January 2011!!

HeidiLowe

Mouseketeer
Hi! :flower3:

I don't know if anybody can start these threads, but I just did, lol!!!

It will be myself, my husband, and our two boys, at time of travel they will be almost 4 and 5 1/2. pirate: pirate:

We are going January 23rd, (but I'm pushing for the 22nd) to January 30th, 2011. Sooooo excited I don't know how I am possibly going to wait that long. :confused3

Staying at the CR, hopefully TPV, depending on finances, but I think it's going to be doable. :woohoo:

I have a 1st draft of my daily plan that I want to post when it gets more detailed, I think this may be a good spot to do it.

Who else is with us in January? :thumbsup2

To plan a magical vacation,we are going in Dec. just a little ahead of you :goodvibesu. :cool1::):wizard::woohoo:

Oh yippee!!! Someone replied to my thread!!

I'm so excited for you! One month earlier than us, lucky ducks!! What have you all done to plan so far since we ha ven't hit our 180 days yet? I have room-only reservations at the CR, wish I could do more but my time isn't until the end of July.

What are all of your plans? How long are you staying for? Where are you staying? Restaurants you want to hit? Have you been there before? Who is all traveling with you?

Hi Heidi - thought I'd reply to your thread too if that's okay! Just did a search for January 2011 since I'm excited too! We have 3 boys, but the oldest leaves for college in a little over a month so won't be coming. Just got confirmation yesterday that the younger two boys (then will be 17 & 15) HS band will be playing at WDW - trip dates from January 20-25, 2011! :cool1:

They'll actually be with their friends the whole time, but DH and I are thinking of doing a couples' trip down there at the same time. We'd fly down and pass on the 24 hour bus ride from WI! Plus we could do our own thing, but still go and see them perform and maybe meet up with them a couple times during the trip. That way everyone would be happy!

We haven't gotten past the very preliminary planning stages here - we'd stay as cheaply as possible so hopefully Pop if it worked out. I'd definitely like to stay onsite to take advantage of the EMH's, especially with early park closings like they usually have in January. Can't really book that yet, and Air Tran and Southwest don't even have flight schedules out that far yet. And of course can't book ADR's or even plan park days without the hours/EMH's!

We have a meeting June 1 to discuss everything for the band trip - hopefully we'll know more for sure then!

Seems a LONG way off right now!

I was thinking of going in January, too. I've never been that time of year. Anyone know the weather and crowds conditions for that time?

I was thinking of going in January, too. I've never been that time of year. Anyone know the weather and crowds conditions for that time?

Most of the time, it's 50s and 60s at night and 70s to 80s during the day. This past winter was supposedly much colder, though. But it was much colder everywhere this past winter.

I like cooler weather, but we generally wear shorts and t-shirts. Sometimes, you'll want a sweatshirt in the morning or evenings.

I remember our first trip in January, 2006. The truck's outside temperature reading was in the twenties here in Raleigh. When we were driving through Jacksonville, Fla, it was reading 82 and we had the A/C running. :woohoo:

We're thinking the same thing coming from Green Bay! Has to be better than our last two trips in the scorching weather in July/August!

We went in January 2005 and had the COLD though. Day we arrived was in the lower 70's, but after that it never got out of the 50's. Lows in the 30's and rode Splash and Thunder Mountains in the sleet. :eek: I'd packed long sleeve shirts for everyone, and a sweatshirt, and a light windbreaker. At the last second I had room and threw in hooded polartecs so they could alternate between those and the sweatshirts. Well, several times we ended up wearing ALL those layers - LS shirts, then sweatshirts, then hoodies, then windbreakers...AND hats and mittens!

However, we had friends who had gone 2 weeks earlier and my parents went two weeks later and they all had upper 70's and were able to wear shorts! We never even wore the short sleeved shirts we brought other than the morning we spent inside at Disney Quest. And we're used to the cold!

So I guess I'd just say be prepared for anything!

Hi! :flower3:

I don't know if anybody can start these threads, but I just did, lol!!!

It will be myself, my husband, and our two boys, at time of travel they will be almost 4 and 5 1/2. pirate: pirate:

We are going January 23rd, (but I'm pushing for the 22nd) to January 30th, 2011. Sooooo excited I don't know how I am possibly going to wait that long. :confused3

Staying at the CR, hopefully TPV, depending on finances, but I think it's going to be doable. :woohoo:

I have a 1st draft of my daily plan that I want to post when it gets more detailed, I think this may be a good spot to do it.

Me too!! Glad to see this thread. We've never been in January but I finally graduate in December and I want to go!! We will be there the exact same dates 22-30 and are hoping for either BLT or CR just like you!! So excited!

Dh and I are also hoping to plan a trip down there in January. Just in the beginning stages of planning, we'll more than likely stay at all star music. Hopefully about 6-7 days. anyone that's been there before in mid-late jan/early feb have any input on crowds? we're used to going during very low-crowd times of year, so I'm hoping Jan-Feb would be a good time for us to go.

We are, we are!!:wave: Plan to be there some part of the week of 01/15-22. Hubby told me 5 years ago that he wants to do the Backstage Magic tour for his 40th bday, so I hope to make it so. :rolleyes1 And the fact that next year is also the 40th anniv of WDW, it should be lots of fun!!!

Looking forward to all the planning with everyone!!

Booking tomorrow -- Jan 2nd -- Jan 8th, 2011 -- not sure yet because we do Vacation club. Will have two on college break this year and two in middle school. All voted for a winter vacation so let the count down begin. :cool1:

We started talking about it last night, and now I'm excited! We (DH, me, DD7, DD4) were there in November 2009, so this is a quicker return trip than I thought we would get. We're looking at January 26 to Feb 2 (covering two birthdays, including mine!), and are hoping for a good deal so we can stay at Port Orleans instead of a value. Do we know when they will announce deals for that timeframe, or when we can actually get the real prices for rooms?

January

Yep....going back (gotta make good use of those AP's). Jan 7-16 2011. Probably at WL, maybe OKW.

We started talking about it last night, and now I'm excited! We (DH, me, DD7, DD4) were there in November 2009, so this is a quicker return trip than I thought we would get. We're looking at January 26 to Feb 2 (covering two birthdays, including mine!), and are hoping for a good deal so we can stay at Port Orleans instead of a value. Do we know when they will announce deals for that timeframe, or when we can actually get the real prices for rooms?

January

Hi! We are going around the same time and staying at POFQ! I saw your 40lb loss and read some of your blog! Good for you!!!!! I am TRYING very hard to change my lifestyle and set a goal to loose 60 pounds before our disney trip and I am almost 1/2 way there... also I started the C25K - I see you did a 5K!! I am only in week 4, so I am just hoping to finish it at this point!!! Anywho- I just wanted to say thnak you- I am coming off my first week of gaining and fell off the diet wagon last week, and now thanks to your blog I feel inspired to "start again!!!"

We went in January 2010 and were hoping to return in October, but we'll have a 2 week old baby, so we've pushed it off 'till January. Going down either the 13th (we'd be there over MLK weekend, which is a negative for us, but we could stay one day longer based on DH's work schedule), or the 24th. Jealous that people already know their dates; we're waiting to figure out when it's cheaper to fly. We're 90% sure we're going to stay at the Contemporary this time, but not unless there's a good deal! We didn't start planning our last January trip until the fall before when the ADR window was still 90 days . . . if the anecdotal accounts on the DIS are accurate (which I believe they are), this year our ADR window will open up before room rates for 2011 are released . . . just kinda weird.

We missed the incredible cold this past January, but it was chilly enough that we wore sweatshirts in the mornings/evenings . . . lots of layers! We did not go swimming but the pool water was warm. The crowds were not bad at all compared to our trip June 2009, but we definitely did not have the parks to ourselves - a plan was still very important. I believe the deal we used (Disney Visa 40% off room rate) was announced in October? and we switched to that from the buy 4 - get 3 deal that Disney announced in August/September? Definitely fuzzy on those details. I think mousesaver has a page on when deals have been announced dating back for the last several years . . .

Looking forward to planning with you!

if the anecdotal accounts on the DIS are accurate (which I believe they are), this year our ADR window will open up before room rates for 2011 are released . . . just kinda weird.

I agree with this that it's confusing! We're pretty set on our dates (coming along with a band trip for my HS kids) but they're staying with the band off-site. We're really not at all sure if we want to stay onsite or off, value or deluxe (okay, probably not that one), etc. I don't want to book now if I don't really know the prices at all - I'm waiting to see park hours to see if we'd really want the EMH's and see what specials they offer to see if we could afford something other than a value. Or if it would just be easier to get a nicer room/condo offsite. But we won't have any of those rates before the 6 month window for ADR's. Don't know if I should book something so I can book the 180+10 - if so and the rates drop with a special, can we still get it? Or if I should assume that since it's not free dining and a low travel time and we really only want 3 ADR's (unfortunately Le Cellier, 'Ohana, and Chefs) that we'd probably be okay? Decisions, decisions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter