January 2021 W.I.S.H. - New Year, New Goals

My Woo Hoo is that I am fully remote on Wednesdays and it’s a half day of instruction.

The bad news is that I will be in school until 5:00 doing professional development, but getting a break from my students mid-week is saving my mental health right now. I just wish I were home because my internet and WiFi are far superior at home. I was disconnected twice today.

Woo Hoo number two. I have lost 5.5 pounds in the new year!

My Woohoo is that I got my outside workout clothes today. I am going to do my January 5K outside today. It is going to be about 40 outside so not too bad for mid January. Normally we are closer to 0 -20. So I will take advantage of this nice seasonally warm sunny day and get my walk/run in. A bit of not so woohoo is that the sports bra I ordered does not fit but if fits DD so at least I don't have to take it back. She could use a new one anyways for horseback riding and soccer when that starts back up again.

I do need to get DD to do more. she does horseback riding once a week and that is it. I can't get her on the treadmill at all. She says that it scares her and she won't go outside because it is cold. Days like today I can get her out but after tomorrow we will be back in the 20's for awhile. Any ideas to get a 13 year old active? Before the pandemic she did a lot. She would go ice skating with friends, played soccer in the fall and spring and she did horseback riding once a week so I had no worries then. DS I am not too worried about because he jumps all over his room playing video games. DD just sits on her bed now. Once things get back to normal (I am really hoping by summer/fall) she will be fine. DD and DS want to play soccer for the school. DS missed out on his freshman year (this year) so really hoping I can get them back. Once that starts in the summer they will get plenty of activity.

Woohoo...

... reading your woohoo's is very helpful.

... last night's rain storm has cleared and I was able to do a morning beach drive and see the last king tide, the water levels were right up to the top of the sea wall and with just a touch more wind the water would have been breaking over the top.

Well that 5k was disappointing. At about the .75-.8 mile I tripped on the uneven sidewalk and fell on both knees and hands. Left side is worse then the right. I got about 1 mole in before my left leg started to hurt with shutting pains from my knee partway down my shin so I came home. I will fish hopefully this afternoon. I was pissed. I had a good time going before I fell. I can say the winter workout clothes are awesome though and kept me warm. I was getting ready to take off the sweatshirt when I started to head back home.

Well that 5k was disappointing. At about the .75-.8 mile I tripped on the uneven sidewalk and fell on both knees and hands. Left side is worse then the right. I got about 1 mole in before my left leg started to hurt with shutting pains from my knee partway down my shin so I came home. I will fish hopefully this afternoon. I was pissed. I had a good time going before I fell. I can say the winter workout clothes are awesome though and kept me warm. I was getting ready to take off the sweatshirt when I started to head back home.
Oh no! Ice your injuries and feel better soon.

Thanks, I am proud of myself. I use map my run when I do the 5k's outside so I know my distance. I was able to pause it and I started it back up after work. I did finish and better then I thought. It took me 59 minutes. About 5 minutes longer then my last. I call that a win with the fall. I wasn't to get any jogging in after the fall. Even this afternoon. It just hurt my knee too much. So I just walked fast and that worked.

Now I am dealing with DD and back pain. I have an email into her orthopedic to see if this is from her scoliosis and what we can do to help it. Horseback riding tonight seemed to really bother her back though she has been complaining for awhile now about it. I think somethings need to change, like the way she is sitting all day but we will she what the doctor says. I asked about chairs and yoga and stuff. SO we will see what we need to do.

I’m thankful to have found a balance between work, family & self-care.

I’m thankful that my son is able to play basketball (with masks on) and that most schools are live streaming the games so we can watch from home!

I’m thankful I was healthy to give blood this week.

I’m thankful (especially as the daughter of a breast cancer survivor) that my annual mammogram went smoothly and nothing was found!

I am so, so thankful for the break between storms that we had yesterday. Not only was it not raining but the skies were clear and the temps were mild enough to open up a few windows and get fresh air in to the house. I got out a couple times to get some sun, and when I did the beach drive at sunset, I parked and stood at the water's edge soaking up the fresh air.

We're forecast to have no rain today or tomorrow either, so I will get more out-of-doors time while I can.

Also thankful for another long weekend, as we have Monday off for MLK Day. I made an appointment for a massage, including an extra add-on head massage. I feel like we've made so much progress with the chiropractic adjustments that the massage should be really effective. I don't love the prospect of being face down on the table with a mask on, but am grateful to have the option.

I am thankful that my fall yesterday was not as bad as it could have been. My right knee is a bit sore when bending down but for the most part pretty good.

I am thankful to have a mom that I can vent to when I frustrated. She will just listen while i go off on what ever is going on. I do really miss spending time with her.

I am thankful for our nice weather. 2 days now of sun and temps in the 40's. It has been nice to get outside.

I feel like I am getting back on track. I went for a walk yesterday at lunch. IT was still so nice out. DH and I walked for about 33 minutes. Then after work I got on the treadmill and did another 50ish minutes. I am sleeping much better too and mentally feel better. I need to work on food more. When we go shopping this weekend I will more veggies to eat as snacks. I am also hoping DH makes Pita bread again. He made it for the first time last weekend. It was so good with peanut butter on it.

Week in review:

Good things I did for myself...
... I emptied my water jug every day, as in drank it not dumped it down the drain
... I ate fruit six times, I know that's barely more than I should have in a single day but it is six times more than the week before

... I've had protein the past four days

Things I need to stop doing...
... reduce dairy, which includes SB and ice cream
... turn the news off on the TV

... stop doom scrolling IG and Pinterest on my phone

Plan for the weekend...
... limit TV time to max two hours per day
... leave my phone plugged in on the kitchen counter
... one hour of outdoors time each day
... one hour of reading each day

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter