January 2014 discount watch!!

My family stayed at POFQ last February with S/P/D. I did call the first day it was announced to add that deal.

ugh -- no POFQ. I love the resort so much...

I just mentioned that POFQ, AS Movies, and AoA was excluded from the fall FD'ing promo. I was just bringing that to everyone's attention, as the s/p/d may or may not follow a similar trend. I know in years past those above mentioned resorts were not excluded in FD'ing. (for example, AoA suites had FD'ing in Jan '12, etc). Sorry if I caused some panic! We'll just have to wait until Oct 8th to see how it all unfolds!

Thanks aaarcher,you are very helpful. Yes we like to use the DDP for sit down meals. When using the s/p/d deal is there any way to upgrade my 9 yo to the adult ddp?

Yep! Just call and change his age to 10 years old instead of 9 and he'll get adult DDP credits and adults tickets (just like with FD). The nice thing with the SPD is it costs the same!

I wouldn't broadcast where you're getting unannounced promo info to be honest...

It doesn't matter where I say its from. Its Vague information. I did not give exact dates, nor any confidential information regarding the upcoming promo's before Danny25 announced the exact dates.

The information that I gave was also information that has been given to several TA's at the recent Disney Travel Conference. Being a TA I could have had access to this information if I attended in person ;)

It doesn't matter where I say its from. Its Vague information. I did not give exact dates, nor any confidential information regarding the upcoming promo's before Danny25 announced the exact dates.

The information that I gave was also information that has been given to several TA's at the recent Disney Travel Conference. Being a TA I could have had access to this information if I attended in person ;)

True story, but the TAs aren't supposed to be broad casting it either. But you didn't get it from the TA meeting either... A relative of yours with their job description now posted did.

CMs have it it pretty hard in the confidentiality department. If your cousin is cresting these offers the they'd also know that directly on the memo it says not to discuss with guests until its released. It's certainly your choice if you profess it to the world or not, but there are Disney folk on the boards and it would be awful to get some backlash from it. Erring on the side of caution is never a bad thing.

Aarcher86, I am just wondering if you have any suggestions....We are a family of 4, my kids are 4 and 9 (but I have listed my daughter as a 10 yr old on the reservation).
My husband and I, really really enjoy the Deluxe Dining plan. The signature restaurants are our favorite part of the vacation and we have no problem using all of the dining credits.
With the s/p/d option this year...DDP is offered at around $20 per night per person for a MOD resort. If we upgrade to deluxe than that would be $65 per person, right? Which would increase the cost about $1400. So we are thinking about just doing the DDP and paying out of pocket for a couple dinners. Can you think of any other scenarios that would work better for us....lol, so we can have our deluxe cake and eat it too.
:thanks:

Aarcher86, I am just wondering if you have any suggestions....We are a family of 4, my kids are 4 and 9 (but I have listed my daughter as a 10 yr old on the reservation).
My husband and I, really really enjoy the Deluxe Dining plan. The signature restaurants are our favorite part of the vacation and we have no problem using all of the dining credits.
With the s/p/d option this year...DDP is offered at around $20 per night per person for a MOD resort. If we upgrade to deluxe than that would be $65 per person, right? Which would increase the cost about $1400. So we are thinking about just doing the DDP and paying out of pocket for a couple dinners. Can you think of any other scenarios that would work better for us....lol, so we can have our deluxe cake and eat it too.
:thanks:

Yeah your prices are about right with everyone except the 4 year old. They would pay the difference from child to child because they actually are a child. If you keep the 9 year old as an adult they'd pay the adult difference too. If you drop them back down to 9 they would also be the child to child price difference. I'd grab the exact price differences on the restaurant board.

We actually did this last year on this same promotion and it worked out well. I would check the numbers against the prices for the menus and see if it would save money. We saved a ton. Even At full price the DXDP is about $100 more OOP but we'd get an app for everyone at dinner and desserts. Well worth it!

Yeah, just do your room and then go to the tickets section of the website and buy tickets. Just do it separately.

If tickets are bought separately, they can still be linked to a room only reservation? Just wanted to clarify?

If tickets are bought separately, they can still be linked to a room only reservation? Just wanted to clarify?

Well, sort of. On the MDE page there is a spot to link your resort and a separate spot to link your tickets. They don't really link together, but they both link to MDE. If you bought your tickets through Undercover Tourist or the like you could do the same thing.

I think I had it figured out that if both a RO and the SPD offer come out that because I want to stay deluxe (beach club) that the room only works out better for me if I have 3 adults ... But if I have 4 adults is it still better? Anyone? Or d o I really have to go through all the menus to know?

Does anyone know from past experience, do they typically offer room only discounts for Marathon weekend. I'm going to be traveling Jan 9-13, and determining where I should stay. Any advice on discounts during that weekend (or from past experiences)?

I think I had it figured out that if both a RO and the SPD offer come out that because I want to stay deluxe (beach club) that the room only works out better for me if I have 3 adults ... But if I have 4 adults is it still better? Anyone? Or d o I really have to go through all the menus to know?

Do you have a total for the RO and for the S/P/D offer? If so, divide the S/P/D by 3. That is your per person. Then multiply the per person x 4. The RO discount should not change unless you have added tickets. If so, do the same for the RO total. Divide by 3 and then multiply by 4. Without knowing your starting numbers, this is my best guess.

Does anyone know from past experience, do they typically offer room only discounts for Marathon weekend. I'm going to be traveling Jan 9-13, and determining where I should stay. Any advice on discounts during that weekend (or from past experiences)?

You would only need to go through the menus to compare getting a DDP versus OOP.

I can only speak for the last two years, that yes, the RO discounts that were out were available for the week leading up to and I'm pretty sure through Marathon Weekend. For the actual weekend, we stay with a charity group discount, but last year we used the RO discount for POR and WL also and the previous year, we used it at BWI. Of course, things change from year to year, but this was our experience. Pretty sure the discounts were tiered, more of a discount for Deluxes and DVC properties, less for moderates and even less for values. Pretty sure AoA LM rooms were excluded, but I think suites were discounted.

Anyone know about the Florida resident deals that might be available in January, specifically early January? Either tickets, room only, or beyond... Feel free to PM me if you are not comfortable sharing here.

Thank you!!

Anyone know about the Florida resident deals that might be available in January, specifically early January? Either tickets, room only, or beyond... Feel free to PM me if you are not comfortable sharing here.

Thank you!!

Let me know nancy if you find anything out! We are fl residents too and we usually get a slightly better RO rate (well last may I did) that what is the gp discount.

I'm sure there will be a FL room discount. The FL res tickets should be good for anything not around a holiday.

I called to add a day to my current reservations at the end of January and the CM made a comment to check the specials in early October for the 2014 Florida Resident RO discounts. I also asked her if I should get my tickets now with the Florida resident discount or wait until closer to our travel dates for the 3-4 day Florida resident special and she said I should wait...hopefully, they will have the $129 three-day special again this year! (Of course, the $99 would be even better!)

I am trying to crunch our numbers for our 1st - 11th stay under a Play stay & Dine discount, and was hoping someone could clarify a couple of things for me.

I understand we will have to do a split stay with room only 1st-5th, checking out on the 5th & back in on the 5th-11th. Then start our package pricing on the 5th.
Am I correct that we can still keep our 10 day hopper passes on the package reservation starting on the 5th; but pick them up early & use them 2nd - 5th? And those tickets would be priced under the "child" pricing ($379@) correct?

My biggest question is on the dining. By staying at Pop I assume we qualify for the quick service at children's price ($15.75@)? If that is the case & we want to upgrade to the regular dining plan - do we pay the difference between the child's quick service plan and the child's regular dining ($15.75 + $3.13 for the difference = $18.88@) or do we pay the child's quick service price PLUS the child's regular dining ($15.75 + $18.88 = $34.63@)? I JUST NOTICED IN ANOTHER POST THAT THIS WAS ANSWERED - SORRY! i WILL GO WITH THE PRICE MENTIONED THERE.

Thank you!

I am trying to crunch our numbers for our 1st - 11th stay under a Play stay & Dine discount, and was hoping someone could clarify a couple of things for me.

I understand we will have to do a split stay with room only 1st-5th, checking out on the 5th & back in on the 5th-11th. Then start our package pricing on the 5th.
Am I correct that we can still keep our 10 day hopper passes on the package reservation starting on the 5th; but pick them up early & use them 2nd - 5th? And those tickets would be priced under the "child" pricing ($379@) correct?

My biggest question is on the dining. By staying at Pop I assume we qualify for the quick service at children's price ($15.75@)? If that is the case & we want to upgrade to the regular dining plan - do we pay the difference between the child's quick service plan and the child's regular dining ($15.75 + $3.13 for the difference = $18.88@) or do we pay the child's quick service price PLUS the child's regular dining ($15.75 + $18.88 = $34.63@)? I JUST NOTICED IN ANOTHER POST THAT THIS WAS ANSWERED - SORRY! i WILL GO WITH THE PRICE MENTIONED THERE.

Thank you!

Lmao just to verify...

Yes, you can pick up package tickets up to 3 days early at a guest services location.

For dining, you would pay the difference between adult prices for the adults but pay the child price for the original dining plan. It's the same upgrade cost as FD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter