Jambo House Construction

Katie in the Castle

Earning My Ears
Hello! I just managed to book a deluxe studio savanna view at Jambo House for the third week in November 2019 (11/17 - 11/22). I have read that there is construction going on and was wondering if anyone knows what areas will be affected during this time and what rooms are the best to request. I have never even visited Animal Kingdom Lodge, so this all a very new and exciting experience! Thanks in advance!

You might check out the AKL resort hotel thread on the Resorts boards since the work actually involves those rooms and not the DVC rooms. DVC takes up the 5th floor of the resort so yes, you could still have some impact if they were working below the section you were in but I'm actually guessing you probably won't have any issues. The last time I did look it sounded like the work was progressing nicely. Maybe they'll even be done by then?

I am interested in this, too. We will be there from 11/27-12/1. I know the DVC value rooms are not bookable starting on 12/1 due to the construction in the area. Just wondering what the construction time table looks like. I couldn't find anything on the Resorts board.

Per reports on the AKL resort thread it sounds like they are still working on the Zebra Trail rooms but that a lot of them have already been done. My impression was that the Kudu trail has not been worked on yet. By November I would request a room on Zebra trail as they should be done with it by then I would guess.

Per reports on the AKL resort thread it sounds like they are still working on the Zebra Trail rooms but that a lot of them have already been done. My impression was that the Kudu trail has not been worked on yet. By November I would request a room on Zebra trail as they should be done with it by then I would guess.
This information will probably help the OP. My issue is that I cannot request a room since I have values booked. I just wonder if there is construction still going on if it will be anywhere near the values. If Kudu is being worked on, will it affect the savanna? I am really hoping for a savanna view as we have only been able to get pool view with all the many values we have booked in the past.

Kudu trail was done first and is either already done or almost entirely done. The last I saw reported they were working on some rooms at the end closest to the lobby, but that was some weeks ago so may well be done by now.

Zebra trail they started when they had just a bit of Kudu trail left to do. AFAIK they are still working on Zebra.

SW

My understanding is that the current refurb concerns AKL hotel rooms (and hallways) not the DVC rooms (the Jambo DVC rooms were refurbed a few years ago). Except for Ostrich and Giraffe Trails, which are the hallways at the front of the building on which the values are on, there are no hotel rooms on the fifth or sixth floor, only DVC rooms. That would mean you can get any DVC room except for the values (which are out of service for most of December 2019 and Jan 2020) because no work is being done on those DVC rooms or on the fifth floor hallways along Kudo or Zebra Trail (e.g., all the Jambo savanna view rooms are open for occupancy). As to a location request for a savanna view studio (all of which are on the fifth floor), my personal preference is for a room overlooking the Arusha Savanna, away from the lobby, along Zebra Trail. Views are very good there, the pool and bus station are on that side of the building, and those rooms face west so you can see pleasant sunsets but avoid getting blinding sun coming into the room in the morning.

I have a value studio booked for the first week of December, how can they all be out of service ???

I have a value studio booked for the first week of December, how can they all be out of service ???

Nobody can figure that one out. It seems like they go out of service the second week though.

I think they changed the message on the website for them though and now say they are out of service Dec thru Spring!

As to a location request for a savanna view studio (all of which are on the fifth floor), my personal preference is for a room overlooking the Arusha Savanna, away from the lobby, along Zebra Trail. Views are very good there, the pool and bus station are on that side of the building, and those rooms face west so you can see pleasant sunsets but avoid getting blinding sun coming into the room in the morning.

How long is the walk to the lobby/center if you request this?

I had a room for December 7 2019 with dvc point for concierge and received a call that they are doing rehab on the room so had to move me to savannah room. I will be aloud to go up and get food.

I had a room for December 7 2019 with dvc point for concierge and received a call that they are doing rehab on the room so had to move me to savannah room. I will be aloud to go up and get food.

This is so weird. Those rooms were just rehabbed in 2017 as were the Value rooms. I know they sped up the schedule but I'm pretty certain not that quick! And there is nothing else on the 6th floor with the Concierge rooms other than the lounge that might take it out because of work in the hallways.

My I have club level DVC studio reserved from the 8th onward for several nights. As of this typing (9/15/19) I have not been alerted to any changes.

Last edited:
I have a club 1BD from December 5-9 and have also not been advised of any changes.

I know that they moved the occupants of the savannah-facing Club rooms due to noise in the summer, but I am not sure why they would need to move anyone else since I was told that the DVC club floor would be pretty much unaffected from here on in, in August.

I wonder if PP is being moved because they actually need to do work on a specific room and they are only booked for a single night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!