Is this enough time from landing to FastPass?

MousetersInc

Mouseketeer
I got a FoP FP for 2 hours and 10 minutes after our flight is supposed to land at MCO. (Since FP is a 1-hr window, that means we have up to 3hrs 10min.) That ought to be enough, I think, but can you let me know your estimates of all these steps:
  1. From the plane to ME (we're flying Southwest; I don't know whether that guarantees a certain terminal)
  2. ME to WL (I realize this can vary greatly, but worst-case estimate)
  3. Check in process at WL (I understand it can take a while. We can certainly do mobile check in, but we'll have carry-on bags to leave at bell services.)
  4. Probably planning to Uber to AK
  5. Gate of AK to FoP

I think that you will be fine if you plane leaves and arrives on time. Usually SW is great at making up time in the air, if you get a late start. However, weather or a mechanical problem could impact your arrival time.

I usually choose my first FP to be something that I wouldn't get upset if I miss it and can easily be rescheduled. FoP most likely will not have additional times available on the day of your arrival. If you can, maybe book Expedition Everest first...the FoP as your 2nd or 3rd FP...just to be safe.

Our FoP was in fact our third, but it was at 4:50 and we were hoping to make the first day a half day and spend the afternoon at WL relaxing after having woken up at 3am. I've been trying for weeks to move it up, and when 9:20 came up I grabbed it. But we also have a FP for FoP on our second AK day, so we won't miss out entirely if the worst happens. I've been googling a bit and it looks like the normal estimate is 90 minutes from gate to resort, with some getting lucky and some hitting 2.5 hours. One person got stuck in a traffic jam, taken back to MCO and given a cab, and got to the resort 3 hrs later! But freak problems could happen at any point with any plan. I've been training my kids to ask themselves, "What would it take to ruin the trip," and try to keep it limited to the truly terrible (broken limb, violently ill).

We just used ME to YC last week. This was only the second time we used it. Our flight landed on time at about 9:30. We must have just missed a bus because there was only 1 family in front of us in our lane. We waited inside, then waited again on the bus for more guests. We went to CBR, BWI & BC before YC. We didn’t get to YC til after 12. So 2.5 hours after landing. We were met for club level check in, then got a quick drink in the lounge. We have not personally had good luck in getting quickly to our resort on ME.

Ship your larger bags to WL ahead of time using a luggage delivery service, bringing only a small carry-on onto the plane. Then just walk off your flight and go directly outside to take an Uber from MCO to AK. Then even if your flight is delayed by an hour or two you will easily make your FP.

There is no need to check-in at WL counter, just drop your bags and head to AK.

If you're running late, Lyft/Uber from the airport directly to AK and use a locker for your carry-ons, assuming they are backpacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter