Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Sorry if this is in the wrong place:
We are using the meal plan for our meals in the park but want to try to use a snack credit for breakfast at The Mara. What would be the best "filling" snack credit breakfast items like a large muffin or the like? I've seen several pictures of the menus and one picture of the freezer but would like the expert opinions :) Thank you!

Check this link. They have the Mara menu and marked what are snacks with DDP snack symbol. It'll give you a good idea of what to get! Some options look like oatmeal and a bagel with cream cheese. Have fun!

Last edited:
I have a question. I am very excited to be staying in a pool view bunk bed room at AKL in Dec 17. A co-worker just returned and did nothing but complain about the bus system. She said buses were always full since they pick up at Kidani first and normal wait time to board a bus was 45 minutes. I am getting nervous and I am hoping that some of you can post some good transportation stories for me. I am so excited to stay there for the first time!!
We just got back last night - the busses were great. There was no one on our bus when it arrived each morning, so I don't think they went to Kidani first. At night, we had to drop off Kidani first (except from MK) but it wasn't a big deal. It's funny - I was worried about the busses, but they were so easy. The bus ride is really exaggerated - even to MK it was a quick ride. The only time we had a bus issue was getting to AK (which was funny, since that's the one that should have been easy). We JUST missed a bus by less then a minute, and the man in charge of busses told us it would probably be about 10 minutes. For 30 minutes we watched bus after bus after bus come, but none for AK. We DID hear him make multiple phone calls to try to figure out what was happening - at one point DH heard him yell at someone about it - and by the time a bus came there were so many people waiting that they didn't all get on. But considering how little we waited for busses the rest of the trip, it really wasn't a big deal.

Hi! Can anyone please tell me if there are showers/changing areas near the pool (Jambo?) We are arriving early in the day (our plane lands at 8:15 am) and then have a 3:45 dinner reservation at 'Ohana at the Polynesian. I know our room might not be ready before we need to leave for our 'Ohana reservation, but we wanted to pack our bathing suits in our carryon to enjoy the pool when we first arrive. I just wanted to make sure we'd have a place to clean up before we leave for dinner if our room is not ready. :)
Thanks!

Hi! Can anyone please tell me if there are showers/changing areas near the pool (Jambo?) We are arriving early in the day (our plane lands at 8:15 am) and then have a 3:45 dinner reservation at 'Ohana at the Polynesian. I know our room might not be ready before we need to leave for our 'Ohana reservation, but we wanted to pack our bathing suits in our carryon to enjoy the pool when we first arrive. I just wanted to make sure we'd have a place to clean up before we leave for dinner if our room is not ready. :)
Thanks!

Yes - the bathrooms near the pool and the mara have showers and changing facilities so pack your swimsuit and enjoy :beach:

Hi. Question. I've read and been told varying information on commute times. In all honesty, can someone please tell me how long it takes to get from AKL to the MK?

Thanks!
....it's next to the arcade near the kiddie pool - and, if memory serves me right, I think that I recall small lockers there, where you can store your belongings.....anyone want to confirm that?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place:
We are using the meal plan for our meals in the park but want to try to use a snack credit for breakfast at The Mara. What would be the best "filling" snack credit breakfast items like a large muffin or the like? I've seen several pictures of the menus and one picture of the freezer but would like the expert opinions :) Thank you!
IMG_9972.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter