Jen, Stacey & the December 2011 Shindig!

We went in to the main area to the reception and when we said we were going to V&As they directed us to a fairly unobtrusive set of doors to our left.

Once we went in then place was amazing! All decorated in period fashion including fabric wall coverings.

We were seated by Diane and introduced to our two servers.

Pic17.JPG

Frankie the assistant server on the left and Don the head server on the right.

As you can see they followed on the theme being dressed in period clothes.

We were then given our own personalised menus.

Pic18.JPG

Pic19.JPG

As you can see they were beautiful. Everything was done with an air of theatre. The personalised menus, the server describing what each course was and where the ingredients came from, even the coffee as you'll see soon.

Sorry, but now we switch to iPhone photos. I really didn't feel comfortable taking flash photos in there.

Pic20.jpg

We started with the Amuse-Bouche.

Pic21.jpg

This was 4 bite sized appetisers chosen by the chef.

From Top left clockwise we have:

A summer roll.
A french root called 'Krone' (sp?)
Some vegetable tempura
A beetroot salad.

Each bite came with it's own seasoning or sauce and was exquisite. It literally left me salivating and ready for more.

Pic22.jpg

Then came the first 'real' course. Artichoke Carpaccio with Jicama Salad and Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Wow! This thing was awesome! everything was so soft and delicious. And the hearts of palm in it were to die for!

Pic23.jpg

Then the server bought some bread over saying the next three courses would be accompanied by a complementary bread chosen by the chef and hand made at V&As. Like I said, theatre. This is a hand rolled mini baguette with English style butter.

Pic24.jpg

This went with the Crispy Tofu with Soy Beans and Baby Bok Choy.

Now being veggie, I've had Tofu before but this was out of this world! The crispy sesame seed coating perfectly complemented the silky smooth Tofu inside.

Pic25.jpg

The next bread was exquisitely soft and light. Wonder what the black dots are? That's black truffle!

Pic26.jpg

This went with the Wild Mushroom Cannelloni with Shaved Black Truffles.

What isn't in the description is the white truffle shavings that are also on there! Well, it's the first time I've ever had truffles, white or black and I loved it. Guess I've got expensive tastes! :)

Pic27.jpg

Then it was a hearty multi grain bread, with a least one of the grains imported from Holland with a salted English butter.

Pic28.jpg

This went with the Zellwood Corn and Garbanzo Bean Risotto with Miniature Vegetables.

Again, wow! Each time they brought out a course we thought it couldn't get any better, and each time they proved us wrong.

Pic29.jpg

Then it was time for the pre-desert (yes, I said pre desert) desert and coffee. My coffee came in the amazing contraption that using an alcohol burner caused the water to rise up the tube via vacuum to be infused by the coffee and when the heat was removed the water all dropped back down, perfectly percolated.

Pic30.jpg

I had the cheese platter. It sounds simple but each cheese was accompanied by a sauce and a little item like a tiny piece of date. It was amazing! It included what the sever described as the best Stilton in the world.

I don't know if it was the best in the world but it was the best I've ever tasted.

Pic31.jpg

Stacey had the White Chocolate Gelato with White Chocolate Shavings. She said it was divine!

Then it was on to the real desert.

Pic32.jpg

I had the Sugar Free Chocolate Swans. I would have swore they were laden with sugar. The outside if the swans were made out of a pastry similar to the pastry in Profiteroles and they were filled with a chocolate gnash. It was amazing.

Pic33.jpg

Stacey had the Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Soufflé. She absolutely loved this! Said it was the best desert she'd ever tasted.

Then lastly it was some little sweets while we drank our coffee.

Pic34.jpg

I had some sugar free ones,

Pic35.jpg

And Stacey got some rather naughtier ones. But we were both stuffed and couldn't finish them.

As I said it was more than a meal, it was an experience. Absolutely worth the money. In fact we loved it so much we booked to go again the next night!

So happy and very full we made our way home. :)

All I can say is 'Wow'!!

I don't eat meat so always thought that V&A might be wasted on me but you have just shown me I was wrong :)

I don't eat meat and I'm diabetic so if they can cater for me they can cater for anyone. :)

I'm a couple of days behind due to a couple of nights of getting back late but I'll try and get it all up to date before the cruise on the 11th. :)

Hi Jen, I've been following your trip since your first post and after seeing the post about your meal at V&A's I felt I had to register so I could say WOW!!!! WHAT A MEAL!!!
Glad to see you and Stacey are enjoying yourselves. Angela and I are very jealous as we've never been!

Yay! Finally it's Epcot, my favourite park.

As we were going to V&As again we grabbed breakfast in the room then headed out to the park.

Pic1.JPG

You know the drill. It's the obligatory Geodesic Sphere shot. Yes, you heard me, Geodesic Sphere. Not golf ball... :)

Pic2.JPG

We did a quick visit to our LaL plaque then off to future world!

Pic3.JPG

Epcot's tree was beautiful as always. But I miss the Lights of Winter.

Pic4.JPG

We hit all the Future World headliners, including Figment! :)
Then it was off to the World Showcase.

Pic5.JPG

The holiday events were in full swing. Old Saint Nick was out entertaining the crowds. Ho Ho Ho!

Pic6.JPG

But my favourite is the Monkey King!

You ever see the show on TV? I loved it! Well the nature of Monkey was irrepressible! :)

Pic7.JPG

Then of course there was the Mariachi Band... No I don't know what they have to do with the holidays either.

Pic8.JPG

Even the model railway in Germany was decked out for the holiday!

Pic9.JPG

Then it was off to the DVC Merry Member Mixer. Wow! Look at the line! It went all the way through Canada and halfway to the Christmas Tree!

Pic10.JPG

But eventually we made it in. Look! They made it snow! Cool!

Pic11.JPG

They went all out inside. With characters, a DJ, etc. it was way cool.

However it seems that DVC members are related to seagulls. Whenever I tried to get a seat it was 'Mine! Mine! Mine!'.

So in the end my 'gammy knee' couldn't take any more and it was back to the room for a rest. Then it was time to get ready for V&As again!

Unfortunately this is where the photos stop as we were told that we'd be getting the same menu as the day before and we were happy with that. But when they got there they'd gone all out and made a brand new menu for us!

It was amazing.

The night was just as amazing as the day before and we left very, very content. :)

Well, I've not caught up but by posting this at least I'm not any further behind! lol!

Whoo! Now following your report as I stand on the ferry boat at the TTc with you lol.

Well, it's 10:30 on the 11th and we've 1/2 hour to get out of the room and start the drive to Port Canaveral.

Surprise, surprise! I'm not going to have time to do another day post. :lmao:

But I intend to spend most of my time on the Dream vegging out so I'll get everything prepared for a mega upload once we hit our room in Old Key West on Thursday.

See you after the cruise! :)

So today was another 'away from WDW' day. We were off to Seaworld!

Pic1.JPG

Look! The obligatory lighth... Yeah, I got nothin'... ;)

Pic2.5.JPG

Another Incongruous tree. It's Ok, but not as good as the WDW ones... I'm a total Disney Fan Grrl! lol!

Then Stacey decided to go off and ride a ride she'd never tried before.

Pic2.JPG

Where's Stacey?

Pic3.JPG

There she it! :)

We hit the animal attractions like the Penguins...

Pic4.JPG

They were cool as always (cool... *nudge, nudge*, get it? ;) )

Pic5.JPG

But who put this guy on the naughty step! :lmao:

Pic6.JPG

Look! The rare water based Douglas Fur! :)

Pic7.JPG

You can find unexpected beauty anywhere...

Since Anheuser Busch left the theme park business the beer tasting place has been turned into a buffet restaurant.

Pic8.JPG

Terrance Garden Buffet.

It was fairly average buffet food but for the very reasonable price we couldn't complain.

Pic9.JPG

This is a selection of the veggie stuff. Veggie Pizza, Pasta and salad. The bread was pretty dire though.

Then on the way out we saw this.

Pic10.JPG

In a place of endless attractions and animal exhibits I found the ducks facinating. Guess I'm just a tree hugging hippie. :)

Then we did a few more of the animal attractions.

Pic11.JPG

Like the Sharks.

Pic12.JPG

The Turtles.

And these guys.

Pic13.JPG

Some of these things belong together, some of these things are kinda the same, can you guess which one is doing his own thing? :lmao:

Then we took a quick time out at our room then off to Sanaa!

Pic14.JPG

Lovely effect on the table, but unfortunately it's plastic not wood. More of that Disney Magic! :)

Pic15.JPG

First we had the assortment of breads with different dips. I had a really hot dip that's now on the menu which I thought was yummy but Stacey really had an issue with the spices.

Pic16.JPG

Then it was a trio of Asian inspired salads. Again the Chickpea one had some kick. Yum.

Pic17.JPG

And some veggie Samosaa. Which I loved and Stacey nearly exploded from the heat. According to the server afterwards it's the hottest thing on the menu!

Then on to the Veggie curry main course.

Pic18.JPG

We shared these, with me trying each item first as Stacey was getting a bit leery about the spiciness of the food.

Pic19.JPG

As you can see! :)

Then onto desert.

Pic20.JPG

I had a no added sugar Mango Sorbet. Very nice.

Pic21.JPG

And Stacey had a sort of rice pudding dish that she loved!

Pic22.JPG

Stacey loved it so much she ate the chocolate logo! :)

Then it was back to the room to sleep off a great meal! :)

As you can guess by the update we're back on dry land!

We're off to dinner now but as soon as we're back I'll post another couple of days... :)

It's the 8th! The First day of Reunion, yay!

We grabbed a quick munch in the room then it was off to DHS to meet the gang.

Pic1.JPG

Hey Guys!

We hung around and generally looked lost (Pee up in a brewery comes to mind!) then finally ten minutes behind schedule we headed into Star Tours.

Again it was a great ride and as an added bonus the rebel spy on our speeder was...

Len Testa! :)

Then we all headed over and did Muppets. Most cool as always but the film is looking just a little past it.

Once we got out everyone split up. Len and Matt arranged some impromptu meets but we decided to head to the backlot tour.

I know the tour is a shadow of it's former self but you still get to see some cool props so we like to do it.

The pre-show was pretty lousy as it was in 'B' mode due to the weather (it was freezing!) so that meant that there were no volunteers, just a quick demo of some effects then we were shuffled off to the tram. Lame!

While everyone headed to the tram at mach 10 we moved to the side so we could get some pictures of the props.

Pic2.JPG

This is supposedly from the 'Hannah Montana' movie. Never seen it myself but it is pretty.

Pic3.JPG

I've no idea what the train is from but it's way cool!

Pic4.JPG

Hu, hu, hu. One of Binford Tools finest products, as demonstrated by Tim 'the tool man' Taylor! :)

Pic5.JPG

Hey! I thought that this was in 'One Man's Dream'!

Pic6.JPG

Wow! They even have the helmet from the film!

Pic7.JPG

And it's not all old stuff. This is from the Bruce Willis film, Surrogates.

Then we finally got on the tram but we were out of sequence. Which led to this...

Pic8.JPG

Pic9.JPG

Yes! Stacey and I were the only ones on the tram! :lol:

I know, I know, our VIP status preceded us... :)

Of course we got shots of the usual things.

Pic10.JPG

The Earful Tower

Pic11.JPG

People actually WORKING in the costume shop

Pic12.JPG

Hilarious! How much energy did they waste on two people! At least the water is recycled.

Pic13.JPG

One I have to get a shot of. I love Flight of the Navigator. In fact I watched it while on the cruise but that's for later.

Looks like they tidied it up as well, last time it was looking a little worn out.

Pic15.JPG

This is a cool one. Davy Jones' Organ.

But that's enough of the backlot tour!

We wandered down to RnRC and ToT but the wait was terrible (70 mins+) so we took in a few streetmasphere shows.

Pic16.JPG

The water company were out and about.

Pic17.JPG

As well as a game of Matchmaker, Hollywood style! :)

Pic18.JPG

Then it was off to the Great Movie Ride meet!
Time to mingle aimlessly for an hour... :)

We rode the ride, and when the gangster left the vehicle to get the gem we all shouted 'It's a trap!", very funny. The Cast Member acknowledged our warning but dutifully tried to take the gem and was turned into a skeleton by the curse.

Pic19.JPG

Outside I asked the 'gang' for a photo for you guys. See the sacrifices I make! :) I get everyone except 'Old man Scopa' who was involved in another meet at MK.

The guys kept messing around and switching places, with loads of people taking shots. So there's a good chance that I'm now in 20 other trip reports! :)

That was the last meet of the day so we all headed our separate ways. Stacey and I went to...

MEDIEVAL TIMES!!!! :)

Pic20.JPG

I know the food is lousy here but we love the place. Hey, you don't go here for the food...

Pic21.JPG

We got to catch a photo of the Falconer before we headed into the arena which was cool, then it was on with the show!

Pic22.JPG

Oh no! The got the prince!

Pic23.JPG

This is officially the luckiest shot of the trip. :)

Anyway, the show was great fun as always and we rolled out of there happy and full, only to find the key fob for the car had stopped working! Argh!

So I dived into a Radioshack that had actually closed 2 minutes earlier and begged them to sell be a battery. They took pity on me an we were back into the car and away to our room.

This morning it was another Boma Breakfast.

Most things are pretty much as last time so no pics apart from the one difference.

Pic1.JPG

I grabbed myself some pancakes and waffles!

Pic2.JPG

With sugar free maple syrup of course.

Then we were of to AK as we'd definitely not ridden Everest enough.
I tried to beat my record of 10 times back to back but after 5 I was feeling decidedly ill. I guess that comes from eating a big meal first! :)

Pic3.JPG

This guy stalked me through Discovery Island. First I thought he looked cute but look at those eyes... Looking just a touch sinister. Dah, dah, Dahhhh! ;)

But to digress a moment. A lot of people say that WDW and it's facilities are going downhill. I disagree.

Pic4.JPG

As you can see, the accommodation is first class. ;)

Pic5.JPG

And Disney transportation is second to none... :lmao:
(Now back to your scheduled TR.)

After recovering from the EE fest, we headed to Dinosaur.

Pic6.JPG

Oh No!!!! Brazilian tour Group!!!! :lmao:

The trip to the past was quite scary, for a while I though to myself:
"We're not gonna make it!" ;)

After our whirlwind trip to the past, we popped into Nemo the Musical

Pic7.JPG

As always, the show was great. And as always 'Dory' stole the show. :)

Then it was off to Epcot for today's reunion meets.

Pic9.JPG

On the way in we caught the Gospel group singing some Christmas tunes. Stacey and I aren't very religious but if you are going to sing hymns there are definitely worse ways to do it.

So we reached the American pavilion and the gang was all here...

Pic10.JPG

If you look closely you might be able to spot Old Man Scopa at the back of the crowd. :)

After a while my leg began to hurt and once I sat down I was sort of out of things so we decided to go and watch the American Adventure.

Pic11.JPG

We caught the talk by the woman who talks about Hanukkah and then a performance by the Voices of Liberty.

Pic12.JPG

Then it was time to watch a very plastic Thomas Jefferson and Mark Twain talk about the founding of America. though I can't quite watch it in the same way after QI debunked a few of the 'founding father' myths.

Pic13.JPG

It's a very Disney way of looking at the founding of America but there's nothing wrong with some pride in your own country.

We then took a long slow walk around the World Showcase before heading out for dinner at Raglan Road.

Pic14.JPG

You know, I hate Michael Flatley... ;)

Pic15.JPG

The bread was of note as it was a soda bread. Stacey liked it but I wasn't too impressed.

Pic16.JPG

Stacey had a mushroom Risotto with chips and onion rings on the side.

Pic17.JPG

And I had the Portobello Mushroom burger with Colcannon instead of chips and some veggies. The burger was OK but the Colcannon was amazing. Perfect for little old me who was craving some mash.

Then it was back to the room early to do some more washing and take a nice long swim in the pool.

Today is going to be a little short on photos as it seems that most of them are away with the fairies! But we will survive! *hears the dulcet voice of Gloria Gayner in the background* :)

So Today was a Magic Kingdom day and as we were running late we decided to grab a couple of pieces of toast in the room and then dash out of the room.

Things looked tight but we made it to the meet with about 5 minutes to spare.

Pic1.JPG

As usual, thoughts of celebrations in places where they made beer came to mind but it was all fun.

While waiting for the meet we struck up a conversation with Megan (mmtska) and her
husband Ricky (who from this point on shall be known as Chris :) )

Pic2.JPG

Here's a photo we took later in the day. We spotted the White Rabbit and it'd be rude not to grab a photo. :)

We finally all got on the ride and got to do CoP MST3K style. I'm not sure if they improved it or butchered it but it was hilarious! :)

Then all four of us decided to hang out so we made a reservation at The Plaza then went and rode Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin and strangely the Tomorrowland Speedway! ;)

Then it was time for lunch.

Pic3.JPG

Stacey and I had a mozzarella and tomato sandwich and I don't remember what Megan and 'Chris' had. Megan and I then had a no-added sugar shake, Stacey had a Banana Split and 'Chris' had something chocolate...

EDIT: Extra added as I just remembered.

Then we quickly headed back to Tomorrow Land to do the TTA meet. This started the trend of telling silly jokes which continued when we went in the Jungle Cruise and finished all of the skippers jokes! This wasn't as bad as it sounds as after the skipper clicked what we were doing he started to improv jokes we hadn't heard before or twisting the endings. It was great.

(End of Edit)

Then we skipped over to Epcot where we all rode Test Track, then rushed over to the Candlelight Processional so we could see Neil Patrick Harris.

*spot reserved for photo of NPH that Megan is going to email me*

After getting a glimpse of NPH we took a slow walk through the World Showcase then stopped in China for dinner at Nine Dragons.

Pic4.JPG

stacey and I got this. Stacey thought it was OK, I however hated it so I got some veggie spring rolls to eat.

Pic5.JPG

Megan and 'Chris' got this. I think they were pork but I'm not sure. They seemed to enjoy them. :)

Pic6.JPG

Then Stacey and I had a vegetable & Tofu Stir Fry. This I liked. :)

Pic7.JPG

Megan had this. Not sure what it was, she liked it though.

Pic8.JPG

And 'Chris' had a chicken, :)

We were all full so we skipped desert and headed out as Megan had to work.

Pic9.JPG

We grabbed a pic of the tree on the way out.

Pic10.JPG

As well as a photo at the entrance.

Pic11.JPG

Taken by Michael! :)

Then we went our separate ways. Megan to work and us to the room to do Laundry and swim.

Argh! Our camera broke! It just says 'Internal Error' then shuts down. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

So the last 2 days (when I get to post them) will be very light on pics. Sorry.

I'm signing on for this one...have read through the last few pages and very much enjoyed it! I have a Stacey too...and I'm a veggie...and I'm Pooh sized...and I have a gammy leg! We could be twins!

Booo!

I'm sitting in the American 'F' Lounge in MIA waiting to fly home.

I'd rather be staying a few more days but the fun has to end sometime.

I'll post the last updates as soon as I get home, including the cruise days and the videos (Yes BRABUS & TheStalker, including one of me driving the Camaro) that I couldn't upload using WDW's new crappy wireless network.

(sssssslllllloooooowwwwww!!!! No more live webcams from DVC resorts... :( )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter