Joe and Jennifer's DCL Vow Renewal PJ/TR~ CEREMONY FINALLY!!!

Sorry to hear about some things going wrong for your VR but all in all it looks wonderful. Your dress is just beautiful, your DH looks so handsom and your children are just adorable.

Your cake looks so pretty. I have to ask if you ever used the Lady and the Tramp statue that you got from Lenox. It is just beautiful but so large. I have it also and it love it but it is so big.

Sorry about your camera also but hopefully you will end up getting some good shots from others. Can't wait to read more.

Linda

i so wanted to use it, it is so beautiful! But you're right, it's so big, it would have taken over the whole cake. plus...i already had so much fragile stuff to take to the ship, i didn't want to chance it getting broken. good thing too, as my toasting flutes didn't survive the trip home. :sad2:

Hey Jen! I am so sorry to hear that you didn't have a great time on the cruise ut you looked stunning and it looks like you had a great time. DH and I have been on 3 RCL cruises and we just back from one recently and on everyone we had a fantatsic experience, so I would highly reccomend them.

You looked beautiful and I am glad everythign was able to come together. I am sorry it was so stressful though :(

Thanks Dawn! Yeah, i've sailed RCCL about 7 times myself, and i really think they are much better. We're looking into either RCCL or CCL for spring break 2011

Your cake was so beautiful and sounded delicious too! I'm so glad you were able to get the cake the way you wanted it. I love some of the shots with you and your family all together; everyone looks like they had a great time. The one of your son giving the evil eye is so cute ;)

Have a great Christmas! Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Hi Jennifer - I wanted to stop by and say hi! I'm the crazy girl that introduced myself to you on the flight to Orlando. :rotfl:

I haven't gotten to read all of your updates yet - it looks like you had a few little snags but I hope overall your dreams came true. I'm going to catch up now!

hey girls...i was all set to start my TR this week, then i got the stomach flu!! :sick::sick::sick: no bueno!! let me recover a few days and hopefully i can get started this weekend!

And i still don't have my Epcot bridal shoot pics yet! :headache:

i so wanted to use it, it is so beautiful! But you're right, it's so big, it would have taken over the whole cake. plus...i already had so much fragile stuff to take to the ship, i didn't want to chance it getting broken. good thing too, as my toasting flutes didn't survive the trip home. :sad2:

Sorry you did not use the Lady and the Tramp Lenox piece but I am sure you are happy it is save at home.

My toasting flutes did not make it to my wedding. One of the waiters dropped one before our reception at ADH. They were just plain flutes that said Bride and Groom - on a happy note - they gave us the Disney Mickey and Minnie wedding ones.

Hope you are feeling better and looking forward to reading more and seeing more pictures.

Linda

Ask and you shall receive!!

Epcot Bridal pictures are up!!

We had Mike Strickland and I am sooooo happy with his work!! OMG our pictures are AMAZING!! There are a few wonky shadows in the early Italy ones, but it was so dark and foggy when we got there i'm suprised any of them turned out at all!! Otherwise we are sooo pleased with our pictures!!

http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings

Username: Butler Bridal Portrait
Password: 1971

e1c38w.jpg

Hey just wanted to say I appreciate the brutal honesty of your reviews. I've always wanted to try a Disney Cruise but might reconsider now. Lots of people here see Disney through rose-colored glasses and I think aren't always really honest with themselves, so I like your approach! :thumbsup2

Thanks PrincessShea......i totally expected to be blown away by DCL and want to rebook while we were on board! I just couldn't believe the "service" we got! I know we were only on board for 3 nights, but each time we were in the dining room for a meal, we would already be on the 2nd or 3rd course before the waiter would ask if we wanted anything to drink!?!?!? On RCCL and yes even Carnival, the waiter knew what we wanted after the 1st night and always had either a coke or milk available when we sat down, and then would ask if we wanted an alcoholic beverage. The 1st night, our 6 yr old order the childrens pizza, and somewhere along the lines there was a miscommunvation somehow and she was the LAST ONE SERVED!!! That IMO is totally unacceptable! DIsney should know that children are the 1st ones to eat! And it was obvious that the childrens staff just didnt' mess well with ANY of the 9 children we had on board. :mad: I could see maybe 1 or 2 not wanting to be there, but all 9? And from 3 differnt families?? Nope...they just didn't want to engage them. I think those beepers give them free reign to get rid of the kids!! They don't even bother to try and entertain them!

Because the cruise was so short, we didn't partake of any of the dance clubs and stuff like that, but i can say that reading the navigator each day, nothing jumped out at me that i wanted to do. :confused3 I would be willing to give DCL a try again on a longer cruise, if they would drop their price!! No way will i pay $5000+ to go have crappy service!

Jennifer I am amazed that your service sucked so bad. I have always been throughly impressed with DCL servers in the dining room. I hope you complained!

Jennifer I am amazed that your service sucked so bad. I have always been throughly impressed with DCL servers in the dining room. I hope you complained!

I was going to say the same.:confused: Our cruise couldn't have been more different and we were totally blown away by the service and just about everything on our cruise. Our servers were absolutely brilliant especially with the children and my boys loved the kids clubs, we were very impressed.

Its such a shame you didn't get the experience that 99.9% of Disney cruisers have been fortunate enough to get.

That is weird..our drink servers knew my mom drank decaf coffee and had it already on the table the 2nd night. We had our dining crew for both the 4 day and 3 day..but we ordered a wine package the day we boarded and that night..before the waiter even knew us, he had our wine chilling at the table.

I think you need to try another DCL cruise..you did not get their regular service!!

well there's always got to be someone who gets the crappy service. I know that not all of DCL will be like that, but it's hard to stomach the cost of another DCL cruise considering the service we had. And yes, we did complain very much so on the comment card.

well i guess i'll start my TR....i can't say how great it'll be without all my pictures.

Friday December 4th -

I left work at 1pm, went home and finished up the last of the packing, repacked our overnight bag for the hotel and went over all of my check lists. i was feeling like i had it all under control! Picked the kids up at 430 then went to get Joe and we were on the road for Indy by 515pm! Stopped for dinner at Wendy's and got to the hotel about 830pm. Wake up call was set for 4am as we had to catch the shuttle at 5am!

Saturday December 5th - WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY!!!! ::cheer2:

I had a few adorable pictures of the kids at breakfast about 445am dressed in their matching Disney shirts and new Jackets....and of course...LOST!! (Do i still sound bitter about my camera??) Caught the bus, made it to the airport and we had already checked in last night before we left home and paid our luggage fee. But we had to check the carseats so we still had to go inside and wait in line. I was carrying my dress with me, plus the kids 2 little carryon suitcases.

Flight left ontime at 7am and we landed shortly after 915am!! WOO HOOO WE"VE ARRIVED!!! 1st conflict of the trip.....I told Joe to go down and pick up the rental car since he would be primary driver, while Melissa (BFF) and I got the luggage rounded up. Remember this in a few minutes. He didn't want to do it, said it wasn't a good idea to seperate and it's not like we were behind schedule or anything. So fine, we wait for luggage (that's the worst part of not taking ME) and then we head out to the car rental counter, Avis. I got an awesome rate for a full size for 8 days for $300! Said we would get an Impala or similiar.....we have a Ford 500 and I fit just fine inthe back with 2 car seats so i knew am Impala would be fine. Find the car rental counter and tell Melissa to stay with the kids and luggage while Joe and I go get the car. We head to the counter and the rep says married couples are automoatically co-renters, so Joe goes back with the kids and plops his *** in a chair. REMEMBER THIS!!! So i go thru the stupid insurance speil, and he asks me if I want to upgrade to the SUV for $40 a day....um NO!!! Fine...he gives me a Chevy Malibu, choice of red or silver. Ummm....is a Malibu a full size?? Sure he says....i have no idea so i take him at his word. Grab the family and off we go to get the car....walk to the car and Joe immedialty starts throwing a fit about the car not being right. ****** if you had stayed with me like i told you to, this wouldn't have happened!! Who spent his ENTIRE LIFE studying every dang model of car known to mankind??? Certainly not me! I can't tell the difference between a peuget and a porsce! So after trying to stuff a weeks worth of luggage for 5 people into the trunk, it just ain't happening. So we go back to the counter and complain about the car....or rather i should say I go back....again, Joe didn't do a damn thing. Am i forshadowing the weeks events???? The woman at the counter was trying to conince me that the Malibu was a full size......20 minutes we bickered back and forth! I was this close to spending the $40 upgrade for the SUV just to get out of there when finally an Impala was returned....and we got it. Totally fits just fine, no issue. So we finally leave the airport....would you take a guess as to what time it was??? 11:45am!! 2-1/2 hours wasted at the airport! I was so bummed! So we skipped the walmart stop and went straight to Ft Wildereness!!!

Melissa249.jpg

I was sure to document our trip under THE SIGN.....luckily Melissa did too!
Melissa246.jpg

I have to say that we were really impressed with how easy it was to get around and how clearly the signs and directions were marked. The only concern was the sign would say Turn Here for Magic Kingdom...and the turn was literally 25 feet behind the sign! :confused3 We missed a turn just 1 time the whole trip

We arrive at Ft Wilderness......
Melissa760.jpg

Guard shack.....you actually have to insert your Ft Wilderness room key to get in....is it like that for all the resorts??
Melissa761.jpg

Camper Check in
Melissa763.jpg

Cabin Check in - Reception Outpost.
Melissa764.jpg

Melissa765.jpg

I went into the reception outpost to check us in, there was a hand sanitizer dispenser when we walked in. 2 windows open, and just a small wait. there was a tree next to the fireplace and a small kids area off to the side for them to relax while we checked in. I asked about our boxes, and they had them already set for us in Luggage dept! YAY!!

Our Cabin was in the 2600 loop
Melissa772.jpg

Melissa668-1.jpg

Melissa670-1.jpg

I have to say we LOVED Ft Wilderness! It was so perfect for us....the cabin was great. Very roomy and we never felt cramped or stepping on each other....espically with the extra non-family adult in our party. The Full sized kitchen could have been utilized more during a longer trip, but the refridgeator and coffee maker were wonderful. we used the microwave to warm up muffins and croissants for breakfast that we would buy the night before. The only thing it could have used was a washing machine...but oh well.

(these are pics Melissa took later in the week, i took LOTS of pics when we arrived....I just have to stop bringing up painful memories)
looking into the living room, by the kitchen table
Melissa673-1.jpg

Melissa776.jpg

kitchen
Melissa674-1.jpg

hallway
Melissa675-1.jpg

bathroom
Melissa775.jpg

bedroom
Melissa774.jpg

the kids on the patio

Melissa769.jpg

Melissa770.jpg

Melissa771.jpg

It was now 1230pm and we hadn't eaten since a quick bowl of cereal in Indy at 430am. If we didn't feed the kids soon, it was going to get really ugly! So the plan was to head to Epcot and eat ASAP! First we had to stop and get the boxes and stroller from luggage services, there wasn't enought room to get them when we checked in.

so we go back to Reception, grab the boxes, but the stroller isn't there!?!?! WHAT?!?!? So i call the compay we rented from, A Baby's Best Friend. Their contract says they have until 6pm to deliver the stroller! UGH! I'm not waiting that long, we're all tired and hungry, it'll be ok with the stroller. So we head out to EPCOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter