Johanna and Dustin's SBP adventure! 6/23/08 No more swag at SBP

Hey gal! I was just reading some of your PJ. I think thats really crappy that a vendor would do that. I know we have had makeup vendors do that here before. However when you mentioned a HE- i couldnt help but think of officiants.

Hey gal! I was just reading some of your PJ. I think thats really crappy that a vendor would do that. I know we have had makeup vendors do that here before. However when you mentioned a HE- i couldnt help but think of officiants.

Nope, not an officiant... wouldn't that be ten times worse for man of God to act that way? :rotfl2:

Hey Joanna.. your wedding is going to be spectacular.. I cant wait to see the photos of SBP.. its going to look gorgeous

Hey Joanna.. your wedding is going to be spectacular.. I cant wait to see the photos of SBP.. its going to look gorgeous

Aww, thanks for coming over and reading! I love your wedding plans! I re-read parts of your PJ last night, just so I can see your dress! ;) We still have to have lunch with Amanda!

Hi Johanna! I didn't want to pirate: skylarr's thread anymore so I thought I'd take a look at your PJ. Sounds like things are coming together for you. Sorry about the vendor drama. I mostly just wanted to say I live in Palm Beach County but my DF's whole family lives in Miami which is why I went shopping on Miracle Mile.

Hi Johanna! I didn't want to pirate: skylarr's thread anymore so I thought I'd take a look at your PJ. Sounds like things are coming together for you. Sorry about the vendor drama. I mostly just wanted to say I live in Palm Beach County but my DF's whole family lives in Miami which is why I went shopping on Miracle Mile.

Oh ok, so you know Miami then though... I'm glad you came over and read my PJ. Slowly but surely it's all coming together...

Aww, thanks for coming over and reading! I love your wedding plans! I re-read parts of your PJ last night, just so I can see your dress! ;) We still have to have lunch with Amanda!

Yes we need to do a lunch with amanda, that would be fun!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! That sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty for SBP!!!!!! I can't wait to see your pics!!!

It will look fabulous! And, I'm glad you feel better about your photography. It can't be good going into your wedding feeling uneasy about it!

Thanks! I hope it looks good, I just don't want it to look "too" decorated, you know? :confused3

I agree with Amanda & Val -- I think if we had the extra cash, I would want the swags too!! :thumbsup2 But, since from the beginning I was all "just the basic escape package is fine" and now we've added 2 outside venders and petals in the aisle, on the cake table...blah blah blah... ha. Yeah, I can't justify adding the swag, no matter how much I want to! :rotfl:

I agree with Amanda & Val -- I think if we had the extra cash, I would want the swags too!! :thumbsup2 But, since from the beginning I was all "just the basic escape package is fine" and now we've added 2 outside venders and petals in the aisle, on the cake table...blah blah blah... ha. Yeah, I can't justify adding the swag, no matter how much I want to! :rotfl:

I justify it by saying the flowers from the swag will be going to Shula's for our reception! :lmao: Instant centerpieces... too bad I added more stuff over there too! Shh... don't tell my DF or I'm going to be in so much trouble! :eek:

My mom and I went invitation shopping yesterday. She's heading out of town for almost the entire summer and we needed to get invites picked out and ordered because when she comes back we only have a few weeks before we need to send them out and address them. So, we hit a bunch of invitation boutiques and they had some gorgeous stuff, but nothing we both agreed on. I wanted pink invites, that had some sort of vellum paper incorporated into it. I wanted it to be casual and classy. My mom thought the same, but she kept picking out things that had no pink on them. She would just pick them up because she liked them... :confused3

Anyway, I saw nothing I liked... actually I should say, nothing I loved! Money wasn't an that big of a deal, because we're having such a small wedding I could have gotten letterpress if my heart was into it, but nothing stood out to me.

So, I remembered a little disbride bird (;) ) telling us all about how she found Martha Stewart invites (thanks Toni!) and I remember how cute they were. Then I remembered how they were sold at Michaels down here. So, I thought we should head over there to investigate and see what we could find and what we thought of DIY invites... something that never crossed my mind!

We walked in and by Golly, on our way to Martha's aisle we found the Brides Magazine collection of wedding stuff. I looked and saw MY invitations. They were pink, they fit into a pink flowered vellum sleeve, they had a bow, and they were classy, and casual! I did the happy dance right then and there! :cool1:

Here is the main invitations...
MYinvites.jpg

The bow at the top of the invite will be pink and tied completely different...
Also, with the kit comes response cards and envelopes. The set came in 40 and I don't need all those, so half the response cards will be made into reception cards!

Here are the seals... I don't know if I will use them yet, or have a different seal. Opinions?
seals.jpg

I also bought matching thank you cards. They're cute, but I only bought them because they matched. I'm not in love with them. I also bought picture thank you notes, so we can put our fav wedding pic in it and send it to our guests. Tell me which ones you like better, please!
thankyounotes.jpg

OR...
thankyounoteswithpic.jpg

I also bought the DIY program kit from Michaels.
programs.jpg

I'm going to wait a bit to see if I find some in pink, but I think they're really nice and I like how they have different pages and then tie together. Thoughts?

I find it so funny that I decided to do this all myself. I mean, I guess it's good that I have a great printer and the templates for all this can be found on their website, but still... ME? Making my invites... I'm so not "crafty". I like to pay people to do things for me! JK! :lmao: I'm doing a mock-up tonight on the computer for the invites and the response and reception cards... I'll post them as soon as I can figure it all out!

The most hard to believe part about all this is that I got all the mentioned items for like 70 bucks because it was 25% wedding items! :woohoo: I'm still in shock! :faint:

Till next time... :surfweb:

Oh, I LOVE those invites! They're beautiful (even if they're Martha Stewart! :rotfl:)!! I love the flowers. Perfect!

I like the seals; they match. The color is perfect, and they go with the flowering. So I'd say go with those.

I like the thank you's for the very same reason-- they match. But if you'd prefer to add your picture, like in the second ones, I'd say get those. It doesn't matter if they match, and if they were pink, it'd probably take away from the picture.

Oh, I LOVE those invites! They're beautiful (even if they're Martha Stewart! :rotfl:)!! I love the flowers. Perfect!

I like the seals; they match. The color is perfect, and they go with the flowering. So I'd say go with those.

I like the thank you's for the very same reason-- they match. But if you'd prefer to add your picture, like in the second ones, I'd say get those. It doesn't matter if they match, and if they were pink, it'd probably take away from the picture.

Thanks for your opnions, you have a point about matching and the pink taking away from pic. Thanks! The invites and stuff actually were Brides, not Martha Stewart, so it's okay to like them! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter