January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part IV !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THis year Phillip and I are going to keep Christmas just between us!! I'm going to get cornish game hens and doing a small dinner and keep things cozy!!

Shelly...I'm still excited about how you are going to tell the boys!! They are going to have the best Christmas ever!

We've done that a lot. Once we had our son, MIL liked to come over to spend some of Christmas day with him, even though all the kids go to her house on Christmas Eve (I tell you - she loves that little boy to death!). It's kind of evolved from there to include friends and other family members. I breath a somewhat sigh of relief when its over and I can...I mean he can play with his new toys when it's just the 3 of us. :lmao:

Here you go Jen~a family-friendly pic. I'll PM you a better one!

yum.jpg

I worship you Trixie :worship: THANK YOU! That has made my day all the more brighter!! (and it was family friendly...for that mama snowbird out there LOL)

QOTD: Not someone for me to meet, but I'd like my DH and kids to meet my mom. :angel: She died when I was in high school and it makes me sad to think she never got to know the people who mean the most to me now, and they never got to know her. Our last family vacation before she died was to WDW, so that would be fitting. :flower3:

OK, back to happy Disney thoughts! :wizard:

Them's be fighting words...I have survived a real winter before LOL!!! I lived in Alaska I know what snow is...could I handle it now...heavens no!!! I'm going to laugh as you shiver all the way back to your hotel room when you get out of the pool LOL!!

Kim I'm so going to laugh at our meet pictures...I'm so going to look like the one from Canada and you are going to look like the Floridian...LOL:rotfl:

It's funny - the same thing happens when we visit my mom in Southern California. We used to go in late October / early November (that was before having a school-aged child and wanting to take him out of school for Disney - can't take him out twice). Anyhoo....I digress...we'd be walking around in shorts and t-shirts and the locals would be bundled up in their winter coats, scarves, hats and mittens!

Really girls???? 4 pages already- all I did was go make some tea and get my son a snack!

Thanks for all the pics to drool over Trixie! I for one would love to see the handsome old Cap'n Jack in a speedo! :laughing:

Our CBR tickers are getting close to having 1 month in them!!! :cool1:
Woo Hoo!!!! I have so much on my to do list yet though! :eek:
Monny2AE---just had to say that thing about your kid in Target was hysterical!! I was laughing out loud, so my kids wanted to know what it was!!:rotfl2: Of course, I had to read it to them!!!!Ha!!!
Nice huh? I'm so glad my husband taught him to find bodily noises so amusing- must be a boy thing! :confused:
Okay ladies, let's keep this thread family friendly!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:rolleyes1

QOTD:

If I could meet anyone at the parks it would be Julie Andrews.:lovestruc

I would make her sing and dance with me all day long.
I have a mental image of the two of you skipping along holding hands and singing together! Oh, the look of adoration on your face!
I always cook Christmas dinner for my whole family. That way we don't have to leave the house on Christmas day! :santa:
I host a Christmas party for my Dad's side of the famiyl a few weeks before Christmas and we get together with my hubby's family on Christmas Eve. My sister and parents come over here but I refuse to leave my house and drag my poor kids around to 5 places on Christmas! :santa:

That would secure your place in history as the official Snowbird Nerd!!! :rotfl:

I have collected more titles since joining the snowbirds that I know what to do with...Snowbird Nerd, Southern Weather Pansy, Annoying Paranoid Question asker (oh wait that's my nickname for me LOL) Okay I'm off to figure out the math I'll come back with some numbers soon!

QOTD:

Since it would be awful tough to meet Walt or Roy, I guess I would like to meet Roy's son Roy Edward Disney. I would probably stand there in disbelief.:worship:

3 pages already? Seriously?
Oh good! I can breathe again! I thought I was going to pass out from holding my breath.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: OH Soleil! You are on a roll today girl! You got some funny in you today! :thumbsup2

Hey someone has to be the Mama Snowbird and keep all the birdies in line right???!!! :rotfl:

YES Ma'AM! :thumbsup2

Them's be fighting words...I have survived a real winter before LOL!!! I lived in Alaska I know what snow is...could I handle it now...heavens no!!! I'm going to laugh as you shiver all the way back to your hotel room when you get out of the pool LOL!!

Kim I'm so going to laugh at our meet pictures...I'm so going to look like the one from Canada and you are going to look like the Floridian...LOL:rotfl:

You can count on it! :rotfl: Although in the eveings I may be caught wearing a sweatshirt! ;)

I could do the math at our hourly rate and then tell you when we should be looking for thread V, or would that permenantly confirm my status as a nerd???

YUP! Defionitely a nerd! Although I was interested in trying to figure it out as well, I LOVE MATH! Can I be a nerd too? :lmao:

QOTD: Not someone for me to meet, but I'd like my DH and kids to meet my mom. :angel: She died when I was in high school and it makes me sad to think she never got to know the people who mean the most to me now, and they never got to know her. Our last family vacation before she died was to WDW, so that would be fitting. :flower3:

But those are happy Disney thoughts...thoughts of the ones we love the most and the time we cherish with them. :grouphug:

My sister and parents come over here but I refuse to leave my house and drag my poor kids around to 5 places on Christmas! :santa:

Me too! I can remember being dragged all around on Christmas day as a child and all my brother and I wanted to do was stay home and play with our new toys. So when DH and I had kids we decided that we would always stay home on Christmas day! :santa: :goodvibes

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: OH Soleil! You are on a roll today girl! You got some funny in you today! :thumbsup2

YES Ma'AM! :thumbsup2

You can count on it! :rotfl: Although in the eveings I may be caught wearing a sweatshirt! ;)

YUP! Defionitely a nerd! Although I was interested in trying to figure it out as well, I LOVE MATH! Can I be a nerd too? :lmao:

We can be the snowbird nerds together Kim!!!! I can't believe I still have 20 minutes of lunch...talking with snowbirds makes time go slower....this is great!!!!

Trixie PLEASE take pity on me I am getting tingely in places that are supposed to get that way for 6 more weeks. Be nice don't tease w Depp pics.:lmao: LOL no go ahead maybe it will speed up my recovery. DH will thank you later.

QOTD If its Disney related I would love to meet the guys from Pixar. Such wonderful imaginations they have.

I am so excited too!! :yay: I am going to take plenty of pics of it so I can show you ladies!! :goodvibes
We're counting on it!!!!!!!!

I would love to meet my Pop Pop there. He was such a big kid at heart and he died when I was 11 so neither my husband or kids met him. He sent my parents to WDW for their honeymoon way back in the early 70's. He would have a blast with us!

Outside of family- I think Walt Disney. I would love to see his face when he sees how wonderful WDW has become since his death.
That would secure your place in history as the official Snowbird Nerd!!! :rotfl:
Most definitely! :laughing: And yet I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter