Jessi & Mike's PJ: 12/12/08 SBP ~OUR INVITATIONS **PICS** 11/12/08 Pg 8~

I love the cards... they are adorable. I may have to borrow that idea and make them for our 2DDs(we are having a VR) they will be are attendants.....very nice!!!!

Oh, I bet your DDs will be thrilled! If a bunch of grown women are going crazy over them I can just imagine a child's reaction! :goodvibes

Beautiful cards! Very Creative.

oh i love them! what a great idea!

Thank you so much!! It really means a lot to me that people like them! :cutie:

Wow! I love them! I may have to steal your idea now...:goodvibes

Thank you!! Steal away!! :woohoo:

Omg!! I love this idea! I've been looking online for bridesmaid cards but I think I'm going to make mine instead now that I've seen yours!! completely cute idea...genius :) *stealing* lol

Omg!! I love this idea! I've been looking online for bridesmaid cards but I think I'm going to make mine instead now that I've seen yours!! completely cute idea...genius :) *stealing* lol

Thanks so much!! :hug: That was the same problem I had!! I saw a bunch of generic "Will you be my Bridesmaid?" cards online, but they felt so impersonal to me. The only thing unique I ever found was a cookie package that asked them to be a bridesmaid. So, I just decided to make my own. :goodvibes

I went with Pammy, my Mom, my Aunt Debbie, Grandma, FMIL and Kat to my 3:30 appointment at David's Bridal. Everyone was kinda bored that day and I think somewhat curious as to what's going on with the wedding plans. :cutie:

Anyway, so we were greeted (if you'd call it that) by a lady sitting near the entrance. I told her that we had a 3:30 appointment and she shuffled around until she found my name. We all sat down at a table and they gave us catalogs to browse through. I found the two dresses I picked from their website and off to the fitting room! It was insanely crowded and hot in there! :crowded:

First problem came in with the fitting room for my BM (who's since dropped from the wedding). She's in a wheelchair and they didn't give us an accessible fitting room. :confused3 So, the saleswoman came back and brought us to the other side of fitting room area and gave us a bigger fitting room with a seat.

Then the saleswoman said that Pammy could use the original fitting room. Pammy was ticked and said to her that she's not walking across David's Bridal with a dress on. :rotfl: I don't blame her! So, the saleswoman found that the room next to ours was vacant so she used that.

Anyway, so the next problem was that the first dress that Kat was going to try on - they didn't have it in the color I wanted or even a color like it. So she had to try it on in brown. :headache: It just wasn't good.

So, we had Pammy try on the other style dress in the color that I wanted and I think it's PERFECT!! First picture are the models wearing the dress in the same color.

bmdress02.jpg

DSC01726c.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

I think she looks fabulous!! I hope she doesn't mind me putting her up on the Internet with her bra straps showing! :lmao:

I love the color - it's such a bright tropical blue and it's exactly what I wanted for our Under the Sea theme! Not sure if you could tell (I couldn't from the Internet picture) that the top is textured and it's just so pretty and delicate. The only thing I might do differently is have the skirt altered a bit so that it's a little shorter, maybe just below the knee.

Anyway, so after we decided on that dress - the saleswoman became really pushy. She handed me an order form and instructed me to fill it out. I told them when I made the appointment that we were just coming for sizes and that we'd order them later because Pammy is pregnant so we needed to do it sooner than we needed to. I read the order form and lo and behold in the fine print with no option for opt-out that they sell/share your information with other vendors. I politely handed the form back and said that I won't give my information since I don't need local DJs calling me since we're getting married in Florida and we left.

I mean - why should your information be sold if you're buying stuff from them?? Now I'm afraid to have them buy dresses from David's Bridal because they'll have to be ordered so they'll inevitably need their personal info. :headache: :headache: :headache: When Pammy bought her wedding dress from David's Bridal, she said she received so many phone calls from local vendors. I think that's awful!! :mad:

Afterwards, we all went to our favorite Mexican restaurant "Jose Tejas" and all had dinner together. It was nice to finally relax after that nightmare in David's Bridal. I already knew going in that David's Bridal is like a wedding factory but I just had such a bad feeling walking out of there even though I was in love with the dress. Any thoughts on what I should do? :sad2:

Wow, I never knew that David's did that. That's super sketchy... especially because there's no option to opt-out!

I do love the colors though, very under the sea/little mermaid. The "will you be" cards are super cute too... I wish I had thought of something cute to do instead of "so... wanna be my MOH?" heh.

I love the BM dress. I think its perfect for your theme.

For what its worth, I never got any calls after ordering my BM dresses at David's. I noted on the form I filled out I was having a destination wedding, perhaps that's why? Either way, its sad that they don't offer you the option to opt out. Good luck!

The cards you made are just so cute and sweet. Great idea & great job!

That's too bad about David's Bridal. Those dresses are great and will go perfectly with your theme (love the color, too)! I'm not sure what else you can do other than keep looking around. I'm sure there are lots of other beautiful BM dresses out there - and time is still on your side. I just thought of the Alfred Angelo collection - they have a whole Dream in Color and Color Separates collection for BM's that might have something similar???

Maybe everyone who orders from David's should put that they are having a destination wedding. Yup - we're travelling around the corner and up four blocks LOL!

:lmao: Well, I had to get your attention!!

I decided that I would just do a makeup trial with each vendor. I'm pretty picky about my makeup since I wear a full face of it everyday and I LOOOOVE makeup. I think it's so much fun! I admit that I'm a total makeup snob! :snooty: :rotfl:

Anyway, I've never had a good experience at a MAC Counter or anyone else doing my makeup. So, I pretty much decided that I'd save money on not getting my hair trial done because whoever is talented enough to make me happy with makeup could probably do my hair. :rotfl:

Onto the match!!! :stir:

Lisa's Magical Weddings

Lisa is a very, very sweet lady. I liked her very much upon meeting her. She's warm, inviting and very pleasant to talk to. I was very specific about what I want and what I don't want. The main thing I stressed is that I do not, and I mean do not like to wear brown makeup. I know which shades of brown work for me - but I do prefer pinks, plums and mauves. I like makeup with a little bit of shimmer to it.

So, she seemed to understand and off to work she went!

I was horrified when I looked in the mirror. :scared1: Brown eyeshadow, brown eyeliner UNDER MY EYES, a muddy blush and lipgloss. I actually wiped most of the lipgloss off before the pictures but you can kinda see I wasn't very pleased. Excuse the hair, it was very humid.

I added links below the images if you want to see high resolution versions of my pores. :lmao:

DSC01592.jpg

High Resolution Version

DSC01596.jpg

High Resolution Version

DSC01597.jpg

High Resolution Version

DSC01594.jpg

High Resolution Version

Suffice to say, I washed my face after she took those pictures. I wear Bare Escentuals foundation and I just felt so heavy and gross. I was pretty convinced I would be doing my own makeup.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm being harsh towards Lisa - and I really don't mean to be so negative, but I just felt like we weren't on the same page with what I expressed to her. She's a very sweet lady. My BMs think that it's not as bad as I think but it just doesn't have that "glow" as I expected.

Ana from Beaute Speciale

Ana was much younger than I expected for some reason. :cutie: She had really nice makeup on and she was really interested in what kind of makeup I normally wear. She even seemed pleasantly surprised that I was so well-versed in MAC Cosmetics! :laughing:

She asked me a bunch of questions such as, "Do you normally wear eyeliner under your eyes?" NOPE! She asked me to show her what makeup I normally wear, so I whipped out my travel case. She was honest with me and said that certain pinks don't show up so well in photography but she could work with mauves and shimmer. I couldn't wait to get started!! :woohoo:

When I looked in the mirror I was in love!! :lovestruc It looks like a lot of makeup in the indoor pictures, but the outdoor pictures I took looked fabulous!! I was so excited!!! :hug:

The high resolution pictures look pretty cool with the false eyelashes. :thumbsup2

DSC01686.jpg

High Resolution Version

DSC01682.jpg

High Resolution Version

DSC01683.jpg

High Resolution Version

DSC01690.jpg

High Resolution Version

DSC01692.jpg

High Resolution Version

DSC01693.jpg

High Resolution Version

I was really having a bad skin day - so my skin was super oily and broke out like crazy. I was stupid and put regular sunscreen on my face that week so I broke out. I might ask her to blot a little more around my t-zone just to keep the shine to a minimum. I know that with makeup for photography, you put more on than you normally wear because the flash could drown out all your color. I'm just so super excited about it! I booked Ana on the spot!!!

Here's a picture of me 2 hours later with Ana's makeup. It was 99% humidity that morning (as per the Weather Channel), we took the bus from CBR to MK and then the Monorail to the Polynesian for breakfast. Here's how I looked albeit shiny!

DSC01699.jpg

High Resolution Version

I think just a little less blush and a little extra setting powder for the excess oil and I'm set for the wedding day. I can't wait to be glamorous! princess:

Oh my god, I really like Ana's makeup. I wear makeup everyday (light though for day and a little more around the eyes for weekend). I use Bare Ecsentials for face makeup, and MAC and clinique for eyes.

So basically I like to be a little more 'done' on my wedding day and I agree I like Ana's more. I booked her for my engagement shoot so I could try her at one year out and I was possibly thinking of trying someone else at my planning (I was thinking Patricia Leguene(sp?) but I said if Ana is good I'm booking her on the spot for my wedding day! Actually I may just book her now!!!

Thanks for posting pictures!

ana's incredible. on my wedding day they said that they liked to make eyes "pop" and that's what they did!

did you go to the jose tejas that's in like totowa or the one in woodbridge? living in texas now, i think that place is so funny! i haven't been there in years!

davids sold my information, i had all sorts of stuff coming to me, which is really annoying.

I Have To Agree Ana Was Incredible I Used Her Also, My Makeup Was Great And Lasted All Night Even Through Me Sweating!!,
My Hair Came Out Awesome I Even Fell Asleep With It Done And Woke With It Still In Place!!
Ana Is The Best!!!!

Ana really is so talented. :lovestruc I really loved the glamorous look she gave me. I think she really knows the MAC Cosmetic line well and it shows! :thumbsup2 I wound up purchasing the MAC lipgloss she used on me. I just love the colors!

Glad I was able to help you make a preliminary decision, mermaidbride1108! :cutie: I was kind of worried people might look at my pictures and think I was wearing too much makeup. :hug:

did you go to the jose tejas that's in like totowa or the one in woodbridge? living in texas now, i think that place is so funny! i haven't been there in years!

It's in Fairfield, near Totowa right after the Willowbrook Mall entrance on Rt. 46W. I bet the food is way better in Texas but I think Jose Tejas is the best we can get in NJ! :rotfl:

just reading through your pj. LOVE your BM cards :lovestruc what an amazing idea! Your makeup looks beautiful :goodvibes

Jessi -- I am so glad to see how beautiful your makeup looked. I have contacted Ana about mine and will do a trial in August or September when I am down there with a girlfriend. Your look is very much what I am hoping for. :love: You look very glamorous! THank you for sharing the pix! :hug:

I had makeup and hair tril with ana last week, i felt the make became very shiny quickly and my hair fell out really quickly so i'm worrried about my hair as i cant fly over any more beofre the wedding to have another trail

I love Anna's work! How much does she cost???

Here is the price list Beaute Speciale (Ana) e-mailed to me!

Pricing List

Hair Services:

$65 Hair
$50 Short Hair and for children under 12 years old

Make Up Services:
$50 Make Up

$75 for Airbrush Make-up.

$30 Eyes Only
$10 For Pair of Eye Lashes

Should you choose to use our make up services our artists will give you a touch up of powder for shine and a touch up for lipstick. All make up is water proof. We also provide a final seal face spray that sets the make up and makes everything water proof and sweat proof.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter