It's A Small World - A Never-ending Pre-trip Report

Following along! Sounds like a wonderful trip! I'm thinking about taking my daughter (my Disney partner-in-crime) to DL Paris for her "big" birthday next year, so I'm excited to tag along on your trip. She and I will actually be in WDW on the same days you are in Paris - so I'm not so jealous! We go for the Food and Wine Festival almost every year, and I thought that Paris would be a great surprise for her.
Have a wonderful time!

Sorry work was extended. Glad it didn't affect your vacation.

This actually worked out quite well. I managed to get quite a bit done yesterday so I can now just relax. Today I have had a nice lazy day.

That's wonderful news Graham was able to take Friday off.

I am so glad that he managed to pull this off. This works so much better for us.

Sounds like some progress is being made on the Disney front :)

Definitely. I am just about ready.

Following along! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Welcome.

I'm thinking about taking my daughter (my Disney partner-in-crime) to DL Paris for her "big" birthday next year, so I'm excited to tag along on your trip.

I will do a trip report once I get back and will post the link on here. They have now posted the refurbishment dates for the next 18 month and throughout next year, a lot of rides will be closed down. They have their silver anniversary in 2017 and it looks like they pretty much intend to rebuild the park between now and then.

She and I will actually be in WDW on the same days you are in Paris - so I'm not so jealous!

I hope that you will have a great time. I was at Walt Disney World at the beginning of October.

Have a wonderful time!

Thank you.

Corinna

Corinna -
Thanks for the info on the refurbishments! I'll certainly look for more details on that if/when I make the plans. Maybe her trip wil be the
big year + 1!

Corinna -
Thanks for the info on the refurbishments! I'll certainly look for more details on that if/when I make the plans. Maybe her trip wil be the
big year + 1!

I think this may be a great idea not only from the refurbishment side, but I am sure they will have a bunch of special things planned for the anniversary. You can find the refurbishment calendar here:

http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

Corinna

My leave did eventually happen and with the weather here being absolutely awful, we have battened down the hatches and are having a nice lazy day. I ordered the car service for Tuesday morning today. Now I just have to sort out our tickets to come back and pack and then I am all set. I will buy my train ticket when I arrive and get the annual pass at Disneyland Paris as well.

Yesterday I spotted the entertainment calendar for this week. There are a few things that make me quite happy. Spider-man is still at Disneyland Paris. Apparently he will head over to Disneyland soon and Captain America will take his place at Disneyland Paris. I am glad that the change over has not happened yet. Another thing I rather like is that the Christmas parade is separate from the normal parade. The Christmas parade runs three times a day and then the normal parade is shown in the early evening before the tree lighting ceremony. The thing that makes me more excited is that the new guide mentions a character meet and greet with Marie or friends. I have met Marie a couple of times at the Magic Kingdom, but I know that they very rarely have Berlioz and Toulouse out at Disneyland Paris. Normally they are out for Easter, but it looks like they will be out for Christmas this year.

Corinna

Have a great trip Corinna!

As to the Christmas parade - be prepared that is not a large parade. Really just a few floats. That's how they can show it three times. I think it has been expanded a bit since we saw it two years ago. The plan seems to be to have it grow over the years. But we liked it a lot for what it was!

Corinna, may I bother you with a small request?? I just looked at the DLP app and saw that they currently have EMH at WDS. I have never experienced that, but when we will be there, we will have those as well. Would you mind taking note of what is open during EMH in the Studios. I know that at DLP it is usually Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I am hoping that Crush and Ratatouille will both be open in the Studios. That would be a great way of getting to ride those two (hopefully!) before the lines get crazy. I would appreciate it very much if you could share your experience. Thank you very much in advance and I hope you have a fabulous trip!

Have a great trip Corinna!

Thanks.

As to the Christmas parade - be prepared that is not a large parade. Really just a few floats. That's how they can show it three times.

I thought that this would be the case when I saw that this is shown a few times during the day. I thought it was probably similar in scope to the Character Train they used to have at Disneyland Paris or Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It at Magic Kingdom.

The plan seems to be to have it grow over the years.

That is actually a sweet irony. They used to have a full-blown Christmas parade. When I first visited in 1996 this absolutely blew my mind. I still have the title song "Chante C'est Noel" on my iPod. It looks like this run until at least 2005. This is pretty much how I remember it:

When we went back in 2007, I was really excited to see the Christmas parade again, but by then it was just Santa's float and some nutcrackers at the end of the normal parade.

Almost time! Have a great trip!

Thanks.

Corinna

Have a fantastic trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jill in CO

Corinna, may I bother you with a small request??

This is absolutely no bother.

Would you mind taking note of what is open during EMH in the Studios.

I definitely will. I am planning to be at the Studios for EMH on Wednesday.

I am hoping that Crush and Ratatouille will both be open in the Studios.

I really struggled finding out much about this at all. When I mentioned that during the whole of my time there, EMH is at the studios people did not even believe me. Apparently that does not happen all that often. What I could find ranges from Crush's Coaster, Rock'n'Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror and the Toy Story Playland attractions being open to everything being open.

I would appreciate it very much if you could share your experience.

I definitely will. I have pretty much made up my mind that I will do the trip report for Disneyland Paris first before I get on with the trip report for my September/ October trip. I am making good progress with this and I am just about finished with pre-typing the instalment for day 3, but to me it just makes more sense to do the Disneyland Paris one first.

Corinna

Well, I am pretty much all packed. I just need to put the last odds and ends in my luggage when I am finished with them.

I registered for the Disneyland Paris Photopass website today and downloaded the app. As soon as I have my annual pass tomorrow, I will get Photopass+. The normal Photopass+ at Disneyland Paris is valid for 10 days, but the annual pass version is €10 cheaper and is valid for the whole year. That is a pretty good deal. They do not have the roaming Photopass photographers like they have at Walt Disney World and Disneyland, but it is still nice to have.

This afternoon I had my nails done and have decided to go with a Frozen theme. I really love how they have turned out.

Close up of Olaf:

I better think about getting some sleep. I have to get up at 3:30 AM tomorrow morning. I see you at the other end.

Corinna

Love the nails! They did a great job! Get some sleep and have a safe trip!

Jill in CO

I'm sorry I missed your send off. I hope you're have a fabulous trip!!!!

Love the nails :)

Corinna,
I wanted to take a minute to check in and see if you posted that you were okay with the terrible events in Paris tonight. Prayers for all that were affected and hope you are safe and trip is not interrupted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!