***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

Dumb question for those of you who have been in Jan before- knowing that little kids are crazy and will swim in 70 degree weather… should I be at all planning down time by the pool for this trip? Or rethinking that strategy? Last trip we really enjoyed a mid week off day swimming with a nice dinner at Sanaa in the evening but January does not equal swimming where I’m from so it’s hard to wrap my mind around. Kids will be barely 7, 8, 10, 10 and 16

Pools are heated and kids are willing to swim in ice water if need be, so should be fine.
Dumb question for those of you who have been in Jan before- knowing that little kids are crazy and will swim in 70 degree weather… should I be at all planning down time by the pool for this trip? Or rethinking that strategy? Last trip we really enjoyed a mid week off day swimming with a nice dinner at Sanaa in the evening but January does not equal swimming where I’m from so it’s hard to wrap my mind around. Kids will be barely 7, 8, 10, 10 and 16

It really depends. We always go in January and the weather is wildly unpredictable. Some years, its cold enough for sweatshirts and pants, while others it's warm enough for a day at the pool.

I would check the weather a week out.

Last time I was there in January it didn't get much above the 50s and one day even in the 40s during the day. I would definitely just keep checking the weather for when you're down there and make it a last minute decision if you're going to bring swimming gear or not. I was comfortable myself since it was much colder where I live than Orlando was and it was so much nicer than walking around in 90+ temps with humidity, but I wasn't going to be hitting the pool.

I just checked and this past January, some days were in the 60s, some 70s and some 80s. Gotta say, this shocked me. I expected it to be much cooler. Lots of days this past January would’ve been warm enough to swm.

You can just leave it as a resort day but switch it to mini golf or something if it is too chilly that day.

I just checked and this past January, some days were in the 60s, some 70s and some 80s. Gotta say, this shocked me. I expected it to be much cooler. Lots of days this past January would’ve been warm enough to swm.

Is it weird I'm hoping it will be on the cooler side? I don't want cold. I can stay home for that, but the heat is draining! I'm going in September as well as January and I KNOW its miserable hot that time of year. Part of the reason I enjoyed January last time is because you can have a lot more stamina to keep going and not need breaks without that kind of heat.

We arrive at WDW on Saturday, January 8th, and our first day at the parks will be Sunday the 9th. I noticed that the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend is January 5-9. How crowded should we expect the parks to be on the 9th?

I don’t remember more crowds for marathon weekends, only some early morning transportation disruptions for the paths.

I think I have my rooms and dates all set now. We are booked for 1/9-15 at Boardwalk then Grand Destino.
Although, once more info is announced for the evening EMH I might have to switch from GDT to deluxe…

Hi all!

We booked over the weekend. January 1-8, Port Orleans Riverside (our first time staying here!)

It is me, my daughter (21 and will be 7 months pregnant!), son in law, and youngest daughter (10). We have never gone in January before, nor have we ever gone to Disney at a time where there are no holidays or festivals. I am assuming Festival Of The Arts won't have started yet, but Christmas stuff will be over?

N
Is it weird I'm hoping it will be on the cooler side? I don't want cold. I can stay home for that, but the heat is draining! I'm going in September as well as January and I KNOW its miserable hot that time of year. Part of the reason I enjoyed January last time is because you can have a lot more stamina to keep going and not need breaks without that kind of heat.
Not weird at all, especially since winter shorter park hours make it hard to take a long midday break and still get on all the big rides. We’re just not Disney springs people, so if our resort day isn’t going to include swimming I want to swap it out for Kennedy space center or something else. I hate to have them lay around watching tv all day of it’s colder than I expected. We can do that at home!

So excited! Big family trip (9 of us) with our adult sons (24, 22, 18) and their wives/friends from Jan 1 - Jan 8th, splitting our stay between Boardwalk Villas and Saratoga Springs. We have 2 bedroom villas, so we can spend time together when in the rooms. Hoping fast passes are back by then, and they keep the extra magic hours. We haven't been to Disney for several years, so trying to catch up on all the changes. Our oldest and his wife are both Marines, so also hoping the military salute tickets get announced soon.

A friend and I are currently booked for Jan 23rd - 29th at Pop. We have known each other most of our lives and she's been telling me for probably 15+ years that she really wanted to visit and this will be her first trip! I'm pretty excited to be dragging around a newbie though I'm afraid I'll drive her crazy long before the trip even starts. ^^;

My last visit to WDW was in 2017 so I'm looking forward to checking out what's been added since then. Pandora is probably at the top of my list since I got to visit Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland in 2020. I'm really hoping Animal Kingdom will be open at night and not be closing as early as it has been, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

My last visit to WDW was in 2017 so I'm looking forward to checking out what's been added since then. Pandora is probably at the top of my list since I got to visit Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland in 2020. I'm really hoping Animal Kingdom will be open at night and not be closing as early as it has been, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I hope AK is open late too although it's hard to tell. In 2020 the park was open until 8PM those dates but in 2021 closed at either 5PM or 6PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter