Jenn's Journal - It's a Low Carb Life

Tonight was fun - went out to a local bowling alley/bar/lounge for a coworker's going away party. Lots of the people I work with were there and it was a good time. I had three diet pepsi's (ick) and managed to stay away from all the munchies and the cake. It was a nice success. I was offered nachos, potato skins, cake, fries, you name it. And all I had was 3 diet pepsi's.

Now, on to the weekend!

Friday, August 5

breakfast: lc blueberry muffin

lunch: went out with a friend...had a turkey/bacon/avocado wrap in a lc tortilla and some melon. It was great!

dinner: pizza - just the tops for me. And some lc vanilla ice cream with raspberries.

Crazy week! Can't wait until I have time this weekend to really journal.

Hey, Jenn! It sounds like you are doing so great. Congratulations on avoiding all the bowling alley/bar/lounge junk food! That took a huge amount of willpower! :)

That definitely sounds like an awesome "cheat-free" night to me! I hope you'll stop by the thread when you get a chance. We miss your smiling face! ;)

Hi Jen!

Congrats on a good night last night!! Can't wait to hear about your crazy week!!! :goodvibes

Have a happy & healthy night!!
Mike :cool1:

Saturday, August 6

Nice day today!! I slept in and was only interrupted for drinks, snacks, helping go potty, etc 4-5 times. It was okay though. Then I talked to my dad and made plans for tomorrow...he has a 38 Carver and he and his fiancee are staying up on it this weekend. We're going to head up tomorrow and have a nice boat ride and picnic and such. None of us have really been up on the boat since before Mom's accident and I know DS will love it. Dad is looking to sell it so this will probably be the last summer we'll be able to enjoy his little water-cottage.

So after talking to Dad, DH and I decided to take DS up to Como Park Zoo. It was a lot of fun. We stopped and got McDonalds takeout for lunch - I had the new chicken club sandwich, grilled and no bun. Then at the zoo/park, the boys had snowcones and Nemo popsicles and I had a diet coke. I'm not into things made with juice, etc. so not tempting. Then on the way home, we stopped in Woodbury to shop and had dinner at Don Pablos. I got this new thing they have - carnitas - and ate them without the tortillas and rice. Basically I had shredded beef, avocado, some red onion, fresh cilantro, some salso, fresh lime juice, some tomato and a little salt. All mushed up. YUM!!! I am so going to make this at home with lc tortillas.

Truth be told, after such a lovely day today I would really rather stay home tomorrow and get some cleaning and relaxing done. But I know we'll have a lot of fun up on the Mississippi. All in all, today was a good day.

I'm going to head out now, get some lc ice cream, and do some trip planning reading. Then off to bed.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

OH! I can't believe I forgot to post this!!

I have officially now had my first "published" writing re: WDW as of yesterday! I don't know if any of you get the Passporter newsletter, but my article was in it - regarding the Wishes fireworks cruise. My pen name is Jennifer Maxwell (Max is DS's name :goodvibes )

I am so excited!!!!

There is a glaring English error in the first few paragraphs that I am praying wasn't on my draft, but otherwise it's about 97% what I wrote. I am so proud of myself...it's not my very best work, but it's also not my genre and there's nothing I will ever write that I'll be 100% satisfied with.

But...Storygirl is now published! YAYYYYYY!!!!! :jumping1:

Jenn (tooting my own horn feels good sometimes!)

How awesome is being published!!! That rocks Jenn!!!
Huge congrats on that accomplishment!!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Have a a great Sunday!
Mike :goodvibes

Thanks Mike!!!

Yesterday didn't turn out the way we'd planned, but it was a nice day anyway.

Got up and took DS out for pancakes...he loves the chocolate chip pancakes at Perkins. They are "bear" pancakes, but he thinks they're Mickey Mouse so we get a kick out of that. I had a ham and cheese omelet and shared my sausage links with DS.

Afterwards, we went to all get our hair cut, which was a relief. Mine was fine, but DH and DS were getting really moppy. After that, my dad called from the Mississippi and was having some trouble with the prop on the second engine. So he had to take it back to the marina to get it fixed. We stayed home and instead took DS to see Sky High. It was actually pretty good. He enjoyed it a lot.

Dinner was after the movie at a restaurant and I had a chef's salad. Then later at night I had some lc ice cream. All in all, a good day.

Monday, August 8

breakfast: Naughty, naughty me. I forgot to pack breakfast and there isn't really anything in the vending machines I can stomach or eat on my diet. There are ham and cheese omelets in the refrigerated section, but they scare me. I am really weird about eggs anyway and the idea of a premade omelet in a vending machine....just makes me nervous.

So I had a healthy diet coke. :rolleyes:

VBF and I are going out for lunch so I'll eat something good there.

I'm not feeling good today - very dizzy and icky. I think I need to reevaluate my vitamins. I had to take some midol this weekend and I tend to get in need of potassium whenever I take anything that has a water pill element to it. I really, really want to go home and just lay in bed and be a baby, but to be honest I'm not sick and I have too much to do here so it would be just a total self indulgent thing that I can't do right now. On the other hand, I am on vacation 6 weeks from tomorrow and I can cling to that.

At least today is STB free...

Hi Jenn,

Sorry to hear yesterday did not turn out as planned!
and again sorry that you are not feeling well today. I would be wary of a vending machine omelette too! Besides, I'd bet it is loaded with hidden carbs. (ooh, fyi -- did you know that most pancake houses put pancake batter in their omelettes to make them fluffier?? I learned that the other day! How weird! hehe!)

Glad at least that today is STB free!!! Hope you feel better soon!

This is me (Storygirl) - I accidentally posted under my old name. :blush:

What a weird afternoon!!

I figured out what my problem was - I was dehydrated. I ended up getting some propel water and kept drinking and I felt so much better.

And then...

DS's day care called and I had to go get him - 101.5 temp and just "not himself". DH has complained about a sore throat this morning and daycare told me that it's going around AGAIN so I called DH and had him go in to get another strep test.

Positive.

DS's temp went down right away with ibuprofen and he is doing great. We took him into the clinic to see the doctor (2nd potential strep in less than 4 weeks so they wanted to see him) and he and I both had a strep test. The doctor is doing the 24 hour culture for him and put him on a prescription anyway and said he looks really healthy other than his throat. And me?

Negative.

YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! DH and DS need antibiotics for their icky feeling, I need electrolytes for mine.

Learned a lesson though...TOM meds with diuretics + major heat + me outside + only the usual 8 glasses of water = dehydrated.

Not sure about dinner. DH is planning to grill some chicken with this lime pepper seasoning we found at Sams...yes lime, not lemon. YUM!

Tuesday, August 9

Home today with DS and DH. DH has strep and feels pretty awful, so he is laying on the couch trying not to swallow too much. DS feels completely and totally fine, which is why I'm home. He can't go back to daycare until he's been on his anitibiotics for 24 hours, which means not until tomorrow morning. And he is FULL of energy. No way DH can keep up with him, as miserable as he is. So here I am, forced to take a sick day to spend quality time with my little boy. Sometimes, life is really pretty nice.

Made breakfast for DS and had a bowl of sf granola and carb countdown milk for me. Haven't had lunch yet, but I am planning on a club sandwich on lc bread. I'm hoping to relocate DH upstairs so I can use the treadmill later too.

Didn't get a chance to walk - not happy about that. Had a lc ice cream bar snack and then a huge bowl of lc chili for dinner - probably too much - with avocado. Two lc ice cream bars for dessert. Not too bad, but I've done better.

Long time no hear from in your journal!

Congrats, Jenn!!!!!!! Give DH and DS hugs for me. You're doing well.

Hi Jenn!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Dehydration is not fun!!! I hope that the "men" feel better soon too!!!

Have a great night!

Sorry to hear your family hasn't been feeling well and your dh has strep - YUK!!!!! Glad yours was negative. Sorry to also hear about your dehydration - I get dehydrated fast and sometimes I don't realize it until it's too late. And then it knocks me down for at least a day. After the last time I realized how important it was to drink water. DUH - don't know why I never listened to anyone!!!!

Oh - and I wanted to say COOL for being published. We get the newsletter so I'll watch for your writing!!!!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Thanks everyone!! DH is feeling a lot better and DS is just fine. Big relief!

breakfast: 2 string cheeses, diet lime coke.

Tomorrow is the last early day for DH - starting next Monday he works normal shifts and 5 days a week again instead of 4 10 hour days so he'll be up and taking DS to daycare again...I'll have more time in the morning to make breakfast and pack lunch. I can't wait!! Plus he'll be home earlier, too.

lunch: went to Culvers with VBF and had the santa fe cheeseburger, no bun. I am a sucker for almost anything with avocado. Yum!

Today has been busy, but will be over in 1 hour, 15 minutes. Can't wait.

Hey Jenn!!!

Add me to the list of the avocado fiends! I don't have them that often but they are sooo yummy! Hard to find good ripe one's hear. I love making guacamole!

Glad to hear that your DH's schedule change will give you some more flex time. I hope you put it to good use for yourself! :goodvibes

Mmm... you have me craving a nice juicy cheeseburger too! hehe No bun of course! LOL :flower:

Mike

The name of today's entry is: Serves Me Right or A Message from Someone

So...Wednesday night DS wanted a pumpkin bar. I don't know why, but he saw these pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting at the grocery store and has become addicted to them. They are an odd thing to enjoy in August, but it's cake and frosting...what's not to like? So I give him one and he leaves, enjoying his treat.

Well.

Last week at the store, they had been out of the bars so I bought a can of cream cheese frosting and a pumpkin bread loaf. I tried to give that to him last week and he wasn't keen on it once he heard the name of the frosting. For some reason, the exact same thing on a bar is good, out of a can is not. He couldn't get past the "cheese" word in cream cheese frosting.

So, getting back to Wednesday night...I decide to taste a little bit of the pumpkin bread and frosting. I knew I shouldn't, but I wanted to and I knew I'd obsess if I didn't. So I had a taste, which ended up being a slice. It was good. But when I went to throw it away (DS won't eat it, I will, garbage is the best place for it) I noticed what I had thought was a clump of flour. Nope. Mold.

I'm allergic to mold.

Two hours later, I was standing up in my room taking off my necklace and I suddenly had to bolt for the bathroom. Over the course of the next 12 hours, I threw up 7 times. I wasn't even able to keep WATER down! I won't get graphic, but I think it'll be a long time before I eat anything with pumpkin in it again.

I spent all day yesterday in bed, eating the occasional saltine cracker, and drinking propel water and diet sprite. I tried eating dinner, but it didn't work out very well :guilty: ...The nurse at the clinic thinks I had a sudden onset of the flu, but I am convinced it was mild food poisoning. Today I feel tired and woozy and am still afraid to eat anything more than bland crackers and plain lc toast. I'm going with the food poisoning thing, because it inspires me not to eat naughty things. Plus I am allergic to molds (can't even eat bleu cheese or take penicillin) so it makes sense to me.

On the other hand, STB is stuck in Europe because of the airline strike and will not be back until after next week.

Can you believe it??????

I'll be back on track as soon as I can eat without my stomach rebelling...I am hoping tonight or tomorrow. On the other hand, my calorie count is LOW so I'm certainly not adding any pounds.

Hope you are all going to have a good weekend! Those of you on the east coast...stay cool!!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter