Is this true and can really be done?

princessap

DIS Veteran
I am still searching for a one night stay at Aoa in a LM room the night before our poly stay with no luck...I was on the disneyworld chat today and the cm told me that I could book a few days and then cancel what I didn't need later on. The only dates this works on is the days we are at the poly. She said it didn't matter and that you can have two room reservations and they arent linked at all?! Is that true? I booked poly in the fall for 35% off and really don't want to lose that reservation.
Now.....this may all be for nothing as now it isn't showing any availability at all but I thought I would ask in case availability turns up! It was there for my one night on Saturday and gone by the time I got my credit card entered :(

I did that before, I booked more days than we needed for a special package because it would show availability for say 7 nights but no availability for 5 nights during that same time frame. Then I called back the next week and got rid of the 2 extra nights that we didn't need with no problems.

As far as having more than one ressie in the same name for same dates - its possible. I currently have 2 trips coming up, one has 3 ressies & the other has 2, and some nights overlap. I originally booked cash ressies, then tried to rent points for the stays, but not all my nights were available with points. So some ressies are cash, some are points for part of the stay, some points for another part, etc.

I am still searching for a one night stay at Aoa in a LM room the night before our poly stay with no luck...I was on the disneyworld chat today and the cm told me that I could book a few days and then cancel what I didn't need later on. The only dates this works on is the days we are at the poly. She said it didn't matter and that you can have two room reservations and they arent linked at all?! Is that true? I booked poly in the fall for 35% off and really don't want to lose that reservation.
Now.....this may all be for nothing as now it isn't showing any availability at all but I thought I would ask in case availability turns up! It was there for my one night on Saturday and gone by the time I got my credit card entered :(

Yep, it can be done. We just did it for our January trip. We wanted to stay at the CR but it was only affordable if we did a split stay. I realized if I quoted the full stay of 8 nights it told us it was available, but if I did only a partial stay it told me no availability. So, I kept our current FW reservation as it was and booked a second reservation at the CR under my husband's name. Then, once we figured out how the split stay would work, I was able to call back and adjust the dates on both reservations to fit what we wanted. During the time that we had both reservations, they both showed up in my Disney account under the same account and we didn't have any problems.

Of course, I didn't want to hold up anyone else getting their availability under the AP discount- which was how we booked both of the rooms- so I made sure to get everything fixed as soon as I could. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter