Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
Welcome to the latest installment of the Animal Kingdom Lodge Information and FAQ thread:

disney-s-animal-kingdom.jpg

With sweeping views of the 33-acre savanna that features free-roaming animals and birds, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge celebrates not only Africa's wildlife, but also its art, food and culture. Discover authentic African architecture and design, from thatched ceilings to hand-carved wooden furniture. The lobby showcases a large mud fireplace and natural lighting design, which accentuates breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. At night, the Savannah is lit by artificial moonlight.

African story-telling takes place each night around the firepit at 7:30 p.m.

new.gif
Animal Kingdom Lodge is now offering a Bush Camp for kids, with games, activities, food tasting, and crafts, as well as the chance to explore animals on the savanna and play with a character from the Lion King. The camp is offered on Saturdays,
1-4 p.m. at Simba's Cubhouse, and costs $70 plus tax ($20 goes to Wildlife Conservation Fund). You can make reservations by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is designed to encourage observation of Africa's amazing wildlife from either the comfort of your room or common vistas throughout the resort. Please refrain from feeding the animals or dropping items into the habitats. While at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, please do not attempt to cross the barriers designed for guest and animal safety. If any guests attempt to harm the animals or their habitats, they will be immediately asked to leave the resort.

There are three separate savannahs. These savannahs can be viewed from Sunset Overlook, an overlook near Uzima Pool, alcoves along Kudu Trail (second floor, rocking chairs, high-powered binoculars) and Zebra Trail, and the Kopje (a large observation area that extends into the savannah.

maxresdefault.jpg

Stop by and talk to the Lobby Greeters, Savanna Guides or Restaurant Greeters, as they are Cultural Representatives from Africa and love to share more about their homeland. Also, there are activities throughout the resort to allow you to learn more - contact Guest Services for more information on these activities.

The Bus Stop is located outside, adjacent to the front entrance. From the entrance of the lobby, exit the building. Follow the covered walkway on your left to the Bus Stop. There is also an exit from the Zawadi Marketplace that leads you to the bus stop.

Dining *Please note: Dining Plans are not being offered at this time.
Boma - "Flavors of Africa" captures the essence of a vibrant African marketplace. Savor the unique African dining experience, influenced by many cultures, in this family restaurant. Offering a buffet for both breakfast and dinner, Boma features an exhibit kitchen, wood-burning grill and rotisserie, all under traditional thatched roofs.

Breakfast is served from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Dinner is served from 4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Priority seating suggested. Call up to 60 days in advance.
Breakfast:
Adult Price:
$29.50
Child Price (ages 3 – 9): $15.85

Dinner:
Adult Price:
$49.60
Child Price (ages 3 – 9): $27.43
Prices vary by season and include tax, but not gratuity.
Meal Plan accepted - 1 dining credit.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jiko - "The Cooking Place" is a casual restaurant that features Modern African Cuisine with vibrant stylish atmosphere and an exclusive South African wine list. Focusing on simple and light cuisine, Jiko exudes spirit and refinement with an emphasis on the freshest ingredients. With twin wood-burning ovens as its icon, Jiko's design represents an abstract perspective of Africa. Appetizers cost approximately $10.50 to $19.25. Dinners run approximately $30.50 to $55.00. Desserts are about $11.00 to $18.00. Jiko also offers a variety of specialty teas, which range from $5.95 to $6.89, and they also serve a wonderful Zebratini, and boast the largest selection of African wines outside Africa.

Meal Plan accepted - 2 dining credits

190764.jpg

The Mara - fast food from a food court. You can get Tandoori chicken pizza, salads, sandwiches and other quick food items here. Open 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Mobil orders strongly suggested.

Meal Plan accepted - 1 counter-service credit

Mara%2021.jpg

Victoria Falls - Overlooking Boma, is the perfect spot to enjoy specialty coffees, teas, and a variety of beverages throughout your stay. Relax with family and friends in these spirited surroundings and soak up the rich heritage of Africa. Open 4:30 p.m. to 12:00 midnight.

Uzima Springs - "The Watering Hole" - Here you can quench your thirst with a variety of frozen African specialty drinks. This relaxing pool bar is the perfect place to pull up a chair and take a break from the sun. Open 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Private Dining - Room service is available from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight. You may even pre-order from the menu and enjoy a breathtaking sunrise or sunset on your balcony. Touch DINING OPTIONS on your guest room telephone.
[ * All prices subject to change without notice. * ]

Zahanti Massage & Fitness Center
Maintain your fitness schedule with the latest in exercise equipment. And don't leave out the pampering spa services featured here, such as facials, body treatments, and an array of massages. Saunas and steam rooms are also available. Note: There is a fee for use of the Fitness Center. The Fitness Center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Massages are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Touch MASSAGE/HEALTH CLUB on your guest room telephone.

Pumbaa's Fun & Games Arcade
Test your skills on some of the newest video games available, as well as some legendary arcade favorites. Located next to the Mara Restaurant, the arcade is a challenge that can't be missed.

wilderness-lodge-buttons-and-bells-arcade-2.jpg

Simba's Activity Center
71671-86343ed02a22dbed9d0ad3329902ac22.jpg

Kids love the activities here. Children 4 to 12 years of age are supervised and treated to classic Disney films, and Arts and Crafts, among other activities. Reservations should be made 24 hours in advance. Touch DINING OPTIONS on your guest room telephone or call 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463). Hours of operation: 4:30 p.m. to 12:00 midnight.

Check-in and Check-out
Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. For early travelers, every effort is made to get you settled in as soon as possible [Guest Services can text you when your room is ready]. Check-out time is before 11:00 a.m. Express check-out is available to guests with American Express, MasterCard, Visa, The Disney Credit Card, Discover, Diner's Club or JCB. On the morning of your departure, those with Express Check-Out will have a copy of your account delivered to you early in the morning. Note that there is no late check-out at this resort. Use this link to check out resort rates:

http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/resort-hotels/faq/animal-kingdom-lodge/rates/#2017

https://cache.undercovertourist.com/blog/2014/04/room-beds.jpg

Zawadi Marketplace
Zawadi Marketplace celebrates the colorful world of African art and culture. Here, you can find memories of your journey and observe native artisans demonstrating their crafts in a rich, dynamic market atmosphere. This shopping location is an attraction in itself, with authentic artifacts and handcrafted treasures that are displayed amid natural finishes, patterns and textiles. Hours of operation: 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

http://**************.net/wp-conten...om-Lodge-from-**************.net-1280x853.jpg

Can I pet or feed the animals?
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is designed to encourage observation of Africa's amazing wildlife from either the comfort of your room or common vistas throughout the resort. Animal-feeding is strictly forbidden; please refrain from feeding the animals or dropping items into the habitats. While at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, please do not attempt to cross the barriers designed for guest and animal safety. If any guests attempt to harm the animals or their habitats, they will be immediately asked to leave the resort.

There are three separate savannahs. These savannahs can be viewed from Sunset Overlook, an overlook near Uzima Pool, alcoves along Kudu Trail (second floor, rocking chairs, high-powered binoculars) and Zebra Trail, and the Kopje (a large observation area that extends into the savannah).

What's the address and contact info for Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas?

The hotel's address is: 2901 Osceola Parkway, Bay Lake, FL 32830.
Main phone number is: 407-938-3000
Fax number is: 407-938-4799

Zahanati Fitness Center phone number (to schedule spa treatments) is: 407-938-4715

Resort Itinerary Planning Office phone number is: 407-938-4755

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX052.jpg

Last edited:

Jumping in on the new thread early. I'll be there in May...we visited it for the first time last week for lunch and were blown away by how gorgeous it is. Can't wait for my first stay in a few months.

Hey Kim, how are you?? LONG time since I've been around here!!! Hope you had an amazing Christmas!! New Thread looks awesome!!!

....thanks......I still have those Mickey wine glasses, btw.....;)

Awwww, I still haven't gotten myself any of those glasses............. I need to fix that!!! LOL - He is 17 now, driving and pretty much grown...... time flies!!!! How are all your kiddos??

....oh my! :eek:

.....we've moved 2 towns from our old home and the boys tagged along - :rotfl:
[Todd is 30, Jesse is 28, and Dylan is 22! Where DOES the time go?]

So all your boys are at home?? Didn't one get married? Are you on FB?? I talk to Brandi, Elin, Laura and a few others there a lot!! :)

I see you guys might go in April....... we're headed back for Mardi Gras, was lucky enough to get the Poly!!! We were just there for Halloween for 12 days, Kris came over from Hawaii, it was the grandbabies first trip, they LOVED it!!! They LOVED Kidani and all the animals!!

Ahhh OK - ;) I'm dreading the day Jr goes to college - I'm going to be lost!!! I told him he could NEVER move out!!! haha

It was really good talking to you, gotta run. I'll try to get back so we can catch up some more!!! Hugs my friend!

So all your boys are at home?? Didn't one get married? Are you on FB?? I talk to Brandi, Elin, Laura and a few others there a lot!! :)
.....what I MEANT was that yes, they are still at home, and no, none of them are married....also, I don't know if you remember my brother, who had a lot of health issues - he passed away July of 2015.

Why do they not offer late check out here?
....they did, a few years back, but the recent info that I was able to obtain was that, no, there is no late check-out available. However, the policy could have changed again [of which I am not aware] and it might be offered again. I suggest checking with AKL directly....good luck - hope that helps! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!