Its official, starting tomorrow on June 15th. Masks are not required at Disneyland and no social distancing for vaccinated guests.

Kind of a bummer that they're not going to require proof. I think there is going to be a decent portion of people who refused the vaccine but also choose to go without a mask. We'll be traveling with relatives who have a 3-year-old with Down syndrome on our next trip and I worry for her. Hopefully the vast majority will be honest with mask wearing/vaccine status.

Kind of a bummer that they're not going to require proof. I think there is going to be a decent portion of people who refused the vaccine but also choose to go without a mask. We'll be traveling with relatives who have a 3-year-old with Down syndrome on our next trip and I worry for her. Hopefully the vast majority will be honest with mask wearing/vaccine status.
Could you imagine trying to get in the park if they required proof? It’s bad enough as it is.

Uploading proof of vaccine before making a park reservation would be a huge hassle? It took me 2 minutes to upload my vaccine card to my university website so that I can attend in-person this fall. A state university of 35,000+. I'm not going to go any further than this since we're supposed to avoid discussion, but there is really no need to shoot down my concern when that is not the point of this thread.

How do you suppose Disney enforce it AFTER people get in? You are not really thinking this through. You don’t have to be vaccinated to attend. Just to not wear a mask. I just don’t understand how uploading proof to your university so you can enroll is relevant at all to going to a theme park for a day.

I'm sure my opinion will be in the minority, but I'm disappointed with this decision. Glad about not wearing masks outside (which I agree isn't necessary. But now I'll be more worried about my 9 year old in indoor queues with unvaccinated, maskless adults. And me and DH will still be wearing masks because we don't feel like we can ask our child to and not do so ourselves.

Probably not worried enough to cancel our trip (starting June 20), but not thrilled either. Guess we'll be trying to figure out how to ensure our own distancing in line.

Until there is a federal database there isn't really much reason to having "verification." Etsy of all places (and many others) had fake blank vaccination records for sale... People are going to lie if they want to, it's not hard at all.

Get vaccinated if you're worried about yourself, wear a mask if you worry (N95 if really worried), and maybe delay a trip for another year. Super sucks, but always expect people to lie and cheat.

Edit: And I want to just say that all I'm saying is focus on protecting yourself and those you love. That's about the best you can do anywhere. Be smart, be safe :)

Edit edit: Again, not arguing one way or the other, just tossing out a warning that people are horrible and these things exist. I was shocked when I heard about this.

Last edited:
Guess we'll be trying to figure out how to ensure our own distancing in line.

This will be the largest thing. I suspect people will be 14 inches behind you within minutes AND they'll probably keep reminding you to step forward if you allow more than a foot or two in front of you...

I'm sure my opinion will be in the minority, but I'm disappointed with this decision. Glad about not wearing masks outside (which I agree isn't necessary. But now I'll be more worried about my 9 year old in indoor queues with unvaccinated, maskless adults. And me and DH will still be wearing masks because we don't feel like we can ask our child to and not do so ourselves.

Probably not worried enough to cancel our trip (starting June 20), but not thrilled either. Guess we'll be trying to figure out how to ensure our own distancing in line.
I’m thrilled that they’re dropping masks outdoors, but I personally would have liked to have seen them still universally required indoors for awhile, for a whole variety of reasons.

It is good timing with this heat wave. It will definitely be more pleasant for guests not having to wear masks outdoors in the heat.

Great news but honestly I was not gonna get the shot till I saw this and have a trip coming up in just a few weeks. Figuring very few are gonna mask up vaccinated or otherwise since there will no longer be enforcement I got my shot today so really don't care!

...wish social distancing was still a thing though...HATE people piled on top of me even without the whole Covid thing!

If folks are apprehensive about the lack of distancing, now might not be the time to visit a theme park unfortunately. They're going to start seating folks next to each other on rides again, seating closer for shows like tiki room, and add in the queue lines it's going to get difficult to be distant. Do whatever feels right for your family but even before these changes it was a risk. When we went to WDW last year distancing was nonexistent in many scenarios and that's when rules were still strict- it caught us off guard.

For anyone that's worried about their kiddos under 12, you can get KN95s in extra small sizes they work surprisingly well on older kids. My son wore one when we traveled last year and he didn't mind it. Or if you're worried about you, get a KN95 for yourself. They're really not that bad, I wore them a lot in the beginning of all this once they were easy to find. Or postpone, which sucks, but you gotta do what you're comfortable with.

I didn't find this change surprising considering the speed WDW has been moving the past month- Disney is ready to start bouncing back and they want to catch DL up quickly. I'm sure many CMs are relieved to not have to deal with mask enforcement anymore.

I just went to a local amusement park in southern NH (Canobie Lake Park) this weekend. On the MA border so it's a mix of MA and NH residents. We have two of the lowest case rates and highest vax rates in the country. 90% of the people were not wearing masks and there was zero social distancing at all. It was all outdoors so I wasn't that worried, especially wearing my own N95. But I'm not sure how you could guarantee distancing in line. If you think you're going to be able to, think again. You may want to consider cancelling if this is a huge problem for you. Or invest in a well-fitting KN95 or N95 for your child. That will protect them much better than a cloth or loose-fitting surgical mask.

If folks are apprehensive about the lack of distancing, now might not be the time to visit a theme park unfortunately. They're going to start seating folks next to each other on rides again, seating closer for shows like tiki room, and add in the queue lines it's going to get difficult to be distant. Do whatever feels right for your family but even before these changes it was a risk. When we went to WDW last year distancing was nonexistent in many scenarios and that's when rules were still strict- it caught us off guard.

For anyone that's worried about their kiddos under 12, you can get KN95s in extra small sizes they work surprisingly well on older kids. My son wore one when we traveled last year and he didn't mind it. Or if you're worried about you, get a KN95 for yourself. They're really not that bad, I wore them a lot in the beginning of all this once they were easy to find. Or postpone, which sucks, but you gotta do what you're comfortable with.

I didn't find this change surprising considering the speed WDW has been moving the past month- Disney is ready to start bouncing back and they want to catch DL up quickly. I'm sure many CMs are relieved to not have to deal with mask enforcement anymore.
LOL, amazing how similar our replies are! Great minds think alike!

I feel you, I’m generally happy masks are going away for the 90-110 degree days coming up…but my next trip is in November and is intentional because I’m expecting my 7yo daughter to have been vaccinated by then.

To ensure distancing, you probably have to force it with people behind you and create a little bubble with your kid. People were absentmindedly walking right up to my backside a few weeks ago despite strict distancing in place.

It's definitely up to the individual to decide if this new change is something they can handle or not.
If the thought of having unvaccinated or vaccinated strangers with you in a Splash Mountain log scares you... then probably not the right time to go... or maybe don't ride that ride.
Disneyland will be around. Policies, vaccinations, health environment etc.. will change over time where it may align with different individuals' comfort level.

I just went to a local amusement park in southern NH (Canobie Lake Park) this weekend. On the MA border so it's a mix of MA and NH residents. We have two of the lowest case rates and highest vax rates in the country. 90% of the people were not wearing masks and there was zero social distancing at all. It was all outdoors so I wasn't that worried, especially wearing my own N95. But I'm not sure how you could guarantee distancing in line. If you think you're going to be able to, think again. You may want to consider cancelling if this is a huge problem for you. Or invest in a well-fitting KN95 or N95 for your child. That will protect them much better than a cloth or loose-fitting surgical mask.
Moldex makes some very comfortable N95 masks (made in America too). I'm not positive they have child sizes, but you could check on their web site. I've been wearing them for over a year (returned to work by May of last year) and the masks with a "weave" to them are GREAT at reducing the feeling of restricted air. I was really impressed with their masks and the comfort seal as well as overall breathability. Again, I feel your pain, still sucks we’re in this situation, but the best we can do is focus on personal protection right now. (For instance, I have a family member that is not vaccinated and at extreme risk so while I’m fully 2 shot vaccinated I’m still wearing an N95 mask all day at work and if I go out in public)

Guess we'll be trying to figure out how to ensure our own distancing in line.

I would not be surprised if there are more altercations post June 15th.
To leave it to the guests to sort of "police" their own radius when there are no social distancing rules.... all it takes is for one party to say "no" and then both parties arguing over it.

When there are social distancing rules, at least there is some understanding to follow rules. But even still, you get viral videos of airplane fights now.
With tomorrow being super hot... that may add more fuel to the fire.

Maybe wear a shirt that says "I have a Virus" (could be any virus) and maybe that will keep people 6 feet away from you?

Maybe wear a shirt that says "I have a Virus" (could be any virus) and maybe that will keep people 6 feet away from you?

You may be on to something! They're not going to know one way or another, eh? lol

Probably not worried enough to cancel our trip (starting June 20), but not thrilled either.

I‘m of the same mixed feelings. I thought about it and with our whole party fully vaxxed (including my teenager), my biggest worry would be variants mostly from other countries. I figured there will not be enough time or even access for non-USA visitors to get there before our trip next week. 😉😆 I’m letting other members of my family off the hook if they want to cancel.

I agree that I have to let go of social distancing expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter