Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH GOOD HEAVENS I'm already 8 pages BEHIND! Ya'll talke WAAAAY to fast!

And here I thought things were slowing down this afternoon! :rotfl:

Here's another article on the ratings:

Monday night's massively hyped episode of Jon & Kate Plus Eight -- in which the Gosselins announced their plans to divorce -- attracted a whopping 10.6 million viewers, the largest audience ever for the TLC show. The special one-hour episode also achieved record ratings among women 18-49 (4.6 million) and persons 18-49 (6.5 million). It also exceeded the show's season debut on Memorial Day, which lured 9.8 million watchers. Jon & Kate is in its fifth season.

After a retrospective of the Gosselins' 10 years of marriage airs on June 29, the show will go on hiatus until Aug. 3 to give the family "some time off to regroup," says a TLC spokeswoman, who added that a "modified" schedule will be in place to support the family's transition. The cable network ordered a total of 40 episodes this season.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/06/jon-and-kate-ratings.html

Anyone think is was interesting to hear Kate say she would always have the kids on holidays? UMMMM - isn't she in for a rude awakening? You don't get to hand pick the days you get your kids do you??

As far as the mother's day brunch - why on earth were they sitting side by side? they never sit side by side @ home - wonder why there?:confused3

Can't believe Jon is gonna move all the way to NY....I know that's where his lawyer is...but there's no way he'd be able to see the kids much...but I guess he feels in a big city he'd blend right in & people would not notice him - which is somewhat smart I guess - though I still don't agree....

And YEP! I guess he has changed - thus the earrings - I'm guessing he's wanted those for years & Kate wouldn't allow him to have them & so that's one of his 1st rebellions...

And in case you didn't know.... the show is on hiatus until Aug 3rd....

I guess they could still film right now to get next weeks episode, but it sounds to me like TLC called that off. (thank goodness) All the other taped footage is now out of date, it would seem to me. They can't get away with showing things out of order now, b/c it is fake and staged and frankly would be stupid.

I couldn't have put it better myself. :thumbsup2

COuldn't get this to pull up....

Try this: http://blogs.discovery.com/jon_and_kate/2009/06/a-new-chapter-for-the-gosselin-family.html#comments

I didn't leave a comment, was just curious about what was said.

And totally unsolicited, but here's my take on one of the few possible ways this show MIGHT continue:
Jon and Kate BOTH move out. (Each get a small efficiency somewhere nearby.) The house is quickly reconfigured to allow for 2 small bedrooms, 200 or 300 square feet each. Bed, closet, shower, toilet.
Then, they take turns living in the house. No "adult" gets the winfall of the residence. That house was meant for the kids. It might be interesting again, if the kids were allowed to have a loving parent at a time that was only focused on the kid's best interest, and not their own pleasure. And the kids, they can actually enjoy everyday life and holidays in their own home. :) They certainly shouldn't pay the price for the adult's choices.
And hey, if you think this idea stinks, that's OK. Just what came to mind while I was folding laundry. :rotfl:

(And I know about the rumors about Jon and NYC. This was just something that I thought might have a chance to work.)

I didn't realize - I guess because I don't watch the Emmys - that Jon and Kate could win an Emmy for their reality show....

'Jon & Kate' divorce hurts Emmy Awards hopes

Jon and Kate Gosselin announced their divorce on Monday night's installment of "Jon & Kate Plus 8." The couple's highly publicized marital woes have made this series must-see TV this season. The ratings for this reality show starring Jon and Kate Gosselin and their eight children are through the roof. And that rise in popularity could make a difference as nominees for this year's Emmy Awards are determined solely by a vote of the academy membership that ends Friday.

Almost 10 million people tuned into the Season 5 premiere of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" on May 25, just six days before the end of the Emmy eligibility period. The parents came together to throw a fifth birthday party for their sextuplets. In a statement issued after that emotional episode aired, they said, "As many couples do, we are navigating a very difficult time. Our current situation brings us together around the children and some times sets us apart. We keep our faith that we will make the right decisions for our family."

That decision turned out to be divorce. The split does not come as a huge shock for anyone who has tuned in to previous seasons of the show or followed the escalating tabloid rumors of alleged infidelities on both their parts. The show is going on hiatus until Aug. 3 as it deals with the changed family dynamics. The children will continue to live in the house with Jon and Kate switching off residence. Just how the series will document the difficulties of the eight children as they adjust to this new kind of family life remains to be seen.

Six of the 40 episodes slated for this season have aired. Season 4 of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" boasted a staggering 41 episodes. The Learning Channel included two of those episodes — "Korean Dinner" and "Backyard Campout" — as part of the Discovery network's Emmy campaign box, which shipped in May. However, producers have submitted that gripping Season 5 premiere – "Turning Five & the Future" – for consideration by Emmy judges should the show makes it into the final five nominees.

Last year, "Jon & Kate Plus 8" was submitted in the reality program category but failed to earn a nomination. The TV academy rejected a request by the Learning Channel to switch to the race for nonfiction series this year. That ruling means that if "Jon & Kate Plus 8" does get a nod, the competition could well include two-time champ Kathy Griffin and her series, "My Life on the D List."

In the past two years, Kathy Griffin has beaten back such competition as the genteel "Antiques Roadshow," the heart-tugging "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," and the newly clean and sober on "Intervention." Could eight adorable children (plus two less than perfect parents) be her undoing?

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards...ivorce-hurts-emmy-hopes-tv-news-1357908-.html

Anyone think is was interesting to hear Kate say she would always have the kids on holidays? UMMMM - isn't she in for a rude awakening? You don't get to hand pick the days you get your kids do you??

I thought she said something like, we will work to get along together so that I can always be with our children on holidays. Not just what she said, but I am so sick of rewatching the show to see just what they said, it's the best I can remember.

Actually, many decree's state what holidays and how they are divided for the kids.

I thought she said something like, we will work to get along together so that I can always be with our children on holidays. Not just what she said, but I am so sick of rewatching the show to see just what they said, it's the best I can remember.

Actually, many decree's state what holidays and how they are divided for the kids.

I really hope they find a way to be friends so they can be together as friends with the kids for the holidays. That would be ideal. I don't know if it will EVER happen, though.

BTW, did anyone else find it interesting that Jon said that maybe they may do another family vacation someday? I thought it was cool he didn't rule that out. Unless he just said that for the cameras, but he was speaking pretty candidly about something else.

She did say that, she said she could put aside differences and bad feelings so they could be together on the holidays. It really didn't sound like a demand to me, it sounded like she was saying they could all be together and put away the problems for the day.

I doubt there would be a windfall of the home. It will prob state that it either be bought out by one of them, or sold whent he tups are 18 and money divided.

I can't imagine having to be stuck next door to an ex spouse. There would be no privacy, and I would imagine the arguing would continue and be explosive. They wouldn't like how each other was raising the kids (Jon's would be mostly play, Kate's would be mostly structure). The kids would be confused as to who to listen to. Nope, I can't see it working.

However, there might be someone freed up now to fold your laundry! I"ll have J & K's people call you to see if the folder is free.

Jon and Kate BOTH move out. (Each get a small efficiency somewhere nearby.) The house is quickly reconfigured to allow for 2 small bedrooms, 200 or 300 square feet each. Bed, closet, shower, toilet.
Then, they take turns living in the house. No "adult" gets the winfall of the residence. That house was meant for the kids. It might be interesting again, if the kids were allowed to have a loving parent at a time that was only focused on the kid's best interest, and not their own pleasure. And the kids, they can actually enjoy everyday life and holidays in their own home. :) They certainly shouldn't pay the price for the adult's choices.
And hey, if you think this idea stinks, that's OK. Just what came to mind while I was folding laundry. :rotfl:

(And I know about the rumors about Jon and NYC. This was just something that I thought might have a chance to work.)

I doubt there would be a windfall of the home. It will prob state that it either be bought out by one of them, or sold whent he tups are 18 and money divided.

I can't imagine having to be stuck next door to an ex spouse. There would be no privacy, and I would imagine the arguing would continue and be explosive. They wouldn't like how each other was raising the kids (Jon's would be mostly play, Kate's would be mostly structure). The kids would be confused as to who to listen to. Nope, I can't see it working.

However, there might be someone freed up now to fold your laundry! I"ll have J & K's people call you to see if the folder is free.

There's an idea! And about being stuck next door to each other--I meant that they would rotate out (like some houseparents do for organizations.)When Jon was there, Kate would leave the home go to her efficiency apartment at another location, and vice versa. Basically rather than expecting the kids to pack up and go visit whomever every other weekend, summer, and holiday, (or whatever the court decrees) the parents would rotate in and out of the house.
The plus would be this plan would be far less disruption for the kids.

Everyone keeps stating how worried they are about the kids and how their lives are ruined, etc. Am I the only one who thinks they will be just fine for the most part? The kids have each other and even though I am sure they know something is going on with their parents, they still appear to be very happy and well adjusted. I think as long as both parents remain a part of their lives, they will continue to be well adjusted.

They were so cute when they were playing house last night.

Even if this is the last season, I hope TLC does a yearly update special on them.

I just heard that last night's ratings were HUGE. Not sure what the exact numbers were. But I heard the highest ratings ever in the 18-49 demo.

Everyone keeps stating how worried they are about the kids and how their lives are ruined, etc. Am I the only one who thinks they will be just fine for the most part? The kids have each other and even though I am sure they know something is going on with their parents, they still appear to be very happy and well adjusted. I think as long as both parents remain a part of their lives, they will continue to be well adjusted.

They were so cute when they were playing house last night.

Even if this is the last season, I hope TLC does a yearly update special on them.

I just heard that last night's ratings were HUGE. Not sure what the exact numbers were. But I heard the highest ratings ever in the 18-49 demo.

I basically agree. I mean, no doubt it will be hard on them ect. but no, in the long run, I think they'll be just fine. Most children today are a product of divorce, I was, and I'd consider myself to fine;) I get that my life wasn't filmed ect., but the Gosselins kids lives have been filmed before this divorce thing ever came up. I'm sure they'll manage to become productive/decent adults, just like the rest of us.

I agree with you, the kids are going to be just fine and seem quite happy.

Newtodis...thank you for all the articles! :thumbsup2

I can't keep up...I go away for a few hours and there are 10 pages....:confused3

I agree with you, the kids are going to be just fine and seem quite happy.

Newtodis...thank you for all the articles! :thumbsup2

Kids who do the best after divorce have parents who put the kids first. (Easy to say, much harder to practice.) By treating their ex-spouse with respect, never putting the kids in the middle, ( with nasty comments, quizzing, that sort of thing) and working together as a team, parents can really make a difference in how a child processes and experiences a divorce. Of course, if the parents can't control their emotions, the opposite is true.
Here's hoping Jon and Kate are willing to do the extremely hard work of being parents first and foremost for the long term emotional good of 8 kids.

I do hope Jon doesn't just drift out of the kid's lives. I personally suspect that he might, my opinion only. He seems to really want and desire his 'freedom'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter