Jiminy's June 2015 W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge!! Any and All welcome to join!!

Have to report a non scale victory: meal planning for next week is done, I already have done the grocery shopping for it, too. And I have even included quite a few packed lunches. It is not a very inspired meal plan. But I have added one new dish. Hopefully I will find some time over the coming week to find some new meal ideas. And hopefully I will be able to stick to my plan!!!

Also: July is coming up! Think about whether you want to coach for a week!!! It really is not difficult and many people find that it really helps them to focus on their weight loss during that week!! I am still taking volunteers, so far NOBODY has signed up!!!

Keeping walking girlfriend! I'm not there yet....no exercise for me...at all. I have a knee thing going on and am getting my shots...but today...I'm going to go for a little walk to the mailbox. Every step counts! And...you are definitely not alone! I am constantly thinking about food...when is my next meal...my next snack....what time is it! I tell myself "just sit with the hunger, get up and go do something." It never ends. So you have friends here for sure! Stay strong over the weekend. I'm with you!
Thanks so much for the encouragement...I love just "sitting with the hunger" I am going to use that. When I couldn't exercise because of a torn foot tendon I did chair exercises on you tube...very gentle but made me feel better. Hope soon you're able to walk past the mailbox..Good Luck
:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

Just started watching this thread so I would remember to start and follow along for July but have to say that I saw the "banging the head against the wall for 150 calories" and realized that my kids really can be a great motivator for losing weight. :rotfl2:

Checking in! Missed last week - might take me a bit to get into the habit!
Things have been very hectic the last couple of weeks, so pretty sure I'm not going to make my June goal for walking. Have done about 120 minutes so far. (Goal was 200, I think?) I've not spent much time just sitting or anything, but not the time I meant to just dedicated to walking either. With two small kids, I'm thinking next month may be better to find a high intensity thing to do in shorter stretches.
BUT, I did join Weight Watchers again. I did this after having my oldest and did very well on it. After the first week, I've lost 5 lbs so I'm on my way!

Morning all! I kind of gave myself the weekend off.... but I should have popped on and let you know. Sorry about that. Anyhooooooo....

here is your QOTD for Monday, June 29, 2015:

TODAY is NATIONAL CAMERA DAY!! Please share a picture! It can be a before-and-after picture of your weight loss progress, a favorite family vacation photo, a picture of your yummy breakfast, or even a picture of your fridge! But please find a way to LINK IT back to our healthy weight loss journey here!

I'll start us off......

this is a picture from my 2011 Mother/Daughter Disney weekend (DD and I in the middle in the black t-shirts).... and I won't "tag" anyone else in the photo (because I haven't asked permission), but this is a Disboard friend and her DS! I would NEVER, EVER had had the guts to meet a "stranger" from online when I was heavy.... heck, I had trouble making eye contact and greeting people at church! Losing the weight gave me the confidence to meet people and enjoy it! Photo0072FourBySix.jpg

So, I'm thinking of what my July goal should be... My criteria for a "goal" are:

1) It must be a measure of controllable behavior, not outcome; ie.: I can control the number of steps I take but, I can't control how well my body will respond in lost pounds on any given day.

2) I prefer a goal that can be exceeded; An accumulated step count goal can be exceeded but, to not drink sodas for an entire month (31 days) would start at 100% and would only fall from there if slip-ups were to occur.

3) It should be something that I can spread out thru the month; have a daily target but allow for the "not-good" days to be compensated for on "better-than-expected" days because, let's face it, we can't really count on EVERY day to be a "good" day.

4) All-or-nothing goals are from the devil and will not be considered.

My June goal was to achieve a set number of accumulated steps and, I am on target to exceed my original goal.

Next month, I want to add another behavior-based goal. I'll want to keep/increase the step goal but, I'm afraid that I may, at some point, consent to surgery to relieve the plantar fasciitis in my left foot. If that happens, I'm sure it will cause a step goal to be jettisoned during recovery.

I was considering maybe adding a total accumulated minutes of plank exercises. Like an HOUR for the entire month, which works out to about 2 minutes per day; starting with four 30-second planks spread out thru the day at the beginning of the month and, if I can, progressing to a single 2-minute daily plank during the last days of the month. However, this could also be affected by the usefulness of my foot.

Something that would not be affected by foot pain (or the treatment thereof) would be setting a water-drinking goal. I'm thinking that I could commit to drinking a total accumulated ounces of water during the month - for me, approximately 88oz per day multiplied by 31 days. (Please don't tell me that's too much. I know it would be for some people but, I know from my own experience that my body works better and feels better when I consistently drink about this much.) I also figure that if I'm on the hook for this many ounces of water, I couldn't possibly continue drinking sodas because, seriously, where would I put them...

So, injury or no injury, do you have any ideas for behavior-based exceed-able goals?

I love the thoughts about "measure of controllable behavior"..... it totally eliminates the FRUSTRATION of things that are, to some degree, out of our control. How about something (in additon to the exercise goals) like a goal to track a certain number of days/meal? Or to aim for a solid 3 servings of veggies every day? I too need to rethink my goals for July. Just staying on-plan is NOT working for me any more. I have pretty much maintained my weight for several months now..... which isn't terrible, but I am a solid 8 pounds over where I would LIKE to be and a solid 4 over my maintenance number. I know the things that NEED to change (too many carbs, eating too much at night, not eating ENOUGH calories most days, and not enough exercise), but I'm having trouble making it happen..... no excuses, just a complacent frame of mind.

First, yesterday's QOTD: I actually have 2 pictures of myself that I look at fairly often for motivation. One is me from the summer of 2012, when I was much smaller. I was never -skinny- by any means, but I was much smaller than now (size 12/14 vs. size 18) and that's what I'm trying to get back to. The other is me currently, in my wedding dress. I'm unhappy with the way that one looks, so I use it as my "get up and do it" motivation. The problem with using the first picture is that I get so frustrated because I was that small and if I hadn't let it go, I wouldn't be scrambling now! Haha.

Today's QOTD: I have just been WIPED this week. Oh my goodness. I didn't even post here yesterday (I read everything though!) because I just didn't have the energy. I don't know what's going on! I haven't been getting up and getting on the treadmill in the mornings this week, so I'm kicking myself for that. But last night I went to bed at 8:30 and fell asleep pretty much immediately, and I still had trouble getting up this morning. It was 6:15 before I finally forced myself to get out of bed. Definitely cannot keep going like this. I think 95% of it is just "that time" and it'll clear itself up in a day or two. But I sure am noticing a difference in how I feel overall from not walking or doing weights. I haven't been too bad about eating, thank goodness (though yesterday we did splurge and have some leftover red velvet cake from the shower... But it wasn't as good as we remembered it being on Saturday and it all got thrown out this morning!) ... No gains yet, but no losses either, and I don't have time to plateau right now. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get in two sessions a day on the treadmill for the rest of the week to make up for the last few days. We shall see...

ETA: Just realized today is the 24th, so it's exactly 4 months until my wedding (more importantly, 4 months and 1 day until DISNEY!!).... Which means tomorrow begins the "3 months and X days" countdown, so basically I'll be off somewhere hyperventilating. 3 months sounds so much sooner than 4 months! And my to-do list is SO, SO LONG. ugh.

Time for NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE kind of thinking! You can make AMAZING progress in three months..... but it takes hard work, NO CHEATS, and a NEVER-SAY-DIE attitude!

QOTD for Thursday, June 25, 2015:

Now that summer vacation has started (for me and my DS at least), I am thinking about FUN STUFF that I like to do with my "spare" time. I enjoy organizing, being crafty, and scrapbooking.

What are your favorite HOBBIES when you have time to spare???

I LOVE scrapbooking.... but there is never, ever enough time to do it! For a few years I made my family NUTS by packing up a bunch of scrapping stuff and taking it on vacation (hey, it's my vacation and if that is what makes me happy, so be it!) but I haven't the last few years and I definitely find myself a little bored at times. So this year I plan to spend part of July making up some scrapping "kits" to take along! Making the kits makes it easier to streamline what needs to be taken.

:wave2: Morning! I was starting to wonder if we were still using this thread... I was afraid I'd missed a memo along the way! Haha.

I LOVE to craft! Anything and everything. It's a little less fun at the moment because all my crafting time is spent with wedding crafts, and those are much more "this has to get done" than "oooohhhh I think I'll make this today!", but I still enjoy it nonetheless! I also love photography but I haven't had much time or opportunity to get out and photograph anything lately.

Dragged myself out of bed and onto the treadmill this morning... Only got in 20 minutes, but it was 20 minutes more than I would've if I'd stayed in bed! The plan is to jump back on when I get home this afternoon and squeeze out another 20 - or maybe 30! Followed by some weights. I tried on a pair of pants this morning that I haven't worn in months, and they aren't even the least tight! Granted, I don't know if that's because I'm actually smaller, or because we moved back in April and I kind of forgot that I owned them.... LOL. But it was a good feeling all the same! Much better than if I'd tried them on and they HADN'T fit.

Happy almost Friday, everyone!

WOOHOO on the pants!!

I love writing! I do it during my lunch break at work and at home after work. I also consider Disney trip planning a hobby :earsboy: I'll plan trips that I won't have the money to take for years! But it keeps me going from one trip to the next.

Glad you find the time to WRITE if you enjoy it! I stopped planning "fantasy" vacations because it was getting too depressed. But that doesn't stop me from having just a little spot in my brain that constantly dreams of seeing every Disney park on the planet!

Call for July Coaches!

I am going to start the new thread for July soon so that it is ready for the start of the month. Since we seem to have an active group at the moment, I think it would be nice to continue with the daily Question of the Day. However, I can't commit to doing that for a full month myself! So, in the past we used to have coaches that would help out the hostess (that would be me) for one week at a time. I hope we will find some volunteers! Don't be shy, even if you are new to this. Coaching is easy, just post a new question every weekday and one for the weekend. There is a thread with archived qotds which you can have a look at to get an idea of what kind of questions to use, but it is really up to the coach, what they want to post. I think it is a great opportunity to get some discussion on topics that are important to you at the moment, even to get ideas and tips on how to deal with your current issues.

So, the coaching schedule for July will be:

Wednesday July 1 - Sunday July 5
Monday July 6 - Sunday July 12
Monday July 13 - Sunday July 19
Monday July 20 - Sunday July 26
Monday July 27 - Friday July 31

Just let me know (here on the thread or via conversation) if you would be willing to take over one of these periods and which ones would be best for you!

I a looking forward to having lots of enthusiastic coaches taking part in July!!

I pray that we have LOTS of response to this!

Checking in . . . I live in the Vegas area and I work 5:00am - 1:00pm
I am now walking for 50 mins. 3-4 times a week at an indoor track for FREE!
Not my ideal but its close to home and I am getting my fitness in!!
Thanks to all of you . . . love the inspiration on this board!

Great that you found an indoor spot to use for free! I can only imagine that walking outside in Vegas in the summer must be a nightmare. We were there in the summer of 2005 and there were heat warnings the day we arrived and the next day when we visited the Hoover Dam.... predicted to be 114° that day. It was like being a tourist in a bread oven!

Love it. I will have to read through the thread some night. Perhaps tonight later. I have unexpected time off this morning but got a few things to get done. Not to mention now that they know my client is not home they may find me someplace to fill in. LOL If its close I might do it. Keep losing 4 hours a shift a time. Second client to go to hospital this week. Nature of the job I know. I'm going to have to start looking more for full time work at one location. My car is being funny(not so funny, but acting up) so I don't wanna go far and I'm so fearful it will break down each time I go out. And in 110-115 temps we've been having daily its not good timing at all.

My weight is back about 6 lbs from my mini goal of breaking out of the 300s for good. I was just under it a few weeks ago. But eating hasn't been great and I keep missing walks. So hoping I can get in and start the gym tomorrow. I need this for myself. Just hate to get into the commitment of cost. They expect you to stay a year at least. By out is $58 I think so not horribly much. But I may do it anyway. The other one is closer and has pool/hot tub though. However they have higher start up though my friend told me she refused when they gave start up and they waived it off. lol I may go to that one if they would do that for me too. hehe I love having pool and hot tub available.

Sorry your work hours keep dwindling. I am supposed to work part time this summer (school ended for me last week), but despite PROMISING me hours (and telling me that there would be hours for DS as well) I haven't been called yet. Praying to the car fairies for you!!

Crocheting and reading, mostly. I also love going to baseball games.
And I'll jump on the Disney planning/TR writing hobby bandwagon too.

Do you write TR here on the Dis?

Caught up to here................P

Things have been very hectic the last couple of weeks, so pretty sure I'm not going to make my June goal for walking. Have done about 120 minutes so far. (Goal was 200, I think?) I've not spent much time just sitting or anything, but not the time I meant to just dedicated to walking either. With two small kids, I'm thinking next month may be better to find a high intensity thing to do in shorter stretches.
BUT, I did join Weight Watchers again. I did this after having my oldest and did very well on it. After the first week, I've lost 5 lbs so I'm on my way!
Great! Good start!

This is our NEXT TO LAST Friday QOTD for the month! It has FLOWN BY! QOTD for Friday, June 26, 2015.

OKay.... I'm officially an idiot! That was actually the LAST Friday QOTD for June!!!

My check-in for the week: down another 2lbs! Not as exciting as my 6lb loss last week, but I also didn't do much of anything exercise-wise this week, so I really can't complain. That puts me at 80% of my June goal. Definitely have to kick it in gear this weekend if I'm going to lose that last 2!

Don't tell DH2B that smoking burns calories - I'm trying to get him to quit, but he also needs to lose weight, too! The dilemma. :rotfl: Some of those facts sound like more trouble than they're worth, lol. I did get a good giggle picture people hugging for an hour, though. I just envisioned 2 people with their arms wrapped around each other, but still trying to get stuff done around the house. Also, that missing a night of sleep thing... I'm not sure that staying up 24 hours straight is worth 161 calories! I'd much rather just eat less that day and sleep more. Granted I know that's not a recommendation list by any means!

I don't do anything intentionally weird to burn calories, but I do some of the things on that list!

We don't really have any fun plans for the summer! All of our plans are "things we have to get done before the wedding" plans... I've got another shower in July thrown by my maid of honor, though, so we'll count that!

Wedding planning is definitely LIFE CONSUMING! I remember not knowing what to do with myself after we were married and moved. I think that is probably why I gained about 30 pounds that first summer (after working over a year to get married at my goal weight :headache: ). I had NO PLAN of how to stay on my "journey" after the wedding.... my entire LIFE was just aimed at May 17, 1992..... I never even THOUGHT about what real life might be like after that (other than being happily married). And very shortly after we were married (and moved away from family and friends) DH's job transferred him to a terrible shift..... Tues-Friday 3pm - ??? (usually 1-2 am) and Saturdays 9-6. He was exhausted on Sundays, so we didn't do much and this was right after I had taken an 8-5 pm M-F job, so we couldn't do anything together on Mondays either. I was bored and lonely.... and I ate. I went from 140 on my wedding day to about 185 on my first anniversary. :sad1: I know you know better, but please be SURE you have a PLAN in place for staying on your healthy journey AFTER the excitement of the wedding and honeymoon!!

Okay....yes...Disney planning has been pretty constant since last November. But....there is always another trip to plan! I also enjoy cruise planning...you can find some really good deals online. But I have to say...I'm always looking at food options for all my trips. It is an obsession!

I hate finding deals online because I know I cannot take advantage of them!:rolleyes:

My check in for the week...such as it is. I did not join the gym. My back is out and I don't want to start until that is under control. It's been out for about a month and it is very discouraging. I periodically have back issues....overdid cleaning out my barn...heavy lifting bins and such. The good news is that I have one week left of radiation treatment! Yeah! So then I can focus on my back. Just too much driving to add the chiropractor into the mix....but believe me...I'm getting close. Okay..Weight...this is pretty discouraging too....but I'm keeping on my happy face. Lost 1.5 pounds....gained 1.3. So I'm up 2 ounces (loss for week). LOL! I did overdo on almond butter and graham crackers. So...back to carefully planning my snacks. Got to switch back to rice cakes....less calories. Things I learned this week: "Just like sugar." Apparently this an all natural sweetener made from chickory root and orange peels. I'm going to try it. The artificial sweeteners are just not healthy. Don't eat too many graham crackers....but they taste so good! Those tiny little portions of frozen weight watchers dinners are just too small. They add extra calories by using sauces which reduces the actual amount of food. I'd rather eat fresh veges, bigger portions, than add high calorie sauces. Drink more water! Always hard to do....but it does fill you up more. So...goal for next week: Finish radiation. Go see chiropractor. Start walking to the mail box. I have knee issues too, so I'm on my second shot of ortho visc for that issue. My god.....I guess I have a lot going on....must be why I ate those extra grahams! LOL! Everyone have a great weekend!

SO many wise words..... you are learning so much! ANd congrats on just ONE WEEK of radiation left!! :yay:

Sometimes if I am desperate and I pull out a WW frozen/Smart Ones meal, I will bulk it up with a bunch of veggies. I don't love the Smart Ones.... they are too full of sodium and,like you said, too small in portions.... but since I work for the company I frequently get high value coupons and hate to pass them up. So I throw a few in my freezer for emergencies.

Hope your chiro helps a lot!

Accomplished today: just now: Cleaned out my freezer. Got rid of everything that was lost in there! Kept: 2 frozen zucchini breads (for company) LOL! Kept: two baggies of cinnamon raisin bread for bread pudding (Holiday Treat). I am working on switching all my plastic to glass or other non BPA containers. It is an arduous process. Going to get my knees shot up! I'm off....TaTa!

Good for you! I am trying hard to move on to all glass as well (or at least MOSTLY glass).... but it is HEAVY! If I bring a large glass container to work with my lunch, plus a mason jar with my breakfast smoothie or yogurt, plus a water bottle.... I SWEAR my work bag weighs 15 pounds!! That definitely does NOT help my shoulder issues!

I vowed about 2-3 years ago to NEVER buy plastic containers again (like Tupperware or Rubbermaid) but they just keep showing up here! I save anything re-useable (like yogurt containers) and they just seem to keep piling up!

Checking in. I'm down another lb so that's 90% of my goal. So happy. I've been wanting a fitbit to help me and yesterday DH surprised me with one :love:.

I know how you feel. We go in Nov this yr. I stare at the menus like they are evil. Lol. DH jokes and says just walk it off. Have a wonderful Disneymoon!

WOOOHOO!!

I have all my favorite desserts, at each and every restaurant written down on a list with price and location. I will be bringing this list with me every day. But until then, November, I am battening down the hatches! I'm eating a kale salad with carrots, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, banana rings and 1 oz. of chicken for lunch. It's a little tough chewing the kale....lol! This is what I call a planned cheat. And....boy am I planning!

Buy baby kale.... much easier to chew.... less fiberous. I found a GREAT greens mix at Costco called POWER GREENS. It is made by Earthbound Organics and it is baby kale, baby spinach, and baby chard..... so yummy and delicious!

I pace while I'm on the phone. I can't manage to stay still while talking on the phone, so I use that time to get in some extra steps!

I usually clean while I am on the phone.... I wipe down cabinets and counters, or I sort mail or I go outside and pull weeds! My Mom always asks what I am doing while I talk because she knows I'm not sitting still!

My check-in: After a rough week of overeating, I'm up again (but still down for the month) ... I'm at 12% now. I need to get my eating under control ... but I'm trying not to stress out about it too much, because that just makes me eat more!

Good for you for realizing it!

I love to read , I can often forget everything and totally get wrapped up in a different world. A good book is a treat !!!

I could use a good beach book for next week..... any suggestions???

Updating my check-in from yesterday - I did it!!! Weighed in this morning down another 2lbs!! That's 10lbs down and 100% of my goal for June!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!

Down one pound from yesterday! I think it was the Kale Salad I ate. Kale, sunflower seeds, tomatoes and banana rings topped with balsamic vinegar and one packet of Truvia. (Switching to "just like sugar") This morning I'm eating Scottish Oatmeal with 1 tbsp. walnuts and 1 tbsp. hemp and flax seed with 1/2 banana. I'm drinking one large glass of water w lemon and 1 cup of tea with almond milk. I hope everyone has a great food weekend!

Sounds delish!!

Well after 27 days of being very aware of my goals I lost more than I thought...I am very happy and feeling grateful to this thread as it makes me feel like Im not the only one with crazy food thoughts and issues. I have pushed myself to walk 500 extra steps each day from the previous day and I did it every day but one. I know the neighbors must think Im crazy cause 2 nights at 9pm I was just walking up and down the street....The minute the steps got to 500 extra I bee-lined it for my house...no marathon runner here!!! I also challenged myself to use no added salt this week ( I use way to much salt) and it was very difficult but may have helped the ankles. I am feeling focused and confident and just need to be happy while Im in this place cause I know there are so many temptations lurking around the weekends!!!! Best of luck to everyone. I have had weight issues my entire life and wish I could finally learn from my mistakes...losing feels so much better than gaining, and believe me at 4 feet 11 inches it doesn't take many pieces of cake to change my entire look!!! :rotfl:
Thanks so much for the great conversations and support in the June Jiminy Challenge :tigger::donald:

I am SO HAPPY you found us and that you were able to find some support along this journey! We were glad you were here! Congrats on making REAL progress!

Keeping walking girlfriend! I'm not there yet....no exercise for me...at all. I have a knee thing going on and am getting my shots...but today...I'm going to go for a little walk to the mailbox. Every step counts! And...you are definitely not alone! I am constantly thinking about food...when is my next meal...my next snack....what time is it! I tell myself "just sit with the hunger, get up and go do something." It never ends. So you have friends here for sure! Stay strong over the weekend. I'm with you!

Find something to distract you from that food talk in your head!

Have to report a non scale victory: meal planning for next week is done, I already have done the grocery shopping for it, too. And I have even included quite a few packed lunches. It is not a very inspired meal plan. But I have added one new dish. Hopefully I will find some time over the coming week to find some new meal ideas. And hopefully I will be able to stick to my plan!!!

Also: July is coming up! Think about whether you want to coach for a week!!! It really is not difficult and many people find that it really helps them to focus on their weight loss during that week!! I am still taking volunteers, so far NOBODY has signed up!!!

Remember, it doesn't all have to be "Martha Stewart" worthy! Just getting the planning done is 3/4 of the battle!!

Thanks so much for the encouragement...I love just "sitting with the hunger" I am going to use that. When I couldn't exercise because of a torn foot tendon I did chair exercises on you tube...very gentle but made me feel better. Hope soon you're able to walk past the mailbox..Good Luck
:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

Great advice!!

I'm excited to report that I'm down another lb. With that said I made my goal 100%:jumping1::jumping1::dancer:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

Just started watching this thread so I would remember to start and follow along for July but have to say that I saw the "banging the head against the wall for 150 calories" and realized that my kids really can be a great motivator for losing weight. :rotfl2:

Stick with it.... July is ALMOST HERE!!!! I'll be your moving buddy so that you don't miss the big moving day!!!

You've still got a few days to put a big push on to make your June goal!! Congrats on joining WW and BRAVO on the 5 pounds gone forever!!

PHEW! Caught up! The plan is to spend the day on yard work, but I'm still waiting for this morning's rain to dry up a bit! TTYL................P

This! I have already resolved myself to the fact that I will completely fall off the healthy eating wagon at the end of October. All that walking will completely counteract all that eating, right?? :goodvibes

Oh yeah...although there might have been one trip that I gained 5lbs...but that might have also been the trip that I was on the DDP and ate a cheesecake with every meal for 7 days :rotfl2:

After two weeks of struggling to break past the my plateau I finally lost a pound this past week! Which puts me at 50%. Not where I wanted to be at the end of the month but I'll take all the progress I can get.

Question......I am new to the boards, found this site, love it....oh yeah....here's the question....Will another thread be started for each month? I'm not sure how to find it, if this is the case. I am willing to post a daily question for a week in July, just let me know which week. And lastly...I saw someone mention that today is National camera day so here is a photo of my fridge! I'm moving into all glass containers, so this is a transition of what I've done so far! Have a great Monday everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 7
I had a good weekend. Ate some yummy kabobs on the grill: pineapple, green and red peppers, zucchini, purple onion and ham. It was a Polynesian Style Kabob! Ate yogurt with Blueberries and Kashi Crumble for dessert. I'm going to a lunch tomorrow with some former co-workers. I know there will be homemade desserts there. I have to gear up to say no. If I don't have a definite plan to avoid the dessert, I will eat it. So....Just Say No to Dessert! I'm going in strong! At one time I would dread going to any kind of cook-out or birthday party. It was just such an awful feeling and I wanted to avoid socializing because of it. I'm working on getting past this feeling by going in strong....and just eating what I can that is good for me. Then, when I leave, I know I'll feel so good!

I'd like to join. My June goal is to lose 10lb and either walk or use the exercise bike daily. I'm committing to journaling my food choices/calorie content and keeping the focus on whole foods.

I weighed in today with a loss of 9.6lb, so pretty close to what I hoped to reach for my June goal.

I was pretty consistent with walking and riding the exercise bike, but did miss some days. I tried to double up the following day/s when I missed.

I journaled my meals and approximate caloric intake and stayed in range each day. I struggle with binge-eating, so this is an accomplishment.

I haven't been as active in the thread as I had hoped, but do plan on checking in more often during July.

TODAY is NATIONAL CAMERA DAY!! Please share a picture! It can be a before-and-after picture of your weight loss progress, a favorite family vacation photo, a picture of your yummy breakfast, or even a picture of your fridge! But please find a way to LINK IT back to our healthy weight loss journey here!

Here is my unofficial finish selfie (because I don't have a finish line picture) from my first race (as an adult ... I ran a few as a kid). This was a big step in my healthy journey and training for this race was what got me to stick with running regularly!
10475837_736039983337_6606571467917505558_n.jpg

(And yes, it was a Disney race ... in case you couldn't tell from the Frozen theme)

Do you write TR here on the Dis?

I have one TR on here from my November trip (and a mini-TR from my February trip), and I'm writing a PTR for my next trip right now, and I'm planning to write a TR once I get back from that one in January. I'm still easing into the TR thing, so my first one wasn't great, but I'm learning!

Oh yeah...although there might have been one trip that I gained 5lbs...but that might have also been the trip that I was on the DDP and ate a cheesecake with every meal for 7 days :rotfl2:

Yeah ... that's why I'm glad the DDP makes no sense for us (we mostly bring our own food because we can't eat a lot of the food at Disney). I already eat too much when I have to pay for it out of pocket!

And lastly...I saw someone mention that today is National camera day so here is a photo of my fridge! I'm moving into all glass containers, so this is a transition of what I've done so far!

Your fridge is so neat and organized! I'm so jealous ... my fridge is a mess. Somehow, no matter how hard we try to get it organized, it doesn't stay that long for very long. Oh well.

It happens SO easily! I once gained 4 pounds during a 4 day trip! That was with a healthy OP breakfast in the room every morning, just ONE table service meal, and TONS and TONS of walking (like in excess of 10 miles every day!!). Not sure what those Mickey bars are made of, but my hips LOVE to hang onto it!

After two weeks of struggling to break past the my plateau I finally lost a pound this past week! Which puts me at 50%. Not where I wanted to be at the end of the month but I'll take all the progress I can get.

CELEBRATE the progress!!!

Question......I am new to the boards, found this site, love it....oh yeah....here's the question....Will another thread be started for each month? I'm not sure how to find it, if this is the case. I am willing to post a daily question for a week in July, just let me know which week. And lastly...I saw someone mention that today is National camera day so here is a photo of my fridge! I'm moving into all glass containers, so this is a transition of what I've done so far! Have a great Monday everyone!

Ummmm.... your fridge is waaaayyyy too neat! :P Makes me feel like a real slacker~! Yup, there will be a new thread for July! Flossbolna will be hosting and I know she will have it up and running soon. I'll pull you along if you get waylaid! I've already promised myself as a moving buddy, but three's company, right??!!

I had a good weekend. Ate some yummy kabobs on the grill: pineapple, green and red peppers, zucchini, purple onion and ham. It was a Polynesian Style Kabob! Ate yogurt with Blueberries and Kashi Crumble for dessert. I'm going to a lunch tomorrow with some former co-workers. I know there will be homemade desserts there. I have to gear up to say no. If I don't have a definite plan to avoid the dessert, I will eat it. So....Just Say No to Dessert! I'm going in strong! At one time I would dread going to any kind of cook-out or birthday party. It was just such an awful feeling and I wanted to avoid socializing because of it. I'm working on getting past this feeling by going in strong....and just eating what I can that is good for me. Then, when I leave, I know I'll feel so good!

Those kabobs sound outstanding! Mind if I steal the idea for our July 4th weekend???

Come back and celebrate that victorious feeling after saying NO to the desserts! We would love to celebrate with you!!

I weighed in today with a loss of 9.6lb, so pretty close to what I hoped to reach for my June goal.

I was pretty consistent with walking and riding the exercise bike, but did miss some days. I tried to double up the following day/s when I missed.

I journaled my meals and approximate caloric intake and stayed in range each day. I struggle with binge-eating, so this is an accomplishment.

I haven't been as active in the thread as I had hoped, but do plan on checking in more often during July.

Doing GREAT this month!! Can't wait to get to know you better in July!

Here is my unofficial finish selfie (because I don't have a finish line picture) from my first race (as an adult ... I ran a few as a kid). This was a big step in my healthy journey and training for this race was what got me to stick with running regularly!

(And yes, it was a Disney race ... in case you couldn't tell from the Frozen theme)

Congrats on that race and GREAT picture!!:thumbsup2

I have one TR on here from my November trip (and a mini-TR from my February trip), and I'm writing a PTR for my next trip right now, and I'm planning to write a TR once I get back from that one in January. I'm still easing into the TR thing, so my first one wasn't great, but I'm learning!

Good for you. I tried writing one once..... I'm a terrible writer. So now I just stick to basic journaling for the scrapbook.

Yeah ... that's why I'm glad the DDP makes no sense for us (we mostly bring our own food because we can't eat a lot of the food at Disney). I already eat too much when I have to pay for it out of pocket!

The DDP wouldn't work for us either. I love Disney and I do love good food..... but I do not go to Disney for the food and in fact I have eaten at VERY FEW of the table service restaurants. My time at Disney is really precious and I hate being tied up for hours in a restaurant. Nothing against folks who do..... I know people who plan their entire itinerary on WHERE they can get a reservation for dinner that day. Fine for them (and keeps them out of the ride lines longer!!:cool1:), but that just isn't the thing for me.

Your fridge is so neat and organized! I'm so jealous ... my fridge is a mess. Somehow, no matter how hard we try to get it organized, it doesn't stay that long for very long. Oh well.

I consider myself an organized person, but the fridge is a struggle. It seems like something is always leaking or dripping or spilling. I'm with you on the "oh well"

Caught up! Weeded for about two hours, came in and sauteed mushrooms for dinner and warmed up some leftovers for lunch. Got a few bites left and then I will head back out to the yard. TTYL................P

Hello and welcome! :flower1: Great goal.... what's the plan???:confused3

Hi sorry I didn't get back sooner with my plan!! I have been walking 2x a week and sticking to my eating plan. I have accomplished both. I also had to pack up my 2 classrooms and my small office.That was a lot of exercise in a couple of days!!!! I have a doctors appt next Monday so I will know if I met my 5 lb goal. I don't keep a scale at home, so I only weigh myself at the drs.

Good morning fellow waiste watchers! Had a good night. I'm back to eating my sugar free jello puddings with fat free whipped cream for dessert at night. This works out well. I don't feel like I'm depriving myself this way. I ate homemade pizza for dinner. One flat bread, thin, like a wafer almost, sprinkled with onion, green peppers, 1/2 spicy sausage link with a little red sauce and low fat mozzarella cheese. It was delicious. Today I go to my lunch with friends and desserts! I am feeling strong. No dessert for me, no matter what. It's my personal challenge of the day! Good luck to everyone today. Be strong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter