Itinerary: comments welcome

VancouverFoppa

Earning My Ears
Edited:

Please feel free to comment on our proposed itinerary. If I've missed something you feel that's important, please let me know. Hope I allocated sufficient time for each park.

May 4th:
Arrive at Pop Century in the morning
MK in the afternoon (1:00pm - closing)
Watch Spectromagic at MK (8:30pm)

May 5th:
Epcot early entry day (whole day)
Epcot World Showcase
Dinner at Boardwalk.
Watch llluminations at Epcot (9:00pm)

May 6th:
MK early entry day (opening - 1:00pm)
Blizzard Beach in the afternoon (2:00pm - 5:00pm)
Dinner at DTD.
Check out the nightlife in DTD.

May 7th:
AK early entry day (open until close)
Dinner at Poly.
Wishes Cruise from Poly (8:00pm)

May 8th:
MGM early entry day (all day)
Dinner package at Hollywood & Vine.
Fantasmic (9:00pm)

May 9th:
Typhoon Lagoon (10:00am - 1:00pm)
Epcot afternoon (2:00pm onwards)
Free time at night

May 10th:
MK in the morning.
Free time in the afteroon.
End the trip by watching Wishes.

May 11th:
Free time in the morning.
Fly home at 5:00pm.

...End your trips with a bang.

I always try to schedule my last evening of the trip with something big like Fantasmic, Illuminations, Spectro or Wishes.

Perhaps you could consider moving your Fantasmic night back one night. Another perk by doing this is you will be able to leave MGM on the EMH day in the afternoon to do something else. Typically the parks that have EMH are more crowded than usual in the evenings anyways. Although, for those dates in May it may not be an issue.

Overall, looks like a good plan.

I don't think you've necessarily missed anything, but just a few things to keep in mind. Since you are travelling to a different time zone, remember that going to an EMH is like getting to a park at 5 or 6 in the morning which also means like getting up at 4 or 5am. If you are used to getting up that early, it may not be a problem. Allow for a little flexibility in your planning. We typically get 2 days into our trip and change things around a little bit. Enjoy staying onsite. According to your itinerary, it looks like you spend all day in the parks. One of the many benefits of staying onsite is the fact that you can move to and from your resort with ease. Take advantage of that and go back to your resort during the afternoon ;relax and get re-energized for your nighttime activities. You don't have to do that everyday. It's just nice to know that you CAN do that....

Have a great time.

How long are you going to stay in AK? Because the date you set, May 7th, AK closes at 5pm and BB closes at 6pm.

I would suggest AK in the morning, Epcot in the evening and moving BB to May 9th.

Since you'll be there during Flower and Garden festival, any thoughts of adding more Epcot days to your itenerary? May 9th on your calendar looks good for it.

Thank you all for your replies.

Since I've only allocated one day for AK, I would like to see and do everything in that park. Based on your experiences, how long would this take? Would I be able to see most things and make it to BB by about 2:00pm?

Yes, the Flower and Garden festival sounds good. That will probably fit into the last couple of days.

You'll definitely miss the parade since that starts at 4:00PM.

Hi all,

I've changed my itinerary a bit based on your responses. The main changes are:

I've changed AK to full day, so I don't have to rush to another park.

BB is moved to the afternoon of MK EMH day. Planned a third trip to MK on May 10th.

Planned a second trip to Epcot on May 9th.

Finish the trip with a viewing of Wishes from the grounds of MK!

All that hopping :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc has got ME tired! We usually have full days, but not to 3 places in one day! Have fun!!!! ::yes::

Sounds good... but a little suggestion:

on May 9th, a little longer time at TL, move Epcot back to afternoon/evening. Reasoning:

1. Epcot has concerts going on during F&G Festival at 5:45, 7:00 and 8:00pm. Depending on your taste in music, that might be something to consider doing in the evening. Grab some dinner and watch a concert. For your time frame, it would be the Grass Roots playing.

2. TL might take longer than 3 hours.

Other than that... looks superb! Have a blast!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter