Jackets for men at Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Still the policy?? Do they have jacket on hand that a man may borrow for just that one evening???

Jackets are required at dinner, or at least they were pre-Covid. It is my understanding that they have a limited number of loaner jackets available. Jackets are not required for Remy brunch.

I wear a tux. Fun to dress up

Wow!! That's cool. I go the complete other direction and enjoy wearing a linen suit, because I feel like it's very summer-y and nice for a cruise.

I think with Remy (Palo too) it is so hard for them to be able to tell sometimes with the dress code. My go to story is being asked to change my Ferragamo sandals at Palo because they are technically open toed (even though you can't see any toes...) and they are about $700 shoes lol. I always bring backup dress shoes that I wear for Remy anyways, but still was shocked. I'm sure the host isn't able to decipher those types of nuances.

Wow!! That's cool. I go the complete other direction and enjoy wearing a linen suit, because I feel like it's very summer-y and nice for a cruise.

I think with Remy (Palo too) it is so hard for them to be able to tell sometimes with the dress code. My go to story is being asked to change my Ferragamo sandals at Palo because they are technically open toed (even though you can't see any toes...) and they are about $700 shoes lol. I always bring backup dress shoes that I wear for Remy anyways, but still was shocked. I'm sure the host isn't able to decipher those types of nuances.

As someone who worked at a golf club that had a dress code of requiring a collared shirt to play, even on the driving range, I always hated this argument of "This shirt cost me $X! I should be able to wear it!" like it was somehow the price of the clothing that drove the dress code. I mean I had a $800 genuine Italian leather thong and tank top combo that I tried to break out once on the golf course, oddly enough they turned me away. In the end, if the dress code says no open toed shoes, I wouldn't care if you're wearing $1 flip flops from Old Navy or $10,000 diamond studded sandals. Businesses have rules and patrons should abide by them without putting the employees in an awkward situation, no matter how ridiculous the rule is on the surface.

As someone who worked at a golf club that had a dress code of requiring a collared shirt to play, even on the driving range, I always hated this argument of "This shirt cost me $X! I should be able to wear it!" like it was somehow the price of the clothing that drove the dress code. I mean I had a $800 genuine Italian leather thong and tank top combo that I tried to break out once on the golf course, oddly enough they turned me away. In the end, if the dress code says no open toed shoes, I wouldn't care if you're wearing $1 flip flops from Old Navy or $10,000 diamond studded sandals. Businesses have rules and patrons should abide by them without putting the employees in an awkward situation, no matter how ridiculous the rule is on the surface.
Hopefully I was clear that in this instance I was more than happy to switch out my shoes! Certainly wasn't complaining to the host, they're just doing their jobs. Really I thought I could try it given how many people I have seen wearing black sneakers in there.

Hopefully I was clear that in this instance I was more than happy to switch out my shoes! Certainly wasn't complaining to the host, they're just doing their jobs. Really I thought I could try it given how many people I have seen wearing black sneakers in there.
Oh the joys of working with the public… I knew it was wrong but did it anyway

For me it's a question of comfort--plus not having to pack a jacket and dress shirt just for a couple of hours at dinner.

pak the jak or skip the dinner ..... easy peasy .....

Roll the bugger up and stuff in a corner of the bag ... they don't say it has to be a NICE jacket :rotfl2: :confused3

When I was in Meridian on the Fantasy, a CM opened a closet in the bar to retrieve a jacket and shoes...the storage area had a large number of shoe boxes and jackets hung up...

pak the jak or skip the dinner ..... easy peasy .....

Roll the bugger up and stuff in a corner of the bag ... they don't say it has to be a NICE jacket :rotfl2: :confused3
We traveled with friends who just didn’t dress up in their everyday life, so didn’t have a suit jacket. We told them about the dress code for Remy so the DH went to Goodwill and bought a suit jacket for $5. It looked great at Remy!

flip side

I'd been retired for a bit and Mrs decided we were doing a Queen Mary II ocean crossing.

I'd not worn a jacket for years .....

They DO have a dress code and they DO enforce it<CUNARD> ..... if you decide you won't play you are VERY restricted as to where you can go on the ship after 6PM

Spent over $1000 on wardrobe just for ME to take the cruise!!!!!

But don't regret one bit either .....

<sometimes you do things to please the other . . . .>

I'd not worn a jacket for years

Just wondering if you could have worn your mess dress for formal evenings? My dad has done so, but the blue of the Air Force does not look like any of the ship's officers.

The picture is beautiful!

So dumb. Hope they relax the dress code. Im not going to pack a jacket and shoes just for a dinner. It’s a vacation and should be casual. But this is coming from the guy who thinks you should be able to wear shorts to the office everyday. Stricter dress code doesn’t change the quality of the dinner, but just allows people to be more comfortable.

So dumb. Hope they relax the dress code. Im not going to pack a jacket and shoes just for a dinner. It’s a vacation and should be casual. But this is coming from the guy who thinks you should be able to wear shorts to the office everyday. Stricter dress code doesn’t change the quality of the dinner, but just allows people to be more comfortable.

Then don't go to Remy. Yes, it is your vacation, but you are not the only one on it.

Our simple answer with the dress code is unconventional but works. We are two gay men who never dress up. Since women are not required to wear a coat, we just say we are transgender women. Then they can’t require a coat. I don’t believe in having different dress codes for different sexes but still it is Disney’s rule to make. We follow the rules as we identify as trans women that night. Never had a problem :)

This attitude is why the allure of main dining rooms has diminished and more people want to go to the specialty dining. Please don't drag it down too. Eat pizza and burgers by the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter