It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! [Update 4/11: Link to TR!]

I never got around to playing VMK, but it seems like you and Weird sure did have a great time. I remember hearing how upset people were when they announced it was ending.

haha, I love your VMK characters! I never got into that and then one day when I was interested it was gone!

I too found humor in the 86%. I mean, it is such a random number.

I'm glad to hear it's up to him. Come on Weird. WHat's it gonna be?

Haha, that's what I keep asking him! I'm glad it's up to 90% now, but I'd love that 100%! There are just a few things that we need to wait on before he can make the choice. He WANTS to go. It's just a matter of whether it's not it's entirely feasible.

Haha I just had to slowly edge it up 1% at a time! I'm secretly 100% in my mind, but I just want to make sure everything is okay before I go out and say 100%! Like Ninja said, I am at 90% now, so that was a whole 4% increase! (I'm daring, I know)

I loved those Tron cabinets. I wish I had them in real life. I did really enjoy being able to flirt with you while we were not together on VMK. I think that got a lot of the subconscious feelings out that just needed to be expressed! :goodvibes

You and your love for Tron! I definitely loved Tron more on VMK ... uhhh, not so much the movie when we watched it this past summer! But those cabinets ... oh man, the memories. I miss it! That last "conversation" on VMK ... so sad.

I never got around to playing VMK, but it seems like you and Weird sure did have a great time. I remember hearing how upset people were when they announced it was ending.

Yeah, everyone was devastated about it. Many people have moved on from VMK to play other virtual games, but I couldn't find anything that could take the place of VMK. I still miss it to this day. It just meant more to me than just a game. It was the relationships that were formed (thankfully most of my VMK friends were from DIS) and the escape from the reality of my illnesses that I miss. It's also sad to see that not many people still have their avatars or VMK pics in their signatures!

haha, I love your VMK characters! I never got into that and then one day when I was interested it was gone!

There's an itty-bitty teeny-weeny part of me that's still waiting for the day that they'll bring it back. Even if I have to start over from scratch and not have all the virtual items that I gained (my Minnie hat especially!), I'd be okay with it!

Ninja's Top 10 Disney Songs

I'm taking the idea from wdwgirl03 who has made some really fun lists to read on her PTR! Sarah chose her top 10 favorite Disney songs right here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34102037&postcount=47. These are mine!

10. "So Close" from Enchanted

My DBF Weird was the one who pointed out how great this song was. I also like the fact that Dr. Shepherd is singing it! Haha, even though I know Patrick Dempsey from Can't Buy Me Love and Enchanted, I can't help but always see him as Dr. Shepherd from Grey's Anatomy. Plus, the animated Giselle is the only other girl Weird is allowed to like, hehe.

We have discussed the fact that we could have this song as our wedding song. Our other options are "The Beginning" by Alice Peacock and "When I Say I Do" by Matthew West. Haha, and no, we're not engaged yet. Funny thing is that yesterday when we were waiting for our food at Chili's, we talked about whether or not he would propose if he went to WDW with us! Hehe.

9. "Go the Distance" from Hercules

As Weird and I prepare for our church's 2009 coffeehouse (an outreach with funny skits and a musical!), I think about the preparation for the coffeehouse in 2008. We each had our own solos to sing. I had to sing "Popular" from Wicked and "Holiday" by Madonna. I was cast as the stereotypical popular, mean girl. Thankfully, this year I'm normal, haha. Anyway, one of the songs Weird had to sing was "Go the Distance." I watched Hercules a LONG time ago after a unit on mythology in high school so I didn't quite remember it, but that was the first song in the entire musical.

My best friend was singing it and as I watched him throughout practices, I couldn't help but get that feeling again. Well, what do you know! By the time we had our encore performance (we were asked to do everything again!), we were back together! So this song will always be very special to me!

8. "Jolly Holiday" from Mary Poppins

When we finally got this on DVD a few years ago, I watched it when I was sick at home. My mom was supposed to watch it with me, but she ended up having things to do. I just sat in the kitchen with a cup of tea, watching it on a mini-DVD player. The silliness and fantasy of the movie really cheered me up! Though it may not be a movie that I want to watch all the time, it definitely has some catchy tunes!

This is one of them, and I end up singing it (haha, at least the parts that I know!) over and over again! It's just really funny when Bert sings to Mary Poppins because of his accent. You know, "When Mary (h)olds your (h)and, you feel so grand! Your (h)eart starts beating like a big brass band!" I love that part!

When I listened to this song the other day, I was writing up my lesson plans. The Do Now for my students was a question about the song that always puts them in a good mood. After a lot of answers about the Jonas Brothers, I explained that "Jolly Holiday" was mine! Of course, I then had to sing it in class! Since I found out for sure that we're going in April, I've been talking about Disney even more than I have before when I'm teaching! Gotta incorporate it everywhere!

7. "One Jump Ahead" from Aladdin

This was probably one of the songs from a Disney movie that I learned! You know how it is ... you probably know a good chunk of the lyrics out of all the popular Disney songs, but there aren't that many that you knew from beginning to end! Though I may not know it all now, this was definitely one of the few that I knew! I love the part when Aladdin (in his very cute voice) says, "Just a little snack, guys."

I also got a kick out of the fact that he uses the phrase "nom de plume," and I felt that I was smart for knowing what it was! Don't you love how Disney uses a lot of good vocabulary words? When I get up to the 6th grade vocabulary lesson that has the word "vagabond" in it, I always give extra credit to the students who find out what Disney song it comes from! Yes, Google makes it incredibly easy, but I don't write this down and only a few students even remember to check! Do YOU know what song it comes from?

Oh yeah, the last reason why I love this song is that after the whole chase scene, Aladdin ends up giving his bread to the two little kids!

6. "Reflection" from Mulan (movie version)

Though I like Christina Aguilera's version (and sang that many times to the instrumental track at home ... alone to exercise my voice), I like the original one in the movie better. The lyrics are different, and of course, the ones in the movie are appropriate to the storyline. I just think it's touching because Mulan has the pressure to live up to the expectations of her parents, particularly her father. As a Chinese daughter myself, I understand that there are a lot of pressures involved. Though I never had the same pressures as Mulan (haha, the issues at home aren't about my dad wanting to find me the right man through a matchmaker), it's still something that I can relate to.

5. "Me Hele No Lilo" from Lilo and Stitch

I loved the fact that this song is very catchy with the Hawaiian words, but I grew to really love this song after watching the extra features on the Lilo and Stitch DVD. It was interesting to watch the choir of the kids that sang the song. The language is just beautiful! Plus, the dancing in the movie is beautiful to watch too! I love how they showed that they videotaped real people dancing so that they would get the animation correct for everyone to see. Haha, plus it shows Pudge with that peanut butter sandwich!

4. "That's How You Know" from Enchanted

I thought about having the same movie up here twice, but since it is a fairly recent movie, that's probably why I listen to the songs more often. I would love to go to Central Park and reenact certain parts of it, particularly the part when Giselle starts singing with the Jamaican band! Later on in the song when they're on the boats, I love when they say "mind reader." Haha, Weird can attest to the fact that I can listen to that part over and over again!

Amy Adams is just so funny and does a fantastic job being a typical Disney princess in real life! It's funny for Weird and me because we know her the handbag girl who was on The Office! He noticed her and pointed that out to me, and now I can't not see her as that! Of course, the other parts I love about the song include James Marsden's entrance when he jumps down and attempts to sing, "I've been dreaming ..." but gets cut off, Dr. Shepherd nodding his head to the music as he sits by the fountain and then realizes what he's doing, and then when Giselle calls the birds to deliver the wreath of flowers!

3. "Strangers Like Me" from Tarzan

Of course, "You'll Be In My Heart" and "Two Worlds" are also two of the greatest songs from the movie! Tarzan really made me absolutely adore Phil Collins. I used to say that if I actually had enough money, I would hire him to sing at my wedding. His voice is just so unique! I love when my dad plays his other songs in the car when we're driving down to Florida!

Anyway, the reason why I chose "Strangers" to be on the favorites list and not the other ones is because Weird pointed out lyrics in it that reminded him of me - "Why do I have this growing need to be beside her." My DBF's such a mush :D. The animation for this song is great as well, especially when Tarzan takes Jane to the place where she can be surrounded by birds and then the ending when they're swinging from the vines together.

I haven't seen the Festival of the Lion King, but part of me wishes that Animal Kingdom still had Tarzan Rocks!

2. "Bonjour" from Beauty and the Beast

I can sing this song every day and not get bored! Oh dear, I must be tired because I initially spelled that as "boured." Anyway, my all time favorite part of this song other than the beginning is when the baker says, "Marie! The baguettes! Hurry up!"

In general, this movie is great just because Belle falls in love with the beast's heart. It's unlike the other Disney princesses who don't really show much of a back story for the princes. Well, Mulan is a great story too, but I know she's not considered a princess. She's such a unique character! I mean, in this song, she gets a free book and is absolutely thrilled about it! It's not about having a pretty dress or being the fairest of them all or getting to go to the ball. It's about a girl who loves reading, falls for someone not because of looks, and then gets a whole library filled with books as a gift!

I've seen this show on Broadway twice. The first time was because my aunt got us tickets from work to go with her. The second time was because Donny Osmond was playing Gaston and my mom just HAD to see him. Hehe, I didn't mind tagging along to keep her company! Plus, I love Broadway, especially Disney on Broadway! I wish I had a chance to see Christy Carlson Romano play Belle because I loved her when she was a star on the Disney channel. When I imagine my own Broadway debut, I'm singing this song. Too bad I don't have a Broadway voice! Haha, or much coordination to learn dance moves!

1. "Down to Earth" from Wall-E

The Wall-E soundtrack is probably one of my all-time favorite CDs even though it's filled with songs with no words. I love the movie because of the story and also because I saw it in the theater with Weird. After the movie was over (and after we looked at each other a thousand times when we saw things in there that reminded us of our own memories), we sat in the theater to watch the credits and listen to this song. Most of the people had cleared out already and workers came in to clean the floors. But it didn't matter to us because we just continued to sit there. After I got this CD (thanks to my older brother who, for the most part, asks me what I want for my birthdays!), I would change my clothes in the morning to this song. It ALWAYS put me in a good mood to face the day!

This is a good list! Some of them are my faves as well. I love Wall-e:lovestruc. He is just so cute! One Jump and STrangers Like Me are just fantastic!

You know. There are some roles that actors have that they will forever be referred to as that character. Harrison Ford will always be Indiana Jones to me (Han Solo to Bryan). Tom Hanks will always be Forrest Gump. Patrick Dempsey will ALWAYS be McDreamy.

This is a good list! Some of them are my faves as well. I love Wall-e:lovestruc. He is just so cute! One Jump and STrangers Like Me are just fantastic!

You know. There are some roles that actors have that they will forever be referred to as that character. Harrison Ford will always be Indiana Jones to me (Han Solo to Bryan). Tom Hanks will always be Forrest Gump. Patrick Dempsey will ALWAYS be McDreamy.

Yup! Harrison Ford is definitely Indy! You know what movie really shook me up? What Lies Beneath! I don't watch scary movies anymore because of that. The thing is, it wasn't the ghost or spirit part that really scared me; it was the fact that Harrison Ford was bad! I hope I didn't spoil that for anyway, haha, but it is a fairly old movie! Anyway, I knew him as Indiana Jones, Hans Solo, and then the President in Air Force One, so that movie just messed with my world!

Elijah Wood will always be Frodo Baggins to me. Doesn't matter what I see him in. I just want to call out, "HOBBIT!" every time. :lmao:

Cringe-Worthy

Many people post the things they want to do or must try for the first time when writing their PTRs. I will eventually do that, but I'm going to write about an experience that I do NOT want to repeat!

My family and I were in Florida for our annual trip with another family (we used to co-own the timeshare with them, but they don't go anymore and don't pay, so it's technically ours at this point). I was, I think, a sophomore in high school so that meant my little brother, Matt, was just a baby.

On our Magic Kingdom morning, I woke up not feeling that well. I sat at the dining room table trying to choke down some Cheerios. I was hoping I'd feel better with food in my stomach, but it didn't seem to do much. The bowl of cereal actually stayed on the table for the rest of the day because I couldn't bring myself to finish it or throw it away. Haha, not that I would have eaten it, just that I didn't want to deal with scooping out the mushy cereal and dumping the milk. That's how sick I felt because I never left unfinished cereal on the table!

The condo is a good 5-10 minutes away from the front gates of Magic Kingdom depending on the traffic lights. On the whole car ride there, I was leaned over with my head resting on my mom's chubby park backpack. Closing my eyes didn't help, but I kept telling myself that once I got outside into the fresh air, i'd feel better.

We got to the park, and I tried pushing away all the feelings of sickness. Unfortunately, it didn't work for very long. As we were waiting on line to board the monorail, I started getting incredibly dizzy. I tried squatting where I was standing since being upright just didn't make things any better. When I stood up again, I knew that I was going to faint. I had fainted already when I was at school in the 7th grade and once again at the doctor's office, so the feeling that overwhelmed me was a familiar one at that point.

As the world started fading out of my vision, I mumbled to my mom, "I'm going to faint." In a quick second (haha, even though a quick second and a slow second don't really exist because a second is just a second ...), my mom handed my brother to the other mom, and my dad apparently caught me before I hit the ground. The other dad carried me to the top of the monorail station to lay me down on one of the benches. I actually remember about 2 seconds of being carried because I started to regain consciousness, and I felt the movement. But then I was out again.

The next thing I remember was lying down on a bench with my head resting on my mom's lap. A CM had gotten a cold, wet towel to place on my forehead. They asked if I needed to go to First Aid, but I felt better at the time so I said no. Of course, the looks I got from everyone who was staring at me as I sat up was really embarrassing!

We boarded the next monorail and they made sure I had a seat. I was excited to go to Magic Kingdom! My mom and the other mom agreed that I needed to eat so they insisted on taking me to get food. We went to the Main Street Bakery and they bought me this really nasty muffin. I don't know what it was, but it had different colors in it (looked like Fruity Pebbles), but it was supposedly cranberry so it had a slightly tart taste. I tried eating it, but it just didn't taste good.

While I continued to nibble on the muffin (this is why I used to think the bakery was gross and never understood why people loved going there!), the other mom suggested that they get a wheelchair for me. That would have been a wise choice, but it never happened. During this time, these 4 men entered the bakery and started making me feel worse with their loud singing! Haha, I didn't know at that time that they were the Dapper Dans! I'd love to listen to them now!

Our next stop was the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway where we met up with everyone who had ridden Space Mountain. I joined them in the line because I figured I was good for the rest of the day. That line was barely moving and after a few minutes of standing there, I started feeling sick again. I tried sitting on the side, but I knew that I wouldn't make it to the front of the line. I went to find my mom who was sitting in the spectator stands.

It was decided at that point that it would be best to take me back to the condo. I didn't really want to leave, but I could barely stand so there was really nothing I could do. My dad, mom, and I left the park. We got our hands stamped just in case, but only my dad ended up returning since my two brothers were still there. If we knew then what we knew now, we would've gone to Guest Services or City Hall to get a ticket back since we had only been there for a short time and were wasting our ticket.

Back at the condo, I ate some eggs and took a nap. But I guess I really was sick with germs because I ended up spending the next few days in and out of the bathroom. It was a miserable time for me to be so sick at a place I loved but couldn't enjoy! Then what made it even worse was the fact that we would have to make trip in the car all the way back up to New York! Worst travel experience ever! I took Immodium many times during that car trip, but it was still unbelievably uncomfortable. Oy, and I thought having hives during the car trip was a bad experience!

Just writing about that time makes me cringe! I hope to never experience anything like that ever again! No one likes being sick, of course, but being sick so far away from home is the absolute worst!

Ugh, that is not a fun experience at all! :sad2:

Oh yes, and I like your list too. ;) We were watching Enchanted the other day...the part where they sing "That's How You Know" has to be one of the best parts in the movie. I also like "One Jump Ahead."

I really don't like your sick story every time I hear it! I don't like hearing about you being sick, but I'm glad that it doesn't happen anymore.

At my last count, I'm at 96%, if not more. I've been checking airfare every day so I'm definitely leaning towards that 100%! It'd be so much fun! I'm gonna make you one very happy girl if I go, aren't I? Let's keep praying and hoping!!

UGH! Being sick at home is one thing, but being sick while at Disney would certainly suck. So, did you just have a stomach virus or was it something more serious?

Ugh, that is not a fun experience at all! :sad2:

Oh yes, and I like your list too. ;) We were watching Enchanted the other day...the part where they sing "That's How You Know" has to be one of the best parts in the movie. I also like "One Jump Ahead."

Not at all! I always have to point it out when we head to the monorail. Plus, I kind of speed walk so I can pass the area really quickly! If Weird goes with us next year, I'm going to have to point the spot out to him!

I could definitely go for a Disney movie night some time soon, but I can't seem to fit it into my schedule. If I finish work earlier, I go to sleep earlier! I think the movie that I want to watch next is The Little Mermaid. I don't really remember it much at all! Two of my students are using it as the basis of their "misunderstood antagonist" fairytales so they're writing from Ursula's point of view.

I really don't like your sick story every time I hear it! I don't like hearing about you being sick, but I'm glad that it doesn't happen anymore.

At my last count, I'm at 96%, if not more. I've been checking airfare every day so I'm definitely leaning towards that 100%! It'd be so much fun! I'm gonna make you one very happy girl if I go, aren't I? Let's keep praying and hoping!!

I knowww! I hated that experience in Florida. Thankfully, I'm aware of what to expect in terms of health issues so things shouldn't be a surprise.

My health issues should make it 100% because you'll be good and make me sit and rest :D

UGH! Being sick at home is one thing, but being sick while at Disney would certainly suck. So, did you just have a stomach virus or was it something more serious?

I'm not quite sure what it was. We never figured it out because the food I was eating was being eaten by everyone else too! I probably just had a germ or something.

Currently I have a plethora of health issues, but in terms of fainting, I do have this thing called vasovagal syncope. My vagus nerve doesn't work very well so if I stand too long, the blood pools in my leg. My heart races to try to get the blood circulating again. If I don't do something about it (sit or pump my legs), I'll faint. But I pretty much have a handle on that ... and even when I forget, Weird reminds me to sit even when I don't realize that I have palpitations! My cardiologist said to avoid lines at Costco! Haha, I'm not sure that lines at WDW are better ... but that's what FastPass is for!

Any lurkers out there? Say hello! :flower3:

haha, yeah, lurkers need to come out and say hello on my PTR too! Don't be shy people!

Experiencing Disney with DBF - Part I

A002-2.jpg

Going to WDW will be fun no matter what, but now that Weird is so close to going with us, I can't help but look forward to all the things I will get to do with him. There are so many things I want to show him and experience with him. There's just something about being able to have fun together! This will definitely be a growing list. Here are just a few of the activities I'm excited about!

1. Ride the Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Months ago, Weird was talking to one of his coworkers, Hilary, about marrying me! They had a conversation on Facebook about how he would propose. At that time, I wasn't FB friends with Hilary yet so I couldn't follow what was being said. Finally, after some lovely pestering, Weird told me that he would love to take me on the TTA (my all-time favorite ride) during Illuminations so he could ask me to marry him.

Hehe, my adorable DBF didn't realize that Illuminations was an entirely different park than my beloved TTA. He definitely needs some WDW, don't you think? Just like I need to watch more Disney movies, he needs more of the parks!

So even though he will never propose to me on the TTA during Illuminations, I still want to take a ride on my favorite "blue cars" (what I called them as a kid) with my favorite guy <3

2. Go down the 5 story drop of Splash Mountain

Weird does NOT like water rides because of the drops. I think he'd actually be more willing to ride a rollercoaster than do one of these. However, he knows the amazing theming on the inside of this ride, and I asked him if he would go on it with me. So he agreed to do it! It's okay, Weird. I'll hold your hand if you're too afraid to throw your hands up in the air!

There are so many things in this ride that I want to see and I want him to see. For example, there's a hidden Mickey in the last scene. When they're all happily singing, there's a cloud in the background that looks like Mickey is lying down on his back. I never noticed it before! When I normally ride it with my dad, he doesn't seem to listen to all my random facts about the ride! So it'll be a nice change to have someone who's as interested as I am!

I admit it too; the drop is not my favorite part of the ride! Especially not that double drop in the dark!

3. Have a friendly competition on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

The two of us used to get very competitive over a lot of things. Okay, maybe it was me who got extremely competitive. I mean, who doesn't love winning? But because of him, I have learned to not take everything so seriously! It's just for fun! And I think taking a spin on this ride will be more fun now than it would have been if we rode when we dated first time around.

Because I know a few of the high point targets (ex. the orange robot's hand, front and back, when you enter the first room + top or bottom of the volcano in the second room + the bottom of the contraption thing that Zurg's riding), I will ride with him at first to point out where he should point his laser gun. I actually haven't gotten the bottom of Zurg's mode of transportation (haha, I really don't know what it is). It has to be hit once you enter the room because that's the only angle to get it. That'll be my goal this time riding it.

My family normally rides it 3 or 4 times because my brother loves it despite his incredibly low scores. Haha, he should do better this year because he isn't as small. Anyway, after I show Weird the targets, we'll go in separate cars so that we can really have a true competition since we'll be in control of our own joysticks. I think that after 2 times, Weird will definitely dominate in the game! Haha, he'll still love me though :D

That's an awesome to do list! Don't worry. After he does a bit of research, he'll figure out the perfect place for that one moment to make it as special as your treasured TTA.

Haha, Brave is certainly right! I'll figure it out eventually. I know we're not spontaneous people, but you never know when that magic will hit, right? ;)

I can't wait to ride the TTA with you. That is, of course, hinged on the wicked last 2% or so! I know how happy you get just being at Disney sometimes and I know how happy you are when you're with me (as conceited as that sounds :goodvibes) so I can't imagine how happy you could be if those two were put together!

You know what else is on the list that you don't need to put down? Be happy at Disney together! And take lots of outdoor together pics! I mean, it'll be at WDW so those are gonna be some GREAT pictures! AHHH!! I need the 2%!!

That's an awesome to do list! Don't worry. After he does a bit of research, he'll figure out the perfect place for that one moment to make it as special as your treasured TTA.

I know it'll be amazing whenever it happens. I'm just so glad that we won't have to wait to experience WDW during our Disneymoon! It was funny because my mom said to my dad the other day, "They're both such huge Disney fans, and this is a big opportunity for them since they know they're not getting married any time soon" (lack of funds!). I just enjoy every moment with him whether we're dating, engaged, or married :lovestruc

Haha, Brave is certainly right! I'll figure it out eventually. I know we're not spontaneous people, but you never know when that magic will hit, right? ;)

I can't wait to ride the TTA with you. That is, of course, hinged on the wicked last 2% or so! I know how happy you get just being at Disney sometimes and I know how happy you are when you're with me (as conceited as that sounds :goodvibes) so I can't imagine how happy you could be if those two were put together!

You know what else is on the list that you don't need to put down? Be happy at Disney together! And take lots of outdoor together pics! I mean, it'll be at WDW so those are gonna be some GREAT pictures! AHHH!! I need the 2%!!

No more wicked 2%! YAY!

Experiencing Disney with DBF - Part II

IMG_2730-1.jpg

This list is definitely not just hopeful wishing because as of yesterday, November 10th, Weird said that he is 100% sure that he is going to WDW with us! WOOHOO! I'm absolutely THRILLED! Now it's all about serious planning! Well, as serious as our jobs let us be ...

4. Have Weird and Ninja experience the REAL Peter Pan ride

One of the best parts of VMK was the fact that the Peter Pan ride was incredibly realistic and true to the actual ride! Each scene looked exactly as it should. I loved the fact that Ninja could ride in a little galleon ship (and amazingly, the sail always matched my shirt, hehe). It was funny though because depending on how fast the computer would load, sometimes the order of the people would change. That meant that even though Weird and I would start a ride one behind the other, by the next room or two, there were others in between us. Soon we'd be in entirely different rooms!

We would be thrilled when we actually finished a ride together. It didn't hurt either that sometimes we'd get a SITS pin, which was a Sword in the Stone magic pin that allowed you to try to pull out the sword. If you did, you'd get a prize (Toad Car Magic anyone?). We had so many special moments on that ride especially since I grew up loving the ride since it's my mom's all-time favorite. It would be wonderful to let Weird and Ninja ride the REAL one together (hehe, as well as the real Howard and Rae) and know that they won't be separated throughout the entire ride.

5. Be complete dorks and wear matching t-shirts

I don't know how well this will work out because (1) it'll be April and if it's hot, there's no way I'm choosing a t-shirt over a tank top and (2) I don't know how many matching t-shirts we actually have! Well let's see, the first set of matching shirts are our Axiom t-shirts. I'm only a crew member, however, haha, but I still think mine's better because it's pink and it's glittery! The Axiom is from Wall-E just in case you forgot. The other shirts that we have that match are our organic tee ones. He has Mickey on it with a world in the background made up of smaller Mickey heads. Mine has Minnie on it with flowers in the background instead of the world. Our shirts are actually different colors so they're not entirely matchy-matchy, but we know that they match. Eventually I'll take a picture of my shirts and post them.

I do have a few other great shirts from Walmart; the ones described above are from the Disney store. However, like I said, who knows about the weather! Weird and I also will have matching t-shirts from our church's coffeehouse! We're just so odd that we find it really fun to match. Even at church, we'll stay in the same color family. It's the little things that make us happy!

6. Examine the forced perspective used in Main Street

Main Street has never been one of the areas where my family spent a lot of time. It was more like just a passageway to get to the "good stuff." This time, however, I'm so excited to spend a little more time there (even if it's on the way out instead of on the way in) and examine the details used to make it looks like such a cheerful place! I've got random facts that I have stored in my head that I want to see for myself and find. For example, I want to find the window where you can hear someone taking dance or singing lessons from upstairs. I also want to find Walt Disney's window that faces the castle. Another thing I want to examine is the change in the street lights as you start walking on Main Street to the end of it since they change as if you're walking through time.

There are so many things that I would want to point out to my family, and though they may humor me and listen, no one would be as excited to see these details as Weird would be! I wouldn't be surprised too if I had to pull him away from examining details. He was an architecture major in college so I know he'll be drawn to all of these things that others might miss (or that I have missed during my 25 years of going to Disney!).

I'm SO excited that I am 100%! 2010 can't come fast enough! I can't wait to add more to the list :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter