January 1st, 2014 GOAAAAALLLLLLLL....

Whew!! Just soo glad this weekend is OVER!! I ate way too much off plan for yesterday (son's 18th birthday) and today (Memorial Day)...bbq/chocolate cake/cheeseburgers/French fries/oh my!!! I was proud I ran/walked 3.1 miles in my parents' neighborhood while visiting there...it was the first time I've run off treadmill and I did pretty well, had a time of 54 minutes, but it was probably more like 3.3 miles so that is a pretty good time!

My son turned 18...he is a sweetie!! He had a great day, we're having a party for him in a few weeks....but it was nice to celebrate it at my parents' house with cousins and friends!

Girls did GREAT at their dance competition..my oldest was worried b/c this was her first feis since breaking her food a few months ago...she did super!! Even though both girls' age groups were combined, out of the five dances they both competed in, they won 3 first places, 2 second places and a third/fourth/fifth place..they rocked it!

Back on plan for eating tomorrow and starting my final week of Ripped! I'll be completed with it on Sunday...need a new program to try...need to research!! Have loved the results from this one!!

Oh man, are my quadriceps burning today! I guess running on a real road definitely used different muscles than what the treadmill does...they are so swollen today and sore..but I guess that's good...

My eating is much better today, I honestly PIGGED out compared to what I have been eating, I kept my portions good but a portion each day of chocolate cake? :) I make exceptions for birthdays and it was delicious!! :)

I'm going to cleanse my eating by doing the 3 day diet for the next 3 days, mostly veggies/lean meats/fruits/whole grains...it is just very specific...tuna with cheddar or toast with peanut butter and grapefruit juice...I can do anything for 3 days and it will help cleanse my system of all that sugar/fats I had this weekend.

I really want to be in the 180s this Friday!! Finished day one of week 4 of Ripped..it was pretty tough on the core, but my core needs it, so that was okay...the jumping moves are too hard on my knees so I do past cardio moves that she introduced that did not hurt them...other than that it's pretty cool! :)

Late Spring Cleaning!

Oh! It feels soo good! I made a cleaning chart that had 12 tasks on it..we split up into pairs (the kids and I)...HA..I really thought we'd get it all done today, but only got 6 tasks completed..but the garage/front porch/back porch/laundry room/girls bedrooms and bathroom are all CLEAN!!! Tomorrow ALL the laundry will be COMPLETED!!

It is 8pm and I'm about to finish my Ripped...just so tired from all the pollen I inhaled doing all the outdoor stuff today...grass pollen kills me..but I WILL get this done! Tomorrow I should meet my 1500 goal of minutes of exercise for May!! So excited!

Dh is away for 2 weeks, I was so proud of him, instead of using this as an excuse to eat out at nice restaurants, he is packing his hotel fridge with good food!! He knows it's so easy to pack on the pounds while on business trips, he's going to do many Subway salads....so happy that he's taking the initiative to eat well...it's not easy!! But he has seen the change in me and knows how hard I've worked at it...at our age it is NOT easy...but DOABLE!!

Weigh in was 192.0 loss of .4. Ugh...I really should see 189 today, but shin splints and swollen quads are messing with me, walked 6 miles today hoping to work out the swelling...Everything is much looser, my body just likes to hang on to water and fat...but not letting it discourage me...I have until the sixth to hit the 180s, I know I can do it! :)

Okay, I think THAT is over!! I had two pieces of cake from our scouting badge ceremony, avoided all sweets at the event but then the cake had about 8 pieces left so I brought it home b/c no one else would, I arrogantly believed I could avoid the buttercream goodness...nope, had two pieces...they were small pieces but still...icing and all!

I am aiming for 2000 minutes of exercise this month, I think I can do it! Volunteered to teach two sweet boys how to swim, that always works up my calorie burning counts!! Last year, I taught two sweet girls from Brazil how to swim...it was a kick to see them fight their fears and make it across the pool by the end of the week! Hoping these two will be more fearless, I can get them swimming in 2 days if they're willing to put their head in easily! :)

Dh has to be gone for another week, actually two, his company has made him work the past two weekends instead of flying him home...they finally agreed today to pay overtime...whew! He has worked 90-100 hour workweeks for months with no overtime...heck, the money they save by not flying him home would help us! But, I am soo proud of him for watching his food while he's out there..he says he feels his pants are much looser, I think he has finally 'felt' the goodness of losing and is now more motivated to be active...it will be nice to have him home and see if I can get him to swim laps with me when he gets here...but it's been unseasonably cool here!! Our pool temps are below 80 and chilly!! I love to jump in at 83 or higher...hoping next week we'll hit it!

I had more comments on how it seems this week I've really ramped up the weight loss, the scale has not been as friendly as I'd like but everything is smaller! So, on Saturday I'll post my month 2 after picture!! Can't wait to compare it to day one! I have 3 more months to ratchet up the workouts/eating plan to maximize my body morph! :)

5k training is going well...I'm below 45 minutes now! It's HARD but my body is able to push through it!! Knee was giving me trouble but I stuck it out and I think the lengthened workout (3.1 miles) helps the inflammation go DOWN! I just have to be diligent about icing it afterwards to ward off any more swelling, wearing a brace while I run/walk tonight to see if that helps stabilize it..

Fresh salad for dinner, need to rinse and cut some veggies (red bell pepper, red onion, carrots, 3 forms of farm fresh lettuce I bought from a local gardner who brings her veggies to dance class :)) It will be YUMMY!!

I have been feeling really lethargic lately, have not had a spinach smoothie in a week, meant to make one last night but was too tired, so will make one tonight...I feel much better with them than without...watching Dr. Oz's recipe for daily dose of energy through a smoothie...here is what he recommended...

B12..recommends under the tongue spray
Vitamin C...1 cp of papaya
Magnesium...kale
Calcium...spinach
Banana

Will try and let you know!

First weigh in since I started this that I went up on the scale!!! Dadblast those two pieces of cake!!! Well, it could also be my strange and ever changing cycle...or the last week of Ripped in 30, I did build much bigger tricep swells this week...but I was up to 193.4 yesterday..I am moving my GOALLLLLLL to September 9th since our vacation now officially starts on the 10th..we had to move it up due to really cheap airfare deal!!

So I will use the 9th (tomorrow) as my official monthly weigh in, so maybe just maybe I won't be up :)

I MUST lose to 179 by July 9th to stay on task, I just hope to be in the 150s by September 9th..I can do it..upped my workouts to 2000 minutes a month...I have managed to go to the greenway 3x this week for 4 mile jog/walks to train for 5k...it is beautiful there, creek running all the way through it!

I also just completed 53 minutes of Jillians' Blast Fat Boost, but I think I'm spoiled by her Ripped series..it was very muscle intensive, this one was just more hopping and moving, I think I prefer the strength training types...maybe I'll try it next time with more weights? I need some variety to keep my body guessing.

I did buy those B12 sublinqual drops and they are AWESOME!!! They were BOGO at Kroger...so I bought two and tried one yesterday, I really could tell a difference!! Bought the papaya yesterday, have no idea how to cut it up but plan on using it in tonight's smoothie.

Need Need Need to get more hydration in! I know that will help greatly!! Off to water plants, clean out the trough scrub it well and put some fresh cool water in it for the horses...the workout yesterday went great! I ran with two of them for about 20 minutes straight, could not believe my knee could take it!! they were having a blast!! :) I love to see them play and let me be the leader :)

Hi wanted to let you know I'm still checking in on you and cheering you!

Sorry you have to move your goal, but its only a few days. Hopefully your up is just retaining water to help heal those triceps!

I take a B50 vitamin and I can tell a difference when I don't take it.

Wow on all that exercise! That's insane! Good luck on your 2000 minutes!! I really need to up mine too! Despite your weight you are definitely getting healthier and fitter to be able to do all that. Can you imagine doing all that exercise before you started your journey? You've come a long way already! :thumbsup2

How much water are you drinking? How are you drinking it? Have you tried adding things to your water?

Hey! I really like water just by itself, I just forget to drink it! I need to just keep a glass filled at all times so it reminds me to drink, to be honest I drink about two glasses a day, rest of fluids is maybe one glass f unsweet tea and maybe a small glass of skim milk...I do eats lots of veggies and fruits but just do not drink much, I can eat out at a restaurant and eat a whole meal and realize I never took a sip of my water!

Just finished 30 minutes of cardio/strength...I firmly believe the strength training is what is sculpting and keeping my metabolism up! I am needing to make up for missing two days of workouts...yesterday we had a pool party for my son's 18th...if spending hours cleaning/vacuuming/pool cleaning/cooking counts, I guess I got some workout in :) He had a great time and it warms my heart to see the change in him these past 3 years...just three years ago, he struggled with overeating and was severely depressed by it...I asked him to let God know three things he would like to see changed in his life and to pray daily and give God a year to accomplish it. I KID you not! A year to the DAY he began that vigil...he had lost 70 pounds, found his love of rowing, and had quadrupled his friend circle...those were the three wishes...to get fit, find a sport (since football was no longer an option for him since we homeschool and the Tim Tebow bill has not passed in our state), and have more friends...I would have cried my heart out that day I realized it had been a year and the look on his face when I reminded him that all his 'dreams' had been achieved in one year....so proud of his convictions, but his leap in his faith was the biggest gift of all..that alone makes me want to work harder to get to a normal weigh range by September 9th!!!

Excited people!! It's happening!! I had ANOTHER piece of cake (just one) and potato chips, but I used the chips to dip that awesome redneck caviar....so all was not lost...today it is the smoothie and had all bran cereal with skim for breakfast..about to go eat a few almonds (non salted)...really shooting for cutting out the excess sodium this week!!

Also need to take my B12 drop! :) I am doing it every other day to see if I can stretch it out, do not want to be dependent on a daily supplement, they are EXPENSIVE!!!

Hey! I really like water just by itself, I just forget to drink it! I need to just keep a glass filled at all times so it reminds me to drink, to be honest I drink about two glasses a day, rest of fluids is maybe one glass f unsweet tea and maybe a small glass of skim milk...I do eats lots of veggies and fruits but just do not drink much, I can eat out at a restaurant and eat a whole meal and realize I never took a sip of my water!
Thats odd. I am ALWAYS thirsty...one would think I had diabetes (but I don't). :rotfl:

That is such an awesome inspirational story about your son!!! Sounds like he is doing great. Congrats to him! :woohoo:

I think cleaning definitely counts for exercise. :)

Keep up the good work!! :cheer2:

Night Angel :cool1: I had read awhile ago when most were pushing 120 ounces of water a day that it was actually better to listen to your body and drink when it tells you to! I guess my body is a camel! Would explain the scale the past two weeks, I must have water in reserves that it's pulling from! :) But two glasses of water a day just seems really low, I am just not thirsty! Except yesterday walked 70 minutes in temp index over 100 degrees with blazing sun on me, I could have drank 5 glasses!!
In the pool today, that makes me very thirsty...teaching swimming to two sweet boys for 2 hours..it will be a lot of fun and really keeps you moving! Counting it as one hour, since half the time will be demonstration and other half carrying them through the motions :)

I have found my exercise for the next 30 days!! Oh!! I need to update my picture!!! I have had a friend of my son's here and didn't want to parade my weigh in outfit in front of him, he leaves today so I'll get June's picture up tomorrow! :) Measuring my inches on Saturday, uh, well Sunday since we'll be out of town Friday/Saturday for a feis (pronounced FESH)...an Irish Dance Competition..if anything makes you want to get fit it's seeing these girls pound it out beautifully...I wish I could dance like that!!

Mind freeze, Exercise!! I am doing the Jillian's Yoga Meltdown, free on BeFit and has me dripping sweat compared to the 53 minutes of Banish Fat video she has...it's 30 minutes and I'll do it everyday, don't think I'll have an off day..it's too fun to do! Really stretching this worked out body and I need it!! I'll keep up the 5k training every other day, I can feel I'm making progress but my left knee is letting me know it's not a happy camper, by the 4th mile it feels better, I think it has constant swelling in it, so asking it to move the first two miles it screams, but I think some of the swelling works its way out and the less pressure feels much better. Or, I've just numbed the pain from killing it! :)

Focusing on my eating today, I had my papaya smoothie last night (twice actually) and it really is not bad, plan on having it again today! Had all bran with skim milk for breakfast..but I had a Sprite yesterday at our church swim event at my house yesterday, I NEVER drink sugar drinks but being out at the pool for 3 hours really zapped my blood sugar and I had to have one....and a handful of Cheetos, no more until 4th of July! Sticking to sensible eating, no more parties so that will help!! :) I want some sweet watermelon!! :)

I'm not sure if I am reading this right or not but are you limiting your water because you think you are retaining water?

In order to move water you need to drink,drink,drink to flush your system out.You want water too not really anything else- you are most likely retaining sodium as well and the water and sodium stick together and carbs is what makes that happen.Should be drinking 2-3 liters of water a day esp. if exercising.When your body tells you to drink it is usually too late you are already dehydrated.Don't wait til your thirsty.

Sorry if I completely misread your post though.

Linda

I'm not sure if I am reading this right or not but are you limiting your water because you think you are retaining water?

In order to move water you need to drink,drink,drink to flush your system out.You want water too not really anything else- you are most likely retaining sodium as well and the water and sodium stick together and carbs is what makes that happen.Should be drinking 2-3 liters of water a day esp. if exercising.When your body tells you to drink it is usually too late you are already dehydrated.Don't wait til your thirsty.

Sorry if I completely misread your post though.

Linda

Linda! I can so see hoe you read that! I was musing on why my body fails to give me proper thirst signals, I honestly am only thirsty a few times during the day unless I am walking in 100 degree days then I drink relentlessly, so I know my body can signal me but I have to force myself to drink bc I just never thirst! I eat because I get hungry, I fail to drink because I am never thirsty, I commonly have low blood sugar, wonder if it has the opposite effect, those with high blood sugar are very thirsty and maybeI am the opposite! I ate two cups of popcorn and had to make myself drink water...you would think that would trigger thirst, but nope...I also even at 43 weeks pregnant could go 8 hours withouteeding a bathroom break! It is just an anomaly with me, but like I said, 80% of the food I intake are fresh veggies, fruits, soups or milk in cereal so maybe I just get a lot of h2o through those? I know I need it..going to try and up it the next few days! You guys are awesome encouragers!

Improving! I had 5 glasses of water yesterday and one Diet Dr. Pepper...that is an improvement! I have given up trying NOT to drink DDP...too many 'don'ts' on this journey to healthy weight, that is one vice I keep, but I never buy it for the home, just if I'm out on the road..usually about 2 a week, so it's not so bad. I had all bran with milk this morning...just finished Yoga Meltdown, guys! THIS IS TOUGH!! But it does feel good after I finish it!!

Heading to KY today, about 5 hours, we plan on eating out for dinner, likely Subway where I can get a salad...tomorrow will be the tougher day, road trips make me want to cheat! But, moving my weigh day to Monday should keep me strong!! Not sure how I'll get in my exercise for tomorrow but maybe I'll wake up early and work out at the hotel gym, praying there is one!

Going to take another sublingual B12 dose today, I'll need it! I think I take it
about 3x a week, it really does help! Finished the last of the Papaya last night, went to buy more yesterday, SOLD OUT! I think others have heard of this recipe and are buying it all up! At least now I know how to cut it up :)

7 inches gone!

Whew!! I finally got a chance to do my measurements...so since May 15th I am down 7 inches...I have not weighed in a week, I am skipping the scale this week because had way too many off plan treats, kept my calories below 2000 but definitely not losing days...last week, about 4 days were under 1300 calories and 3 under 2000...plus with the amount of sodium I had (buffalo wing dip), sugars (handful m&ms yesterday)...I know the scale will not be kind..

But the biggest loss in inches were in my legs..I lost two inches in my thigh! Only half an inch in my hips and a full inch in my waist, an inch in my arms, full inch in my calves and an inch and a half from my chest...hoping to knock some bulk off these hips!! I know the running will do it but my knee is NOT happy with the 5k training, I can walk for 6 miles with no pain, but the minute I start running outdoors it hurts badly and I do not want to get injured during these last 75 days before our trip! Working hard to get it all off!!

Last week, we had rowing camp every morning, 5 am wake ups and walked 5-6 miles everyday...then my daughter massacred her finger opening a pop up soup can!! A race to the urgent care center for stitches sent me needing a food cheat....I can handle blood, and stitches, but afterwards the stress of it all required a medium order of waffle fries...ugh...traveled this weekend but had a salad while out so that was not bad, but then had a slice of Sam's Club pizza yesterday for lunch, so fatty! Today it's back on plan, focused and eating sensibly and working out with Jillian again..plus cleaning the house up really well b/c we have company (my sister and her daughter) coming for the week...we love having company! The house smells clean! HA! :)

OLA CHICOS!!!!! :)

What a whirl the past 6 weeks has/have (no clue) been!!! I knew things would get hectic, I got to 191 I think the last time I weighed, and when I did not hit 189 the next week I just got frustrated..refused to weigh, continued to work out with long 5 mile walks during the 2 weeks of rowing camp (daily) and the Yoga Meltdown...but I just needed a break...

For the past 2 weeks I have been ON PLAN!!! So much so that my body is morphing!!! I think I just needed those weeks to level out my body's eating/exercising and I had to write a 260 page curricula for my writing class this year (I teach homeschoolers)...that took so many hours but finally completed it and our classes start this Tuesday...excited!!

I've had more people run into me the past 2 weeks that are really commenting on my weight loss!! I did low carb the past 2 weeks mainly to stabilize my carb cravings after a month of not watching my food as closely. It really has been coming off..I think I MAY be in the 180s but I'm going to do a little surprise weigh in..I WILL NOT weigh in until the week before we go to Disneyworld!! I don't want the scale to affect me like it so often does. I am adding a bit of carbs back in this week with just oatmeal/berries for breakfast this next week and maintaining my salads/greens/proteins for the other two meals, unsalted almonds/cashews for snack b/w meals....I kicked the Diet Dr. Pepper habit for about 5 weeks, but now it's pseudo back..I never have more than 5 a week, but would like to cut that down to 1-2. I am going to walk the 5-6 miles at the river for 4-6 times a week until our trip...also doing the Yoga Meltdown to keep things stretched and limber. I'll do that about 4 days a week.

I KNOW I can be in the 170s by the trip...just can't wait to see what happens by focusing on my eating/exercising and NOT the number!! :) I bought some size 12s the other day and they fit! I hope by Christmas to be in size 8 and maintain from there on out...excited that the past 2 weeks have been successful...NO CHEATS!! Except today! I had about 20 plain M&Ms...I can only go so long without chocolate :) But it was less than 100 calories and oh so good! :) Lots of dark green veggies/beans/onions/berries the next 3 weeks...then I will weigh in on September 1st!! Excited and I will post an after picture!!! :) I bet I can land within 20 pounds of my final goal!!! It is hard to believe...but I finally have the mindset that I'm getting there!! :)

We'll be at Port Orleans Resort in just 5 weeks!!! Our first time staying there, very excited!! Made ressies at Flying Fish for my birthday dinner, excited for that, too!! I am going to have a birthday cake made for me...gee, it sounds so bad to do all this stuff for your own birthday but honestly the past 20 years my birthday has pretty much been a bust..I am the mom who plans everything, have a great husband but he just has no clue what to do or how to be creative...strictly engineering type mind...but for the mom who loves creativity and FUN, I really want to make that happen on this birthday!! The last one, I fell really ill on the Fantasy and was bedridden the entire day, I think I had one sip of sprite and was so conked out from the illness, I remember nothing!!! This year my birthday is Friday the 13th!! We will be at Hollywood Studios and it's a special Villains night!! Excited to celebrate it with a bunch of villains :)

Hope you all are staying encouraged on your journeys!! Let's LOSE!!

Wow! It is really amazing how on a roll I am with my eating! I have not had a chance to exercise like I want because of busy busy schedule, but did get a mile in on Sunday...hoping to get my Yoga Meltdown in tomorrow or go back to Extreme Shed and Shred for the last 4 weeks until we fly to Disney!!!! Sooo super excited!! I really fell I can get in the 170s by then!!! Hoping to be within 20-25 pounds to FINAL goal by then...It's that hope that is keeping me sooo staunch on the eating! I had the offer of a fry tonight, did not even consider it! Woo Hoo!!!

Can not wait to see good friends we made on our last cruise, four families are meeting up and it will be a hoot! I also am so looking forward to all the changes made in the last 8 years, new rides/features/and my goodness, I love all the landscaping, it just makes me happy inside to see all the amazing blooms and colors!!

FOUR MORE WEEKS!!! This week is going great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter