It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Needs An Eyepatch - A Dec TR Complete 8/31

All caught up. I just got back from Disney and have been busy sorting out pics. Trying to decide if I want to do a report or not. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge too. I loved the views from the room.

OK I liked the Splash picture. I normally skip that and Big Thunder now. Just irritates my back so not worth it.

I can't wait till my next trip with the grandkids they will love the Castle Lighting. The one little guy LOVES Olaf so he will be thrilled. The kids will love the gingerbread house too.

I had dinner at Via Napoli a couple of years ago with my one of my friends from the DIS that I was traveling with. She loved her pizza, I opted for the veal parm which was just OK. There was a very gristly piece that just made me a little nauseous. I am a little weird like that. I did have the Zeppoli and they were very good. I think the wait staff was more fun than the meal. I have a couple of pictures I had to swear to never post in public.

Sounds like you had a great trip!

After lunch we took a look at the times guide and decided that we would go see the Germany holiday storyteller first. Mom said that she would meet us there as she had to use the washroom.

The boys and I stopped at the photopass photographer in Germany. Making the most of our Memory Maker purchase!

We found the storyteller area on the far side of Germany. There were no seats left on the benches but I was able to get a spot at one of the standing tables.

The holiday storyteller came out and Mom was still nowhere to be found. Where the heck was she?

I really liked the storyteller and I enjoyed hearing about German traditions, many of which we practice today.

She brought out an advent calendar and asked the audience if anybody knew what it was. Nobody was answering her so I spoke up and volunteered the answer. She then asked my name. "Lessa"

"Lisa?"

"No, Lessa"

"Liesta?"

I didn't want to drag this exchange out so I just let her think my name was Liesta... She called on me a few more times during the performance each time calling me Liesta! :laughing:

Mom finally showed up at the end of the performance. Where had she been anyways?

She had decided to skip the German storyteller in favour of getting a set of photopass shots in Italy.

There was an opportunity to get a picture with the storyteller so we got in line.

When my turn came she remembered to call me "Liesta". :rolleyes:

Erich looks like he is trying to pose like the nutcracker. I think he looks like he is constipated...

Glad you enjoyed the storyteller! Very awkward moment with the whole name issue though! I do love the decorations in the Germany pavilion.

Mom finally showed up at the end of the performance. Where had she been anyways?
I went to the bathroom at the American Pavillion, and told the kids I would met them in Germany, on my way back I saw a photopass photographer and had my picture taken, by the time I reached Germany, there was a lot of people gathered around so I stood at the back and waited till it ended to move up to find the kids. Sorry guys, I have nothing too exciting to add.

Great pics guys!! Funny about the "Liesta" but I totally would have done that too!! In fact...at Starbucks I do that all the time when they don't hear my name correctly...just go with whatever they say and hope I remember which drink is mine lol

Glad you enjoyed the storyteller! Very awkward moment with the whole name issue though! I do love the decorations in the Germany pavilion.

The name thing was awkward but I experience it all the time so I am so used to it by now.

Great pics guys!! Funny about the "Liesta" but I totally would have done that too!! In fact...at Starbucks I do that all the time when they don't hear my name correctly...just go with whatever they say and hope I remember which drink is mine lol

That happens to me at Starbucks often! I tend to just spell my name out for them. :laughing:

The holiday storyteller came out and Mom was still nowhere to be found. Where the heck was she?
Well, you said she went to the washroom. It takes a while to shower, towel off, and get dressed again.......... ;)

Erich looks like he is trying to pose like the nutcracker. I think he looks like he is constipated...
That was exactly my thought when I saw his expression.............. :rotfl2:

Nice update Liesta! :thumbsup2

The storyteller sounds very cute and how funny about getting your name wrong over and over :rotfl2:

Great pictures - I am definitely going to have to get a couple of pictures this next trip. I am amazed that you guys are able to wear flip-flops all day - my feet would fall off!

I definitely can't wear flip flops all day every day but they worked out great for this one day.

Well, you said she went to the washroom. It takes a while to shower, towel off, and get dressed again.......... ;)

Har har

The storyteller sounds very cute and how funny about getting your name wrong over and over :rotfl2:

Story of my life Jo.

Need to mark my spot. I found your TR last night-insomnia, and I am at work and need to respond so I can get updates.

I have to apologize to you. A few years ago, your family went to Midieval Times in Florida and I was skeptical about it. Our family just attended the one in Chicago and we had a great time. You also said you guys really enjoyed it. When I was there, I remembered your TR years ago, talking about it.

I am a terrible moderator, I hardly ever get to TR's. Last night I could not sleep and I looked over the board and saw a familiar post. So glad to see you again and that your family went back to WDW. Has it really been since 2011? Gosh, time does fly. Congratulations with your nursing degree.

Need to mark my spot. I found your TR last night-insomnia, and I am at work and need to respond so I can get updates.

I have to apologize to you. A few years ago, your family went to Midieval Times in Florida and I was skeptical about it. Our family just attended the one in Chicago and we had a great time. You also said you guys really enjoyed it. When I was there, I remembered your TR years ago, talking about it.

I am a terrible moderator, I hardly ever get to TR's. Last night I could not sleep and I looked over the board and saw a familiar post. So glad to see you again and that your family went back to WDW. Has it really been since 2011? Gosh, time does fly. Congratulations with your nursing degree.

Glad you enjoyed Medieval Times. Definitely not for everybody but we had a good time. I've heard that a lot depends on the location you go to.

Wow, no one knew what an advent calendar was? That's crazy.

Either that or nobody wanted to speak up and answer.

Our next holiday storyteller was in China. We had about 20 minutes before it started so I wandered around and took some pictures.

I noticed a photopass photographer down by Norway so Mom and I grabbed a shot.

There was not much of a crowd for the China Holiday Storyteller, maybe because it wasn't a storyteller. Instead, in China they perform a Lion Dance which is associated with the Chinese New Year. There is an information board there as with every storyteller that tells you about the tradition.

I enjoyed the Lion Dance and I can only imagine the amount of practice and coordination it takes to perform it.

Next up was Norway. The crowd for this story teller was much larger. I loved the Norway decorations, so pretty.

The Norway storyteller was very fun. I loved how each country had a different twist on the "Santa" tradition. In Norway it is a mischievous gnome that delivers gifts and plays tricks. During the performance the storyteller doesn't believe in this magic and the gnome plays tricks on her. It was all great fun.

I think the Norway storyteller was one of my favourites.

There was not much of a crowd for the China Holiday Storyteller, maybe because it wasn't a storyteller. Instead, in China they perform a Lion Dance which is associated with the Chinese New Year. There is an information board there as with every storyteller that tells you about the tradition.

I enjoyed the Lion Dance and I can only imagine the amount of practice and coordination it takes to perform it.
Whaaaat? When I was there it was the Monkey King??? Maybe it was the year of the Monkey......... :confused3 I just assumed that was their normal tradition since I only saw the very end of it. Had hoped to see the whole "show" at some point. Guess it might be a few years before the Monkey King shows up again........ :blush:

The Norway storyteller was very fun. I loved how each country had a different twist on the "Santa" tradition. In Norway it is a mischievous gnome that delivers gifts and plays tricks. During the performance the storyteller doesn't believe in this magic and the gnome plays tricks on her. It was all great fun.
I think the Norway storyteller was one of my favourites.
This is one of my favorites also. I usually join in and find myself a part of the show...........:rotfl:

Wow, great outfits in Norway! I'm sure the Lion Dance was very impressive as well.

I loved the Norway outfits as well. I sometimes wish that we all still dressed like that. :laughing:

Whaaaat? When I was there it was the Monkey King??? Maybe it was the year of the Monkey......... :confused3 I just assumed that was their normal tradition since I only saw the very end of it. Had hoped to see the whole "show" at some point. Guess it might be a few years before the Monkey King shows up again........ :blush:

No idea, maybe the Monkey King is part of a different holiday celebration in China?

I've had the opportunity to witness a Lion Dance and it is quite fun. I'll have to put the Norway storytellers on my to do list on my next visit.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter