***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

I reserved a one-way car rental when I knew our dates - it was $50 for me, through work discounts. I'll pick it up at MCO and return it to the Disney Car Care Center and they drop you off at your resort. Or a resort, depending on your mood. It also gives me the chance to get groceries etc, before we turn the car back in.

I didn't know about that option with the Care Care Center. Car rentals for January are insane $$. Adding the need to pay for parking at the resort and parks it would be way out of range for me for the whole trip. If I didn't want to get to the parks the day of my arrival I'd consider the one day rental. The grocery stop would be nice to pick up some breakfast options.

The other thing I'd like right now is the January hours. And if there will be a return of After Hour events during the 50th or for the new year. I have my park reservations set, but I'd been thinking of playing around with them a bit and if they are going to bring in some After Hour events that aren't holiday related in January it would change my options.

I didn't know about that option with the Care Care Center. Car rentals for January are insane $$. Adding the need to pay for parking at the resort and parks it would be way out of range for me for the whole trip. If I didn't want to get to the parks the day of my arrival I'd consider the one day rental. The grocery stop would be nice to pick up some breakfast options.

The other thing I'd like right now is the January hours. And if there will be a return of After Hour events during the 50th or for the new year. I have my park reservations set, but I'd been thinking of playing around with them a bit and if they are going to bring in some After Hour events that aren't holiday related in January it would change my options.

Depending on your first park day, there's also a place at the Swan and Dolphin - and you can park the car for a couple of hours at your resort (to unpack etc). It's just an option and works for me... In July, we drove over from Cocoa Beach, dropped off our luggage at the resort, then dropped off the car, then resort (picked Contemporary), so we could go to MK. That time, though, my brother had driven down so we went for groceries later.

We'll probably end up using Mears Connect to go back, though. But need to buy airfare, first.

I reserved a one-way car rental when I knew our dates - it was $50 for me, through work discounts. I'll pick it up at MCO and return it to the Disney Car Care Center and they drop you off at your resort. Or a resort, depending on your mood. It also gives me the chance to get groceries etc, before we turn the car back in.
Just a heads up that depending on how much luggage you have, being dropped at a different resort might require hiring additional transportation to take you to your resort. Luggage is not allowed on Disney buses and possibly other transportation also.

Just a heads up that depending on how much luggage you have, being dropped at a different resort might require hiring additional transportation to take you to your resort. Luggage is not allowed on Disney buses and possibly other transportation also.

I clarified in a later post that we drop the car off after we stop by "our" resort. Sorry about that.

I'm hoping the bring back Minnie Vans before January. I had read in the spring that they hadn't given up hope for the service entirely and some new signs had been spotted. Last time I was down they were just starting out with it and it wasn't at POFQ yet. So one night when I met my friend who is a local for dinner at a different resort from where I was staying it was SUCH a hassle to get back. Same with one morning when I was going from POFQ to the Poly for breakfast.

I'm hoping the bring back Minnie Vans before January. I had read in the spring that they hadn't given up hope for the service entirely and some new signs had been spotted.
I hope so!! I used them almost exclusively on my solo trip July 2019 and they were fabulous!

Can't wait for our January trip... and for the Official thread. Woo hoo!!! Half of my family hunts and they are going to camp somewhere remote - I'm taking the other half to Disney!

Who Is Kicking 2022 Off with WDW
disheadz (Disney and more trip, January)
EmilyGahr (first non-summer trip and headed to Wilderness Lodge, mid-late January)
Griffin11 (from Canada, first visit for husband and kids, late January-early February)
hsmamainva (celebrating youngest daughter's birthday, late January)
hulagirl87 (solo trip hopes - well deserved break, TBD January)
Kelli Pooh (delayed 50th birthday celebration, mid-late January)
KTwiegs (looking forward to Art of Animation, late January-early February)
lorileahb (bringing the non-hunting side of the family, hoping for mom to join, late January)
mandis77 (Epcot resort - more resort days, late January)
MarvelStars (from Canada - sisters trip, early January)
mdguy429 (no 2020 trips so headed to Poly, mid-January)
MGMmj! (celebrating son's 4th birthday with family, early January)
mjmgsssp (hoping for POFQ to open, late January)
Mrs Grumpy (dh turning 50, late January-early February)
Neverbeast (rescheduled from Sept 2020 with extended family - maybe add on with immediate family, late January-early February)
pigletto (from Canada - family trip - WDW and Universal, early-mid January)
Princessclab (moving target set for January and the Arts festival, late January-early February)
randi02 (split stay WDW / Universal, late January-early February)
RoseBen009 (first big Disney trip - split stay CBR and Poly, early-mid January)
shaws2003 (first time back since 2009, late December-early January)
SheSingsAlong (childhood friend girls trip - any crowded days to avoid?, considering mid-late January)
tinabin919 (Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin/DS Hotel, looking for tips on DS hotels, early-mid January)
Tinkerbell_Girl (late January for CBR)
YEA!!! We will be there January 1-8 staying at Saratoga 😊

4 months until our stay at Wilderness Lodge.

Rooms for the second week of January booked up FAST. When we initially booked not long ago, nearly all resorts were available. Now, availability is very limited.

We are coming for the marathon week. Trying to decide where to stay. Have a family of 4, pretty much adults. So need some space If possible. Looks like prices are, as expected. Even for the Disney Springs hotels. Was hoping to grab a family suite at AS Music but they were showing unavailable last time I looked. So on the look for a resort.

Can't wait for our January trip... and for the Official thread. Woo hoo!!! Half of my family hunts and they are going to camp somewhere remote - I'm taking the other half to Disney!

Who Is Kicking 2022 Off with WDW
disheadz (Disney and more trip, January)
EmilyGahr (first non-summer trip and headed to Wilderness Lodge, mid-late January)
Griffin11 (from Canada, first visit for husband and kids, late January-early February)
hsmamainva (celebrating youngest daughter's birthday, late January)
hulagirl87 (solo trip hopes - well deserved break, TBD January)
Kelli Pooh (delayed 50th birthday celebration, mid-late January)
KTwiegs (looking forward to Art of Animation, late January-early February)
lorileahb (bringing the non-hunting side of the family, hoping for mom to join, late January)
mandis77 (Epcot resort - more resort days, late January)
MarvelStars (from Canada - sisters trip, early January)
mdguy429 (no 2020 trips so headed to Poly, mid-January)
MGMmj! (celebrating son's 4th birthday with family, early January)
mjmgsssp (hoping for POFQ to open, late January)
Mrs Grumpy (dh turning 50, late January-early February)
Neverbeast (rescheduled from Sept 2020 with extended family - maybe add on with immediate family, late January-early February)
pigletto (from Canada - family trip - WDW and Universal, early-mid January)
Princessclab (moving target set for January and the Arts festival, late January-early February)
randi02 (split stay WDW / Universal, late January-early February)
RoseBen009 (first big Disney trip - split stay CBR and Poly, early-mid January)
shaws2003 (first time back since 2009, late December-early January)
SheSingsAlong (childhood friend girls trip - any crowded days to avoid?, considering mid-late January)
tinabin919 (Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin/DS Hotel, looking for tips on DS hotels, early-mid January)
Tinkerbell_Girl (late January for CBR)
My mom and I have booked Jan 27-Feb 3 at POP Century! Her last trip was 2019, and my last trip was 2016. This will be our first mother-daughter Disney adventure!

I booked a placeholder room at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs. The price is right for Marathon Weekend and like that the rooms have a little more space. I may still look at booking Coronado Springs. But still hoping the family suites at AS Music open up.

So looking at resort availability for the first week of January for the marathon events. If I look at 1/5-1/10, only the AS Sports is available for the value options. But if I change the dates to 1/4-1/10, AS Music and Pop become available. Kind of puzzled on this.

So looking at resort availability for the first week of January for the marathon events. If I look at 1/5-1/10, only the AS Sports is available for the value options. But if I change the dates to 1/4-1/10, AS Music and Pop become available. Kind of puzzled on this.
I would recommend calling rather than using the website. My experience has been that speaking with a CM offers more options than I can find online.

Not sure how they do their room allocations as I've experienced similar to what you're sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter