It's been a while - who are you all flying with these days to MCO?

2Tiggies

Near to Tigger's House
As per the title of the thread

My parents are planning to come over for daughter's graduation next May and said flights look 'really expensive'
It's been years since we flew this route so I'm totally out of the loop on the best deals and which airlines usually have them. Any help would be appreciated.

They are flying from Glasgow or Edinburgh to MCO, but Sanford works too.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Thank you, both

They said Aer Lingus is horribly expensive. It may be the dates they are searching and they can afford to be flexible so I’ll suggest that.

I’ll get them to check BA again too

Your best bet is to use comparison sites like Skyscanner or Kayak. It takes a lot of the legwork out of hunting for cheap flights.

I don't know your exact dates, but Skyscanner is showing direct flights with Virgin from Glasgow for £532 (going out May 15, returning May 29). If they are willing to go indirect, then there's flights for the same dates via Amsterdam for £461.

Your best bet is to use comparison sites like Skyscanner or Kayak. It takes a lot of the legwork out of hunting for cheap flights.

I don't know your exact dates, but Skyscanner is showing direct flights with Virgin from Glasgow for £532 (going out May 15, returning May 29). If they are willing to go indirect, then there's flights for the same dates via Amsterdam for £461.

Thank you. I’ll do that. I forgot about those sites!

Their dates are reasonably flexible and they’ll be here roughly four weeks. I’ll take a look before I send them the info in case I need to explain anything to them 😁

Indirect is not always cheaper anymore, Norwegian is cheap if you can fly with them

Hi Lee, do you have any Virgin airmiles you could use for them. That's how we are doing it this year. Fly out Eco, return PE cost about £300 plus airmiles. Hope you are all well. Matt's 3rd Uni Graduation coming up sometime, he finishes his PhD this year, just turned 25 last week, where is the time going?

Try putting in dates and cabin class in ITA Matrix, that will give you a lust of prices.
Yiu can put in different airports to fly from.
When you get the best one, you can use the information to book it with a travel agent or direct with the airline

We flew with Norwegian in 2016 (admittedly a few years ago now) and they were really reasonable, that was from Glasgow. I think it was about £500 each.

definitely check skyscanner (which i find to be better than kayak).
i've found KLM to be super cheap, but that's when coming from tel aviv.
Not sure if they'll have the same. The only downside, is you have to fly via amsterdam.

We always fly Virgin Atlantic as we have found the service to be great for the price but others will say BA or Norwegian or many others.

What you have to find is which one fits in your price range and what seat types you get as these vary from airline to airline.

Virgin, I don't drive so transport from Sandford would be difficult, I love DME.
I like the Flying Club, I'm flying out in economy to LA and UC back to the UK from OIA using miles and £550. I'd have flown out UC, but, they had no availability. I will be using miles for next year's trip too. I had a small problem at check in two years ago and despite it being partly my fault they comped me 8000 miles, which I did not expect. I would not consider flying to Orlando with anyone else.

We're flying with Virgin. We kept an eye on SkyScanner from the day that flights were released and when they got down to a price that we were content with, we booked. We ended up paying £2000 for 6 of us in total and the prices haven't been that cheap since. Keep looking as the prices do change frequently so keep checking

We flew with Norwegian in 2016 (admittedly a few years ago now) and they were really reasonable, that was from Glasgow. I think it was about £500 each.
Just as a heads up it looks like Norwegian are in trouble so I would be very hesitant to book with them

To be fair to Norwegian whilst they have made losses now for over a year, part of this was caused with problems to their engines and max 8 planes they use. They raised money via a rights issue and have reduced their expansion plans, so are taking corrective action.

We all need to hope they get through this and continue to be able to operate on a budget airline basis. If they don’t transatlantic fares will rise, possibly by alarming sums.

KLM (which are Virgin operated flights) are cheaper than Virgin and BA sometimes, but I usually find BA to be the least expensive.

Booked flights with Virgin last weekend. 3 adult tickets, in July 2020, flying from Manchester, Economy Delight standard (extra legroom) for roughly £2050. I had seen some BA flights out of London for my dates a couple of weeks ago as cheap as around £1,700 for the 3 of us, but I waited for the Virgin flights to be released before committing, as I had some Virgin miles to put towards the flight cost. But by the time the Virgin flights were released, the BA flights were more expensive - just looked today, and they are up to £2,700 for the same dates now. I get the impression that lots of people are booking Florida holidays next year because of SWGE - I know at least 2 others who are considering going in my office - and prices and availability of both flights and rooms will be more difficult for 2020 than this year.

My advice is if you see prices that look good to you, get them booked. Wish I had booked the BA flights now (although it will be nice with the bit of extra legroom in Economy Delight with Virgin).

I’ve just booked today for next August with Lufthansa from Heathrow via Frankfurt. 4 tickets for £3k including paying for seat choice for transatlantic part of the trip. Really good price, cheaper than I paid indirect 5 years ago bearing in mind fuel is more expensive now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!