It's A Prank...A 21st Birthday Celebration Updated 4/2

Guzzling In The Grotto

We made the trek to the Contemporary, and on the way over KC told Garret he was not invited on anymore Disney trips because he asks too many questions. Apparently I come from a family who are Disney snobs and if you don’t know Disney like the back of your hand you’re not invited to go with us anymore.
We made it to the contemporary lobby and waited for Alicia before heading over to the poly to meet up with our parents, who had spent the whole afternoon hanging out on the poly beach.
Just a sighting of a Pa in his natural habitat

32601277952_df93d61b06.jpg

So we found Alicia headed to the poly, browsed the gift shop as we waited for our parents.
While I browsed the mug section to add to my collection of mugs I don’t really need KC was startled by a tiki man peeking in the window

31940725903_f4ac63d817.jpg

With our troops all in line we were off to one of my favorite places on property…trader sam’s!
Apparently today was a popular day to guzzle in the grotto. Since the inside seating is so small we had to get a buzzer and wait. They did give us the option of going outside on the patio since they serve the same drinks but the antics that go on inside is what makes the experience worth it. We made the decision to wait…but only for 15 minute tops because we had dinner reservations to make.
Luckily our buzzer went off and we had to scramble to find a table big enough for 6 people.
Now came the real struggle, what to get to drink. I try to make it here every trip so I’ve already had all of the specialty drinks on the menu (minus the nautilus) It was either going to be the zombie head or the krakatoa and whatever came out of my mouth when the waiter came over would be what I got.
The Krakatoa won this round

32596439366_8ba680d817.jpg

32483772462_80c64885ce.jpg

KC finally got his Nautilus and my opinion this is the best drink on the menu, however its the most expensive and is a sharing drink but that didn’t stop KC.

32514538751_c3e82b4397.jpg

And at the end of the day everyone got something different. Sorry tiki goddess but we couldn’t help guzzling in to grotto.

32514533101_50cb370de0.jpg

What it takes to get that instagram pic in the grotto

32374573280_a98035933d.jpg

32374572250_fdd4d04919.jpg

After Trader Sam’s we headed off to our family’s home away from home for some dinner.
So it was back on the monorail to the magic kingdom where we caught the boat to Fort Wilderness.

32374570850_bb97232fb4.jpg

While we waited for the boat Ma kept saying how she wasn’t going to go and pay to eat and Alicia was freaking out because her schedule was about to drop and she needed to be on the disney wifi to see it and so she could jump on shifts.
We got to fort wilderness and checked in a bit early at Trails End thats when Ma and Pa decided they were going to eat with us because they weren’t hungry enough to do a buffet.

32694475066_7d951dc0f4.jpg

We left the boys with the buzzer and Alicia and I ran off to the trading post. Every time I walk into that store I just want to get the long sleeve shirt but I always walk away. This was one of those times even though Alicia kept saying “I get 40% off” I still just had to walk away. And thanks to KC calling us I didn’t have time to buy it anyways.
Trails End here we come!
I was ready to eat and fill up on mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and corn bread. Thats all I need in life. But then I saw that they had chicken noodle soup today but the non-existing bowls was the only thing stopping me from getting some. But luckily a CM came out with a basket full of bowls and my night was made.

32611347781_580b7d3869.jpg

32755880865_205bbb3e19.jpg

As we ate Garret brought up some small dinner talk
“KC looks older than Sam. and Alicia looks like she could be the 24 year old”
KC had no come back for that so he just went “That’s cause she is skinny..*then slowly points to me* and….infant”
Scarfing down this delicious food comes easy to me but I know I need to also save room for some dessert. So I think strawberry shortcake, gummy bears and sugar cookies makes for a good healthy dinner.

32611346101_bd8a17dfc7.jpg

After a very delicious and filling dinner we all headed back to the kingdom for the night.

32611348811_c88984669e.jpg

As we waited for a boat back to the kingdom we saw fireworks go off. This all confused us because it wasn’t even 8 o'clock yet. Alicia thought it was just the last show of the castle show but when I looked it up I realized we missed Once Upon A Time. I just assumed that it would be before Wishes. So I was kind of really mad that I missed it but Alicia was right I saw it in Tokyo when I was there. But this time it would be different because it would be all in English and I would understand it!
Note to self and others: Once Upon A Time starts at 7:30 and not 9:30 before Wishes

Continue to Next Post

Last edited:
So happy I stumbled upon this. I have missed your TRs!! It sounds like I might have some I need to go catch up on, too...

That ride pic on splash is EVERYTHING. Love it!

Looking forward to the rest!

OMG those drinks look so good. I like just about anything made with Rum. My kind of place!:drinking1

I stayed at Fort Wilderness once about 25 years ago. I remember loving it but we rented a motor home and honestly we just had too many people. The grounds were amazing and you could spend a whole day just exploring. I hope to go back one day and would love to try the Trails End Buffet. The pictures of the food you posted look delicious.

So happy I stumbled upon this. I have missed your TRs!! It sounds like I might have some I need to go catch up on, too...

That ride pic on splash is EVERYTHING. Love it!

Looking forward to the rest!
Welcome!!!! I seem to take too many trips...but is that even possible?

OMG those drinks look so good. I like just about anything made with Rum. My kind of place!:drinking1

I stayed at Fort Wilderness once about 25 years ago. I remember loving it but we rented a motor home and honestly we just had too many people. The grounds were amazing and you could spend a whole day just exploring. I hope to go back one day and would love to try the Trails End Buffet. The pictures of the food you posted look delicious.
I am the same way, thats why I love it here!
Originally my mother wanted to rent a golf cart for that night to just ride around and enjoy the grounds. However that did not happen. The food is so good at the buffet, it's one of mine and Alicia's favorite places to eat.

PSA: Space Mountain Is Closed!

32694475986_6aa8d2e87b.jpg

Once we made it back into MK we headed over to frontierland. I just needed to get a picture of my toms and the country bears sign. This turned out to be a bigger task than I thought. There I was laying in front of the theatre legs up to the sign using my abs to snap the picture.

32694476996_6708f16449.jpg

Little did I know what this little act of mine would become. A Country Bear CM came over to me and asked where I got my shoes when I told her I painted them this started a whole conversation on what paints I use, if we were CMs, if I was a big country bear fan. Alicia chimed in saying I was such a big fan that I went all the way over to Tokyo Disneyland to see it. We had a long conversation with this CM that she felt bad holding us up. We saw what I thought was a guest waiting to talk to her/ask her a question (If we only noticed his classic black CM sneakers sooner we would have known that was not the case) when he sat down and started digging in his bag. She told us wait a second and then gave a pile of fastpasses. Magical moments were made and all because I wanted to take a picture of my shoes.

31941557213_7a27f40538.jpg

So with some fast passes to burn we headed to thunder. While in line a lady asked me where I got my fastpasses. Once I told her that a CM gave them to us as a magical moment she was sort of bummed but glad that she wasn’t missing out on fastpasses.
As the spiel was going in spanish Alicia goes what does it mean?
“It means please hold hands…wait what?!”

32694476876_4edd2529e5.jpg

32581324252_8293ff5ac3.jpg

We had no clue what to do next. We hadn't done Pirates yet so we walked past there to see a 50 minute wait and walked away. As we headed to the other side of the park we found ourselves in tomorrowland where we all agreed to join the monster world for a laugh or two.
We got more than two laughs out of this showing, it had to be one of the best ones I have ever been to yet.
Mac and Cheese had a father and son duo get up and dance while they sang the north Carolina national anthem.
Buddy had the whole back corner holding up their antennas. One guy in the frame had one of his “antennas” holding a water bottle…gotta stay hydrated.
After the laugh floor we headed to Space Mountain to use our last free fp.

32694477676_68c52ab97e.jpg

Right before getting into our rocket Alicia realized that she lost her CM main gate pass and that was not a good thing.

32602323532_ee8b1a49cf.jpg

So after our ride through space Alicia said we had to go back and re walk our steps. The thought of walking all the way back to thunder was not something I was looking forward too. As we got out of Space we saw that they were closing the ride down because of technical difficulties. So while we headed out of tomorrowland the crowd from Wishes started making its way towards space. Being the nice people Alicia and I are we were literally shouting “Space mountain is closed….its closed….space is broken” Guests didn’t care about our public service announcement that they only had one thing on their mind and kept running past. Guys we weren’t playing a prank this was real.
Even after we were out of tomorrowland we were shouting “Space is closed!” all the way until we reached city hall. There Alicia went to guest relations to see if anyone brought it to lost and found, but no luck. But luckily for me she didn’t make us walk the park and I did tell her that her main gate should be linked to her magic bands…but we will see if that was a real thing tomorrow while we try getting into a park.
Since we were in the front of the park we decided to call it a night and make the walk over to the contemporary. There we all hopped in Alicia’s car and had a karaoke jam sash, and I live for these moments every time we ride around.
Bringing Don’t- Ed Sheeran back to our life…flashback to my DCP days.
Then it was home sweet home back to the boardwalk

32694478926_52aaed2396.jpg

31941556733_cb91bf0247.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:
Great score on the fast passes. You are such a talented painter. I remember seeing other shoes you've painted in other trip reports.

I hope Alicia doesn't have problems with her ticket. It's got to be such a sick feeling in your stomach when she realized she lost it. Hope all turned out well.

Great score on the fast passes. You are such a talented painter. I remember seeing other shoes you've painted in other trip reports.

I hope Alicia doesn't have problems with her ticket. It's got to be such a sick feeling in your stomach when she realized she lost it. Hope all turned out well.
It was such a surprise and we were just sort of lucky to in the right place at the right time.
Thank you so much!

Glad to see you back - love the TRs!
Thank you and Welcome back!

Having A Picture Perfect Morning

Today was a bright early morning since there was morning EMH at studios. Being the nice sister that I am I made my sister who works early mornings everyday get up at 6:45am to go to a park on her day off. In return I had to do her hair, kawaii style of course because that girl is still stuck in her Japan lifestyle. This morning was Alicia introduced us to the “I have an pineapple, I have a pen…pineapple pen” Its the strangest/stupidest thing I have ever watched but the stupid song is so catchy that we were all singing as we got ready that morning.
Then we decided to check out the morning breakfast options at the innkeeper lounge.

32747860606_54ceb17deb.jpg

32788341985_88df1706dd.jpg

Although today was omelet day we had no time to wait so I opted for oatmeal.

32635048562_7351191b73.jpg

While we ate Alicia had to print off her Holiday CM passes so she didn’t have to waste her regular CM guest passes and her holiday passes expired in February so it was perfect. The CM in the club level let her play on her computer and print her passes off.
After breakfast we were off to make the walk to Hollywood Studios. We didn’t plan to go to studios this trip but because they had morning EMHs and we could walk we decided why not. However Ma and Pa hung back because they had to buy passes and didn’t want to spend the extra money for a park hopper when we were only going to the park for an hour.
This morning was “chilly” and I regretted not bringing a sweater….and by chilly it was like 70 something degrees so it was really nice for the walk to studios.

32747861636_3ecfb96940.jpg

The park was actually really crowded that we were stopped at the bag check for a little bit so the crowds were overly packed at the turn styles. Once we made it to the turnstiles it was time to see if Alicia’s maingate was linked to her magic band…thankfully it was (although I knew it would be) and then we were in.

32747871566_c58621d1c2.jpg

32635051512_71c137bd1f.jpg

By the time we got down to sunset boulevard we found out that Tower of Terror was down, perfect that was one of two reasons we were there. So instead we followed the crowd to RnR where we saw the CM setting up a queue outside of the regular queue line. Excuse me what? Is this Christmas time with these crowds?! We got in the line anyways and thats when we noticed that the regular queue wasn’t even being snaked, so the wait was actually a breeze but on our only time we waited Alicia made me take a picture of the shoes I painted for her and that I made her open the night before.
Since that girl is still obsessed with her tokyo life I just had to add to her collection of her favorite cat.

32705632591_2087965408.jpg

31986086234_b3ea67f025.jpg

Once we got off we thought we heard screaming coming from the tower so we headed there to see that it was still down? Nah just kidding it was up and ready.
Checking in…

32747863646_a0c5dd2aa4.jpg

32665048501_b9a20e66dd.jpg

32408128880_0078b0c28a.jpg

32747877436_76b1b6f6ea.jpg

I don’t know if the crowds we came into the park with all though tower was down but our library was not at all full and we had so much room.

32788353235_62b926a0fc.jpg

Today a dream of mine almost came true. When we got to the boiler room we were placed with a one other family. I thought we would just wait for more people to come to fill up most of the elevator. So we listened to the CM and went to the row given but joke was on us we could have probably all had our own row if we asked. Instead we just got mike wazowski-ed. RUDE!

32788344695_a4ba429a20.jpg

Before we left the park we grabbed some starbucks for the walk to Epcot.
Those chai tea lattes are the only thing I ever get now

32747864276_583da57f7e.jpg

The very last thing was to be two sisters being nice and basic with our starbucks

32747867226_0565290979.jpg

32747871136_3939214337.jpg

See ya later Studios. The boat was leaving so we decided to make the walk from studios to epcot. The idea of this walkway is super nice and in January it was great but I couldn't imagine walking that during the summer season.
Today was 40-80% chance of rain all day and we were praying that it would hold off for as long as it could but this morning it wasn’t looking all that promising

32408130740_42467d82bf.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:
Zedus Lapedus Zenon

Once getting to Epcot we had less than five minutes to get from the international gateway entrance to mission space before our fastpasses were up and done. Although we didn’t really need a fastpass because its mission space and it hardly ever has a wait. But we accepted the challenge and made it just in time.

32102606873_48a1db84c0.jpg

We met up with Ma and Pa and headed into our space training.
Zedus Lapedus Zenon we’re going into space!

32793485531_17f5a5aa3b.jpg

Since we were a party of the 6 were were split 3 and 3 meaning Ma had to go with Alicia and I while Pa went with the boys. How excited was Ma to be trapped in a small space with her over excited daughters…the tone in her voice was less than thrilled but Alicia and I were living while we were trying to get to Mars.
After our Mission to Mars we had to head to the other side of future world so we could now travel the world. As we headed to Soarin Ma made a comment that she already did it this morning and said how she already liked it 100% more with the new video. On the walk over Alicia missed out of breakfast this morning so she enjoyed a taco that she had Ma buy her back at home from her favorite taco joint, mighty taco. Nothing like a 2 day old taco.

32102607733_524270a102.jpg

We’re clear for take off

32102606153_33b921e4cb.jpg

32763746222_c1f0328cba.jpg

We were lucky enough to at the cut off point meaning we got row 1 middle which is the best seat in the house.
After soarin’ we stayed in the land pavilion and headed to Ma’s favorite attraction. As we weaved through the millions of people we passed by so many small newborns and Alicia randomly said “What if I had a baby?” That came out of no where and it was weird to hear from the girl who never wants children. Pa just told her that she would have to move back home and that I would have to raise it.
Living with the land…a 30 minute wait. With nothing else to do we hopped in line.

32793486501_701bf58d41.jpg

Once we got through the continuous moving line the CM messed up and put 6 of us in the same row. Alicia made a comment for just me to hear…but the CM overheard and apologized right away. Alicia felt bad because she had no intention for her to hear she just thought it would hard to fit us all in one row.
Welcome to the land…here we have some greens

32102609213_0334752118.jpg

and over here we have more plants

32102608823_d10f5597bd.jpg

32102608453_e1ec348675.jpg

At the end of the ride Ma questioned where the song was. She was very confused because we always sing it but she didn’t hear it on the ride. You could say she was a little disappointed when we told her it wasn’t actually played on the ride.
At this point I was so hungry and ready for some lunch but we still had one last fast pass to use in future world before we headed to the world showcase.
When we got to spaceship earth it looked really crowded. Once we got closer we were hearing that someone jumped out of the cart and they had to stop the ride. Nice.
After hearing that Alicia told me one of the craziest stories that I have ever heard about a guest jumping off a ride. Recently one of her friends thought they were going to take a normal safari at animal kingdom. That was until a guest asked how much longer the ride was, as we all know Kilimanjaro is different every time and can differ in time. However where they were they still had about 5-10 minutes left. Turns out the man jumped out of the car to pee behind a tree. The CM was FREAKING OUT and trying to call everyone he could on his radio. The guy ended up running back and jumping back into his row but still. I could only imagine what was going through that CMs head along with everyone on that safari. I guess once they got back security was waiting for the guy when he got off.

32765069252_26aa2a3e69.jpg

Back to epcot…they got it back up and running. And this time Alicia and I totally changed up our future video. We lived in a treehouse and rode bikes and it was a pretty cool life we were living.
After Spaceship earth I was super excited because it was finally time to check out the new festival of the arts and get myself a school bread!

32763747782_fe442b7563.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:
That's just crazy how someone would jump out of the safari ride. Who knows what animal could be behind the tree. :rolleyes2

:offtopic: I'm reading another trip report on a Disney Cruise to Norway and the dis-er actually went to a bakery and ordered school bread. She posted a picture and it's exactly like the one served in EPCOT. It's so nice to know that everything really is so authentic.

WoW! What was that person thinking? Bad enough they put their own life at risk, but they totally ruined the ride for everyone else. Imagine it was someone's very first trip/ride on the Safari. So rude and disrespectful!

I tried school bread for the very first time when I went in January. OMG!!! It was amazing. I always stayed away from it because I'm not a huge coconut fan but decided to finally try it. Ugh I loved it!

That's just crazy how someone would jump out of the safari ride. Who knows what animal could be behind the tree. :rolleyes2

:offtopic: I'm reading another trip report on a Disney Cruise to Norway and the dis-er actually went to a bakery and ordered school bread. She posted a picture and it's exactly like the one served in EPCOT. It's so nice to know that everything really is so authentic.
I need to do a disney cruise to Norway! Norway is on my list of places I want to go at some point in my life. I need a real school bread!

I LOVE the Zenon movies! Great title!
The Zenon movies were a personal favorite

WoW! What was that person thinking? Bad enough they put their own life at risk, but they totally ruined the ride for everyone else. Imagine it was someone's very first trip/ride on the Safari. So rude and disrespectful!

I tried school bread for the very first time when I went in January. OMG!!! It was amazing. I always stayed away from it because I'm not a huge coconut fan but decided to finally try it. Ugh I loved it!
YESSS!!!! I'm so glad you tried it and liked it! I think the coconut turns down a lot of people but its not all that over powering. Plus the price is super great.

Painting With All The Colors Of The Wind

The new festival of the arts at Epcot was something that I didn’t know what to expect. I’m glad our trip landed a week after it started because I got to see what sort of things were going on through the day via social media. There were 2 things I NEEDED to get done, paint the mural and go see the Disney On Broadway show.
So before we even started our drinking around the world: 21st birthday extravaganza I made a beeline to the mural painting. There was a non existing line and I was ready to paint the whole mural by myself. The CMs told us about the mural, what we would be doing, than assigned everyone a color. Today we were told we could paint up to 10 of our number squares but I’ve also saw that people were told 5, I would just assume that it just depends on how far along/busy it is.

32789764182_bb5db5f09a.jpg

32765058722_a1c3b33e14.jpg

The painting was a go

32075695294_48ebed1c24.jpg

32103768543_b759ddd7c6.jpg

32918477345_6aac832a23.jpg

Just a native painting with all the colors of the wind…but truth: it was super windy this day

32878000546_1db51fc8d5.jpg

When KC is the giant in your family and makes sure to get you all the classy high up angles.

32878003896_51346585fe.jpg

32877999826_588ab84653.jpg

After completing your 10 squares you are rewarded with a postcard with the picture that will be the finished product.

32877995046_067863df6b.jpg

After experiencing my first activity of the festival I was quickly becoming a huge fan.
But this huge fan needed to get to Norway for food.
But first Mexico because we were not back tracking and the drinking starts now…
We were all responsible when it came to drinking around the world, mostly because we all decided to take 3-4 pavilions and not each one. The main reason for this was to save on money because I don’t have that kind of cash to throw away on alcohol (Although at the beginning Kc and I kept telling everyone we could take one of their pavilions if they didn’t want something)
So first up was Alicia in her favorite pavilion, Mexico for a margarita.
side note - I took everyone’s drink to snapchat every pavilion so it looked like I was a big spender/alcoholic. But those who know me aka my friend Brittany knew it was all just for show cause when I saw her after this trip she said “I don’t doubt you being able to drink around the world, I do however doubt you spent that amount of money too drink around the world” I mean she’s not wrong.
So here’s to an avocado margarita that tasted a lot better then how it sounded

32943625415_31a3596f50.jpg

32562631210_8640905764.jpg

Then it was to Norway!!! I’m coming I’m coming.
This was my stop for food, KC’s for a drink.
My eyes were bigger than my stomach so I got my usual school bread but I also got the meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry sauce. I thoroughly liked this meal at Akershus so I was glad that it was an option at the bakery.

32943628695_9c65df7322.jpg

But the real winner will always be the school bread

32099903734_aeea6a9697.jpg

I guess I made the decision of eating here for everyone because they all got something from the bakery. KC and Garrett went with a sandwich while my parents split a sandwich and a creme horn. And Alicia didn’t get anything because she had her taco prior

32563089370_9e7bdb8a27.jpg

32903257626_d669d3644a.jpg

Just a Sam in her natural habitat

32100337474_d0cab5a60f.jpg

Both KC and Garrett got the viking coffee - flavored with Kamora Coffee Liqueur and Baileys Irish Cream.
I’m not a big coffee person like KC but I would give this a thumbs up, not horrible

32099904884_c37dbb950b.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:
Painting that mural looked so cool! ::yes:: I hadn't heard of that!

Great update! :drinking1

How fun!

I am going to Epcot Monday for the last day of the Arts festival so excited!

I tried school bread for the first time because of your threads. thank you for that!

Keep it coming with the names of the drinks you tried. I'll be in Disney next week and we also plan to Drink Around the World. However, we will be sharing drinks. There is no way I would make it past two or three by myself. :drinking1 The coffee one sounds interesting. Someone else posted about one in China called The Tipsy Duck. I have to try that one.

Painting that mural looked so cool! ::yes:: I hadn't heard of that!

Great update! :drinking1
It was one of my favorite things of the day

How fun!

I am going to Epcot Monday for the last day of the Arts festival so excited!

I tried school bread for the first time because of your threads. thank you for that!
I'm so glad you got to experience school bread and all its glory!

Keep it coming with the names of the drinks you tried. I'll be in Disney next week and we also plan to Drink Around the World. However, we will be sharing drinks. There is no way I would make it past two or three by myself. :drinking1 The coffee one sounds interesting. Someone else posted about one in China called The Tipsy Duck. I have to try that one.
First off I hope you have fun next week! KC got the tipsy duck as well but enjoyed the viking coffee more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter