itinerary for Easter 2001 - comments please

dcroft

Earning My Ears
We're in Orlando for 1st time this Easter - me, wife and 3 boys aged 10,6 and 6. So far, with more PS to be made, we're doing this:-

Tue 10 arrive from UK 5pm
Swim/wander/eat/sleep

Wed 11 Universal Studios
4pm: Hard Rock café

Thu 12 Islands of Adventure
Character lunch at Confiscos 12:30 – ressie made

Fri 13 Magic Kingdom
PS made 12 noon lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern

Sat 14 Animal Kingdom
Midday – Rainforest Café lunch
Murder mystery night – Grosvenor hotel

Sun 15 day off

Mon 16 Kennedy Space Center

Tue 17 Islands of Adventure
4pm – NBA City café

Wed 18 Universal
PS made 4pm Margaritaville

Thu 19 MGM

Fri 20 day off
evening - pictures – Downtown Disney

Sat 21 EPCOT

Sun 22 Magic Kingdom

Mon 23 Seaworld
Medieval Times dinner show at night

Tue 24 character breakfast at hotel 8:30am-10:30am
IOA
3pm go to airport

Any comments?

I have 2 sons your childrens ages and their absolute FAVORITE thing to do in DisneyWorld are the Waterparks, Specifically Typhoon Lagoon and Bilzzard Beach. May I add that I find them much more enjoyable than MGM? I think you would be really missing out if you didn't try at least one of the Disney Waterparks. They aren't like other waterparks you may have been to as they are very well themed and landscaped, particulary Typhoon Lagoon. You feel as is you are in the Caribbean! My family could and does spend the whole day there and it is the Highlight of our trip for both my sons

Your itinerary looks great. I have to say that MGM is a favorite of my family so I guess it will all depend on your tastes. We love the shows and rides, even the Great Movie Ride. If you do go there, I would suggest making lunch PSs at the Prime Time Cafe. Some have said you can do AK and MGM in one day, but your AK day is pretty full (don't miss It's Tough To Be a Bug). You don't have any PSs in Epcot, which is good especially for lunch when it is nice to graze in the different countries. We had a hard time seeing Illuminations because of all the people (though October may be less crowded--will Illuminations still be happening?). Some people recommend making dinner reservations where you can watch Illuminations (Mexico, maybe?). You could post on the Disney board about that. We are doing our first Universal trip in April but your itinerary looks good from what has been posted here. We have ressies at HRC and Emeril's. Finally, we have had good experiences going to parks early in the day (at Disney it seems one should avoid a park's ee day if you are staying offsite) and then coming back to the hotel in the afternoon for a swim break and then heading back to the parks (often a different one than in the morning) until they closed. Have a great trip!

Oops--I said October--not sure why I had that in mind. April will be busy for Illuminations so a restaurant reservation might be a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter