It's glowing brighter anywhere you are

And Once upon a time
You made your own song
No matter how it's read
Or any way it's said
You'll never sing it wrong

Sam

32559182586_0b7f737be3.jpg

I’m Sam and I’m a disneyholic, if I’m not in Disney I’m planning a trip to Disney. I know WDW like the back of my hand and if I don’t talk about Disney daily something is definitely wrong with me. Although I love Disney world my biggest dream is to go to all the Disney parks around the world.

Alicia

32559183686_c0bb22f07b.jpg

My lovely older sister, who I call Alish. She is currently an Entertainment CM at WDW, so we can thank her for all my present and future trips. She is currently beating me with visiting and checking off more Disney parks around the world, but a sister trip to Paris might be in the close future.

KC and Garret

32559184466_094f7ff603.jpg

The birthday boys! (who I never got a photo of themselves) KC is my brother and the youngest of the family. Garret is KC’s friend from school who liked Disney enough to come and join our crazy disney family.

The Rents

32559184296_7c9bc5f598.jpg

The two that created disney obsessed children. My Ma took my father on his first trip to Disney for her high school graduation trip where they stayed at the contemporary and although at the time we thought it was a childish place he soon loved it.

When: January 21- January 24
Where: Boardwalk Club Level
Why: Operation 21st Birthday celebration!

And once upon a time
A dream you had came true
No matter where you land
You'll always understand
Once upon a time is up to you

It's All Pure Magic Wrapped Up In Tarps

Operation 21st Birthday celebration started its early stages of planning back in May 2015 when KC and I went to WDW for their last 24 hour event. On that trip we went to Trader Sam’s for the first time where I told him we would come back for his 21st birthday and he could get the Nautilus.
Flash forward to over a year later to this past October before I left on my MNSSHP trip we booked this trip one random night. We knew KC’s real birthday wouldn’t work to well because it was so close to the holidays so we pushed it off to January. So I was randomly searching flights and found $70 each ways, this is when my parents invited themselves on this trip. The only problem was that we now couldn’t stay at the Polynesian like planned but when we found the Boardwalk Club level deluxe room we couldn’t pass it up.

Fast forward again to our DISNEY DAY!!!

The morning of Saturday January 21 my alarm went off at 6am and I was unaware what day it was or why my alarm was going off. But then it hit me I’m going to Disney! (this is the only time I am ok with waking up so early) By 6:40 we were packed in the car and off to the airport. Since there wasn’t enough room with luggage and people we had to make two trips. So while we waited for the rents to get to the airport I talked to KC and Garret on how I’m planning 2017 to be a year of travel…but we shall see how that actually goes.
Security went quickly and headed to our gate. And like every time I walk anywhere with my family I am always behind them as they make a wall in front of me, casual.

32220894140_445012e359.jpg

We found our gate with so many families waiting to take their little ones to the happiest place on earth. While I waited to board the plane my friend texted me saying the next thing up on her calendar was our NYC trip and all I could respond was my next trip was happening in t minus 3 hours when I touched down in florida. The flight went quick because I slept and when I woke up we were in sunny florida!
On the way to the magical express we saw a new Starbucks nicely located right before the ME kiosks.

32447029102_ff2eee83f4.jpg

Today was a busy day at the Magical express but it didn’t matter to me because we were in Disney.

32477220871_4fd8cbb766.jpg

Our ride to disney property was spent listening to a guy sitting behind me talking to his wife all about disney. However his wife didn’t seem all that disney thrilled and in that moment I knew I could never be in a relationship like that. Do you know how much I talk about Disney?! For the whole ride I thought “ok this guy knows what he is talking about” but then he called it fort wilderness lodge….this is when I learned you may have an annual pass but it doesn’t mean you are disney obsessed.
And soon we were officially on Disney Property….HONEY I’M HOME!

32477218041_199a39cf57.jpg

Ma was worried about the whole not having a room once we got there. Since we had Alicia use her CM discount to book the room the CM has to be there at check in to show their ID to get the room. But Alicia was at work until 4 so we would be homeless. But lucky for us I got the text saying our room was ready so we didn’t have to worry anymore.
It was our lucky day because we were the first stop…that was until a pargo was stuck at the gate that wouldn’t open so our bus driver decided to go to the beach club first. We were to early to drop off them that the tragical express was still parked there so we had to wait even longer to drop them off. After dropping the guests off at the beach club we went back to the boardwalk and it was time for us to go find our room.
I’ve only stayed club level at Wilderness lodge where you have to scan your band in order to get up to the club level floor. Here at the boardwalk was a little different the fourth floor was open to all but the side above the bakery and flying fish was blocked off to club level where you had to scan your band to open the inn keeper lounge door. The hotel smelled really good until you went through that door and it was really disappointing.
Our deluxe room was so spacious. It was basically a regular room with an add off with a pullout couch and its own tv.

32447030702_68f4fd8cf4.jpg

32464145602_79b6d272c0.jpg

31774178094_b9054a547a.jpg

32559556836_90ecf884ae.jpg

But the best part about the room was the view. I never needed to stay at the Boardwalk but the view we had was making me regret never staying here before.

32463889002_d2bab5f86d.jpg

We didn’t spend much time at the room before I made the boys head off to MK with me.
The bus driver was the happiest bus driver I have ever had. On the way to MK he kept peeping at every car he passed and would just smile and wave to them. He was just so cheerful. On our way there we were already planning on where to eat. We gave Garret the job of choosing the place…this was a test and he best not choose wrong.
The kingdom was switched over to what we called Tarp Land. It’s all pure magic wrapped up in tarps and some new promotional videos were being taped for this lovely new themed park

32577183096_ea33a6140f.jpg

The lack of food I had today was taking a toll on me so we headed for food but detoured to Space mountain for our first round of fastpasses.
The crowds today were actually pretty intense for it being January but I was ready to take on all the people to get everything done in the next 3 hours.

31805395133_79ac962dc8.jpg

Up next was lunch at Pinocchio’s and it was the busiest I have ever seen it. The line was out the door and all I wanted was some nuggs and caesar salad. After what seemed like hours and hours of waiting we made it to order. I wanted my usual kids meal with a side salad…and I got a big person meal. I was to lazy to tell her she messed up my order and accepted the fact that I looked like a fatty. While I waited for my food I found my “friend” from october who gave me all the free things for my MNSSHP costume. When I told KC he didn’t believe me and I go his name is victor and he has cool eyes. This trip however Victor noticed KC’s outfit (as did a hundred other CMs) If your a hamilton and moana fan you would get it.
I knew with the line we stood in there would be a very slim chance of finding a table. We walked the sitting areas, went outside and finally found a small table on the balcony outside.

32464251662_ee199cac14.jpg

Kc and Garret both got the new chicken parm.

32577184966_bc7441d6aa.jpg

I was all about views this day because our view with our meal was beautiful

32577185016_15218af4ea.jpg

I knew I wouldn't finish my meal so while the boys judged me I wrapped my nuggets in napkins and put them safely in my backpack, this wasn’t my first time carrying nuggets around the kingdom and it probably wont be my last. And with that we headed off to our next fp…to frontierland we go!

continue to next post

Last edited:

I was just thinking last night I needed a Sam report like magic here you are today!. Can't
wait for more

Following along, Did you take the nuggets to Splash Mountain, I recall you doing that before. :)

Yay! Can't wait to hear about this trip. That Boardwalk view is AMAZING! We rented DVC points back in 2012 and stayed in a 2 bedroom so we were on the opposite side of the boardwalk from you, but waking up to that view every morning was perfection!

Love your reports! I'm in! :jumping1:
YAY! Welcome back and thanks for joining along!

I was just thinking last night I needed a Sam report like magic here you are today!. Can't
wait for more
Look at that Disney magic!

Also following! :) I can't wait to hear about your experience with Trader Sam's!
Welcome! Trader Sam's is one of my favorite places on disney property.

Following along!
YAY! Welcome!

Anxiously waiting to read more!
Thanks for joining along!

Following along, Did you take the nuggets to Splash Mountain, I recall you doing that before. :)
As I recall you "know me and my life" so you should already know the answer

Yay! Can't wait to hear about this trip. That Boardwalk view is AMAZING! We rented DVC points back in 2012 and stayed in a 2 bedroom so we were on the opposite side of the boardwalk from you, but waking up to that view every morning was perfection!
I love that boardwalk view, it was real great for people watching.

"Fort Wilderness Lodge", I've heard that before too. Drives me nuts :D
I mean my mother says it all the time so I'm immune too it now.

following along!
Yay! Welcome!

It's A Prank, It's A Pun... But Where's The Rhino?

On our way to frontierland we passed by the Tangled bathroom and I made a stop

32483712292_8b37a62640.jpg

At this time we had thunder fast passes so off we went. On our way there I had to stop to take a picture of the Mississippi river that some have never known that that’s what the little river represents.
At the frontier land DVC booth, which is my personal favorite spot to watch the parade, has a stream flowing under the walkway all the way to the rivers of america. This stream represents the Mississippi River. To the east is Liberty Square symbolizing the eastern part of the United States with its colonial architecture and early American theme. To the west is the early American frontier of Frontierland

31825006473_c97164d700.jpg

32514520731_8a53114cca.jpg

32483739072_e41b8f2bc0.jpg

After having the boys make so many stops we finally reached our destination and we had to make sure to hold onto our hats and glasses because we were about to go on the wildest ride in the wilderness.

32483761472_97d93baf12.jpg

After Thunder we were lucky enough to have a fastpass for splash mountain right away. And the only way we made this happen was because I was able to cheat the system by using alicia’s guest passes to make fastpasses, so tonight we were able to have double the fastpasses and with the crowds it was much needed.

32514520331_9e5e7762af.jpg

Today’s weather was nice, warm enough for shorts but the thought of getting wet on splash mountain wasn’t very appealing. But as much as I didn’t want to get wet my love for splash won over.

I tried letting the boys take the row in front of me but they both quickly objected. Luckily everything was ok when we were given the back 2 rows. Our front row was given to 2 little boys who were experiencing their first time going down chick-a-pin hill. They were anticipating ever drop to be the big one, which I know I did the first time I ever went on it, this is when KC and Garret started “It’s a prank!” which ended up sticking for the rest of the trip. Then I told them I'm going to eat my chicken nuggets down the hill…”it’s a prank” or was it?!
I like to call this “vladimir collects ceramic unicorns”

31825008183_d203ab1681.jpg

I don’t know who got “pranked” more the boys because they thought I was kidding about my nuggs or the fact that the only reason the sat behind me was so they could dab…Garret wanted everyone to dab for a ride photo but I shot that down right away. So good job boys.
We had less than 10 minutes before the festival of fantasy made its way through frontier land. I told KC this was his birthday trip so he could pick what to do, watch the parade or not. He decided no go and he suggested philharmagic.
As we walked down frontierland and liberty square I told the boys to get there dancing shoes on because they were officially part of the parade. We walked over the liberty square bridge when I stopped suddenly and questioned where I was going. My feet where heading for starbucks when I was suppose to use the castle pathway by sleepy hallow to get back to fantasyland.
Philharmagic is always a great choice because 1) it’s a great show and 2) there is never a wait.
Today all that changed, the wait all the way back to the outside queue. I don’t think I ever zig zagged through the first waiting room ever, but today we did.

32514521791_c04a4e1083.jpg

However I would rather be near the end of the line because you have a better chance at being in the middle of a row. Here’s a big thank you for those guests who push to get into the theater first because jokes on you, you have to go to the very end of the isle.

32483739802_137d27f06b.jpg

32514522191_057e6ef272.jpg

If your a disney person you have favorite smells. One of my top disney smells is the pie smell in philharmagic. Before the show started I reminded KC to take a big exhale in every time the champagne bottles popped because they burst the delicious smell for that too. Well during the show the smell didn’t work when the pie came out and I accidentally said “ITS A PRANK!!!” a little to loudly. It ended up being a prank because those champagne bottles didn’t let me down.
Once Philharmagic ended we walked back to adventure land for our last fastpass we could use. Get ready for some horrible puns that make me laugh so much.

32483766182_63a1e7f2c1.jpg

Before we got on our boat KC and I were already judging our Skipper. I always do this because I have high expectations for them. I wish I remembered our skipper because he was great!

32514535691_6939eb5a78.jpg

The reason they call it Inspiration Falls is because if you stare at it long enough, it will inspire you to go…

32596444326_0ff27f7e10.jpg

Do you know what kind of snake that is? It begins with a P... Plastic... it's a plastic snake

32514536701_143dd6164e.jpg

This rock is pure solid sandstone... so don't take it for granite.

32483771272_1f3bf9967f.jpg

You guys don’t see the rhino? just me? And then I realized the rhino was actually gone.

32596447426_cdb98b81cd.jpg

When the boats get backed up at the end, this is your chance to shine skipper lets see what random jokes and puns you can think of. He was on top of his jokes and just kept talking non-stop. He was definitely not a newbie when it came to the jungle.
Like any cruise around the amazon that I take I’m the only one laughing at the puns. Most guests just don’t understand the point of the jungle cruise. And I don’t trust people nor do I want to be your friend if you don’t laugh while riding this attraction.
With that being said we made our way out of the park. Alicia was getting out of work and we were planning on meeting her at the contemporary a little after 4. On our way down main street I got a text from her saying she was on her way out of work.
When its tarp world…that means no trains.
“We’re all bored, we’re all so tired of everything. We wait for trains that just aren’t coming” New Romantics - Taylor swift

31825011073_38177e489a.jpg

We had a wild day here at tarp world

31825027423_9ed111bf32.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:
You're writing one of the most entertaining trip reports I've ever read. I'm going to have to go back and read all of your other ones. I didn't realize the train station was in tarps until that last picture!

So happy to see another Sam trip report!

To stay at the Boardwalk is my dream! I was married there in 2009 at Seabreeze Point and our pictures are on the boardwalk and in the resort - the best is one where we are hanging out of the photobooth on the boardwalk. Now that DS17 is going to college next year, we may be able to finally stay there as we will be a family of 3 during the school year.

Can't wait to read and see more!

I'm so happy I have another one of your trip reports to follow along.

Happy Birthday to KC!

First day is starting off great. Can't wait to read more.

You're writing one of the most entertaining trip reports I've ever read. I'm going to have to go back and read all of your other ones. I didn't realize the train station was in tarps until that last picture!
Thank you I really appreciate that!
The train station and part of Main Street, what a great time to be in disney

Joining in to follow along!
Welcome!

Was hoping you were going to do a trip report when I seen the pictures on IG.
I'm always down to write up a trip report for my trips

So happy to see another Sam trip report!

To stay at the Boardwalk is my dream! I was married there in 2009 at Seabreeze Point and our pictures are on the boardwalk and in the resort - the best is one where we are hanging out of the photobooth on the boardwalk. Now that DS17 is going to college next year, we may be able to finally stay there as we will be a family of 3 during the school year.

Can't wait to read and see more!
YAY!!!! The boardwalk is so nice and I love the atmosphere plus how close it is to Epcot and studios.

I'm so happy I have another one of your trip reports to follow along.

Happy Birthday to KC!

First day is starting off great. Can't wait to read more.
Welcome back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter