Jackets for men at Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This attitude is why the allure of main dining rooms has diminished and more people want to go to the specialty dining. Please don't drag it down too. Eat pizza and burgers by the pool.
Wow. The allure of the main dining rooms? It’s friggin dinner. I am glad I can enjoy my vacation (or anything else for that matter) with my family and not be impacted by what other people are wearing. How others behave is one thing, but dress doesn’t matter. And I will continue to voice to DCL that they are missing out on revenue because of these restrictions.

Wow. The allure of the main dining rooms? It’s friggin dinner. I am glad I can enjoy my vacation (or anything else for that matter) with my family and not be impacted by what other people are wearing. How others behave is one thing, but dress doesn’t matter. And I will continue to voice to DCL that they are missing out on revenue because of these restrictions.

There's another line (same name as citizens of a Scandinavian country) that brags about its "freestyle cruising - eat, dress, do what you want when you want". Perhaps you'd be happier over on them. When you make the choice to cruise on a line with dress codes and expectations, you should abide by those. There are options if you don't want to have those "restrictions".

There's another line (same name as citizens of a Scandinavian country) that brags about its "freestyle cruising - eat, dress, do what you want when you want". Perhaps you'd be happier over on them. When you make the choice to cruise on a line with dress codes and expectations, you should abide by those. There are options if you don't want to have those "restrictions".
Appreciate the tip, but I’m very happy with DCL and will continue to cruise with them. I will abide by dress code so long as it is enforced, but will also vocally object to such silliness.

No one knows right now since there are no cruises, but I would expect dress codes to go away soon. Dress codes have the tendency to be racist and/or sexist, and we've seen Disney trending away from policies like that. See the updated Cast Member dress policies for the parks for example.

Appreciate the tip, but I’m very happy with DCL and will continue to cruise with them. I will abide by dress code so long as it is enforced, but will also vocally object to such silliness.

It's silly to you. There's a population of people who want to go out and enjoy a higher end meal and the atmosphere that goes with it, which includes the dress code. If you don't want to get out of your swim suit then you can go to Cabana's or the pool side eateries. If you don't want to get more dressy than shorts and a polo then there's main dining (which used to be more restrictive).

Remy's is meant to be an experience, not just a meal. We choose not to go as we don't think the value is there for the cost (nor do we like "fancy" meals), but that's us and our plan.

Last edited:
No one knows right now since there are no cruises, but I would expect dress codes to go away soon. Dress codes have the tendency to be racist and/or sexist, and we've seen Disney trending away from policies like that. See the updated Cast Member dress policies for the parks for example.

omg...what? dress codes are racist now? how?
is cruising racist too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter