Jan 2 2013 Dream Cruise

Trying to figure out what the plan is on where to stay the night before, how to get to the port, and where to stay after the cruise! :confused3 I wouldn't mind staying at Disney the day before the cruise, but with it being a holiday I think the rates will be high, plus it's late notice to be booking a holiday I think. (but maybe I should put in a quote just to see?) I like to get to the port around noonish so being there first thing really isn't that important to me.

Then...I can't decide if I want to rent a condo (we are off site people usually) or stay on property for those 3 nights after the cruise. We don't usually stay on property and it will just be me and my girls so it might be fun this time...but I also think that after 4 nights in the same small room it might be nice to have a condo (which is cheaper) with room to spread out and have a washer and dryer to throw in laundry.

If we stay on property on the way back I don't think we will rent a car...but how quick can the buses get us back to the resort/park area since we really want to get a full day at the parks on Sunday??

Decisions Decisions??

We're in the same boat (figuratively & literally). :rolleyes:

We’ve stayed at DW during Christmas, and high-tailed it out before New Year’s before. I checked the prices at the Poly just for giggles, and the couple of days before the cruise it’s $655 a night w/Garden view (OUCH)! So much for that plan. After the cruise, the price goes to $475 per night, still not low season, but not bad.

The one new element that’s causing us to hold off even more is that our daughter will be in the Disney College Internship, so we won’t need park passes, but we don’t know yet if there’re any perks for staying on-site. So along with that comes the entire transportation issue. We’ve never had a problem with the DME transportation when doing the parks – and the few times we’ve stayed off-site, we never had a problem with renting a car. We’ve also done the town-car services in the “olden days” before the DME – but for just the two of us, it’s not cost-saving.

Doing a cruise has me re-evaluating everything now. Not sure if we’ll rent a car in order to get to the ship earlier than the buses, but then there’s the whole renting one-way, checking in and out, and cost including gas & tolls. I think if we end up staying onsite, we’ll forgo the hassle and ride the DCL bus.

Hey – HAPPY 200 DAYS TODAY!!!! :woohoo:

We’ve stayed at DW during Christmas, and high-tailed it out before New Year’s before. I checked the prices at the Poly just for giggles, and the couple of days before the cruise it’s $655 a night w/Garden view (OUCH)! So much for that plan. After the cruise, the price goes to $475 per night, still not low season, but not bad.

The one new element that’s causing us to hold off even more is that our daughter will be in the Disney College Internship, so we won’t need park passes, but we don’t know yet if there’re any perks for staying on-site. So along with that comes the entire transportation issue. We’ve never had a problem with the DME transportation when doing the parks – and the few times we’ve stayed off-site, we never had a problem with renting a car. We’ve also done the town-car services in the “olden days” before the DME – but for just the two of us, it’s not cost-saving.

Doing a cruise has me re-evaluating everything now. Not sure if we’ll rent a car in order to get to the ship earlier than the buses, but then there’s the whole renting one-way, checking in and out, and cost including gas & tolls. I think if we end up staying onsite, we’ll forgo the hassle and ride the DCL bus.

$200 plus for a value!! :scared1: I need to do some other math options and come up with something. I've already tentatively reserved a car for the trip back since we're staying a few days after the cruise and will probably stay off site so we can spread out.

I just can't see paying $200 for a value!!

And the price of cars that week is outrageous. I reserved a car for something like $320 for a week, but if I were to reserve now it would be like $650. :scared1: Haven't decided if we are going to keep the car though. I originally booked it because we were hoping for a reservation at AKL (we are DVC members) for a few nights before the cruise, but we could not get a reservation at AKL. Instead it looks like we will be staying at BLT.

Booking tomorrow for this cruise! Surprise to my wife for an anniversary. My daughter will be ending her Disney College Program around this same time - but she's staying ashore for this one!

Can't wait to meet some of you! :mickeyjum

So EXCITED!!! I can't believe we are finally going on our cruise!!! What a huge anniversary surprise!!! My husband is the greatest! Can't wait to spend time with him on the cruise we have talked about for a long time now! Hooray!!

Been pricing flights and I know people gripe about Spirit, but their flights are SO MUCH cheaper...(even with the additional fees) and I like the scheduled times of the flights.....I'll feel better once I just bite the bullet and make a decision Lol!

I'm researching beach front hotels in Cocoa Beach right now. We're going to stay on the beach the night before and just relax in the morning and get to the port around noon so we don't have to wait in the crowded terminal. Plus, I don't like walking around the ship with my carry on bags, so we like to wait to board until closer to the time when our room is ready.

I'm researching beach front hotels in Cocoa Beach right now. We're going to stay on the beach the night before and just relax in the morning and get to the port around noon so we don't have to wait in the crowded terminal. Plus, I don't like walking around the ship with my carry on bags, so we like to wait to board until closer to the time when our room is ready.

Call the Doubletree. They gave me a better rate over the phone than online. Its right on the ocean. I booked 2 rooms (park and stay rate) - 2 doubles, partial ocean view with balcony - $119 with taxes. They offer a shuttle to the port for $5 each way. Good reviews on Tripadvisor.

J

Call the Doubletree. They gave me a better rate over the phone than online. Its right on the ocean. I booked 2 rooms (park and stay rate) - 2 doubles, partial ocean view with balcony - $119 with taxes. They offer a shuttle to the port for $5 each way. Good reviews on Tripadvisor.

J

Thanks for the info!! :thumbsup2

Hey I just realized that our day as Sea is the first full day!! I think I will like that!

Hey I just realized that our day as Sea is the first full day!! I think I will like that!

Yes! I was so excited when I saw this when we booked. For newb's like my wife and I, it will be a great opportunity to get to know the ship.

Anyone sailed during this time of year before? Recommendations?

We cruised in December once and the weather was really nice except the water at Castaway Cay was FREEZING!!

Looking at my Disney Reward Dollars from my Visa and also my "vacation" bank account to see how much money I'm going to have saved for the trip. I've got $411 reward dollars so far and I think a $50 on board credit. Looking back at our credit card statement for our cruise last summer DH and I spent about $450 on the cruise (not sure on what since we didn't do any excursions or anything and I didn't think we drank that much Lol!)

I also need to budget for our 4 days at WDW afterwards! :thumbsup2

Happy 6-month countdown dance...:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3:party:

Tomorrow we get to celebrate being in the 5-MONTH range!!!

I just found my navigators and cruise information from the cruise I took last summer....makes me all the more excited!!!! :cool1:

Hey All,

We just got back from a Disney Dream Cruise in June. It was so wonderful, we decided to make it a Christmas present for ourselves. We did fish extenders on our cruise in June.... Any interest in doing them this cruise? i will organize if people want to......

Hey All,

We just got back from a Disney Dream Cruise in June. It was so wonderful, we decided to make it a Christmas present for ourselves. We did fish extenders on our cruise in June.... Any interest in doing them this cruise? i will organize if people want to......

This is our first cruise - and we're w/o kids, so I hate to be a party-pooper but we'll pass this time. I will watch with interest to see how you folks do it!

Michelle - I believe you started our cruise thread, do you plan to use your first post and keep a "running tab" of everyone going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter