Job posting hope!

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
I see this morning Disney has posted jobs on it's site for the cruise line one of them being a lifeguard at Castaway Cay! Also I stalk the port adventures pages mostly for Alaska (since I'm booked for August for that) and I notice several new excursions that have been added that have no been listed before. Why go through that effort to add things like if it's not going to happen. One can hope and wish right... 🤞🤞🤞

I see this morning Disney has posted jobs on it's site for the cruise line one of them being a lifeguard at Castaway Cay! Also I stalk the port adventures pages mostly for Alaska (since I'm booked for August for that) and I notice several new excursions that have been added that have no been listed before. Why go through that effort to add things like if it's not going to happen. One can hope and wish right... 🤞🤞🤞
The Castaway Cay lifeguard might be a glimmer of hope for the Caribbean cruises but Alaska isn’t going to happen this year.

Do you know what is going on in Canada with covid? Canada is very strict. Even for the citizens that travel out of country has to get a negative covid test before they can come back to their country. There is no way Alaska is going to happen this year.
they are telling Canadians that the average person might not be vaccinated until September. Sorry your Alaska cruise is not going to happen this year.

Do you know what is going on in Canada with covid? Canada is very strict. Even for the citizens that travel out of country has to get a negative covid test before they can come back to their country. There is no way Alaska is going to happen this year.
they are telling Canadians that the average person might not be vaccinated until September. Sorry your Alaska cruise is not going to happen this year.
I suppose that goes for the Canada cruise out of NYC as well.

I suppose that goes for the Canada cruise out of NYC as well.
Most likely except that there is a slim chance that by the time of the fall Canada cruises that there will be adequate vaccine distribution.

I live in Vancouver. The current estimate for vaccine distribution to the general adult population isn’t until summer/fall. You won’t be seeing cruiseships here until that happens.

Don’t forget all arrivals have to quarantine for two weeks too and no one is being allowed in for strictly tourist reasons.

Yes and I’m aware of the Canadian restrictions and realize it is probably not going to happen this year. Just wish they would announce it already. I booked opening day with a placeholder that expires this August and am really hoping I can just move the reservation to 2022 using that discount. Then I can go ahead and book something else for this summer as like many others who skipped their summer 2020 vacations I need something anything to get away a disconnect this summer.

Yes and I’m aware of the Canadian restrictions and realize it is probably not going to happen this year. Just wish they would announce it already. I booked opening day with a placeholder that expires this August and am really hoping I can just move the reservation to 2022 using that discount. Then I can go ahead and book something else for this summer as like many others who skipped their summer 2020 vacations I need something anything to get away a disconnect this summer.

Yea. Disney has for whatever reason been very slow to officially cancel sailings that we’re definitely not happening such as Hawaii and Alaska last year and the EBPC in the fall when the Wonder had already gone back east without passengers. I couldn’t tell you why that is.

Yea. Disney has for whatever reason been very slow to officially cancel sailings that we’re definitely not happening such as Hawaii and Alaska last year and the EBPC in the fall when the Wonder had already gone back east without passengers. I couldn’t tell you why that is.

it isn't just Disney. No cruise lines as far as I'm aware have cancelled their Alaska cruises. There is a push by a lot of the ports up there to try and get Canada to agree for cruising to resume due to the money they are loosing and the fact that a later 2021 start would mean they miss out on another full season. Whether this works or not is unclear but this is the reason most if not all cruise lines are still selling Alaska cruises as no one can be 100% sure what will happen with this move. Most of the Alaska ports have very little income options without tourism and unlike a lot of the Caribbean areas its more difficult to get to these any way but by cruise ship.

I do agree though that last years cancellations were very slow and the ships repositioning should have been done after the cancellations but wasn't which was weird. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months.

The current cruise ship ban from Transport Canada expires February 28 so we should have a more definitive answer as to whether the Alaskan season will be good to go (doubtful) or cancelled (most likely) in just a few weeks.

Yep I think early March we will know one way or another. Its just a waiting game really at the moment.

This may be a bit selfish but I would appreciate an answer before they announce summer 2022 itineraries. I'm an upstate NY teacher with little ones so that is really the only time we can travel. I also feel so terrible for all those ports in Alaska that depend on this income. Guess I will continue to wait and see and be thankful my family has so many disney memories already.

There is no way Alaska is going to happen this year.
they are telling Canadians that the average person might not be vaccinated until September.

This is slightly misleading. What they've said is that they expect to have innoculated every Canadian adult who wants a vaccine by the end of September. So yes, some "average people" may not be vaccinated until September, but if things go as planned, the rollout for the non-priority population is expected to start by early summer. More to the point, the vulnerable populations who are driving the very large majority of hospitalizations and deaths will have been vaccinated well in advance of the summer cruise season.

I give the Alaska season pretty low odds right now, mostly because cruise lines may need to make decisions on whether to move ships before the Canadian government is ready to commit to a timeline on lifting restrictions, and also because I think cruise lines will be one of the very last settings where restrictions will be lifted. But I don't think we'll wait until all Canadians have been vaccinated before we start lifting travel restrictions, and I'm hopeful that by later summer things could be mostly back to normal.

That's if vaccinations go as planned, and if they prove to be as effective in the broader population as clinical trials have suggested.

it isn't just Disney. No cruise lines as far as I'm aware have cancelled their Alaska cruises. There is a push by a lot of the ports up there to try and get Canada to agree for cruising to resume due to the money they are loosing and the fact that a later 2021 start would mean they miss out on another full season. Whether this works or not is unclear but this is the reason most if not all cruise lines are still selling Alaska cruises as no one can be 100% sure what will happen with this move. Most of the Alaska ports have very little income options without tourism and unlike a lot of the Caribbean areas its more difficult to get to these any way but by cruise ship.

I do agree though that last years cancellations were very slow and the ships repositioning should have been done after the cancellations but wasn't which was weird. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months.

It’s quite clear actually. There is no appetite at either the provincial or federal level to even reopen the border and remove the quarantine requirement let alone reopen ports to cruise ships.

It always cracks me up when I see people posting things with such absolution when in truth nobody knows anything about the future. Things change every 15 minutes with covid. So to say there's absolutely no possible way X,Y,Z is happening is pointless. A week ago, there were serious doubts about the NHL playing in Canada, yet here we are about to start the season in 6 days with players traveling from all over the world into Canada. As far as the roll out of the vaccine, that's all pure speculation dependent on a number of variables.

It’s quite clear actually. There is no appetite at either the provincial or federal level to even reopen the border and remove the quarantine requirement let alone reopen ports to cruise ships.

there's been plenty of appetite from the Canadian federal government to allow international flights coming into Canada unabated since March 2020. Hundreds of flights from the US, China, UK, Europe, every day. The negative Covid results requirement is just going into effect today...
I'm all for border closures, they're necessary to contain the spread. But they should do it across the board, not just selectively banning ocean and ground ports, while airports are welcoming ppl with open arms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter