• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan 2 2013 Dream Cruise

Looks like our cruise is sold out. I find that weird, but when I go to Disney cruise reservations it doesn't pop up as an option! :confused3

It looks like rooms are left for less than 4, but all rooms for a party of 4 are sold out! I'm not surprised either. My kids are out all week for the holidays. I'm actually surprised DCL didn't bump up the price even more given that so many kids are still out. Lucky for us!!

Will the ship still be decorated for Christmas?

Jodie

My kids are out all week for the holidays. I'm actually surprised DCL didn't bump up the price even more given that so many kids are still out. Lucky for us!!

Will the ship still be decorated for Christmas?

Jodie

That's why we booked this date. Kids don't go back until the 7th. They will miss school on the 7th though because flying home Monday instead of Sunday saves me several hundred dollars, even factoring in hotel and parking at home airport.

My wife is a teacher - and after a few years of "shopping," this cruise was the perfect alignment of vacation and cost. That plus the need to pick up our DD from the Disney Internship.

Hey - we're past 130 days!!!

Please post here after your trip and let me know how the weather is!! I want to book on the disney dream for Jan 2014 to celebrate my 30th birthday!! I would love to hear all your details regarding your trip!!

Forgot to do a 4-month happy dance! :woohoo:

So for you Disney Cruise vets - as October looms over the horizon, besides unloading the dump-truck of dollars to the magical mouse, what should we be preparing for? What excursions do you recommend? What reservations should be made? What else???

Forgot to do a 4-month happy dance! :woohoo:

So for you Disney Cruise vets - as October looms over the horizon, besides unloading the dump-truck of dollars to the magical mouse, what should we be preparing for? What excursions do you recommend? What reservations should be made? What else???

I still can't decide if we're going to do an excursion or not. :confused3 I'm a planner at WDW but on cruises I like to just go with the flow and relax all day! :beach:

I may get the girls the sea lion encounter at Blue Lagoon but not sure.

We are going... Christmas surprise for my girls as well! Me, dh, and dd's- 17,15,11,& 9/10 (birthday on board!)
We have 2 rooms (7th floor aka party level!) If we decide to do fe's, how does that work? Give one for/ from each person or room?
Thanks for any input!:)

We haven't decided on excursions yet. I was looking at a port schedule and saw there were several other ships and a port load of 14,000+ in Nassau that day. Seems like a lot, but maybe I'm just too new to it all?

We will be joining all of you. This will be our first cruise and a little holiday surprise for the kids.

Me (Brian), DS (10) and DD (4)

We are going... Christmas surprise for my girls as well! Me, dh, and dd's- 17,15,11,& 9/10 (birthday on board!)
We have 2 rooms (7th floor aka party level!) If we decide to do fe's, how does that work? Give one for/ from each person or room?
Thanks for any input!:)

Welcome Virtigo! Glad to have you on-board! The Fish Extender contact for our cruise is Jsteele - you can find a past post from her on this thread.

We will be joining all of you. This will be our first cruise and a little holiday surprise for the kids.

Welcome to the party-in-progress, Burger! You've got a couple of lucky kids - have you broken the news to them yet?

Thanks for the welcome - they know we are going somewhere when we got passports. I haven't decided when or how to give them the news. Getting excited - booked MCO Hyatt on reward points for the day before and managed to get tickets on Southwest on their lowest fares.

Thanks for the welcome - they know we are going somewhere when we got passports. I haven't decided when or how to give them the news. Getting excited - booked MCO Hyatt on reward points for the day before and managed to get tickets on Southwest on their lowest fares.

Welcome!!! I'll add you to the list on the front page as soon as I have a second! We're flying Southwest and staying at the MCO too! Not flying in until late on the 1st so I'm glad we're staying at the airport!

You know about DCL's phone call from Mickey announcing your cruise? This is how I told my wife! :earboy2:

For those that have cruised before...

If you drop-off family at the port and then one leaves to drop the rental car, can you go through the security gates separately? Specifically the first one by the parking garage where you have to give room number and show id?

We didn't know you could this summer, so DH waited with the 2 girls outside until I got back from dropping car. It only took 45 minutes, but 4 y/o DD was about to drive him nuts waiting on the sidewalk.

For those that have cruised before...

If you drop-off family at the port and then one leaves to drop the rental car, can you go through the security gates separately? Specifically the first one by the parking garage where you have to give room number and show id?

We didn't know you could this summer, so DH waited with the 2 girls outside until I got back from dropping car. It only took 45 minutes, but 4 y/o DD was about to drive him nuts waiting on the sidewalk.

Yes - you can go in separately (or at least you could when I last cruised in '09). Our family did the same thing a few years back. DH dropped us off and took the car back to the hotel.

Jodie

Yea!!! Paid in full again!! I was paid in full before but decided to add Disney transportation to the port at the beginning of the cruise so I just now paid that off! Oct 4th I can start booking excursions! :cool1:

We're waiting until the wire - keeping final payment in savings. It will feel good to have that taken care of, though. Looks like we're going to drive down - our daughter in the College Program will be returning home with us, and we'll need to pack her up. Should be a fun trip down - just the DW & me!

Yes - you can go in separately (or at least you could when I last cruised in '09). Our family did the same thing a few years back. DH dropped us off and took the car back to the hotel.

Jodie

Thanks, Jodie! I think the wait will be much more tolerable in the building. Once we went in, everyone did a bathroom stop and then check-in and boarding went very quickly since they were already past our number. She didn't get to see the ship model or anything while there.

Now if I can just keep this to myself for another 99 days, 14 hours the girls will have an awesome Christmas surprise! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter