It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Needs An Eyepatch - A Dec TR Complete 8/31

What a great trip around the World Showcase! So neat to hear about holiday traditions from around the globe. Enjoy your vacation!

It is neat to hear about different traditions and to learn about how things are similar but also different.

You know, this makes me wonder what people from the other WS countries think of the holiday storytellers in their home counties. For example, I wonder if Italians are like "*** is this old lady talking about?" :rotfl:

:laughing: I have thought of that.

I think part of the problem with Canada is that our holiday celebrations and culture are pretty much the same as the States and very similar to other Western countries such as Germany/France/UK etc. So it is hard to have a unique storyteller for Canada hence the musical performance. What would be interesting for Canada is if they highlighted some of the traditions from Aboriginal culture. I am curious why they haven't done that actually.

That's lovely that you got to see so many of the story tellers, it would be really interesting to hear what our traditions are meant to be :rotfl2:

Have a lovely time in Turkey and stay safe :wave:

In the UK they highlighted the tradition of mistletoe and how you pick a berry off the bough every time you share a kiss. He discussed other things as well but I am having trouble remembering.

So annoyed right now. My desktop computer automatically updated to Windows 10 and now the folder that held Erich's photos from the trip has disappeared. Grrrr!!! I've done a search of the computer and they are nowhere. I even switched it back to Windows 7 and they are still gone! Luckily my own photos seem to be intact and I have my pictures on my Mac as well. Stupid Windows.

Sorry for the computer issues. Mine keeps prompting me to update to Windows 10 as well. But it sounds like you have an exciting trip planned!

We caught just a few minutes of the storytellers in Mexico but it seemed like lots of fun!

You guys did a great job planning the evening to see everyone! The storytellers from France and UK look very festive, wish we could have caught them!

In the UK they highlighted the tradition of mistletoe and how you pick a berry off the bough every time you share a kiss.
We do hang up mistletoe to kiss under but we don't pick a berry as it's expensive and normally has hardly any berries on these days :rotfl2:

You guys did a great job planning the evening to see everyone! The storytellers from France and UK look very festive, wish we could have caught them!

I was surprised we fit so many in. I thought for sure there would be a bunch we would have to see on our second Epcot day.

I am caught up again. I am really enjoying your report and it is getting me excited to start planning the HUGE trip next year. We are going in late November or early December and I can't wait to see how excited the kids get. Did Mexico have the Three Kings? I saw them on my last trip. The Daruma Vendor is the same one I saw last time and I agree she is really fun to watch.

I am caught up again. I am really enjoying your report and it is getting me excited to start planning the HUGE trip next year. We are going in late November or early December and I can't wait to see how excited the kids get. Did Mexico have the Three Kings? I saw them on my last trip. The Daruma Vendor is the same one I saw last time and I agree she is really fun to watch.

No, it was just the dancers/music and piñata in Mexico.

Here is the end of our Epcot day and my last post until I get back from Turkey.

We had managed to visit all the storytellers but one and it was now time to think about getting something to eat before getting in line for the Candlelight Processional. I wasn't terribly hungry so I opted to just get a soft pretzel in Germany and the boys went over to China to grab some food. On the way through the showcase we grabbed some nighttime photos.

Once we all had our food Mom, Alek and I made our way to the Processional line and Erich went off on his own. He had decided not to go to the Processional as he had seen it with Neal Patrick Harris during his college program. Even though we had tickets for guaranteed seating the line we had to wait in was extremely long. We joined the line down by Morocco. Once in line we sat down and ate our food and played Twenty Questions to kill time.

I think we were in line 30-45 minutes before we were let into the theatre. We grabbed some fairly decent seats and settled in for the show. There was some discussion with the people seated next to us about the need to buy a dining package to get a seat. Apparently they witnessed some guests throwing a fit over not being able to just stroll in and get a seat and were angry that they didn't know they had to book in advance. My opinion on this is that the information is extremely easy to find and if you make any sort of effort to plan your trip you would know that these packages are available. If seeing the Processional is that important to you and your family then book the package.

I really enjoyed the Processional and thought it was definitely worth getting the package/waiting in line. When planning the trip it showed that Joe Morton aka Papa Pope from Scandal was going to be our narrator. Well, something must have happened as he had been replaced with Ana Gasteyer. Mom and Alek didn't know who she was but I recognized her from a few things. She was a good narrator so I didn't mind the change that much.

Here are a couple clips from the show.

Continued in next post

Erich had sent us a message using Facebook Messenger ( got to love the wifi in the parks!). He had found a spot for us to watch Illuminations between Morocco and France.

What did Erich get up to while we were in the show? He browsed around some shops, England in particular and got a photopass photo. Any pictures he took are now lost to me thanks to my desktop computer automatically changing to Windows 10 and deciding to delete all my pictures. Thank goodness all the pictures from my camera and phone were also on my Mac. Erich's hadn't been backed up so I can't get my hands on them. So annoying!

Anyways, here are his photopass photos!

We found Erich and the spot he had grabbed us was on the little pathway where Belle does her meets during the day.

I recorded the holiday add-on to Illuminations. I just love all the Christmas extras at Epcot!

It was time for the slow exit from the park with lots of stops to take pictures and enjoy the park all lit up at night.

We had a fun and full day at Epcot and we were all ready to hit the hay.

We had a notice in our room informing us that the fire department would be conducting tests overnight and that the power would be off overnight. I was a bit worried that we wouldn't have time to recharge our phone/camera batteries but it turned out to be no problem at all.

Coming up when I am back from vacation: Family photo session and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

I completely agree with your take on packages, add ons, etc. What can you just stroll onto at WDW? Everything requires a wait or either an additional cost.

I would love to see the Candlelight Processional someday. NPH was narrating when we were there, but seeing it with 3 young kids would be torture and probably a waste of money. Great spot for Illuminations!

Hope you have a great trip!

I completely agree with your take on packages, add ons, etc. What can you just stroll onto at WDW? Everything requires a wait or either an additional cost.

I would love to see the Candlelight Processional someday. NPH was narrating when we were there, but seeing it with 3 young kids would be torture and probably a waste of money. Great spot for Illuminations!

Hope you have a great trip!

Hopefully one day you get to see the Processional. It is a great holiday event.

Loved the pix of The Candle light Processional and Illuminations !! I didn't buy tickets for the Processional, but we lucked out getting a spot to watch that was fantastic . If I go again I will definitely get the package to have a seat. Whoopie Goldberg was the narrator I saw

Lessa!! So good to see your TR! I can't wait to read more about your trip. Love your videos!

On the way through the showcase we grabbed some nighttime photos.
I love love love World Showcase at night!

If seeing the Processional is that important to you and your family then book the package.
This, 100 times this!

We found Erich and the spot he had grabbed us was on the little pathway where Belle does her meets during the day.
Great spot!

IMG_3790.jpg
Sigh. I love this show!

So annoyed right now. My desktop computer automatically updated to Windows 10 and now the folder that held Erich's photos from the trip has disappeared. Grrrr!!! I've done a search of the computer and they are nowhere. I even switched it back to Windows 7 and they are still gone! Luckily my own photos seem to be intact and I have my pictures on my Mac as well. Stupid Windows.

Huge Uuuuuuuugh!!! Not funny at all.

This is a really awesome shot of the 4 of you!

I'm curious... what is being projected on the ball?? Merry Christmas in languages? or Good night? or....???

Have to agree never heard of picking off berries !!!

I actually had heard of the tradition before. It is an old tradiotion that most probably don't follow anymore. I've read about in older English novels such as Jane Austen etc. Now but mostly just hang the fake stuff I believe and so no berry picking.

Loved the pix of The Candle light Processional and Illuminations !! I didn't buy tickets for the Processional, but we lucked out getting a spot to watch that was fantastic . If I go again I will definitely get the package to have a seat. Whoopie Goldberg was the narrator I saw

Whoppi would probably be a fun narrator!

Lessa!! So good to see your TR! I can't wait to read more about your trip. Love your videos!

Oh my gosh, Yuki!! How are you?!

Sigh. I love this show!

Me too!

Huge Uuuuuuuugh!!! Not funny at all.

Nope, not at all. It switched itself back to Windows 10 again!!! Now all my pictures are gone. Thank goodness I back my pictures up fairly regularly.

I'm curious... what is being projected on the ball?? Merry Christmas in languages? or Good night? or....???

It says Good Night in different languages. It would change every 30 seconds or so.

Oh my gosh, Yuki!! How are you?!

Lessa! I'm doing great! After I got married in Aug 2013, I spent two years in Beijing! China blocks the DIS for some reason so I was suffering from major withdrawal. Now I'm back for good!

I even have a trip planned for this August! I started a PTR ^_^

Lots of wonderful pictures, and a bunch of great Storytellers!

Did Mexico have the Three Kings?
Yes, I was a little lost with this one too! The Three Kings were so interactive the way they played to the audience, and one of my favorites!!! :sad1:

You got some beautiful nighttime pics. I just love the feel of Disney at night when it is all decked out for the holidays! The Candlelight Processional is so inspirational, and then to follow up with IllumiNations is just a great way to end the day!

Hope you have a great trip to Turkey! :thumbsup2

Nope, not at all. It switched itself back to Windows 10 again!!! Now all my pictures are gone. Thank goodness I back my pictures up fairly regularly.

Oh no! What a massive hassle! I"m so sorry, but very glad you have them backed up and can still keep moving this TR forward. :)

It says Good Night in different languages. It would change every 30 seconds or so.

That's really cool! Does that run year round??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter