January 1st, 2014 GOAAAAALLLLLLLL....

YAY! So happy to see an update from you! You are doing great! You can do it!! :goodvibes

I hope to claim that 90 pound clippie before we leave!! :) Hoped to hit 100 pound, but unlikely! :) How are you doing?? Going to go run see your journal!! :) Thanks so much for the encourag:cool1:ment!!! :)

So PUMPED UP!!! Only 20 days left until we fly out of here!! :) YAHOO!!!

I am going to do 30 minutes of Shed and Shred (seemed to burn more than the other two I've tried) and do 30 minutes (minimum) of fast walking a day..either treadmill or trail.

Now that I have solidified the good eating, I hope the extra exercise won't make my appetite go through the roof :)

I will weigh on September 8th...two days before we fly out! So magic reveal Sunday will be a FUN day!! I think I can be in the 170s!! Hoping!!! :) My clothes are looser and I feel bones where I didn't feel them before!! :) YAHOO!!

I made it two days without a diet dr. pepper..hoping to kick those for good...sooo hard, but it's so bad for me! These daily commitments to stay focused are easier knowing I am treating my body well!!!

This is TOUGH people!! We KNOW we did not put these pounds on overnight, but the consistent dedication is hard!! Having a great reward like a vacation/event/gift at the end really helps!!

So, to help those who might be wondering how I'm going to manage these next 20 days, and the pictures will be a nice change, I am listing my typical 3 day period. In the past I would allow myself to cheat a meal on Fridays (Sam's Club pizza)...then I tried to hold out to cheat just once a month, but good luck with that when you've got 3 birthdays/4th of July/pool parties/etc going on! But for the next 20 days I am fairly certain I can make it with just one cheat....our 21st anniversary is next week, I can eat on plan at the restaurant but dh is at a business conference so we get to stay in a hotel, it's the one with warm chocolate chip cookies, now if it's not a good cookie, no problem, but if it's a good cookie...dadburnit, I'll just eat one! :)

Today's meals:
1/2 cup oatmeal (old fashioned kinds, no butter, no salt, no sugar, just hot boiled water and oats)
6 fresh raspberries

Snack: 10 almonds..plain no salt/nothing

Redneck caviar (mostly beans/tomatoes/onions) 1 cup serving with 5 Frito scoops.

Snack: 1 stick Mozzarella cheese

Dinner: Spinach/mixed green salad with strawberries/red onions/homemade raspberry dressing (raspberries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil)

Drinking maybe one unsweet tea a day and about 6 glasses of water.

I did level 1 and 2 of Jillian's 30 day shred today, I will do that 6 days a week, and add in 6 mile walks 4 days a week...to help prepare us for the crazy walking days at Disney...I promise we walk more than 5 hours a day at the parks!! Want to make sure my body will go go go!

That's my best recipe for melting the weight off...if I don't have beans for lunch I will have two slices of deli roast beef (for iron) around a slice of munster cheese and 1/2 an apple...I also try to get at least one source of dairy calcium in a day, either mozzarella stick or 1 cup of skim milk.

Counting down the days to weigh day on September 8th!!!

Good luck on your next 20 days! Being out and about more than usual might help with the weight loss regardless even if you do have ONE cookie. ;)

You are doing great! Keep us updated! :thumbsup2

Good luck on your next 20 days! Being out and about more than usual might help with the weight loss regardless even if you do have ONE cookie. ;)

You are doing great! Keep us updated! :thumbsup2
Thanks!!! Trying my best!!!

I've walked 18 miles in 4 days, that ups my appetite, caved yesterday and had 3 servings of potato chips! Well, guessing since half the bag was gone and only 2 others eating with me! :) I'm on my monthly and I just CRAVE salty stuff!!! Today, feel much less bloated and will do another 6 mile walk...so excited that we will go on vacation and no bloaty monthly stuff!!! Leave in just 8 days!! WOW!!! So not ready!!

Had raspberries this morning, will go in and have a boiled egg as well and some almonds, then do my walk and plan a greek salad for lunch..hope feta cheese does not go bad, it's been opened for a month but says does not expire until next month...oh well....clothes fitting much better!! Hoping the 12s will fit well and not snug!!! I can be in 10s in about 15 more pounds!!! So exciting!!!

:wish80:wish80:wish80

Not at goal but got to 185!! 26 pounds from hitting my 150s goal...and I am smaller than I was last year near this weight so I must have added muscle with all the walking and fitness videos! Goal is to not overdo it at Disney this week! Excited to fit into 12s this trip! I know I can make goal by New Year!!

Pictures coming soon!

:wish80:wish80:wish80

Not at goal but got to 185!! 26 pounds from hitting my 150s goal...and I am smaller than I was last time near this weight so I must have added muscle with all the walking and fitness videos! Goal is to not overdo it at Disney this week! Excited to fit into 12s this trip! I know I can make goal by New Year!!

Pictures coming soon!

Sooo excited!! GOAL is within reach!!! I am just 26 pounds from goal (as of my last weigh in) I just returned from a great week at Disney..ate more the day of travel home than the whole trip! We walked miles and miles and miles...clothes feel looser in most places except my belly...if I eat one iota of sugar I get bloaty there..so I am taking a week to weigh before I aim for my ultimate goal for this year...

By January 1st, 2014...I will be in the 150s!!!! Then I will take the first 5 months of 2014 to see where I should end up...I'm thinking 145 is about right, I am 5'8 (really 5 feet and 7.5 inches)..I so want to find people my height and ask them how much they weigh! With added muscle, 150 may be just perfect, I have been as low as 135..but was really, really thin, like size 0-2 and my bone structure is just not suited well for that..plus I think I have 2-4 pounds of stretched skin I'm hanging on to..so 140s will be the best place for me :)

Getting back to spinach/veggies/lean meats/whole grains/berries...that mix helps me get the most off...I do one serving of whole grain a day and drink lots more water...can't wait to weigh Monday and see the damage or not of the trip! High sodium foods..my daughter gained 3 pounds and ate way more than me, but her metabolism is crazy high so I have hope I will still be at 185 by Monday :) Then only 6 pounds from 170s!! So excited!!

My goal is going to be able to lose 30 pounds by January 1st!!! For each pound I lose (and I will NOT gain one pound in the next 14 weeks!!!) I am going to give a funny send off on my page!! Each pound will get its own special recognition...I think this approach will give me something to look forward to and keep my mind sharp thinking of ways to properly send off these 30 stragglers....held on to them for way tooooo long!! The next 8 or so have only been with me about 5 years, but those last 22 have stuck with me for 18 years!!! Since my first pregnancy!!!

How many of us have friends that have stuck with us for 18 years?? These pounds deserve a special moment of recognition!!! So join with me on this journey down 30 pounds...there will be joy, loss, some bitter and some sweet goodbyes...some came on due to a penchant for M&Ms...some were due to that crazy restaurant Kenny Roger's Roasters...geez, my husband still salivates when he thinks of their corn muffins and chicken!! Even our dog would go crazy!! Let's not forget Wendy's fries (the old ones, the new ones have no temptation for me)...oh and that homemade Amish Friendship bread...oh and a little chocolate chess pie, bbq from Sonny's bbq in Georgia, oh and when we'd take a road trip to football games at Auburn, those yummy Guthrie chicken fingers!! I can honestly say that year I put on 50 pounds on that first pregnancy, I did not have one leaf of spinach..well, okay, at Houston's (where my hubby worked) I might have had a dip of the spinach artichoke dip :) I didn't eat all badly, but I believe if I had NOT eaten the above, I would not have gained so much...

So, here we go folks!! Sooo dadgum thrilled to make this leap into the Normal Healthy zone!! I think I'll be there in 15 or so pounds!! I think at 168 or 168 I will officially be there!! :) I was in the 150s when I got pregnant with our first son, it will be kind of neat to see him graduate this year and I will have regressed back to the weight I was before he came into this world :) Hopefully, this journal will help motivate some of you to your yesterweights :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter