***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

It feels so weird to not be finalizing ADRs right now. I wonder how or if they’re planning to expand that reservation window over the next six months. Do you think it will stay reasonable for our trips or make a sudden jump leaving us on the wrong foot?

planning for 11, I think making sure we have a few great meals all together is my biggest priority and planning concern.

I keep watching the Dining threads... seems like if any thing changes with ADRs someone over there always knows/shares as soon as possible.

We're going for our first ever trip! We rescheduled our Sept 2020 DL trip to Jan 11-17, 2022 at WDW. The trip is to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary (they'll have celebrated their 51st by the time we go!) and right now we're a party of 19, with expectations that we'll be more like 23ish. Currently we're all booked at CBR.

We're going for our first ever trip! We rescheduled our Sept 2020 DL trip to Jan 11-17, 2022 at WDW. The trip is to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary (they'll have celebrated their 51st by the time we go!) and right now we're a party of 19, with expectations that we'll be more like 23ish. Currently we're all booked at CBR.
Yay giant party planning! And I thought 11 was overwhelming! How are you all approaching planning with a group of 23?!?!?

Yay giant party planning! And I thought 11 was overwhelming! How are you all approaching planning with a group of 23?!?!?
Mostly we're on our own. So far we know we will do snacks together at the hotel one night, and we are booking lunch in a private room at Paddlefish for all of us. Beyond that, we'll just let everyone do their thing in smaller groups.

Mostly we're on our own. So far we know we will do snacks together at the hotel one night, and we are booking lunch in a private room at Paddlefish for all of us. Beyond that, we'll just let everyone do their thing in smaller groups.
That sounds nice and chill!

Jumping in. Husband and I are booked at Contemporary for January 8-15th. It will be two years since we were there. Stupid COVID!

We're booked for Jan 2-7. We have a big group of 8 adults and 5 kids (ages 9,8, 7, 7, 5) at the time of the trip. It will be by nieces' and nephew's first (and maybe only) trip to Disney World. My kids have been twice. We rented DVC points to stay at Bay Lake Tower. When I booked the crowd levels looked low and I thought these dates would work for the post-holiday lull, but now Touring plans has crowd levels at 10 for our whole trip and I'm so stressed. Anyone else have any idea how busy it might be? It's so hard to guess since everything is changing so much.
Thanks!

We are going Jan 23 – Feb 6. It will be me, husband, sister & her husband. Fourth time for us and first time for sister & her husband. We are all in our early 60’s. We are currently booked at CBR but will switch to POFQ if it becomes available. Celebrating early retirement for sister’s husband. We are all very excited and counting down the days!

Hi everyone! We're on the edge of booking for 1/15-1/19, and I'm equal parts excited and anxious! We took our last trip in March of 2020, right as the pandemic was getting taken more and more seriously, and WDW closed everything down the day after we left. I feel like it's a different world now, but I'm hopeful that we'll have a good time.

We are heading to Universal the 15th then moving over to Riviera Resort January 17 - 22, with a room for my older kids at Pop. We were originally going to be there the last week of January but the Skyliner refurb switched that for us.

We really enjoyed our two visits during different phases of the covid changes - but REALLY excited to return to a more normal Disney this winter.

We are going Jan 23 – Feb 6. It will be me, husband, sister & her husband. Fourth time for us and first time for sister & her husband. We are all in our early 60’s. We are currently booked at CBR but will switch to POFQ if it becomes available. Celebrating early retirement for sister’s husband. We are all very excited and counting down the days!
I love the look of POFQ, I’d love to stay there. Have you been there before?

Has anyone given any thought to transportation since ME will be going away in January? We're renting a car so that we have one available for our family trip, but we still need to arrange for transportation to and from and the airport for everyone else. Mears hasn't announced anything yet for Mears Connect, so I think we might just look into using a private town car service.

I love the look of POFQ, I’d love to stay there. Have you been there before?

Yes, we've been to POFQ our first three trips. We also did a split stay, staying at WL for five nights (loved it!).

We both love POFQ: the theming, smaller resort size, one bus stop, boat to Disney Springs, short walk to POR. We just feel at home there. Our first visit Jan-Feb 2017 was 17 days. It was going to be a once and done trip to WDW. Well that didn't work out! We've visited several resorts, including all the deluxe, and still love POFQ the most. It just works for us. We're from the west coast so we don't visit WDW as often. We've been to Disneyland too many times to count. Love them both!

Has anyone given any thought to transportation since ME will be going away in January? We're renting a car so that we have one available for our family trip, but we still need to arrange for transportation to and from and the airport for everyone else. Mears hasn't announced anything yet for Mears Connect, so I think we might just look into using a private town car service.
Yeah we are driving this time. We used to drive yearly then the last two trips we flew in instead. Between the cost of ubers on our last trip, airport transportation, and the fact that we won't pay for parking since we are DVC - it seemed a no brainer to go back to driving.

We’re staying at shades of green for most of the trip so we can’t do ME anyway. I did look up some shuttle pricing for if we could fly in near the same time. It looks like there’s a van service that holds 12 , so we could all get in that for about 11$ per person. We are considering driving to cut down on costs over all though. We want to go to universal one day and maybe Kennedy space center, so that would be a lot of Ubers for so many people. I need to run the math on parking and gas vs airfare and shuttles. It adds a full extra day of travel one each end of the trip for us to drive so that kind of cuts into the fun time though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter