:) Thanks again!

Went ahead and booked (before airfare and discounts). We were afraid the Villa would be sold out if we waited too long... Better safe than sorry. Now hoping for some sort of discount!pixiedust:

Question - I have room and ticket reservations already made for July 2013. If and when they come out with a room only discount, can I use it on the reservation I already have?

Sorry, it took me so long to get back to you. Yes & No, If you get a discounted rate and are already booked they rebook your reservation with the discount. You repay the $200 deposit and they refund your money from the previous reservation. They say it can up to 30 days to refund the money you have already placed on your vacation but it has never taken that long for mine to be refunded. Also, last time I did this they didn't change my reservation when I got a room only discount they just refunded me the difference, no sure why :confused3.

We have booked a package as well through a TA and she is keeping an eye out for discounts as they come out. She has been wonderful!!:woohoo: Good Luck and happy planning!

Thanks so much for the information. I have never purchase tickets with my room reservations so I was unsure.

We are cruising on the Disney Fantasy in July, but want to add on a couple of days at WDW to check out new Fantasyland. Hoping for a room only discount so we can stay on the monorail, but rates now for Poly are over $500.00 a night! Eek!

Called and spoke with one of the lead CM's at Disney today (I requested a "manager") to ask a few questions about the current Disney Visa Offer and PIN numbers to clear some things up (ie. can I book with my Disney Visa now and if a DV offer comes out for July later have it applied, etc.) I know regular offers can be applied but was not sure about DV offers.

Anyways, after a long conversation with someone who called herself "Destiny," I was told to expect an offer most likely late March/Early April "very similar" to the current DV offer to be applied to late July/early August. Not sure how accurate this is (probably not very) but was a bit uplifting.

As for PINS, I was told that they are not told/given any pin information for the next summer until they walk in to their office/desk closer to the summer.

Very nice person who took the time to answer all of my questions.

Not sure if this helps anyone.

Called and spoke with one of the lead CM's at Disney today (I requested a "manager") to ask a few questions about the current Disney Visa Offer and PIN numbers to clear some things up (ie. can I book with my Disney Visa now and if a DV offer comes out for July later have it applied, etc.) I know regular offers can be applied but was not sure about DV offers.

Anyways, after a long conversation with someone who called herself "Destiny," I was told to expect an offer most likely late March/Early April "very similar" to the current DV offer to be applied to late July/early August. Not sure how accurate this is (probably not very) but was a bit uplifting.

As for PINS, I was told that they are not told/given any pin information for the next summer until they walk in to their office/desk closer to the summer.

Very nice person who took the time to answer all of my questions.

Not sure if this helps anyone.

Thank you! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter