Is this legal for DVC to do?

That is awesome!! and I know I am relieved to not have to worry about other people's spending when they stay on my points.

Right is Right, and that just wasnt right.

I know when a thread gets really long, I sometimes tune out, but I was delighted to read Diesel's Thread today and find that DVC's current policy is not to hold Members Accountable for Guests Incidental Charges that guests secure with their own credit card.

Let the Renting begin!!! LOL! :rotfl:

I will now start renting again. Wait, I need available points to rent and I am all booked up this year. Add on?

I appreciate you posting that. I'd long given up reading that other thread. :)

Me, too! Thanks for posting the 'conclusion of the whole matter' in a new thread.

gppnj, I wonder why you are still 'earning your ears' with more than seventy-five posts? :confused3

Don't you hate it when they say "current" policy in their correspondence to us? Just makes you think it is subject to change without notice at any time! :earseek:

For those who rent, it is worth visiting that thread and printing off the MS e-mail and contact name.

diesel said:
Thank you, thank you Duckfan-in-chicago for this email reply. I was able to call up member accounting to discuss this matter with Karen. She agreed to take my account off hold.

The reason I have not written back is my BIL is still having problems with member accounting. It took them over a week to call him back even though he left them 3 different phone numbers. When he finally talked to them he told them he would like a copy of the bill to check it over for any mistakes since this issue is so screwed up. It's been a week and a half since and he has still not received the bill. And in the mean time I want to make reservations for next year but couldn't. Every time I called I got the same answer that I was responsible for the bill and my account was on hold until paid.

But with this email I was able to get a contact name to call and was able to speak with Karen and she agreed to take our account off hold but only after I had read her the e-mail. She then transfered me to reservations and I was able to book my vacation.

Thanks again Duckfan-In-Chicago.

I am glad you are off the hook on this one. I never believed you should have been on the hook in the first place.

But it still concerns me the way they have handled this and that you had to resort to reading an email from someone else in DVD to make your case.

I too will keep a record of that email. Amazing. :rolleyes1

I know when a thread gets really long, I sometimes tune out,
Hehe... me too. With minor exception, once a thread hits page 4, I unsubscribe.

but I was delighted to read Diesel's Thread today and find that DVC's current policy is not to hold Members Accountable for Guests Incidental Charges that guests secure with their own credit card.
That is excellent news, and it was indeed in another thread that I read it first, since Diesel's thread got so long.

Let the Renting begin!!! LOL! :rotfl:
I'll definitely seriously reconsider my earlier statement that I would no longer be renting!

Now ask Disney/DVC to define "guest" of the member. In the official literature, guests are defined as folks who stay on your points without compensation to the member. A "renter" is not a guest under this definition.

bicker said:
Hehe... me too. With minor exception, once a thread hits page 4, I unsubscribe.

I don't even read them until they have a few pages under the belt. The more pages, the more interesting, usually!

Shortly after talking to Karen at DVC Accounting and expressing my concern on how slowly accounting was handling the issue with my BIL, suddenly accounting called my BIL. My BIL called me tonight to say that accounting had finally called him back and I told him how I had spoken to Karen in accounting today and it looks like Karen must have spoken to the person handling my BIL case because she called him like 10 min after I had hung up with accounting. Well hopefully the issue with my BIL bill will be cleared up eventually.

diesel said:
Shortly after talking to Karen at DVC Accounting and expressing my concern on how slowly accounting was handling the issue with my BIL, suddenly accounting called my BIL. My BIL called me tonight to say that accounting had finally called him back and I told him how I had spoken to Karen in accounting today and it looks like Karen must have spoken to the person handling my BIL case because she called him like 10 min after I had hung up with accounting. Well hopefully the issue with my BIL bill will be cleared up eventually.
Great news!!!

facebook twitter