January 2014 discount watch!!

:confused3

I'm a new Disney Visa Cardholder...just got it in July. Did I miss the email with the January 2014 offer? I don't think I saw it yet...but I could have missed it in my inbox. What does it say in the From: field of the email?

I have seen this question asked a couple of time but can't seem to find the answer in the thread. So there is no "talk" that s/p/d and RO offer will be released to DV holders say next week?:confused3

I have seen this question asked a couple of time but can't seem to find the answer in the thread. So there is no "talk" that s/p/d and RO offer will be released to DV holders say next week?:confused3

Correct. Just that it was set to come out on the 8th but no one has said whether it's public or DV, but the assumption is that it's to the public.

Just checked... there is nothing posted on the visa cardholders special offers section of the website. I personally have NEVER gotten a visa cardholder email announcing offers - and I have had my disney visa almost 20 years... I get snail mail & email quarterly newsletters - that's it. In the past my TA alerted me to offers when they came out if she knew I was looking for certain deals or dates...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'

I am racking my brains, if I am staying at Wilderness Lodge and wish to purchase the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, assuming that S/P/D will be offered for the time that I am there, what will the cost be per day per person.

Correct. Just that it was set to come out on the 8th but no one has said whether it's public or DV, but the assumption is that it's to the public.

I've never seen a "leak", whether it was me or someone else providing the information, that gave any mention of a visa offer. It has always been assumed as a few days before, and most of the time that assumption is correct. The last free dining offer however did not have a visa offer at all, it just opened to everyone the same day.

So these promos may or may not be offered to visa holders first, someone will just call a few days ahead and check and then everyone will know.

That's just how it's always worked...

Just checked... there is nothing posted on the visa cardholders special offers section of the website. I personally have NEVER gotten a visa cardholder email announcing offers - and I have had my disney visa almost 20 years... I get snail mail & email quarterly newsletters - that's it. In the past my TA alerted me to offers when they came out if she knew I was looking for certain deals or dates...

Thanks. I assumed the offer was an email announcement to Disney Visa Cardholders, but I'm wrong. I'll keep checking the special offer section of the website. I'm assuming this is the website you are talking about:
https://disneyrewards.com/offers/

I've never seen a "leak", whether it was me or someone else providing the information, that gave any mention of a visa offer. It has always been assumed as a few days before, and most of the time that assumption is correct. The last free dining offer however did not have a visa offer at all, it just opened to everyone the same day.

So these promos may or may not be offered to visa holders first, someone will just call a few days ahead and check and then everyone will know.

That's just how it's always worked...

The last free dining offer (for Sept 2013) actually did have a DV offer for 3 days before it was released to the general public. I know this because my friend was watching for FD and actually GOT a DV card just to take advantage of the offer, and then it was released to the public before her card even came in the mail.

AAArcher86, you seem pretty knowledgable in this thread, so I'm going to ask you a quick question. I booked our trip through a fabulous AAA TA for my Disney reservations, who happens to work part-time. I've been working for the past hour trying to crunch numbers. As of right now, our family (2A, 2K 3-9) are staying at a Deluxe for 6 nights with 7 day hopper passes and Regular Dining Plan. As it looks to me, the RO discount seems to save us a significant amount more than the SPD offer (that is, IF I did it correctly).

Does this sound right?? :confused3
Thanks you SO MUCH for all of your help answering everyone's questions! :thumbsup2 Are you a TA yourself?

The last free dining offer (for Sept 2013) actually did have a DV offer for 3 days before it was released to the general public. I know this because my friend was watching for FD and actually GOT a DV card just to take advantage of the offer, and then it was released to the public before her card even came in the mail.

I was referring to the free dining offer that covered October, November, and December. It released on August 1st with no early release to Disney visa holders. If you followed that thread during that time, it was quite heated for a few days. The September free dining offer that released on May 9 did have an early visa release on May 6th, so you are correct about that.

I was referring to the free dining offer that covered October, November, and December. It released on August 1st with no early release to Disney visa holders. If you followed that thread during that time, it was quite heated for a few days. The September free dining offer that released on May 9 did have an early visa release on May 6th, so you are correct about that.

Ah... once she got her discount for her trip, I stopped following so closely. Sorry! Sometimes I think I know what I'm talking about when apparently, I really don't. :confused3

Ah... once she got her discount for her trip, I stopped following so closely. Sorry! Sometimes I think I know what I'm talking about when apparently, I really don't. :confused3

Oh no worries. I'm sure everyone would rather forget those couple days before August 1 anyway. Tension ran feverishly high at that time...but in the end, it became something that brought a bunch of us much closer together. Sometimes a rough time makes a lot of friends.

AAArcher86, you seem pretty knowledgable in this thread, so I'm going to ask you a quick question. I booked our trip through a fabulous AAA TA for my Disney reservations, who happens to work part-time. I've been working for the past hour trying to crunch numbers. As of right now, our family (2A, 2K 3-9) are staying at a Deluxe for 6 nights with 7 day hopper passes and Regular Dining Plan. As it looks to me, the RO discount seems to save us a significant amount more than the SPD offer (that is, IF I did it correctly).

Does this sound right?? :confused3
Thanks you SO MUCH for all of your help answering everyone's questions! :thumbsup2 Are you a TA yourself?

:goodvibes Thanks.

The well accepted rule of thumb is that for the typical 2/2 family a RO is a better discount at a deluxe. A dining discount is better at value. It varies for Deluxe.

It's entirely possible the RO would save you more, for sure!

On the restaurants board there is a 'cost to upgrade' sticky. Grab the adult upgrade from DDP to DXDP (x2) and child upgrade (x2), add them together, and multiply it by the number of nights. Then take the child price for the DDP (x4), multiply it by the number of nights, and add it together with the upgrade costs. That'd be your cost for dining WITH the discount. You can then take the full price cost of the DXDP (from another sticky) and get the difference to find the savings.

For RO you'd obviously have to price out your room cost and just take off the percentage (which I think was said to be 30%?) and see which one is bigger.

It's also really easy to check both discounts one at a time with a booking CM and just keep the one that is better, but it's always nice to know what to expect going in!

Just wanted to add that it is very typical for the Oct/Nov/Dec free dining not to be released to DV cardholders first. I only recall one time since 2008 that I was able to book it before the GP, and I think I had a PIN that year. (That's just going off memory, not hard facts). But my point is that I wouldn't let that discourage me from thinking that something could be released to DV first for winter.

Also, I have received emails from DV before announcing discounts, so it's worth keeping an eye on your inbox. It is however, very sporadic. Sometimes I get email announcements and sometimes I don't. :confused3

I got free dining nov 2012 and got it on a Monday with DV while it was GP release was on Thurs. I also got an email that Monday from DV but I had already read about it on here and had the discount applied to my room. It paid off to pay attention because I got the last royal room at POR for that promotion.

We bought annual passes so I am looking at Jan. haven't booked yet but already told my TA what weeks I would like. So I am hoping for some annual pass holders discount for a r/o booking. Or I will take the r/o discounts that have been offered for this fall season. I am just so excited I am already booking the next trip :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter