Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who answered all my ridiculous questions before our trip. We got back last weekend...what an amazing amazing vacation. Animal Kingdom Lodge was phenomenal. I seriously can't say enough wonderful things about it. We had a savanna view room on the zebra trail and there were animals outside our balcony every morning. We were right by the elevators, which meant a quick walk to the Mara, and within a day or two my husband and I had a system where I would run down for coffee while he was in the shower and I would drink my coffee on the balcony and watch the animals have their breakfast. The room itself was nice - very clean (almost too clean...my only complaint is that there was a strong cleaner smell in our room...I probably should have asked if mouskeeping could use less of the cleaners, but it didn't occur to me until the end of the trip) and comfortable. Was glad we packed a nightlight and pop up hampers - was able to keep everything neat. No towel animals (not even a mickey head) but a couple of days mousekeeping did arrange my daughter's stuffed animals on the bed which was fun. We ate twice at Boma - one dinner, one brunch - and both were fabulous. We also ate at the Mara a LOT - most days we had breakfast there and I think we ended up back for dinner 5 nights. We actually really liked it - by the time we got back after a full day at the park we were hungry and it was tasty. :) I really liked the chicken pita and the Mara chicken salad - ordered them both multiple times - and my husband and daughter both really enjoyed the stew. My daughter did a few of the activities and really liked earning beads. If you're around for the African music activity, definitely do it. She loved it and we LOVED watching it - it was awesome. CMs were all great - we noticed tons of people cleaning up everywhere and everyone was so nice and friendly and helpful. We didn't have a lot of requests - extra towels one day and a late checkout on the day we left - and both were easily accommodated. The whole trip was just fabulous - already starting to save to go again! :)

That's usually the response, LoL & as much as you'd like to see other resorts, it's very hard to forego staying here...AGAIN:teeth:

Glad you had a great trip.

:scratchin------->:confused3 Uhmm I don't know.
depositphotos_123690896-stock-illustration-zipped-mouth-smiley.jpg

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who answered all my ridiculous questions before our trip. We got back last weekend...what an amazing amazing vacation. Animal Kingdom Lodge was phenomenal. I seriously can't say enough wonderful things about it. We had a savanna view room on the zebra trail and there were animals outside our balcony every morning. We were right by the elevators, which meant a quick walk to the Mara, and within a day or two my husband and I had a system where I would run down for coffee while he was in the shower and I would drink my coffee on the balcony and watch the animals have their breakfast. The room itself was nice - very clean (almost too clean...my only complaint is that there was a strong cleaner smell in our room...I probably should have asked if mouskeeping could use less of the cleaners, but it didn't occur to me until the end of the trip) and comfortable. Was glad we packed a nightlight and pop up hampers - was able to keep everything neat. No towel animals (not even a mickey head) but a couple of days mousekeeping did arrange my daughter's stuffed animals on the bed which was fun. We ate twice at Boma - one dinner, one brunch - and both were fabulous. We also ate at the Mara a LOT - most days we had breakfast there and I think we ended up back for dinner 5 nights. We actually really liked it - by the time we got back after a full day at the park we were hungry and it was tasty. :) I really liked the chicken pita and the Mara chicken salad - ordered them both multiple times - and my husband and daughter both really enjoyed the stew. My daughter did a few of the activities and really liked earning beads. If you're around for the African music activity, definitely do it. She loved it and we LOVED watching it - it was awesome. CMs were all great - we noticed tons of people cleaning up everywhere and everyone was so nice and friendly and helpful. We didn't have a lot of requests - extra towels one day and a late checkout on the day we left - and both were easily accommodated. The whole trip was just fabulous - already starting to save to go again! :)
....wow, sounds like you REALLY had a great, memorable vacay....like I've said many times before, this place can be ADDICTING, which isn't necessarily a bad thing....;)

....wow, sounds like you REALLY had a great, memorable vacay....like I've said many times before, this place can be ADDICTING, which isn't necessarily a bad thing....;)

Uhm, Really Not a bad thing,? What about for the ---->upload_2017-2-14_19-26-36.jpeg

[QUOTE="maranara, post: 57122835, We also ate at the Mara a LOT - most days we had breakfast there and I think we ended up back for dinner 5 nights. We actually really liked it - by the time we got back after a full day at the park we were hungry and it was tasty. :) I really liked the chicken pita and the Mara chicken salad - ordered them both multiple times -[/QUOTE]

Glad you had fun! We also had many meals at the Mara. The chicken pita was my favorite!

After years of dreaming of AKL savannah view rooms, thinking we could never afford them, we are booked!! Our first AKL STAY IS BOOKED for sept 10-18 at kidani. Loving our DVC, staying in all the rooms we never thought we could do. I am so looking forward to having coffee on my balcony here. Is there a separate thread for kidani?

After years of dreaming of AKL savannah view rooms, thinking we could never afford them, we are booked!! Our first AKL STAY IS BOOKED for sept 10-18 at kidani. Loving our DVC, staying in all the rooms we never thought we could do. I am so looking forward to having coffee on my balcony here. Is there a separate thread for kidani?

Congrats & have a great trip. Try here, this has some other info that might help.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-official-akv-owners-and-lovers-thread-come-and-chat.1815576/

....:scratchin.....I don't think so, but I am not totally sure....of course, you are always welcome to post here.....;)

did online check in the other day and hoping the next 58 days flyyyyyyy

I am at 58 days too. First time staying at AKL and can't wait. I usually skip Animal Kingdom as it used to be my least favorite park but decided to try it again this time. My husband has never been to Animal Kingdom. I am hoping we love this lodge and enjoy Animal Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter