July’s Journeys - July 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

July 4-10: Summer
July 11-17: Oneanne
July 18-24: PollyannaMom

July 25-31:

Thank you Oneanne and PollyannaMom for taking the next two weeks. Now we only need someone to host the last week of July. I will be on vacation, so I am unable to help out.

Last edited:
I'll take the last week if no one else is able.
I feel like I may have asked this before but does anyone have a new-ish fitbit? My charge 2 no longer recognizes calls/texts so I think it's time to upgrade. I was hoping it would work after i upgraded phones but no such luck.

Woowhoo DD is enjoying her big girl bed!
Woowhoo DH's aunt and I were able to adjust the babysitting schedule so I can attend a baby shower in the office next Wednesday
Woowhoo it's another day of summer!

It's really early. I had a weird dream that sort of woke me up, then DH's weighted blanket fell off the bed with a thud that woke me the rest of the way up. :coffee:

...does anyone have a new-ish fitbit? My charge 2 no longer recognizes calls/texts so I think it's time to upgrade. I was hoping it would work after i upgraded phones but no such luck.
No, I've never had one.
...It's really early. I had a weird dream that sort of woke me up, then DH's weighted blanket fell off the bed with a thud that woke me the rest of the way up. :coffee:
That happens to me sometimes. If I wake up too close to morning, I can't get back to sleep. This morning it was the cats - being excited that I'm home and their morning walks are back in place.

The drive was OK yesterday. It just always feels longer on the way back. But it was nice to see my folks, and they were grateful for the help sorting through stuff. (They have been "snowbirds" between NY and FL, but are selling the NY house and staying down south this time.)

I'll be buckling back down to regular exercise, and lots of salads, now that I'm home.

I feel like I may have asked this before but does anyone have a new-ish fitbit? My charge 2 no longer recognizes calls/texts so I think it's time to upgrade. I was hoping it would work after i upgraded phones but no such luck.
I'm in the process of replacing my Luxe... I ordered a new one which arrived this morning but they sent the Charge 5 instead so have to return/re-order. I think I've had this Luxe maybe two years? It refuses to sync with the ap despite following all the instructions to fix the issue. Other than that I've liked it.

Woohoo... I read a new thing about being ADHD yesterday that really resonated with me: the person described how they will think about something they have to do 10 times and then get stressed out because their brain thinks there are 10 things that need to be done. Bingo, that's me to a tee, so woohoo for figuring a new thing out, now to apply it.

Woohoo... to being back home with my silly little girlies.

View attachment 681026
Let’s play a game!

WHAT IS ON YOUR PHONE?

1 point:
-20+ photos on camera roll
-in a protective case
-Facebook app
-50%+ battery life

2 points:
-100+ photos on camera roll
-screensaver is a photo
-screen is not cracked
-Pinterest app

5 points:
-ringtone is a song
-Instagram app
-2+ game apps
-250+ photos on camera roll

Add up your answers. The highest score wins!!!
I am late to the game. My number is 25

Intro
Shannon just south of 40
Living in RI with DH, DS9, DS7 and DD
Business analyst for a bank
Hobbies reading and thats pretty much all I have time for
WISH goal for this summer are toning up the currently jiggly areas

Social Saturday score 16...my phone is legit a camera that texts

Been a frustrating few days. DD was doing well with potty training but was backed up so queue some probiotocs...well they worked too well so we had to stop them. But now poor thing has an awful case of diaper rash and we are back to square one with training. It's been a couple days where it doesn't feel like I can do anything right you know? Trying to work on self care numbers 9 and 10 right now.
I feel your pain with toilet training. Here I was, an early childhood expert who tried every trick in the book and couldn’t toilet train her own toddler. She did well for a while until she got a stomach bug then wouldn’t go near the potty. We tried the entire summer before she started preschool with no success. It took my friend, aka DD’s PreK-3 teacher, to do it for me. At age 2.5, DD wet her pants on the first day of PreK-3, and was embarrassed because all of her classmates were potty trained. She never wet her pants again!

Best of luck!
Ds was great to potty train. If I didn't have DD when he was 16 months, I would have had him potty trained by 2. I gave up when DD was born, it was too much. DD was horrible to potty train. She hated the toilet. It had any spec of dirt she wouldn't go near it. If it was an automatic flush forget it. She was still having accidents in 1st grade but not enough for anyone to know. It was a new school with all automatic flush. The nurse at the school helped her. She would use the nurses bathroom instead of the one by her room. Each time they flushed the toilet the nurse had DD move close to the toilet. When we were out I had to flush the toilet for her long past the time I should have.

DD and DH have the newest one. DH does not like the band but DD likes it. DH said the Charge 5 is better and defiantly better then the 2. DD liked the 4 screen better because it was bigger but she still likes the 5.

I am late to the game. My number is 25

Ds was great to potty train. If I didn't have DD when he was 16 months, I would have had him potty trained by 2. I gave up when DD was born, it was too much. DD was horrible to potty train. She hated the toilet. It had any spec of dirt she wouldn't go near it. If it was an automatic flush forget it. She was still having accidents in 1st grade but not enough for anyone to know. It was a new school with all automatic flush. The nurse at the school helped her. She would use the nurses bathroom instead of the one by her room. Each time they flushed the toilet the nurse had DD move close to the toilet. When we were out I had to flush the toilet for her long past the time I should have.

DD and DH have the newest one. DH does not like the band but DD likes it. DH said the Charge 5 is better and defiantly better then the 2. DD liked the 4 screen better because it was bigger but she still likes the 5.
Hmmm... I've been wondering if I reacted too soon and should have just kept the 5.

Happy 4th everyone. We had a great time. I did pretty good on food. It was so hot and humid I didn't want to eat much. DH and I are off this week so just running kids to practice and chilling. We have gone one many short walks with the dog.

My woohoo today is I am off of work.

WOO HOO! The process of installing a pool heater which started in April is almost complete. The electrician who had to come back today for the third time to correct his mistakes may have finally gotten it right. We have one more inspection, and then we can swim in a pool that’s not freezing cold.

WOO HOO! My school BFF is coming over tomorrow for lunch, swimming, talking each other’s ears off, and laughing until we cry.

Happy WhoooHooooo Wednesday everyone!!!!

Whoohoooing a 3 day work week This week since Monday was a holiday and my normal day off is Fridays!! It’s been such a busy week, that’s alway how it is when you lose a day!!

I have been so so busy-the weekend was long but full! We spent time going a lot of stuff and ended with a big family picnic Monday at our house it was a blast!

I did terrible with eating and drinking Monday and I still have chocolate chip cookies here and I can’t wait for them to be gone because I continue to nibble on them!!!

I am thankful that I was having so much fun with my school BFF yesterday that I didn’t have time to post.

I am thankful that we had beautiful weather yesterday especially since the weather report at one point was showers.

I am thankful for the freedom of summer vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter