Jock Lindsey's... What do you think?

TexanMinnie

Mouseketeer
I need your thoughts on Jock Lindsey's. I've never been there and am considering it for my trip in December. What are your favorite cocktails and dishes? Or, is it not worth my time at all?

We've really enjoyed our visits there, well worth going. I can't speak to it during Covid though. The theming of the bar is top notch, and if you know your Indiana Jones you'll really enjoy it. Take the time to explore around the bar if they will let you. Typical Disney prices for food and drink I thought the food was good. I’m a rum guy so the Cool-headed Monkey was good, it was bit sweet though. But the Shorty's Singapore Sling was well done. I do wish they had more rum based drinks that were on menu

Its a cocktail lounge with some small plates/light appetizers. Nothing on the menu has appealed to us in terms of food. We like to stop there for a drink before or after dinner. Its an interesting place inside, but the seating is fairly limited inside. Just something to keep in mind if you will be there on a weekend.

it is not what it used to be. When it first opened, it seemed more special. Now all the drinks are just pre made and they just try and herd people in and out.

This is my must do on every trip now. The loaded pretzel is the best pretzel I’ve ever had and I also love the Coolheaded monkey.

Be sure to ask your server about the drink specials and the secret menu items. They often have a pretzel and charcuterie board that is very, very good.

It's one of our favorite places. Particularly if we can get a seat out by the water. Staff has always been great and I've never felt rushed, even with the current reduced capacity.

Steve

Be sure to ask your server about the drink specials and the secret menu items. They often have a pretzel and charcuterie board that is very, very good.

It's one of our favorite places. Particularly if we can get a seat out by the water. Staff has always been great and I've never felt rushed, even with the current reduced capacity.

Steve

The pretzel charcuterie is on the regular menu, just had it a couple weeks ago.

This is a tough one because we go there every time we visit by default and every time I think “meh.” Draft list is limited, food isn’t that good, and drinks are sweet. Their patio is right on the water but boring otherwise. I much prefer to sit inside but that was almost all but eliminated with COVID. Should come back though! I will say their their cookies and milk special at Christmas was so fun and one of the best specialty treats ever.

Bottom line is everything is worth trying once. You never know when something might be your fave place!

We were at this place in September, 2020 and were impressed enough to want to try it again this October. Anyone visited here in the past few months have any reports? I'm intrigued by the Air Pirate's Cargo Loaded Pretzel. Looks to be enough for two.

We love Jock Lindsey's - especially in December when it's decorated for the holidays. The pretzel charcuterie dish is great. We also really like the sliders and the empanadas (though I think they recently took the empanadas off the menu). The drinks are fine, though nothing really stands out, cocktail wise. My son loves the place as it's one of the few on property where he can get his favorite beer - Kungaloosh.

We love Jock Lindsey's - especially in December when it's decorated for the holidays. The pretzel charcuterie dish is great. We also really like the sliders and the empanadas (though I think they recently took the empanadas off the menu). The drinks are fine, though nothing really stands out, cocktail wise. My son loves the place as it's one of the few on property where he can get his favorite beer - Kungaloosh.
Hah! I recall our 1990 WDW trip going to the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island. IIRC, Kungaloosh wasn't part of the terminology at that time.
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Adventurers_Club

We have only been there once in the afternoon when they weren't busy and were able to get the diving bell.
The drinks were ok, didn't try any food.
The theme is done very well.

First copy of trips I loved it, even went there a few times while traveling for work….
something changed pre covid, and it has never been the same.
post covid I haven’t been back…..

I went President's day week (late February) with my mom. We were seated within 20 minutes of signing up for the waitlist. The loaded pretzel was really good but the drinks were meh. I could make better versions of the drinks they were serving at home (truthfully you can say that about most cocktails at WDW but I found that to be especially true here). Service was also very slow. I liked the theming but overall I don't think it's something to go out of your way for unless you're already in Disney Springs.

I need your thoughts on Jock Lindsey's. I've never been there and am considering it for my trip in December. What are your favorite cocktails and dishes? Or, is it not worth my time at all?
We LOVE Jock Lindsey's. Especially enjoy the Queso, chicken wings, and tuna tacos.

Can't help you with drink recommendations.

We check in, request the diving bell table, and stroll around Disney Springs until it's available. (I'm not sure why we find so appealing, but we do :) .)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter