It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! [Update 4/11: Link to TR!]

Yeah, I think at this point I've decided to just keep it long. I can't deal with it getting all poufy because it's shorter.

I saw that Target had a few things a while ago but not much. They had these post-it type things with classic Mickey on it, but I didn't get it. In one of them, I think Minnie was slapping Mickey! I think Weird took a pic of it on his phone; I'll have to ask him.

And thanks! I'm very particular about things being neat. I used to rewrite my notes in college because I'd take them in class and write down so much so quickly that it'd be too messy for my liking. I spent hours in the library copying my notes over. I have, however, stopped being such a perfectionist though, which is a good thing because it really got to the point where it was interfering with my life.

Yup, we're going to Epcot! It is definitely in the plans, MK+Epcot+DHS. What's the huge favor? Ask away! :goodvibes

I used to rewrite my notes over in college, too! It drove DF crazy! It worked out, though, because since I rewrote them it helped me memorize them and then I didn't have to spend as much time studying!

My hair gets puffy when it's short, too. It actually takes me longer to straighten it when it's short than when it's long.

When you're in Epcot, if you think of it, I would love it if you could grab me my missing penny from my WS collection. I can send you a self-addressed stamped envelope and $0.51! I need the Mickey head penny from Mexico since it was broken when we were there. I would love you forever! :love:

I used to rewrite my notes over in college, too! It drove DF crazy! It worked out, though, because since I rewrote them it helped me memorize them and then I didn't have to spend as much time studying!

My hair gets puffy when it's short, too. It actually takes me longer to straighten it when it's short than when it's long.

When you're in Epcot, if you think of it, I would love it if you could grab me my missing penny from my WS collection. I can send you a self-addressed stamped envelope and $0.51! I need the Mickey head penny from Mexico since it was broken when we were there. I would love you forever! :love:

Yup! I was the same way; rewriting the notes made me learn it! I think that's why I still remember certain things. My students always ask me how I know stuff (I'm a fountain of the most RANDOM bits of knowledge, not an expert in anything, but a little bit of everything ... talk about your liberal arts degree~), and I say it's because I read a lot, but it has to be because of the copying notes thing!

Sure! If the machine's there, I'll get the penny for you. Just send me your address on Facebook or something later on. You're such a silly about the $.51, haha. :cutie:

Picture Perfect - Part I

(Even though this installment is about pictures, I'm not going to be posting any! I know, I know ... I've said that I don't like having posts without pictures, but I don't have anything on Photobucket to post. Plus, we've got stuff to do ... Chinese New Year's Eve!)

One of the reasons why I was looking forward to this week off from work is that I would have time to write in this PTR. However, now that I'm here, I have absolutely no idea what to write! I would do a list of must do's and must see's, but I can't narrow down the list! Because DBF is going with us, I want him to see EVERYTHING. I know it's not possible, but I really don't know how to limit what I want to see or ride with him.

There are, however, lots of things I want to photograph. If I don't get to see all these things or take pictures of them, it's okay. There's always the next trip, right?

(1) MK: Ub Iwerks's window on Main Street

Last year, my younger brother bought a book for me at his school book fair. Of course, he knew my love for Disney, so once he saw Who Was Walt Disney? by Whitney Stewart, he picked it up. Haha, not typical of my younger brother! I finally read it a few weeks ago, and I loved the fact that it gave such a comprehensive look into Walt's life without getting too much into detail; it is, after all, a children's book. One day I'll probably tackle a real Disney biography!

Anyway, in the book I learned about Ub Iwerks. He was Walt's long-time friend who actually did so much of the work in terms of the animation and other creative aspects. Walt was the big idea man whereas Iwerks was the one who did a lot of the work behind the scenes. Iwerks was also the one who stuck by Walt when animators got lured away from Disney when he was starting out.

There is obviously a window dedicated to Iwerks on Main Street. I don't know where it is located even though I've seen the actual window when searching for it in Flickr. There are so many windows with so many stories behind them, but this is one that I would absolutely love to see for myself! Of course, I never really looked at the windows intently before, so I never even saw Walt's 2 windows (the one outside at the train station and the one facing Cinderella Castle) with my own eyes, so that goes on the list too!

(2) Epcot: Oversized plant teacups in the UK

I've seen pictures of the big tea cups with plants in them at the Flower and Garden Festival. The first time I saw them, I was so excited that I called my mom over to see the picture. We both love having tea together even though we don't use those teacups. We use mugs; I use rather big mugs actually! I still think it's the cutest. Even now when I see large mugs at places like The Christmas Tree Shop, I get all excited. It'll also be interesting to see the difference in pictures that Weird takes and I take!

(3) MK: Hyenas in "it's a small world"

There's something strange about me since I actually don't like the hyenas on the ride! I can't stand the buffalo on Living with the Land either though, and I took a picture of them during our last trip! When I was younger, I thought the hyenas were cute because they just laughed and rocked back and forth. It reminded me of how I can be with my cousins and friends, when just about EVERYTHING is hilarious!

However, I then had this extremely vivid dream. I can remember many of my dreams and because of it, I end up having huge fears. Well, in this dream, I was on IASW even though it was a little different in my mind. The ride broke down, and we had to get out of the boats to exit. This ride didn't have a lot of water around the boats; both sides of the boat were right next to the platforms (I think the Disneyland version is like this?) so it was possible. Suddenly, there wasn't anyone around. It was just me! I had to walk through the displays of the animals as they were still moving!!! The exit door was behind everything, of course, and I was alone in the room. It was probably one of the most frightening dreams I've ever had! Okay, that's not saying much because I'd probably make that proclamation about most of my scary dreams. But anyway, the hyenas are one of the animals that I remembered so clearly, so it'll be interesting to get a picture of it!

Cool idea, I was thinking of making a photo scavenger hunt for myself since I always seem to get the same pictures. :rolleyes:

Great idea! :goodvibes I want to look more closely at all the windows, too this year! Specifically Walt Disney's window overlooking Cinderella Castle. Hope you had a fun New Year's Celebration!

Cool idea, I was thinking of making a photo scavenger hunt for myself since I always seem to get the same pictures. :rolleyes:

I guess after reading so many TRs, I noticed that the same pictures are taken in almost every single one! And I still think those are necessary because obviously everyone needs a picture in front of the castle. But the pictures I love more are the ones of the details that make me go, "Oh! I didn't know that was there!"

Great idea! :goodvibes I want to look more closely at all the windows, too this year! Specifically Walt Disney's window overlooking Cinderella Castle. Hope you had a fun New Year's Celebration!

How wonderful it must be to be immortalized in a Disney window! Thanks! Chinese New Year actually fell on Valentine's Day this year. I had V-Day + CNY dinner with Weird! He came to see me for a few hours and brought sushi from one of our favorite places. It was really yummy and very fun!

Picture Perfect - Part II

(4) MK: Red tables and chairs by Casey's Corner

NinjaCafe.jpg

(Don't mind the weird placement and emptiness; I never did finish decorating the place!)

Near the end of VMK's run (still so sad!), they released many new items that we didn't really have time to enjoy. Some of these items included the tables, chairs, umbrellas, garbage cans, and water fountains that you see in this room. This refreshment room was also for sale. It was so fun because you could open and close the umbrellas or make water come out of the fountains!

Around that same time, I saw a picture on a trip report of a little eating area with seats and tables that looked EXACTLY like the ones sold in VMK! Of course, I know that VMK modeled the items after real things in the parks, but I never knew it was there! I think it would be great to see this section with my own eyes and maybe, if there's space available, have flat Weird and Ninja grab a picture there too!

(5) DHS: Stairs that lead to the fake subway in NYC

I'm not a fan of taking the subway in NYC, probably because my mom used to always scare me by making sure I stayed far away from the edge so that no one could easily push me down into the tracks. I did have to take the subway a bunch of times, but when I could, I chose to take the bus instead. I also always felt safer knowing that the bus driver was in close proximity as opposed to the conductor being farther away and unreachable.

However, I've had to take the subway a few times with Weird, and I've always felt comfortable and safe with him. I love holding his hand as we wait for the train, and I love feeling calm with him by my side. Seeing the fake subway entrance for the W and D line (Walt Disney!) and taking a picture there would be so cool! Haha, it'd be a subway line that I'm not afraid of! Plus, it'd be clean!

(6) Epcot: Pick a pearl station in Mitsukoshi

After going through many trip reports and threads on DIS, I got interested in the Pick a Pearl station in Japan. I don't know that I'll actually get one, but there was a day when I kind of obsessed about it. I went through the thread and looked at the pictures of the pretty jewelry that was made. I liked the look of just the pearl in the cage. Now who knows if I'll actually get one because of the cost and the fact that I don't typically wear necklaces (I think they make my neck look funny!). I may end up at the Character Warehouse and love a necklace there for much less, haha. Either way, I really do want to see the station because pictures never do a place justice.

More to come!

I love the idea of having a goal of pictures to take. I can't wait to see how many you actually get.

Picture Perfect - Part II

(5) DHS: Stairs that lead to the fake subway in NYC
Seeing the fake subway entrance for the W and D line (Walt Disney!) and taking a picture there would be so cool! Haha, it'd be a subway line that I'm not afraid of! Plus, it'd be clean!

ohh, so THAT'S why the subway entrance said W & D line. My boyfriend and I couldn't figure out why they'd make a mistake like that, because the D doesn't run on the yellow line. We even took a picture coz we were so amused. :lmao: But now we know the true reason! ;)

Hey Rachel! I need to do some catching up on here. I kept forgetting to come over here and read with everything that has been going on over here with my little patient and all.

Just catching up! I am the same way with my hair ~ I would love to get it cut short for awhile and donate it (mine is pretty long right now, too) ~ but the hassle is trying to find some cute way to deal with it.

Really loving the idea of all the different pictures, too! Can't wait to see your whole TR put together! :thumbsup2

I love the idea of having a goal of pictures to take. I can't wait to see how many you actually get.

This list is a LOT easier to make up than a list of must do rides! Although I am narrowing things down and talking about it with Weird ... I might be able to do that too!

ohh, so THAT'S why the subway entrance said W & D line. My boyfriend and I couldn't figure out why they'd make a mistake like that, because the D doesn't run on the yellow line. We even took a picture coz we were so amused. :lmao: But now we know the true reason! ;)

I read about the W and D recently. Funny thing is that I wouldn't have known that the W and D aren't actually on the same line in NYC! The only subway I've ever taken on my own was the N or R. The other subway rides with Weird ... um, I kind of just follow where he leads me!

Hey Rachel! I need to do some catching up on here. I kept forgetting to come over here and read with everything that has been going on over here with my little patient and all.

That's okay! I know it must be taking a lot out of you to take care of Cooper as well as avoiding his tonsillectomy breath!

Just catching up! I am the same way with my hair ~ I would love to get it cut short for awhile and donate it (mine is pretty long right now, too) ~ but the hassle is trying to find some cute way to deal with it.

Really loving the idea of all the different pictures, too! Can't wait to see your whole TR put together! :thumbsup2

With short hair, I could definitely use this headband that I saw and want! Hehe, I'll post it in the next installment although the picture isn't that clear.

I'm really excited to write the TR. I mean, I know it means that the trip is over, but I like having something to look forward to that'll last a while after the trip. I'll be able to combine my pictures with Weird's hopefully really good pictures! Plus, I love keeping a record of what we do; I used to write recaps of a day at church on my old blog! We have a place where we can reread all of our inside jokes or remember what happened. I like that the TR has the same effect.

Love your picture ideas! Can't wait to see how many of them you get :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm curious to know if I'll get them too! I know I'll get a few, but there's just so so so much there that it'll take a lifetime to get only a percentage of them all. That's okay by me though! Thankfully, Weird and I are on the same page about going there for ALL of our vacations if money allows it! Haha.

Picture Perfect - Part III

I added pictures from wdwinfo in this installment. I didn't do them before because I never want to take pictures from someone else, but I figured taking it from DIS would be okay especially since each one is labeled as so!

(7) DHS: Carthay Circle Theatre

1CarthayTheaterCircle.jpg

After reading the book I mentioned two installments ago (Who Was Walt Disney?), I learned about the Carthay Circle Theatre. It was where Walt premiered his Silly Symphony cartoons and had the world premiere of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I know that the real theatre is in California, but I still think it'd be fun to see it and take a picture of it. I have really been appreciating Disney history!

(8) Epcot: Mitsukoshi snacks

1MitsukoshiSnacks.jpg

I watched a WDW Radio Show episode (don't know if that's what it's called) with Lou Mongello buying snacks in Mitsukoshi to taste. I thought it was funny because a lot of the things he picked up and thought were too exotic were things that I've had before! I'm curious to know what kind of selection they have and I also would like to know what the prices are like! I admit, I wouldn't buy any of it because I'll probably be able to get the things for a lot cheaper in NYC's Chinatown. I just think it'd be cool to stand in those same spots that Lou did his show! Haha, I don't even know much about him, but I keep seeing his face in Celebrations, haha!

(9) DTD: Merchandise at Tren-D

1Tren-DMerchandise.jpg

I know a lot of the things at Tren-D are very expensive. Even though I am saving money I'm getting from private tutoring (sidenote: How is it that I get paid MORE for being a one-on-one tutor than I do for being a teacher for a classroom full of students? Isn't that a little odd and just ... wrong?), I still don't want to spend a lot in WDW in general just because Weird and I do eventually want to get married! But I admit, I love love LOVE seeing pics of Tren-D and all the fun stuff they have!

In the picture above, there are black headbands in the read container on the table with tiny little Mickey heads made out of Swarovski crystals or something. So cute! I rarely wear headbands outside of the house, but for that one, I just might!

Anyway, even though I may not be able to purchase many items from the store, I'm excited to see it. I want to get pictures of the place and good ones also of the merchandise in a very MeMom style! I plan on going on a "digital shopping spree" with the camera because I do feel better about not being able to buy something if I can at least have a picture of it.

I love the idea of a photo shopping spree! Just as much fun but so much cheaper! :thumbsup2

I think I went to Tred-D the last time I was there. It was really out of my price range. But I want to go in there and look around agian. :P I never notice that theater either. Next time we go to DL I need to actually go in the real one.

You know, you introduced me to photo shopping. Beforehand, I used to always think, man, I need that! Or I want that thing. Now I realize that I don't really want it, I could do with just a picture of it!

That picture of the Mitsukoshi snacks looks just like a very well organized store in Chinatown! Definitely go with the photo shopping there ;)

I love the idea of a photo shopping spree! Just as much fun but so much cheaper! :thumbsup2

And there's definitely no regret in photo shopping sprees! Except for maybe the regret of not getting something. But I think about whether or not to purchase ANYTHING for such a long time that I typically don't regret what I buy. It does comfort me to know that there's a way to get WDW merchandise shipped to my house though if I need it, haha.

I think I went to Tred-D the last time I was there. It was really out of my price range. But I want to go in there and look around agian. :P I never notice that theater either. Next time we go to DL I need to actually go in the real one.

I think I might end up being really surprised by the prices. I mean, I've read that they were expensive, but I think I don't realize just how expensive it really is! I wouldn't be surprised if I take a pic of a price tag or two!

You know, you introduced me to photo shopping. Beforehand, I used to always think, man, I need that! Or I want that thing. Now I realize that I don't really want it, I could do with just a picture of it!

That picture of the Mitsukoshi snacks looks just like a very well organized store in Chinatown! Definitely go with the photo shopping there ;)

Haha, now you have a good camera to do really good photo shopping!

And doesn't Mitsukoshi look so so so clean?! That's the part that I love! No yuckiness around!

I love the photo shopping!

I'm going to have make sure I clean out the memory card before photo shopping! At least that's a lot easier to do than saving money!

And there's definitely no regret in photo shopping sprees! Except for maybe the regret of not getting something. But I think about whether or not to purchase ANYTHING for such a long time that I typically don't regret what I buy. It does comfort me to know that there's a way to get WDW merchandise shipped to my house though if I need it, haha.

I think I might end up being really surprised by the prices. I mean, I've read that they were expensive, but I think I don't realize just how expensive it really is! I wouldn't be surprised if I take a pic of a price tag or two!

Haha, now you have a good camera to do really good photo shopping!

And doesn't Mitsukoshi look so so so clean?! That's the part that I love! No yuckiness around!

I'm going to have make sure I clean out the memory card before photo shopping! At least that's a lot easier to do than saving money!

Haha that is Japan for you! They clean that place more than likely 13 times a day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter