Jiminy's June 2015 W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge!! Any and All welcome to join!!

Hello all!
I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down another 1 lb since Friday, which puts me down 1.5 lb for the week, or 38% of my goal. It's a little disappointing not to reach my goal, but I know I had a rough month, and some loss is better than nothing!

Good morning, friends! Happy last day of June! I can't believe how quickly it went by... I'm ready for some wonderful fall weather (it's hot and muggy here again already and it's only 7:45am!) but I'd be ok with things slowing down juuussstttt a little.

@Flossbolna, is there a thread for July yet? I haven't had a chance to check so forgive me if you've already got it up and running! If you still need some help, sign me up for a week! Just preferably not the first one lol.

I will come back and post my picture for yesterday - I have to post it from my phone rather than the computer (I'm at work) and just didn't have a chance yesterday.

116 days, 22lbs to go! That'll put me at 190 for the wedding, and I think I will be happy with that. Anything over 22lbs lost between now and then (if anything) will just be the cherry on top! Trust me, there will still be lots to do afterward (I'm ultimately shooting for the 160-range, and that's 52lbs away :sad:) so I know I've got a very long way to go, but if I can just make some progress before the wedding, I can live with that.

I need to get back on track in July for sure. I didn't do any weights at all last week, and I only did about 45 minutes on the treadmill for the whole week. I still lost a little, but I know that I could've done more if I'd been more diligent, and I know that I definitely won't keep losing if I stop exercising altogether. I didn't wake up in time to hit the treadmill this morning but I'm hoping that I can get in some weights tonight for sure. Our house is still a wreck from moving in (it's a substantially smaller house than the last one we were in, so despite paring down quite a bit in the move, we still have more STUFF than we have places for... money's way tight so we haven't been able to do as much as we'd like by this point) and my MOH is hosting a wedding shower at my house (since she lives in STL and I'm in Memphis) on July 18, so every waking moment between now and then is being spent getting ready for that and making the house look like we don't live in cardboard boxes... Exercising has unfortunately fallen by the wayside. I've got to find a better daily schedule so I can fit everything in and still make progress on the house and still get a decent amount of sleep. Sigh.

On an exciting note, we're going swimming at a family member's house this Friday, so I had to go buy a swimsuit last night... I haven't been swimming since the last time I went to Disney World (2012) partly because we don't have easy access to a pool, but mainly because it'd require a swimsuit... Well, the exciting part is that I actually found two that I really liked! :rotfl: I can't find clothes to wear to work but I can find a swimsuit, because life is cruel like that LOL. But I could really see some difference (albeit slight) in my arms and belly. It was definitely an exciting end to a Monday!

Morning all! Welcome to your LAST QOTD for June!!!!

QOTD for Tuesday, June 30, 2015:

Reflect on your PROGRESS for the month..... Are you happy with it? Unhappy? (And yes, you can be HAPPY with your progress even if you didn't achieve 100% of your goal!)

If you are
HAPPY with your progress, what plan is in place to CONTINUE the progress? NAME TWO THINGS on the plan!

If you are
UNHAPPY with your progress, what is going to CHANGE in July??? Name two CONCRETE things you will CHANGE to have a more successful July!!

And follow up question......
have you decided on your goal for July yet???

Hi sorry I didn't get back sooner with my plan!! I have been walking 2x a week and sticking to my eating plan. I have accomplished both. I also had to pack up my 2 classrooms and my small office.That was a lot of exercise in a couple of days!!!! I have a doctors appt next Monday so I will know if I met my 5 lb goal. I don't keep a scale at home, so I only weigh myself at the drs.

Fingers crossed that the Monday weigh-in makes you smile!!

Good morning fellow waiste watchers! Had a good night. I'm back to eating my sugar free jello puddings with fat free whipped cream for dessert at night. This works out well. I don't feel like I'm depriving myself this way. I ate homemade pizza for dinner. One flat bread, thin, like a wafer almost, sprinkled with onion, green peppers, 1/2 spicy sausage link with a little red sauce and low fat mozzarella cheese. It was delicious. Today I go to my lunch with friends and desserts! I am feeling strong. No dessert for me, no matter what. It's my personal challenge of the day! Good luck to everyone today. Be strong!

You can do it!! Order a nice cup of tea when the friends are enjoying dessert!

Hello all!
I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down another 1 lb since Friday, which puts me down 1.5 lb for the week, or 38% of my goal. It's a little disappointing not to reach my goal, but I know I had a rough month, and some loss is better than nothing!

You didn't quit and that is a HUGE accomplishment, right??!!

Good morning, friends! Happy last day of June! I can't believe how quickly it went by... I'm ready for some wonderful fall weather (it's hot and muggy here again already and it's only 7:45am!) but I'd be ok with things slowing down juuussstttt a little.

@Flossbolna, is there a thread for July yet? I haven't had a chance to check so forgive me if you've already got it up and running! If you still need some help, sign me up for a week! Just preferably not the first one lol.

I will come back and post my picture for yesterday - I have to post it from my phone rather than the computer (I'm at work) and just didn't have a chance yesterday.

116 days, 22lbs to go! That'll put me at 190 for the wedding, and I think I will be happy with that. Anything over 22lbs lost between now and then (if anything) will just be the cherry on top! Trust me, there will still be lots to do afterward (I'm ultimately shooting for the 160-range, and that's 52lbs away :sad:) so I know I've got a very long way to go, but if I can just make some progress before the wedding, I can live with that.

You can DEFINITELY do 22 pounds in 116 days!! That is about 1.37 lb per week..... SO DO-ABLE!!! I'll go out on a limb and say you could probably do 30 pounds without too much of a struggle. But it would require exercise and watching your food every day..... no cheats, no extra "tastes", no little "nibbles"!! Go for it!

I need to get back on track in July for sure. I didn't do any weights at all last week, and I only did about 45 minutes on the treadmill for the whole week. I still lost a little, but I know that I could've done more if I'd been more diligent, and I know that I definitely won't keep losing if I stop exercising altogether. I didn't wake up in time to hit the treadmill this morning but I'm hoping that I can get in some weights tonight for sure. Our house is still a wreck from moving in (it's a substantially smaller house than the last one we were in, so despite paring down quite a bit in the move, we still have more STUFF than we have places for... money's way tight so we haven't been able to do as much as we'd like by this point) and my MOH is hosting a wedding shower at my house (since she lives in STL and I'm in Memphis) on July 18, so every waking moment between now and then is being spent getting ready for that and making the house look like we don't live in cardboard boxes... Exercising has unfortunately fallen by the wayside. I've got to find a better daily schedule so I can fit everything in and still make progress on the house and still get a decent amount of sleep. Sigh.

On an exciting note, we're going swimming at a family member's house this Friday, so I had to go buy a swimsuit last night... I haven't been swimming since the last time I went to Disney World (2012) partly because we don't have easy access to a pool, but mainly because it'd require a swimsuit... Well, the exciting part is that I actually found two that I really liked! :rotfl: I can't find clothes to wear to work but I can find a swimsuit, because life is cruel like that LOL. But I could really see some difference (albeit slight) in my arms and belly. It was definitely an exciting end to a Monday!

SWIMSUIT SHOPPING....?? And you are still SMILING?? WTG!!!!

Caught up!

Morning all! I cannot believe this is the last day of June! I'll wait until NOON (my time) today to post this week's results and the FINAL results for the month. I'll go out on a limb and admit to a total FLATLINE for my progress for June. Something needs to change and it will in July, come hell or high water.

Off to get some yard work done before prepping for work tonight! TTYL.........................P

New thread will be posted later today! I will post a link here! And thank you for signing up to coach for a week! You are the first one to do so!!!

Just a quick post to let everyone know that the new thread for July will be started later today and I will post a link here!

So far I have only one volunteer for coaching!! There is still time to sign up for a week! Give it a thought and let me know if you want to join in the fun of coaching!!

ThistleMae ~ Great job! If you like chocolate for dessert I found the Good Humor Sugar Free Fudgicles are only ONE point on WW and they satisfy my chocolate ice cream fix!!
I know what a challenge desserts can be!! I am always looking for creative low fat recipes. I don't usually do Sugar Free but I can't find Fudgicles that are low fat but NOT sugar free??
I made Quiche last night and it turned out great . . . I usually have a problem with the crust being soggy but last night it was perfect!

Just a quick post to let everyone know that the new thread for July will be started later today and I will post a link here!

So far I have only one volunteer for coaching!! There is still time to sign up for a week! Give it a thought and let me know if you want to join in the fun of coaching!!

I would love to help with Coaching but July is not the right time for me.
I will chime in when I am able with words of encouragement but maybe I can claim a week in August.

Reflect on your PROGRESS for the month..... Are you happy with it? Unhappy? (And yes, you can be HAPPY with your progress even if you didn't achieve 100% of your goal!)

If you are
HAPPY with your progress, what plan is in place to CONTINUE the progress? NAME TWO THINGS on the plan!

If you are
UNHAPPY with your progress, what is going to CHANGE in July??? Name two CONCRETE things you will CHANGE to have a more successful July!!

I'm happy and unhappy with my progress. Happy that I lost weight this month but unhappy that I didn't lose as much as I would have wanted. But I'm also glad that I didn't gain weight this month. It's all about the little victories. Next month I plan on dropping down my calories on MFP from 1770 (1lb weight loss per week) to 1570 (1.5 poud weight loss per week). I'm also going to try and do 3 days of cardio and 2 days of strength training each week. I need to start taking my workouts seriously!

Edit: And my goal for July is to lose 5 pounds!

I'm happy with my progress for June. June 1st thru 7th, I had a grand total of 41,378 steps (averaging just under 6,000 per day). So, when I joined this challenge on June 8th, I set my goal of 272,000 steps for the month (accepting the steps I had for the first week and committing to an average of 10k steps per day going forward from there). Not yet counting today, I have a total of 290,755, so by the end of today, I should be at about 110% of my goal.

I am setting two goals for next month:
1) Walk for an average of 10,500 steps per day for a total of, at least, 325,500 steps for the entire month.
2) Drink an average of 88 oz of water per day for a total of, at least, 2,728 oz for the entire month.

I also began following the South Beach diet plan (phase 1) on Sunday, June 28. This is not part of my "official" goals but, I'd like y'all to hold me to staying on the plan for the entire month. If I'm faithful to the plan, phase 1 will be completed on Saturday, July 11 and I'll begin phase 2 that Sunday. I like this plan and I've had some good weight loss in the past but... I haven't stuck with it beyond a few weeks at a time. I'm hoping that, by reporting back to y'all each day/week, I'll keep myself on plan and moving forward.

pjlla, I will submit my final June step count results first thing in the morning. Thanks for hosting this month!

I haven't posted in here for a while...I was so frustrated after Father's Day weekend and just didn't want to post! I had lost another lb. (so was at 60% of goal) as of that Friday morning...then the in-laws came in town for Hubby's birthday and Father's Day. We ate out 3 meals, added in breakfast donuts for Hubby's birthday and cake that night, and had a huge grilled lunch for Father's Day. And of course every meal we ate out I had my Dr. Pepper. By the time everyone left on Monday, I had gained back the whole 3 lbs. I lost the first 2/3 of the month!!! SO discouraging. I've since then lost 2 of them again, for a month-end finish at 40% of goal. The good news is I've averaged 13,000 steps a day for the past week, with some of those steps being at least 30 minutes of cardio each day. So I'm prepped for a good July, lol! Just NO full cheat weekends anymore!!!

If you are

If you are

On the one hand, I'm happy, because I did lose some weight. Usually when I come back to focusing on my weight after a few months of focusing on other things, I gain weight that first month. So I'm definitely happy to be up.
On the other hand, I wanted to be down a little more. I am disappointed that I didn't reach my goal, especially because I know bad choices did contribute to it somewhat.

So I'm going to answer both questions.

2 things on my plan to continue:
1 - Keep running! I think my running has really helped me develop a routine and keep up with exercise even when I get distracted by other things
2 - Meal plan and stick to it - the weeks I do better are the weeks when I stick to my meal plans and eat well!

2 things to change:
1 - Spend more time upstairs. I spend most of my day at home, and since I like having the TV as background noise, I'm usually downstairs, not far from the ktichen. But we just put in cable upstairs, so I want to spend more of my time upstairs in front of that TV ... farther from the food.
2 - Keep up with the fruits and veggies - I always say that I'll eat more fruits & veggies, and I don't stick to it. I want to make a more concrete plan for fruits and veggies and actually stick to it in July!

I haven't decided on my July goal yet ... I want to see my AM weigh-in before I make a final decision on that.

TODAY is NATIONAL CAMERA DAY!! Please share a picture! It can be a before-and-after picture of your weight loss progress, a favorite family vacation photo, a picture of your yummy breakfast, or even a picture of your fridge! But please find a way to LINK IT back to our healthy weight loss journey here!

OK! Here's yesterday's QOTD response. This picture is circa November 2011, I think? Definitely toward the end of 2011. Anyway. I don't know for sure, but I think I was around 185lbs in this picture, which is not far off from the goal I'm trying to hit before the end of this October. This is the goal picture I mentioned in a QOTD from the other day. Please forgive the cell phone mirror picture LOL!

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 8.48.13 PM.png

If you are

If you are

I am happy with my progress, but I'm really going to have to work to make sure I don't use my June progress as an excuse to lose control! I'm so proud of myself for losing my 10lbs in June. I think that, if I hadn't made any progress this month, I would just give up. Honestly. I would be so discouraged and stressed that I'd just quit. So I'm thrilled to know that losing the weight is possible!

My plan to continue the progress:
1) Keep on my low carb/high protein routine. I really think that this method is making a big difference for me - even if it's not the sole cause of the weight loss, it sure does make me feel better overall.
2) Really focus on upping the exercise. I'm curious as to what progress I could've made if I had done the treadmill and weights like I had intended for June.

Goals that I will measure for July:
1) Eating - I want to continue my low carb/high protein routine, and limit my splurging to one meal a week. In June, we still ate out way too much for my liking. Don't get me wrong, we did a LOT better about it, but I want to keep pulling that amount down.
2) Exercise - Walk dedicatedly, either on the treadmill or around the block, 90 minutes a week.

Goal that I will watch closely but not measure as a July goal:
1) Lose another 10lbs. I'm definitely going to try to do it again, but I don't want that to be how I measure my success this time around. If I don't hit 10lbs, I don't want to be discouraged because my body isn't responding how I think it should.

May I present to you:

Simba's Summer (July) 2015 W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge!! Any and All welcome to join!!

I liked the character alliteration we had this month, but the only other Disney character starting with a J I could think of was Jafar and I am not sure he would make such a great mascot for our threads!!

I will post the first QOTD tomorrow morning!

@JacknSally I put you in for starting to coach on Monday, July 5. Is that ok, or do you want a later week?

@Flossbolna ack that's so soon! Haha. Could I possibly do the week starting the 19th? June was my first time doing this, so I don't know that I'm ready to coach next week! I would do the week after, but my bridesmaids are coming in town the 16th-19th and I don't want to end up being too busy to coach those days.

I'm really looking forward to doing this again with all of you in July! Tomorrow starts a completely clean slate :) Get excited, everyone!

@Flossbolna ack that's so soon! Haha. Could I possibly do the week starting the 19th? June was my first time doing this, so I don't know that I'm ready to coach next week! I would do the week after, but my bridesmaids are coming in town the 16th-19th and I don't want to end up being too busy to coach those days.

No worries! I changed your spot already!

Love your picture! You look great!

drumroll-please.jpg

Here are the FINAL RESULTS FOR THE Jiminy's JUNE 2015 CHALLENGE!!! (BTW, it is NOT too late to get updated ..... just shoot me a PM!)

(If you are bolded with a 0% that means you at least reported in results at some point during the month. Not bolded with no number.... that means I haven't heard from you or I missed a post/PM. PLEASE Let me know if I missed you!!)

5xdisneyfans

alexle2007

bababear_50

bamacmac

bearybubba 25% (**NOT SURE OF THE PERCENTAGE OF CHANGE)

belle0101 50%

bigdave10000

bigsis1970

Candy1971

cluvesdisney

Colleen27

Connie96 113%

cosmocricket

Dawnlight 96%

dsnyfn1022 50%

Ellie Badge 77.5%

EvieBug 66%

finny1981 22%

Flossbolna

goofy4prez

HockeyMomNH

hpfan100 28%

JacknSally 100%

JennysSeven 40%

jimmduck

Keithsmomma 100%

KelliLee702

knkmom

luvpoohandcompany 0%

Minnie-Mickey

natashag76 20%

OhMari

OhMom

pjlla 0%

PtownGirls 33% (** still waiting for a PM with updated percentage.)

Rose&Mike 41%

SarahDisney 38%

Statefan17 40%

stenickar

tooh8ful

Trith

vitfamily

Zoesmama03

Last edited:

I'd love to coach a week...just not sure what's involved. I cannot do the week of July 27th. Otherwise I'm good. Send me an email with details of my coaching duties and what week you want me to do. Thanks.

I'd love to coach a week...just not sure what's involved. I cannot do the week of July 27th. Otherwise I'm good. Send me an email with details of my coaching duties and what week you want me to do. Thanks.

Not sure Flossbolna will see this here, since the July thread is officially up and running. Be sure to PM her or post your offer over there. I'm sure she will appreciate it!...........P

I am ready for July but will need to catch up on posts from the week. There was a layoff where I work and the week was extremely stressful. I am hoping hoping to really kick up the exercise in July. My countdown to Disney is 90 days and I still have a long way to go weight wise.

Last edited:

Thanks for the offer! I still haven't seen you around on the July thread though! Please come over there!! I will send you a PM tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter