is this disturbing or what?

FrontierNatasha

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Now let's talk abo
i was on my way to the music mixing room and this girl playing a song asked " any less be ans out there want to. . .forgot what else. . .?" :bride: :bride: and then i was in the mixing room. i quickly came out but it was too late, she was gone. isnt that disturbing. now i know that there is at least one lesbian that plays vmk. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:
any funny/gross/disturbing/weird memories you have of vmk?

One time a boy was following me around asking me if I was taken. I am against the whole taken thing and I told him to go away. But he persisted. I guess he was friends with one of my friends and that is how he kept finding me. Well after I told him I was going to send a complaint. He told me he was really a girl and he was testing me to see if I was what he called "funny." I asked him what that meant and he said (of she said, whatever) that funny meant less bee an. It's a crazy vmk world out there. :rotfl: Not that there's anything wrong with that! :teeth:

FrontierNatasha said:
i was on my way to the music mixing room and this girl playing a song asked " any less be ans out there want to. . .forgot what else. . .?" :bride: :bride: and then i was in the mixing room. i quickly came out but it was too late, she was gone. isnt that disturbing. now i know that there is at least one lesbian that plays vmk. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:
any funny/gross/disturbing/weird memories you have of vmk?

When I first started on vmk......I was on the music dance floor and some boy came up on me and asked me to dance, and said something about how "hat" I looked in my cowboy pants. Now since you cant punch someone in their virtual nose I just danced to the other side of the room, far from "arms" reach rofl. My girl likes me in cowboy pants but I didnt think all of vmk felt the same way.

Maybe we should all write a book on our experiences on vmk.......I got about 10 chapters already.

Signed..........the "hat boy in cowboy pants" rofl

Just a suggestion... instead of sharing stories of inappropriate vmk behavior that just might offend someone here on the board, try to remember to immediately report this behavior when you see it happening in vmk. If everyone will do this it will help keep it to a minimum in the game. The best way is to use the call for help button and describe what you have witnessed specifically, inform vmk that you have already put the person on ignore (even if you haven't) and thank them for their time. Hope this helps next time you come across something you find disturbing.

I agree with what Jewel said.
Please do keep in mind what you want to share on this board about experiences on VMK, because you will most likely be offending someone. I, myself, have several friends who are lesbians and gay men. I don't find it funny to be laughing about lesbians or gays at all. While I know that you may have found it disturbing and were freaked out by it and wanted to share with others, please about what you're going to post before you post it, because you never know who could be reading it and possibly become offended.

nmudisneyfan said:
Please do keep in mind what you want to share on this board about experiences on VMK, because you will most likely be offending someone. I, myself, have several friends who are lesbians and gay men. I don't find it funny to be laughing about lesbians or gays at all. While I know that you may have found it disturbing and were freaked out by it and wanted to share with others, please about what you're going to post before you post it, because you never know who could be reading it and possibly become offended.

This may be just my opinion but.........
I sincerely think in todays society we all have friends of alternative lifestyles. And I also know that the ones who are my friends value that sense of humor, and they know it is meant in the good natured way, the same humor they give me in return. From experience I also know that the person that approached me was not gay, but someone playing the part, trying to be funny. People should know that these people are not on the site stalking anyone. So you see the post was not meant to point any fingers, or poke any fun at anyone.......only to show that people will stop at nothing to amuse themselves on vmk. Oh and yes I did report him, not because I was "freaked out" in any way......but I realize there are young players who do not need contact with his kind.

In any event, talking about being lesbian, or anything with a sexual subject matter, is against VMK values. I don't want my preschooler asking about less be an activities on VMK.

nmudisneyfan said:

Well said! Although some of you find gay/lesbian disturbing they are still people! I dont know any one who is but I know that I woul respect that and get to know them for who they are if I do get to meet someone like that.

sorry i wasnt trying to offend anyone the point of this thread was to share any funny/disturbing/gross/weird memories and not only about lesbians. it can be any story of those kinds.

I don't have an issue with anyone's sexuality. I do have an issue with someone who feels the need to announce it in a children's game whether for real or just to be funny. It's just not appropriate for VMK.

As for children encountering the term lesbian, in my experience, they hear it very early in life and if it's not explained very well, the kid can innocently get into trouble. Just an example... My nephew was in first grade (age 6) and asked my brother, his father, what a lesbian is. My brother didn't want to give much information so he said, "A lesbian is a girl who likes other girls." My nephew went to school the very next day and saw two first grade girls who liked each other and called them lesbians. Bam, faster than he said it, he was expelled from school for sexual harassment. No, I'm not kidding. My brother then forced the school to revoke the expulsion and hopefully offered a more complete explanation to my nephew.

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

Yikes. :blush: I didn't mean to start anything either. I have nothing against anyone's sexuality. I just thought it was an awkward situation. I did not report this person I just told them to watch what they say to people , because it may turn into a problem. Sorry dudes, I may have been a little off topic here.

Well, I don't want to get into all of the objectionable stuff, but I do have a memory from my first day in VMK.

I had gone into a game room, and the owner was sitting in a skeleton chair (I didn't know that though.) Well I blink for one second and the owner is gone and all I see is a skeleton. Then everyone starts saying that the owner dc. It was my first time hearing dc, and seeing the skeleton made me think dc meant deceased. :sad2: :sad2:

I don't think there's a place for any sort of sexuality in VMK, whether straight, bi, or gay/lesbian.

The worst part is when ppl think the words "Gay" and "Lesbian" can be used for name calling,like today me and my friend were at the park, so we decided to go to the baseball field and cheer on the players,we were saying stuff like,"Hi" and other stuff,but the guys were saying "Shut up" to us.We left came back again and then they were against the fence,and a guy called us lesbians.It's so wrong how ppl think those words can be used for name calling :sad2:

RaggedyAnnPrincess said:
The worst part is when ppl think the words "Gay" and "Lesbian" can be used for name calling,like today me and my friend were at the park, so we decided to go to the baseball field and cheer on the players,we were saying stuff like,"Hi" and other stuff,but the guys were saying "Shut up" to us.We left came back again and then they were against the fence,and a guy called us lesbians.It's so wrong how ppl think those words can be used for name calling :sad2:

you know how those people will end up: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

kissmy_____katrina said:
Well, I don't want to get into all of the objectionable stuff, but I do have a memory from my first day in VMK.

I had gone into a game room, and the owner was sitting in a skeleton chair (I didn't know that though.) Well I blink for one second and the owner is gone and all I see is a skeleton. Then everyone starts saying that the owner dc. It was my first time hearing dc, and seeing the skeleton made me think dc meant deceased. :sad2: :sad2:

Now that's a funny story. :goodvibes

Here's a little VMK story that may shed some light on VMK Staff's views of the matter.

A few days ago, we (some friends and I) noticed a room on the popular list called "Boys Meet Boys Club" and in the description, it read something like, "You heard me right." Now I have no problems if people are gay or whatnot...that's their business. But we felt this was inappropriate for the target age group of VMK. If I had a child, I would not want to have to explain to them about the whole alternate lifestyles issue because they learned it in an online Disney game. So we reported the room to staff. Staff came and told us that the room was fine and that if we said anything to the owner we would get a ban. o_O (No I won't mention which staff, because that could be flaming.) So we left. But it still was disturbing to us. So one of use, who happens to be a Community Leader and parent of three who all play, decided to go find a staff member and explain the situation in a little more depth. And she did. The next day, she saw the room again in the popular list with the same title, but the description was changed and it read to the effect that staff had spoken to the owner and he was upset about having to change the description.

Now, I understand part of staff's decision. They do have an alert message about talking about politics, religion and that kind of stuff. My friend has gotten it before for talking about God. So yes, I understand that saying something negative to the owner about boys and boys would be against values in that sense. But at the same time, it is not an appropriate subject for 8-14 year olds in an online game. This is not a dating game. You make friends, yes. You don't start relationships.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

LittleDragonErin said:
Now, I understand part of staff's decision. They do have an alert message about talking about politics, religion and that kind of stuff. My friend has gotten it before for talking about God. So yes, I understand that saying something negative to the owner about boys and boys would be against values in that sense. But at the same time, it is not an appropriate subject for 8-14 year olds in an online game. This is not a dating game. You make friends, yes. You don't start relationships. Anyway, that's my two cents.

ITA with you. The other day I wandered in on a little "converting" session myself, and it wasn't about religion! :sad2: It was a girl trying to convince another girl to "turn yay." Now, I'm not talking about the choose vs. not choose debate here because it's irrelevant to my point, other than the girl told her to "just choose" to be "yay." This was single handedly the most absurd thing I have ever seen in my life in a game that's supposed to be for children! I mean, this girl was following the other girl around, telling her to stop liking boys and like girls instead, and something along the lines of mess around with her and other girls or else something was "wrong with her" for liking boys. Said girl soon disappeared, but still. :rolleyes: It's inappropriate for a game that's supposed to be targeted to 8-12 year olds. I'd deem it equally appropriate if a player was gay and was then hounded to become straight. But my point is it has NO place in the game in the first place. We shouldn't know nor care about other players' private lives in that regard. :sad2:

That being said, VMK has painted themselves into a box. By allowing the taken nonsense in the first place, how can they go back and say "Well, it's only allowed if it's girls and boys, not boys and boys or girls and girls" without hearing long and loud that it's discrimination, and the last thing they want is even one potential customer (be it through the theme parks, the movies, or even the merchandise in stores) to be alienated and/or offended by something with the Disney company's name attached to it.

So, I suppose my point is simply that orientation has no place in this game, nor does dating, period. If they think that God and politics are the only two major hot buttons, they're sadly mistaken. People do get into arguments about a person's lifestyle and whether it's right or wrong, and it is very possible for people in the game to get offended on both ends. If I had been on the receiving end of that girl's speech, I would've been mighty offended if she had told me something was wrong with me because I was straight. Vice versa should be true as well. Almost everyone has an opinion about various "hot button topics," so to speak, but VMK is not exactly the place to be getting into all of that. Hence my point that the whole taken issue has no place in the game in the first place. Opens up too many cans of worms, IMO. As if VMK will ever get the clue though. :rolleyes:

lets not ruin the topic and talk about lesbians so much. the whole point was to share any funny/weird/disturbing/gross stories, ok?

darkacre said:
In any event, talking about being lesbian, or anything with a sexual subject matter, is against VMK values. I don't want my preschooler asking about less be an activities on VMK.

I agree completely, because if anyones preschooler reads that the person that said it would get in some serious trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter