January 2021 W.I.S.H. - New Year, New Goals

I went down the quiz rabbit hole while I was there: :rotfl:

Which Disney World Resort Matches Your Personality?
You got the Polynesian!
(I've never stayed there. Maybe I should.)

Which Land in Magic Kingdom Are You?
You're MAIN STREET USA!
(I think this is probably accurate.)

Can you match the Disney World Ride Vehicle to the Attraction?
You got 9 out of 15 right! - You're an attractions intermediate!

Can you name these animated Disney sidekicks?
You got 6 out of 10 right! - You're a Disney movie B student!

Can You Pass This Tricky Magic Kingdom Quiz?
You got 6 out of 10 right! - You're a Magic Kingdom intermediate.

Which Disney movie does this quote belong to?
You got 4 out of 8 right! - Pretty Good!

Norway
You got the Norway Pavilion! You’re in luck because one of the best treats is served here! Head to Kringla Og Bakeri Kafe for School Bread. Don’t forget to greet Elsa on the way!
EPCOT-Norway-Pavilion-Kringla-1-e1605034205596.jpg

Norway
You got the Norway Pavilion! You’re in luck because one of the best treats is served here! Head to Kringla Og Bakeri Kafe for School Bread. Don’t forget to greet Elsa on the way!
EPCOT-Norway-Pavilion-Kringla-1-e1605034205596.jpg
The School Bread is the one treat that I’ve heard so much about and still haven’t tried. Is it one of your favorites?

The School Bread is the one treat that I’ve heard so much about and still haven’t tried. Is it one of your favorites?
I have never tried it, and my answer for dessert was creme brûlée, so I'm not exactly sure how I got Norway lol.

To answer my own post, I did turn off my alarm and slept an hour later than usual. I’ll go do a fun workout (usually a dance workout since today is a test day in my current workout program). Then breakfast and virtual church followed by food/meal prep. It’s been great so far because we are generally home during the pandemic. Pre-pandemic Sundays were often spent running around sometimes baseball tournaments or indoor field hockey tournaments or practices. But now we’re home. So it keeps me busy and somewhat moving as opposed to the initial months of the pandemic I would just lay around and watch tv all day. So win-win in that it keeps me moving on Sunday and also prepares me for the work week! 👍

1. Turn Off Your Alarm
I can't really turn off the furry alarm clock who licked me awake this morning.:rotfl2::cat: But I do do the part about enjoying my cup of coffee before any other humans are up. :teeth:

2. Pamper Yourself
I'm not much of a spa girl.

3. Indulge in a Good Meal
I can go both ways on the weekend - Sometimes, I do tend to put a little more effort into cooking. Other times, I take the day "off" and make something easy.

4. Go Outside
"If the weather is cooperative, go for a brisk walk or enjoy a coffee on your patio. Sunshine and fresh air are great for relieving anxiety and clearing your mind." - I love this one, and actually try to get outside (even if it's brief) almost every day, not just Sundays.

5. Make a List for the Week Ahead
I generally make my lists throughout the week, and cross things off on Saturday and Sunday, but the thought is there!

6. Take a Social Media Break
Can't say I do this one. (I'm here, right...:laughing: )

7. Netflix & Chill
Friday night is more likely my binge-watch time, but I think it still counts.

8. Prepare for Monday Morning
I definitely make sure my school stuff is prepped on Sunday (if I didn't already do it Saturday).

9. Do a Yoga Flow
Not a Sunday ritual for me, but the twins and I often do Cosmic Kids Yoga on Thursdays. I secretly love it!

10. Practice Gratitude
(already mentioned in the question post)

Not a Sunday ritual for me, but the twins and I often do Cosmic Kids Yoga on Thursdays. I secretly love it!
I love doing Cosmic Kids yoga too 😄 (with my class, of course). This year since we can’t use a rug, I bought each kid a yoga mat from Five Below.

And all the things you mentioned doing on others days definitely count! Self-care isn’t just for Sundays ;)

1. Turn Off Your Alarm
It is only on for the work week. It is a luxury to wake up and lie in bed...my internal bathroom alarm drives me nuts usually 2-3 times a night because I take a water pill. Last night was every hour or so. :(

2. Pamper Yourself
I'm dying to get back to the hair salon and spa. I have dirty blonde hair with roots that have been growing out for a year. I just discovered my very first white hair...damn:mad:pandemic! A year ago my hair was shoulder length with layers and side bangs. Now it flows down my back to my hips, 1/2 dirty blonde and 1/2 light blonde. I look ridiculous, but my salon is not being as cautious as they should be, so until I get vaccinated, I can't get my hair done. I wear it down at home because who cares, but at school, I wear it in a tight bun. During quarantine, I stopped wearing makeup and my skin loved that. Now I have breakouts and skin irritation from masks. A facial would be lovely. I desperately need a pedicure. I used to go every six weeks. My over age 40 vision makes it hard for me to see and trim my toes well. DD tries, but I really need professional intervention with the callouses and everything. My fingernails are a fright. That is my own fault, and I can work on that...maybe today.
Update: I dug up an old pair of glasses that no longer work for distance, but now work for close up (readers don't work for me). I gave myself a halfway decent mani-pedi.

3. Indulge in a Good Meal
Fridays or Saturdays we sometimes get takeout. Last night was Chinese. Sundays, I do a pork roast, lasagna, or roasted chicken. I look forward to going to an upscale restaurant again like my nephew's in Port Jefferson, NY.

4. Go Outside
You all know that I love walking on the beach, but right now it's 12 degrees and Nor'easter Orlena is on her way.

5. Make a List for the Week Ahead
I perpetually make lists and cross things off as I go which gives me great satisfaction.

6. Take a Social Media Break
Can't really do that since it is the only way I get human connection outside my household.

7. Netflix & Chill

I'm a master.

8. Prepare for Monday Morning
Done.

9. Do a Yoga Flow
Umm, I will get back to you on that.

10. Practice Gratitude
(already mentioned in the question post)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!